• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salaadin said:
What city are you in? I logged in Limsa last night but will be making a run from Limsa to Gridania later on tonight (maybe 8 or 9:00pm est) and in doing so, Ill be at all 3 cities. I can look you up then.

EDIT: Saw your post. Ill look you up tonight. Ill be online around 6:00pm est

I have to go to work now, I live in the UK so that's why it's difficult to organise. I'll be home about 9 hours from now :/

kiryogi

Banned
Coldsnap said:
Anyone in LL that could give me a pearl?

Coldsnap currently in Limsa and about to log in. Give me a tell.

Careksims: That is so awesome. Although I don't know how I feel about Six's pose is and I'm in front of him like that XD :lol

hgplayer1

Teknoman said:
360 controller here. I'm just used to the d-pad targeting from using the pad with XI, so wasnt that big of a switch for me.

yeah I really dont understand what the big deal is with the 360s dpad for this game. Maybe its because we have been using it for XI for so long but I use it in XIV for menu and taget selection and it works like its supposed to.

I think I saw someone in linkshell chat say it was registering diagonals but how would you even know this? If its the response lag I think thats the game more than anything.

DrDogg

hgplayer1 said:
yeah I really dont understand what the big deal is with the 360s dpad for this game. Maybe its because we have been using it for XI for so long but I use it in XIV for menu and taget selection and it works like its supposed to.

I think I saw someone in linkshell chat say it was registering diagonals but how would you even know this? If its the response lag I think thats the game more than anything.

The 360 d-pad is terrible for anything. I'm also used to it from playing FFXI with it for so long, but it's still a terrible, terrible d-pad. I'd be using a Dual Shock 3 if I wasn't lazy in setting it up or didn't want to worry about charging it.

careksims said:
I'm having such a great time because of the GaF crew. I been in MMOs before and I couldn't get into the whole guild thing. This time around, you guys are making it great. I whipped this quick. I wasn't going for accuracy here. :D I wish I could put everyone in there.

Stars-of-Destiny1.jpg

Is that me with the sparkles? :lol

You're a very talented artist, btw.

Ah, so there's a new patch... Let's see how long it takes for the official patcher to finish the download. Time to browse GAF in the meantime!

I haven't done much crafting, but I did start Carpenter, and doing craft-based Leves is actually quite fun.

Coldsnap

kiryogi said:
Coldsnap currently in Limsa and about to log in. Give me a tell.

Careksims: That is so awesome. Although I don't know how I feel about Six's pose is and I'm in front of him like that XD :lol

What is your name, mines King Rat if it's easier for you. Im running around in LL exploring

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I hooked my dualshock 3 into my PC. Suddenly the interface makes sense and the game is A LOT easier to control :D

Pietepiet

careksims said:
I'm having such a great time because of the GaF crew. I been in MMOs before and I couldn't get into the whole guild thing. This time around, you guys are making it great. I whipped this quick. I wasn't going for accuracy here. :D I wish I could put everyone in there.

Stars-of-Destiny1.jpg

Yes yes yessssssss!~

Ravidrath

Did anyone notice that the update today went really quickly?

I've never had anything but problems with the official updater, but today I got 400-500k/s right away.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ravidrath said:
Did anyone notice that the update today went really quickly?

I've never had anything but problems with the official updater, but today I got 400-500k/s right away.

Mine was around 70-100k, when it was moving.

The update went quickly, but now I got an error message ( server crashed on me ), and I can't get back on. :/

The curse of the Dhalmel, I should say... I mentioned it in chat, and poof, there I was with an error-message. Damn you, Dhalmels!

Coldsnap

They still need to fix the equipment graph, FFXI's was way simple

oh great I just ran into someone who stole a Kraken Club on Bismarck

hgplayer1

DrDogg said:
The 360 d-pad is terrible for anything. I'm also used to it from playing FFXI with it for so long, but it's still a terrible, terrible d-pad. I'd be using a Dual Shock 3 if I wasn't lazy in setting it up or didn't want to worry about charging it.

lol I still dont see whats terrible about it. Does it make your thumb hurt?

Press up and it goes up, down and it goes down. Are you pressing a direction and nothing is happenning?

Ive never once been playing a game with the pad and stopped to think to myself that it was that bad. Now if we are talking diagonals I would agree its shitty.

Teknoman

jiggle said:
do we know exactly what these do yet?

Craftsmanship
Mag. Craftsmanship
Control
Output

I'm guessing output has something to do with the chance of outputting multiple items? Say making 20 Chakrams at once?

Azrael

jiggle said:
do we know exactly what these do yet?

Craftsmanship
Mag. Craftsmanship
Control
Output

Output is a gathering stat, not a crafting one. I suspect it affects how much stamina you lose during the hot and cold game.

Ravidrath

I believe Control is probably a Gathering stat as well... likely used to constrain how much "damage" you do per hit, and making it less random so you get more strikes on average.

I'm not sure what the difference between Craftsmanship and M. Craftsmanship could possibly be, though... all crafting seems magical to me, but maybe there's a different aspect coming down the line it'll apply to? Like charged items?

Raoh

careksims said:

Stars-of-Destiny1.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

it was like that for me while i was leveling my pugilist.. i swear there were about 5 people in my little area not including the people passing by all after some damn beatles..

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Let me in

Is there a strategy to SP gains? I get XP all over the place, but then there are enemies that give XP and no SP whatsoever, even on leves. And I don't mind grinding either, but what should I be killing?

I'm not sure when you're usually on pancakesandsex, but if you are able to make it on sometime around 8pm Pacific just briefly sometime tomorrow, I would be able to get sacked before the huge onrush of players begins on Thursday. I would greatly appreciate this.

Subxero

I'm in Gridania and still looking for a LS invite. Let me know if there is a specific time I need to hop on.

I'm hoping there is a large patch Thursday with more content, but I'm not expecting it.

Kandinsky

Anyone else expecting a total mob placement change (and by change i mean more than 3 rats per zone) when the real launch happens? :OOO

Effect

The opening post list Ram as the reason why the PS3 version is pushed back until March. Has it been said exactly what they are doing to get the PS3 working correctly? How exactly do you overcome a Ram issue outside adding more to a system? Does the game need to be completely redone?

This brings up another question. Will you need a different account for each version or can you use the same for both in the end? Has SE said?

Teknoman

Kandinsky said:
Anyone else expecting a total mob placement change (and by change i mean more than 3 rats per zone) when the real launch happens? :OOO

Count me in. Also better be a standard launch day patch.

Jinko

Kandinsky said:

Can't help but think nothing will change.. I guess we will see :lol

asdad123

So i bit the bullet. $50 shipped for a collectors edition on ebay (got lucky I guess)

Anyone playing this on a laptop? Wondering how it will fair on my machine.

i5 450 2.4GHz turbo 2.66
1gb ATI 5650
4gb ram

hgplayer1

Effect said:
The opening post list Ram as the reason why the PS3 version is pushed back until March. Has it been said exactly what they are doing to get the PS3 working correctly? How exactly do you overcome a Ram issue outside adding more to a system? Does the game need to be completely redone?

This brings up another question. Will you need a different account for each version or can you use the same for both in the end? Has SE said?

one account.

you would just have to register the registration code for the PS3 version on your account.

of course you will only be able to play on one or the other at any given time no matter how many characters are on the account.

if you wanted to dual box you would probably need another account.

Firehead

asdad123 said:
So i bit the bullet. $50 shipped for a collectors edition on ebay (got lucky I guess)

Anyone playing this on a laptop? Wondering how it will fair on my machine.

i5 450 2.4GHz turbo 2.66
1gb ATI 5650
4gb ram
On medium to low settings with shadows turned off, it should run alright. And I hope the keys haven't been used :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom