• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
I thought I read that the Standard Edition comes with a Buddy Pass as well.

I will have to look that up. Sorry if I'm wrong.

Just check just incase.

CE edition: (buddy pass included)

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Pc/dp/B002I0JJ2U/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285611750&sr=8-2

Standard edition: (no buddy pass, only two ingame items)

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-Pc/dp/B002I0JJ2U/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285611750&sr=8-2

Order and receive an in-game bonus item, the Garlond Goggles. The code to unlock the helmet will be included in pack when the game ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
› See more product promotions

Anyone curious about class quest: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99138-Class-Quests

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol @ the mage SP thing. This is what's gonna happen when SE makes their SP gain mechanics so stupid and convoluted that people do experiments to figure out what the hell is going on and what kind of behavior to repeat in order to maximize their SP gain. If they made SP gain a fixed amount per mob like physical exp, this wouldn't have happened.

If you gain 10 levels in 2 days you should probably be careful, but that's not the case for anyone I know.

nataku

I think I'm gonna slow way down on leveling up non crafting jobs until I get to the point where I replace my starter gear and weapons. I got my ass handed to me on r10 one star levequests because I still have all the starter gear other than a body piece. I'll use my 8 levequests a day to maximize my gil income by doing levequest groups, so if anyone wants to do some r10 stuff, let me (Veplerion) know.

I work 3-11:30pm every day, so I won't be on until a little after midnight CST at the earliest. Hopefully not everyone will have their stuff done by then. :p

Salaadin

nataku said:
I think I'm gonna slow way down on leveling up non crafting jobs until I get to the point where I replace my starter gear and weapons. I got my ass handed to me on r10 one star levequests because I still have all the starter gear other than a body piece. I'll use my 8 levequests a day to maximize my gil income by doing levequest groups, so if anyone wants to do some r10 stuff, let me (Veplerion) know.

I work 3-11:30pm every day, so I won't be on until a little after midnight CST at the earliest. Hopefully not everyone will have their stuff done by then. :p

This is how I feel too. A week ago, MRD was my main and I was going to use my crafts to supplement it. Now, all I want to do is mine so I can get items to craft with so I can skill up the crafts to make the stuff I need. I dont even equip my axe unless I run into an unclaimed Coblyn so I can kill him and get the ore drops.

Rentahamster said:
If you guys want to level up and gain money, just come along on one of our GAF group leve parties.

You free around 7pm for one?

Speaking of the parties. Rewards are increased if you exchange say a 5 star leve that is completed. Are the rewards for those participating also increased or only the leve holder?

Salaadin said:
As long as we get to do 5 star dodos and we pull all of them at once >.>
:lol

Londa

Banned
I'm thinking of switching from Mar to Archer. I just hate that the defence for Archer is paper thin. However most games play Archer this way so I shouldn't complain. :p

edit

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
demosthenes said:
You free around 7pm for one?
Speaking of the parties. Rewards are increased if you exchange say a 5 star leve that is completed. Are the rewards for those participating also increased or only the leve holder?
I'm online, but will be AFK for the next 8 hours or so. It's bazaar time, baby.
Every participant gets more gil based on the difficulty, but that's about it.

The only way for leve-holders to get better base gil and guildmark rewards is to exchange in completed leves when accepting new ones.

Rentahamster said:
I'm online, but will be AFK for the next 8 hours or so. It's bazaar time, baby.
Every participant gets more gil based on the difficulty, but that's about it.

The only way for leve-holders to get better gil and guildmark rewards is to exchange in completed leves when accepting new ones.

Ah, ok.

So is the only way of gearing up by crafting? Can't find any gear or get stuff from levequest rewards?

Ive gotten a few pieces of gear as rewards but most of them have been just like fun items like a fishermans hat.

Feels like you craft about 9000x more then you actually fight in this game which is slightly aggravating. FFXI felt the other way around to me.

Salaadin

Rentahamster said:
Hey after I joined the group we were able to do that quest no problem at 5 stars!

Oooh look at me. Im Rentahamster and Im so strong!!!

We suck :(

LeMaximilian said:
Has SE mentioned anything regarding adding a search function for retainers/bazaars?
Its been mentioned but they havent directly said yes or no yet.

Pietepiet

Kiryogi's character Eithne in pixels:

Kiryogi.png
Kiryogi2.png

I figured by the outfit on the screens I had of you that you started as a Gladiator, but you had Pugilist weapons on in the screens. Whatever, I drew you as a Gladiator and you'll like it!

Full set:

QisTopTier.png
Sallokin.png
Kiryogi.png

Sloooowly working down the list :p

Cathcart

nataku said:
I think I'm gonna slow way down on leveling up non crafting jobs until I get to the point where I replace my starter gear and weapons. I got my ass handed to me on r10 one star levequests because I still have all the starter gear other than a body piece.

Dude I don't even have a shirt yet :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
So is the only way of gearing up by crafting? Can't find any gear or get stuff from levequest rewards?

Right now it almost is. FFXIV is very much the wild west atm. If you were starting the game in a few months I think it would be a different story. By then you will probably just be able to go fight stuff and earn money on leves and spend it on gear as you level. But right now that gear just doesn't exist, or at least not in sufficient quantity.

It's actually really interesting, I kinda like seeing things in this state and I'm looking forward to what it will be like in six months or so when the PS3 players roll in to town.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Salaadin said:
Oooh look at me. Im Rentahamster and Im so strong!!!

We suck :(
Hahaha :D

It was actually due to the CON I brought who gave everyone protect, shell, stoneskin, and shockspikes. It makes a pretty big difference.

Pietepiet said:
Kiryogi's character Eithne in pixels:

Kiryogi.png
Kiryogi2.png

I figured by the outfit on the screens I had of you that you started as a Gladiator, but you had Pugilist weapons on in the screens. Whatever, I drew you as a Gladiator and you'll like it!

Full set:

QisTopTier.png
Sallokin.png
Kiryogi.png

Sloooowly working down the list :p

You are a god.

Can I supply you with a screenshot of my character after I get off work? If you can't get around to making the 10 million requests you get then don't worry about it, but it'd be awesome if you could make one for me. :D

Pietepiet

HappyBivouac said:
You are a god.

Can I supply you with a screenshot of my character after I get off work? If you can't get around to making the 10 million requests you get then don't worry about it, but it'd be awesome if you could make one for me. :D

Feel free to. Can't tell you when I will get around to yours though. Still a bunch on the list before you, haha.

And thanks :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Will find out today how long it will take to get my PC up and running. Valuable FFXIV time being wasted :( So much for that free 30 days.

Salaadin

Awesome work Pietpiet. Id PM you a pic but my character looks so dumb. A harness with cotton pants? It looks like a just finished a bondage act and threw on some sweatpants because I was to lazy to change.

Teknoman

:lol I can see a classic battle screen showing up after at least 6 sprites are done.

Is that a beastman in that screenshot at Blue Gartr?

Londa

Banned
I just got this message in yahoo:

Dear Customer,

Please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at 310-321-0846 or log into our live webchat service Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 6:00 PM to discuss an issue with your FINAL FANTASY XIV Service account.

Thanks,
The SQUARE ENIX Support Center

Urg, not really feeling this. I'm finally progressing on my new account. siiigh they took too long. :(

Why do I have to contact them when they hung up on me twice? One from chat and once from phone.

What's the consensus on when a server is unavailable for character creation? Try again every 10-20 minutes, wait for a time with less people currently online, or what? Me and two friends are on one server, but the third friend can't get on (Cornelia). Ironically, she *can* get on Lindblum :)

I'm definetely going to be surprised if SE doesn't force me to buy the retail version once the trial ends. That's how it usually works - play the trial, buy the retail version, subscribe.

If I can continue with just a subscribtion, somebody saved me 39-49€. Thanks, somebody!

Canti

I'm really finding it hard to price my items up for sale. No idea if I'm over or under pricing things right now as I've just started selling. Can't see any reasonable way around it other than to check tens of people to find a few selling similar items to get a ballpark estimate.

Check out a few sites recommended by people in the LS but they weren't much help. How does everyone else go about it?

Londa

Banned
Well, I just finished the chat session. The man said my account situation has escalated and that he wants my phone number and will call me on phone when he has figured out the issue.

followup by Londaluu, on Flickr

Kronotech

How early can you start the R10 Leves? My PGL is R7 and I'm ok grinding on random mobs but I'd rather do a couple more leves to get the rewards. Maybe re-try the starting R1 leves at a higher difficulty?

Right now, even 5-star difficulties aren't that hard for the rank 1 leves. Rank 10, though, is a big jump - me and my friends as a 3-person party, find 2-star Rank 10 leves fun and challenging, the first time in the game we actually have to play our parts as puller/damage dealer, tank, healer/damage dealer.

Rentahamster said:
If you guys want to level up and gain money, just come along on one of our GAF group leve parties.

Seriously. I have more gold than I know what to do with, and I'm phys 18 archer 14 and I think I grinded out level 12 to 13 only just because I was in a hurry to do rank 20 leves. I haven't grinded at all otherwise. Everyone complains about how broken the SP system is but amazingly enough if you just play the game the way SE intends for you to, somehow it all works out. I hate how random the SP gain seems to be, but realistically I do think it is "working as intended" and over the long run (which is all SE cares about) the SP gain is pretty even and level line or curve.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Anyone in Gridania can help me? I'm a warrior with money and no way to replace my gear! All they have around here are bows, lances and some leather. Does anyone know where I can upgrade my stuff? I'm lvl. 10.

Also, I've done all the quests available to me, so I don't know what to do to get more. Just... wait for them?

zlatko

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

Ive gotten a few pieces of gear as rewards but most of them have been just like fun items like a fishermans hat.

Feels like you craft about 9000x more then you actually fight in this game which is slightly aggravating. FFXI felt the other way around to me.

This is my biggest complaint with the game right now and why I'm not pouring hours into it non stop. I seem to just log on to craft and without a proper auction house I don't have a choice.

In beta the leve quest rewards gave decent items from many level 10 and 20 battleleves---gathering leves too. Now it's junk ass crystals? Come the hell on. :/

I'm hoping with my minimal play early on that when I want to put more hours into it that either AH will be there at last, or the crazies will have leveled up tons of crafts so I can just buy what I need from them at fair prices.

Ravidrath

I felt the same way, but then I started getting into the crafting... it's a giant monster of a system, with all the craft linkages, but I'm really enjoying it so far, and getting a ton of physical levels to boot.

That said, it will be nice if/when there is a more centralized way to use the economy so I don't need to make every single component myself.

jiggle

making all components wouldn't be so bad if we get more inventory space
having to carry 2 weapons for 6 crafts as well as keeping all their respective ingredients for future use sucks

must be their way of forcing ppl to pay fore retainers :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom