• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

2665_0ab8ba37b42b1fd4.png

These are quite nice. :lol

Rentahamster said:
Dhalsim is mighty lonely nowadays cuz of this XD
Unfortunately I cant get on Lind..

:\

I even just checked now.. had to delete my char I've been fiddling with.. Was trying to see if checking early in the morning here in the US would help (4:30am) and nothing.. same servers.

I think they are just locking it for good until people start to leave to that server..

Sigh

Ronok

TurtleSnatcher said:

I even just checked now.. had to delete my char I've been fiddling with.. Was trying to see if checking early in the morning here in the US would help (4:30am) and nothing.. same servers.

I think they are just locking it for good until people start to leave to that server..

Sigh

Instead of deleting your character, you can add a new character for free for the first month. ;)

TurtleSnatcher said:

Sigh

How frequently have you been checking? I am picking up the game later today.

Really? Wouldn't let me. Do i have go to the managment site and add one? Because when I did my first slot it didnt charge me because I assumed you get only 1 for free and that was the one.

The_Inquisitor said:
How frequently have you been checking? I am picking up the game later today.
Got the game last night.. checked then.. kept going back and forth for a bit and the list never changed.

Not even seeing stuff like Figaro on the list either which I think one or two gaffers even joined.

So I just joined Rab for now.

Mjunter

The game has its issues but I'm having fun. Really interested in seeing how SE responds to some of these issues that really should have been fixed since Alpha in some cases.

2552_0110fd6524a3fb97.png

Don't tell me it's umpossible to get into Lind. Must.... play of GAF server. :lol :lol

Anyways I just beat Ghostbusters. Did it in one sitting. @_@. Gnight

Since everyone else is doing it

2801_ab2a3f37345f8a1f.png

Had a strange bug where I could cast punishing barbs with no cooldown (normally it takes 3 minutes to recharge). It was fun soloing red con mobs, unfortunately you don't get SP when the mobs kill themselves.

God dammit. I drank Starbucks at 1:30 CST. Still haven't been able to go to sleep. Gamestop doesn't open until 11am.

I just realized that the game is still in pre-order. Is it too late to reserve a pre-order with gamestop, and get a early code?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Was playing all night, fighting does and crabs with my ls. I'm totally thinking of dropping INT as a stat on my thm until further notice, the debuffs and dots are so freaking powerful... its not really worth worrying about them missing.

Prob going to do a 1 vit 2 mnd 4 pie build on my thm until something comes up that shows thats bad.

but yeah... dia and bio are AMAZING also slow

Not really worried about nuking and such, I rather back up heal and debuff :D

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The_Inquisitor said:
God dammit. I drank Starbucks at 1:30 CST. Still haven't been able to go to sleep. Gamestop doesn't open until 11am.

I just realized that the game is still in pre-order. Is it too late to reserve a pre-order with gamestop, and get a early code?

I got mine a day after it came out and they had a bunch of them sitting behind the counter. If the store hasn't sold out you should be able to grab a copy. Best to just call in ahead of time and check.

If not the regular edition will be out in a few days and it's a lot cheaper then the CE. If that's what you are trying to get they should still be able to give you a code for that. It's still being advertised on their site and when I preorder I normally do it a day or two before release and they always have a giant stack of codes still.

Darkness said:
I got mine a day after it came out and they had a bunch of them sitting behind the counter. If the store hasn't sold out you should be able to grab a copy. Best to just call in ahead of time and check.

If not the regular edition will be out in a few days and it's a lot cheaper then the CE.

My local gamestop is pretty much on campus. So I will just walk over in a bit.

I absolutely want to be on the GAF server. Any luck to people trying to get into Lind?

Zomba13

I've registered on the enjin site jinko set up but still waiting on a pearl. Gonna log in now and finish the 2 leves I had left over from last night and then most likey craft some around Grid.

If anyone trying to join Lindblum doesn't see it in the list, just be patient, they are opening and closing servers constantly to balance things out. If you watch the news feed on the lodestone you can follow the suspensions there too.

DrDogg

QisTopTier said:
Was playing all night, fighting does and crabs with my ls. I'm totally thinking of dropping INT as a stat on my thm until further notice, the debuffs and dots are so freaking powerful... its not really worth worrying about them missing.

Prob going to do a 1 vit 2 mnd 4 pie build on my thm until something comes up that shows thats bad.

but yeah... dia and bio are AMAZING also slow

Not really worried about nuking and such, I rather back up heal and debuff :D

INT = Mag. Atk. (damage)
MND = Cure Potency, MP, and Mag. Def.
PIE = Mag. Acc.

So if you're not worried about your spells missing you should be neglecting PIE, not INT.

rocK`

Banned
I still don't know what you guys do for leveling >.>

I'm very lost in the game, I did my towns main quest and some leves...don't know where the next town is or what to do. I tried to take up BSM but I don't know anything about recipes, etc.

I'm a lost soul v.v

DrDogg

rocK` said:
I still don't know what you guys do for leveling >.>

I'm very lost in the game, I did my towns main quest and some leves...don't know where the next town is or what to do. I tried to take up BSM but I don't know anything about recipes, etc.

I'm a lost soul v.v

The official site has recipes: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/

What's the link to make the signatures guys? I signed up for the forum site, but I don't see it. :lol

Sallokin

Gah, for some reason today when I loaded the game it doesn't have me in the linkshell anymore. Is this something that's been happening, or do I need to get reinvited?

The_Inquisitor said:
Alright GAF. I am going to pick this up later this morning. Are the CE bonuses worth the added cost? Also I plan on joining you guys in Lind.
As you realized, the biggest CE bonus is that it's out now :) The Standard Edition comes out Thursday. The only way to get a code to start playing now while still getting Standard, is to convince someone to give you their Buddy Pass, which starts your free 30 days now rather than when you buy the game.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Oh man, I just purchased my computer parts! I'll have them probably middle of the week-> early week after next. So that'll be me and my girlfriend playing together - it's been quite a while since we've played an MMO together, I hope this game encourages 2+ player parties.

Kinitari said:
Oh man, I just purchased my computer parts! I'll have them probably middle of the week-> early week after next. So that'll be me and my girlfriend playing together - it's been quite a while since we've played an MMO together, I hope this game encourages 2+ player parties.
Yeah, a 2 player party is just fine - this isn't like FFXI where most of the game was designed for 4+ character parties, the storyline quests are generally aimed at soloing, and the Leves you can set their difficulties (which are ranked by suggested number of people in the party)

Zomba13

I was in the middle of crafting and my hammer just stopped, then I noticed the R0 =/
1300+ in queue now

Now to play the Castlevania PS3 demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom