• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrv

TurtleSnatcher said:
So when selecting my 'World'

Lindblum isn't listed..?

Where do I go then to play with Gaffers? D:
lindblum server is removed from character creation due to overpopulation

Gravijah said:
If they shut off servers and you can't join them..

Unless I'm incorrect. But if the main GAF server is shut off to new registration then no others can join for a while until so many people quit? Seems so weird.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
TurtleSnatcher said:
If they shut off servers and you can't join them..

Unless I'm incorrect. But if the main GAF server is shut off to new registration then no others can join for a while until so many people quit? Seems so weird.
You might just have to wait a day or 2 to join. They shut it off before and reopened it.

jsrv

Corran Horn said:
You might just have to wait a day or 2 to join. They shut it off before and reopened it.
I think they shut lindblum and the other 4 servers off for just a few hours before though, I think it's been past a day this time. they may be closing them to force the people waiting for the standard edition to join the other lesser populated servers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
If anyone stuck on rab needs a linkshell my friends is open, we got over 30 peeps now and growing, we group, talk about crafting, share good spots for gathering yadda yadda, a really nice group of people already. Just message Pope Benedict :D and say Gabriel sent you :lol

daebo

QisTopTier said:
If anyone stuck on rab needs a linkshell my friends is open, we got over 30 peeps now and growing, we group, talk about crafting, share good spots for gathering yadda yadda, a really nice group of people already. Just message Pope Benedict :D and say Gabriel sent you :lol

No shit. I've seen Pope B around. Need to get a Pearl from one of you.

QisTopTier said:
I went on Rab for now.

I may shoot you a message once I figure out what the fuck I'm doing :lol

Confused as all hell still.. But seems ok.

I think I may reroll as Archer seems to kinda suck :( I kept having issues with monsters running away and my guy auto backing up and then the monsters like regenerating health D:

TurtleSnatcher said:
Confused as all hell still.. But seems ok.

I think I may reroll as Archer seems to kinda suck :( I kept having issues with monsters running away and my guy auto backing up and then the monsters like regenerating health D:

No need to reroll. You can change your class/job at any time in this game just by equipping a different weapon/tool.

HappyBivouac said:
No need to reroll. You can change your class/job at any time in this game just by equipping a different weapon/tool.
Oh really? Nice.

I'm so newb. This is why i was looking forward to a GAF Linkshell so I can ask my stupid questions haha

:(

adam.chance

Neo Member
Hopefully they bring lindblum back soon. Will roll on Rab. until then. It will give me time to get stuff sorted out :)

is there a "best" class for healing or buffing? I went Tha.

mileS

Lindblum will be back up there soon. I rerolled my character so many times that I noticed when its not on the server list if you wait like 5-10 min it will most likely be back up again.

Just wait a bit, go back an option then forward again to see if it comes back up. It will probably be worth it because we have a good group of people already and everyone is very helpful and friendly.

mileS said:
Lindblum will be back up there soon. I rerolled my character so many times that I noticed when its not on the server list if you wait like 5-10 min it will most likely be back up again.

Just wait a bit, go back an option then forward again to see if it comes back up. It will probably be worth it because we have a good group of people already and everyone is very helpful and friendly.
When did you do that?

Ill check really late tonight.

Pkm said:
What Im experience so far is a game that is to far from being streamlined in far to many aspects. Maybe its my lack of a manual.
Heck I cant figure out how if I pull out the city map how do I move it around to see it all besides the area Im in. I can see a good ways north/south/west/east but I cant figure out how to pan all over it with out runnning further in a direction.
To pan the map around, do the same thing you use to adjust the camera - for example, with mouse hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse.

Yeah, the instruction manual packed in the game would be really useful to a beginner, the buddy passes are designed for people who will probably guide their buddies around, at least at first (or lend their buddy the instruction booklet).

Unfortunately, I can't help with your targeting issue, as I use gamepad, not mouse/keyboard...but there's a lockon command, you just have to figure out the key for that. So, target the creature, lockon to it. then you can just concentrate on the menu bar. At least until that enemy dies.

Teknoman

Kyoufu said:
Yeah I regret getting this game now. Its just not playable.

Job system is a step forward from XI, but the actual world itself is a huge step back. Entire fields without any monsters to kill. The only camps to grind anything are always full.

Well you're kinda doing it wrong. You arent really supposed to grind. You grab leves and solo them/ join a party with other people that have leves.

The areas do need a higher monster population, but at times/certain areas, monster pops are pretty decent. Guildleves are pretty much the primary leveling method at the moment though. You arent supposed to camp either.

The new main SoD linkshell forum looks great, and it'll be even better once we start having to do company stuff.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
2644_ab2a3f37345f8a1f.png

Atrus

Gold Member
Footpads are way too tough for those level 20 leves. Not only are they high leveled but they can't be pulled far, come in groups and like to spam weapon skills like Red Lotus II.

I recommend caution if you haven't tried them yet.

Chris R

Teknoman said:
Well you're kinda doing it wrong. You arent really supposed to grind. You grab leves and solo them/ join a party with other people that have leves.

The areas do need a higher monster population, but at times/certain areas, monster pops are pretty decent. Guildleves are pretty much the primary leveling method at the moment though. You arent supposed to camp either.

The new main SoD linkshell forum looks great, and it'll be even better once we start having to do company stuff.
Spawn rate in the beta was fucking horrible. Might not be so bad once people spread out but then again the game isn't really even out yet. And while grinding shouldn't be the best option for leveling it should atleast be an option for those who want to grind. But with how spread out the mobs are and the horrible spawn rate grinding just wasn't possible (in OB). You would also figure that the spawn rate would be higher in lower level areas since people will be going through those zones multiple times for different weapons. L

Dreamwriter said:
To pan the map around, do the same thing you use to adjust the camera - for example, with mouse hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse.

Yeah, the instruction manual packed in the game would be really useful to a beginner, the buddy passes are designed for people who will probably guide their buddies around, at least at first (or lend their buddy the instruction booklet).

Unfortunately, I can't help with your targeting issue, as I use gamepad, not mouse/keyboard...but there's a lockon command, you just have to figure out the key for that. So, target the creature, lockon to it. then you can just concentrate on the menu bar. At least until that enemy dies.

Excellent Thank you sooo much for this info. Yeah my buddy was obsessed with FF11 while I was obssesed with Anarchy Online. We both tried each others games, and hated them lol. Now his gam gets a sequel and mine is rotting in F2P hell lol. Top it off he picks my server and talks me into playing yet he has yet to log in since launch day, hell Im farther then him hehe.

Yeah the problem Im having is as a conjurer I target the mob via tab, or clicking. I have found that C is lock on to it, which Im not sure what that does exactly. Once the target is targeted it seems after I go to caste an elemental spell I have a notificaion asking if I want it AoE. If I want it AoE I highlight it then click on the enemy to fire the spell at it, if I want single target I leave it unhighlighted but still have to click on it.
Far to slow and to many clicks for me..

I tend to favor games were the mouse plays no part in combat. I there keys to eliminae any need to click on the enemy? I just want to Tab target or clcik to target then rely on the KB. Struggling to click on moving objects or tab them since tab seems to also pick up friendlies. Im not used to cycling through friendlies or see why one would.

Pkm said:
I tend to favor games were the mouse plays no part in combat. I there keys to eliminae any need to click on the enemy? I just want to Tab target or clcik to target then rely on the KB. Struggling to click on moving objects or tab them since tab seems to also pick up friendlies. Im not used to cycling through friendlies or see why one would.
I suggest setting up macro's - the macro window is in the config menu. For example, here's a macro that will target and lockon to the nearest enemy or NPC:

/targetnpc
/lockon

This forum post is a quick macro tutorial

Subxero

I still need to catch up with some one to get a LS invite. Currently on Lindblum in Gridania. I should be back on tomorrow.

nataku said:
Those wondering when levequests refresh, this website has a timer on the right side that has an estimate on it since leves are on a global server reset.

Though I have no idea what the larger 40 hour 56 minute timer (as of this post) is about.
Add 36 hours to the current 4 hours 56 minute, and you get 40:56 - that's when the *next* Leve refresh is. BTW, the timer is the same the game will tell you if you ask a crystal when your god-invoke points come back.

I don't mean to beg, but does anyone have a guest pass? I was part of giveaway thing on that wiki so I am not coming out of nowhere. If I play an MMO this semester I want it to be with GAF so it's ok that i'm being casual.

kiryogi

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Alright GAF. I am going to pick this up later this morning. Are the CE bonuses worth the added cost? Also I plan on joining you guys in Lind.
Only bonus and reason I got CE was the 1 week early play :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom