• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
comedian said:
This is ridiculous, Square Enix's registration system is the most un user friendly I've ever encountered.

I have my square enix ID, I have gone through the Select Service process and I still can't play the game.

(Here is my Square enixa ccoutn management page: http://i.imgur.com/xFNiK.jpg)

When i try to log in, i'm confronted with the message "

Please make any changes regarding service accounts or options from the Square Enix Account Management System.

・Adding or cancelling service accounts
・Adding or cancelling automatically continuous options
・Code Registration
"

Can anyone inform me what i still need to do?

Add 1500 crysta to your account, register your code that came with the game, and I think that'll cover it.

gsarjeant

comedian said:
This is ridiculous, Square Enix's registration system is the most un user friendly I've ever encountered.

I have my square enix ID, I have gone through the Select Service process and I still can't play the game.

(Here is my Square enixa ccoutn management page: http://i.imgur.com/xFNiK.jpg)

When i try to log in, i'm confronted with the message "

Please make any changes regarding service accounts or options from the Square Enix Account Management System.

・Adding or cancelling service accounts
・Adding or cancelling automatically continuous options
・Code Registration
"

Can anyone inform me what i still need to do?

You probably need to add an "automatically continuous option" to your FFXIV service account.

Automatically continuous option == character

zlatko said:
Yeah there's plenty of other things I didn't mention that will keep sucking the fun this game could be.

I mean it makes NO sense that the SAME team behind its previous MMO took its own systems and made them worse/forgot them. Easiest example is the search fuction or linkshells. Is there even a sort items function?

I hate that the press is not a former XI player when they interview the lead developers for this game. Put them in a room with 10 Gaffers who played XI to endgame, and have done XIV in beta form and now in release. I guarantee they would spend half the time apologizing to us, sweating bullets, dodging questions, or would end the interview quickly to dismiss our existence.

I also feel way too many people are hopeful that this game will be the game we wanted it to be by March at PS3 release. I honestly think this game will be the crap fest it is now for a solid year, and then the bull crap will be ironed out from there on out.

I've paid for 2 months with crysta and my free month with the game, so I'll ride it out to get my moneys worth, but I have my expectations for this game set at a rock bottom low. When I started XI back on its release, I couldn't WAIT to get home from school/hanging out with friends to play more. Now that everyday excitement is 3 days apart and lasts for a few hours with doing leves, before I feel like I'm trudging through the world in molasses.

Whenever the first big title update happens is when we can really see how SquareEnix plans to approach the community outcries for our wants. That's next month sometime right ?

::Shrugs::

I dunno, I'm having fun. I know there are plenty of bugs and some aspects are still missing completely, but I'm still enjoying the game a lot, especially with Stars of Destiny. Usually, I'm not as optimistic about these things, but I know SE will fix a lot of the problems.

It's beyobd obvious that this game was pushed out of the door early (happens to a lot of mmorpgs unfortunately), but at least SE actually has the funding and workforce to address a lot of these problems.

Now, game design on the other hand is arguable. I don't mind the anima regen limit, because really, the walking is not nearly as bad as ffxi. However, I do think the death penalty is a bit too easy. BUT!!, you do lose exp points if you die while doing a leve and you return to the crystal before the leve is finished, so there is SOME kind of punishment for death.

IMO, the 2 things that need to be changed with priority are the market ward system and the bug that prevents me from seeing my teams HP/MP.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying FFXIV a lot!

datamage

Kintaro said:
You guys aren't thinking it through very well. With no Chocobos, anima is the key piece of travel right now. Say your LS mates are partying in Ul'dah and you're in Limsa. Why are you in Limsa, your Blacksmithing guild is there. So, someone has to spend 6 anime to pick you up or you have to spend it to get to them...then you need to spend it to get back. Or waste 20-30 minutes in travel time. What happened when everyone in your party is out of anima? What about since there is no MAIL SYSTEM in the game, you have to use anima to teleport to a LS mate (or vice versa) in order to pick up key crafting mats to make equipment for them or yourself or for skill?

I could go on and on. Because key points of the game are broken/not included, anima is by far the most important thing in the game right now. The regen rate right now is 1 point per 4 hours. That's 6 points per day. That's ONE TELEPORT.

I can see that being a problem, I don't disagree. I just think they should add alternative methods of traveling, rather than just upping the anima rate. I know it's the only method right now, but it shouldn't be. I guess that in itself, is a whole 'nother thing.

Oh right, I completely forgot the lack of a mail system,... sigh.

I've been pretty tired of reading all the negative stuff on this game, and admittedly, it has its fair share of problems. Both major and minor. Despite that, I'm really enjoying it, and hopefully, Square doesn't sit on these problems for too long.

comedian

I just bought 1000 crystalli, still getting the same error message.

I've registered the code that came up with the game, and according to the account management it's supposed to be active, since it's written that after 30 days i'll be billed.

gsarjeant

comedian said:

I've registered the code that came up with the game, and according to the account management it's supposed to be active, since it's written that after 30 days i'll be billed.

Oh, I missed the page link. Which edition of the game do you have?

Salaadin

mcdomination said:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm enjoying FFXIV a lot!

A lot of the us in this thread complaining (myself included) still log on every night and make the most out of it and have fun doing so. Its really a love/hate relationship.

comedian said:

Just a guess but is there maybe a holdup with the credit card company? A lot of us here received phone calls last week to verify the transactions. I got one when I paid paypal and another when I directly used my card thru Click and Buy.

gsarjeant

Salaadin said:
Just a guess but is there maybe a holdup with the credit card company? A lot of us here received phone calls last week to verify the transactions. I got one when I paid paypal and another when I directly used my card thru Click and Buy.

Yeah, this sounds like it. For what it's worth, I still get that message about changing service accounts as well, but there's also a big red "Play" button above it. So that message never goes away.

DrDogg

The game in its current state is not good. The only reason I'm playing is because I will have a TON of free time as soon as I'm done with my current work project (within the next day or two), and I want to be prepared for when it gets good.

SE has invested too much and saw too much success (MONEY!) with FFXI to give up on FFXIV before it gets good. I missed the first few years of FFXI, and now I want to be that guy in 5 years who has the Maat's cap, two relic weapons and a billion gil. :lol Although for the time being I'd be content just having lots of crafts at a high level so I can make 80% of the items people want/need.

Salaadin said:
Points seem to be directly related to the camp theyre nearby. Im using mining as an example but Im assuming the other DoL jobs are the same.

*snip*

Thanks for this. I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow when I get back online. I need some dye so I can make colored gear. :D

Dreamwriter said:
But also, some people are talking as if they need to be spending tons of anima each day teleporting. But, do you realize that if you are in a party, only one person must spend anima to teleport the entire party? That means in a party of 4, it only costs you 1 teleport's-worth of anima for 4 teleports. Square obviously designed teleporting as yet another method to encourage grouping.

I agree 100% about the FFXI stuff. I have no desire to explore in this game because it feels like I can go anywhere, and if I die I only lose the time it took to get from the camp I returned to, back to where I was when I died (usually less than 5 min).

However, in the beta (haven't tested in retail), it cost more anima to teleport a party than it did to teleport just myself. Not sure if that was carried over to retail, but it was definitely a higher cost.

DrDogg said:
The game in its current state is not good. The only reason I'm playing is because I will have a TON of free time as soon as I'm done with my current work project (within the next day or two), and I want to be prepared for when it gets good.

SE has invested too much and saw too much success (MONEY!) with FFXI to give up on FFXIV before it gets good. I missed the first few years of FFXI, and now I want to be that guy in 5 years who has the Maat's cap, two relic weapons and a billion gil. :lol Although for the time being I'd be content just having lots of crafts at a high level so I can make 80% of the items people want/need.

Thanks for this. I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow when I get back online. I need some dye so I can make colored gear. :D

I agree 100% about the FFXI stuff. I have no desire to explore in this game because it feels like I can go anywhere, and if I die I only lose the time it took to get from the camp I returned to, back to where I was when I died (usually less than 5 min).

However, in the beta (haven't tested in retail), it cost more anima to teleport a party than it did to teleport just myself. Not sure if that was carried over to retail, but it was definitely a higher cost.

Don't think it was a higher cost for me and I teled 3+ people...4 times in about 4 hours.

DrDogg

BTW... does it tell you when someone is browsing your bazaar? I'm testing the waters at one of the Gridania camps to see if it's better to use my retainer or just idle. People are looking at me, but I get no message about browsing my bazaar.

If I have anything to complain about it's definitely the lack of an AH. I'm at the point now where I need to make gear to skill up, but I'd much rather sell that gear to players who need it rather than NPC it.

Zomba13

Tonight on GM watch, Zomba gets up close and personal with a rare specimen!
FFXIV_1285782623.jpg

FFXIV_1285782632.jpg

zlatko said:
Add 1500 crysta to your account, register your code that came with the game, and I think that'll cover it.
You don't need to add any Crysta to your account at all. I haven't added any Crysta, I just told it that I would pay with Crysta at 90-day intervals, and it was happy with that. I'll of course need to add some before the 30 day trial is up...

Munba said:
New FAQ in the Lodestone site:

Anima regeneration is fine. It's just that suddenly people are like "oooh I can teleport? I'm gonna do it every 5 fucking minutes!! oh no waaah I'm out of anima!" I've seen so many people do this and then complain.

Salaadin

demosthenes said:
Don't think it was a higher cost for me and I teled 3+ people...4 times in about 4 hours.
I dont think it is either.

DrDogg said:
BTW... does it tell you when someone is browsing your bazaar? I'm testing the waters at one of the Gridania camps to see if it's better to use my retainer or just idle. People are looking at me, but I get no message about browsing my bazaar.

If I have anything to complain about it's definitely the lack of an AH. I'm at the point now where I need to make gear to skill up, but I'd much rather sell that gear to players who need it rather than NPC it.

I dont think it tells you when someone looks at your bazaar or checks you or anything of the sort. I guess to combat the whole "Stop looking at me" paranoia from FFXI that I still dont understand.

They should at least pop up a bazaar message. Too many times do I check a bazaar only to have them run out of range and I have to chase them down. Pain in the ass.

Teknoman

The planned ward names are as follows:

Limsa Lominsa Item Categories with Reduced Tax
Battlecraft Ward Pugilist's Arms / Gladiator's Arms / Marauder's Arms / Lancer's Arms / Archer's Arms / Shields / Arrows / Throwing Stones / Throwing Spears / Throwing Circles / Throwing Axes

Fieldcraft Ward Thaumaturge's Arms / Two-Handed Thaumaturge's Arms / Conjurer's Arms / Two-Handed Conjurer's Arms
Fieldcraft Ward Fisher's Primary Tools / Fisher's Secondary Tools / Miner's Primary Tools / Miner's Secondary Tools / Botanist's Primary Tools / Botanist's Secondary Tools / Bait / Lures

Tradescraft Ward Goldsmith's Primary Tools / Goldsmith's Secondary Tools / Culinarian's Primary Tools / Culinarian's Secondary Tools / Carpenter's Primary Tools / Carpenter's Secondary Tools / Blacksmith's Primary Tools / Blacksmith's Secondary Tools / Armorer's Primary Tools / Armorer's Secondary Tools / Leatherworker's Primary Tools / Leatherworker's Secondary Tools / Alchemist's Primary Tools / Alchemist's Secondary Tools / Weaver's Primary Tools / Weaver's Secondary Tools / Crystals
Drinks Meat Dishes / Egg Dishes / Grain Dishes / Vegetable Dishes / Sweets / Drinks / Seafood Dishes
Grocers Ward Eggs / Dairy Products / Vegetables / Vegetables / Vegetables / Grains / Spices / Fruits / Mushrooms / Seasonings / Foodstuffs / Freshwater Fare / Saltwater Fare / Meats

Hunters Ward Corals & Shells / Teeth & Claws / Wings / Bones / Beastcoins / Feathers

Chirurgeons Ward Potions / Remedies / Ethers / Toxins / Panaceas / Curatives / Reagents / Dyes / Paints / Oils
Ironmongers Ward Unrefined Metals / Metal Sheets / Metal Wires / Metals / Clasps / Chainmail Meshes / Armor Metals

Woodcutters Ward Raw Wood / Lumber / Planks

Tanners Ward Hides / Leathers / Furs / Armor Hides / Armor Leathers / Footwear Parts

Masons Ward Ores / Stones / Gemstones

Tailors Ward Fibers / Cloth / Hooded Attire Cloth / Cloth Bodies / Smallclothes Cloth / Cloth Sleeves / Front Cloth / Back Cloth / Armor Cloth

Tinkerers Ward
Weapon Heads / Weapon Parts / Weapon Butts / Weapon Grips / Fletchings / Shafts / Arrowheads / Hooks / Armor Parts / Sundries

Clothiers Ward Undershirts / Full Plate / War Garb / Attire / Hooded Attire

Jewellers Ward Necklaces / Earrings / Bracelets / Rings / Belts / Sashes

Hatters Ward Helms / Hats / Covers / Crowns / Masks / Eyewear

Glovers Ward Gauntlets / Gloves / Armbands

Legfitters Ward Undergarments / Pants

Cobblers Ward Greaves / Shoes / Sandals

* Market area names in all cities are subject to change.

We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Also, we are now taking steps to increase the number of retainers that a character is able to simultaneously employ.

Torquill

The walk from Freeport to Qeynos in early EQ at a low level was still the most epic adventure ever. Saddens me that no one has beaten it yet. Some of the trips to far corners of FFXI come close. Most of those to get flagged fir teleports. It's a system that works well. 1st trip is an adventure. Subseqent trips aren't they just tedious but you have port now.

Xiv just lacks wild corners yet. Everything is right by s city. Well see what they do with the higher level areas.

For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Why are you looking into these options? Just implement them dammit.

Salaadin

Teknoman said:
For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Shouldve been a given from the get go but at least its acknowledge again. The sooner, the better.

Let me in

Teknoman said:
Ward Names
That should help. I'm still imagining something like EVE's regional market system, i.e. avg price, highest price, how many are available, search by item, search by region. Give me a clear picture of what's out there and what it's worth.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
demosthenes said:
Did you sell your old one?? Can I has (read: buy)?

By the way, looking to group tonight anytime after 5:30ish w/ my 8 leves if anyone is up for it!
If you can repair it, you can have it for free.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Bii said:
How the hell do you have that much gil to begin with?
You didn't play with me much during beta, huh? :D

I made a post about it a few pages back. Just join with the gaf group for mass leves.

Buy items that are priced low, and resell them for higher.

Gather or farm in-demand items and sell them in your bazaar overnight.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
HappyBivouac said:
Anima regeneration is fine. It's just that suddenly people are like "oooh I can teleport? I'm gonna do it every 5 fucking minutes!! oh no waaah I'm out of anima!" I've seen so many people do this and then complain.

Someone else who doesn't think things through...

SE is attempting to promote casual play by making it easier to do things. However, they are failing to implement even the most basic things. Until things such as mail system, AH, chocobos and more are incorporated, anima travel is the best way to accomplish doing leves with friends and trading crafting mats. Right now, it's completely out of whack.

careksims

Kintaro said:

SE is attempting to promote casual play by making it easier to do things. However, they are failing to implement even the most basic things. Until things such as mail system, AH, chocobos and more are incorporated, anima travel is the best way to accomplish doing leves with friends and trading crafting mats. Right now, it's completely out of whack.

Totally agree with all you said. No mailing system in any MMO is a CRIME!

Rentahamster said:
If you can repair it, you can have it for free.

You had the Bronze Labrys right? I am above the level to synth it and I heard the chance of failure on repairs is really low so I'll def give it a shot!

If you fail a repair do you lose the item?

Talk to you tonight in game! I'll be on in like 2 hours! :D

Sallokin

Argh, I need to bail out of this thread. Finals this week and next week are not allowing for any free time =(

Stupid SE reminder at the beginning to not forget my school isn't helping either.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
demosthenes said:
You had the Bronze Labrys right? I am above the level to synth it and I heard the chance of failure on repairs is really low so I'll def give it a shot!

If you fail a repair do you lose the item?

Talk to you tonight in game! I'll be on in like 2 hours! :D
2 hours? Oh, I probably won't be on then. Small chance I could catch you, but I dunno.

You need two bronze nuggets to repair. Failure just means you lose the repair mats, not the weapon.

KaYotiX

Banned
Seriously thinking of re-rolling on the Gaf server.....if they re-open it I'm gonna jump in with you guys. My friends hardly play on Fabul and I want to beable to party up and do stuff.

Who is on the most that could get me in the LS in Gradinia when I do make a char there?

Salaadin

KaYotiX said:
Seriously thinking of re-rolling on the Gaf server.....if they re-open it I'm gonna jump in with you guys. My friends hardly play on Fabul and I want to beable to party up and do stuff.

Who is on the most that could get me in the LS in Gradinia when I do make a char there?

Im around Gridania a lot. Tonight, Ill be travelling but I can always warp out to you.

Lindblum was up for selection last night. My sisters friend got on then.

Zomba13

My friend got onto lindblum easily. He doesnt seem to want to join the gaf shell though, he's remaking his ffxi shell which had like 6 members.

Doodlebug said:
Ah, so they included that in XIV. I always liked that message.

I always wondered what SE thought of ppl like Minidragon on Bismarck who had 7 fully upgraded relics, especially when they banned him :lol

Londa

Banned
TBH that system will make it harder for people just want to sell stuff from leves and killing at random. You get so much crap from all over the place. There is no where to sell everything all at once. You have to make sure each drop falls in that category and if it doesn't you can't sell it there because of the tax...

Rengoku

I'm still trying to get a pearl, lol, but I haven't been able to get online much lately. I should be on later today around 6pm est. Hopefully I can try contact one of you guys for a LS pearl.

KaYotiX

Banned
Salaadin said:
Im around Gridania a lot. Tonight, Ill be travelling but I can always warp out to you.

Lindblum was up for selection last night. My sisters friend got on then.

Yeah i just made my char on Lind now, ill try and hit you up later. Name is Kymera Bloodbane, what is yours so i can msg ya in game? :D

Gonna suck having to re-roll but i went with a whole new class and race so it will feel new LOL! I was only a rank 8 Marauder and 9 armorsmith so i can get back to that pretty quick since now i know what im doing :)

Kintaro said:

That stuff is coming. I've been able to manage without teleporting all the time. But I very much play MMOs with a stop and smell the flowers mentality. No need to rush everything. Take it all in.

Anyway, I understand where you're coming from, and I know this is hard with the sense of entitlement people get as soon as they pay for a product (not entirely unwarranted, but that's what it is), but just try to be patient. The game isn't up to its full potential right now but it won't take long before all the core stuff is there.

Salaadin

KaYotiX said:
Yeah i just made my char on Lind now, ill try and hit you up later. Name is Kymera Bloodbane, what is yours so i can msg ya in game? :D

Gonna suck having to re-roll but i went with a whole new class and race so it will feel new LOL! I was only a rank 8 Marauder and 9 armorsmith so i can get back to that pretty quick since now i know what im doing :)

Ill be on around 7:00est tonight. Im actually logged right in Gridania. If youre around then, Ill hook you up. Name is Salaadin Voivode.

Dont forget to get your name on the spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...HRVd0otT1RiMldHeEN5S1E&hl=en&authkey=CMitxeUO

And register on the Linkshell homepage:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...&usd=2&usg=ALhdy28eYl2l7iLL6i0P3UmK0F_u9uEzGw

Kintaro

careksims said:
Totally agree with all you said. No mailing system in any MMO is a CRIME!

For all the problems, FFXIV is like this avatar.

23uzoy905sd.gif

It shakes what it momma gave it very well and there's enough there to keep you playing. However, she drives you nucking futs because she's missing basic elements that others have plenty of. But...when she shakes, you just can't stop.

The potential is there, but with SE's track record, time is not on our side. Or theirs. Because there will quickly be other breast shaking MMOs out there that do not lack basic, fundamental things that should be required in the year 2010. Let alone 2005.

notworksafe

Londa said:
TBH that system will make it harder for people just want to sell stuff from leves and killing at random. You get so much crap from all over the place. There is no where to sell everything all at once. You have to make sure each drop falls in that category and if it doesn't you can't sell it there because of the tax...
All the more reason to buy more retainers! That'll be $1 a month per, please!

Kintaro

notworksafe said:
All the more reason to buy more retainers! That'll be $1 a month per, please!

Speaking of retainers. Here is another fucked up thing. After servers go down, you have to set them back up all over again. Say you get a retainer for each city, off you go to each city in order to set them back up again.

Of course, people are just bazaaring themselves in high traffic areas because the retainer system is shit so...it won't matter. :lol

Speaking of Chocobos...

GW: When can we ride the chocobos?

DK: You’ll have to wait a little longer. It’s easy enough to make them ridable, but we already have teleportation available from the get-go. Compared to that, a chocobo isn’t very convenient. Therefore, we want to add something more to them, so we’ll probably time it to coincide with other new content (*perhaps as a way of accessing it?).

From a Gamewatch interview. Chocobos aren't coming any time soon. =/

Salaadin

Kintaro said:
For all the problems, FFXIV is like this avatar.

23uzoy905sd.gif

It shakes what it momma gave it very well and there's enough there to keep you playing. However, she drives you nucking futs because she's missing basic elements that others have plenty of. But...when she shakes, you just can't stop.

The potential is there, but with SE's track record, time is not on our side. Or theirs. Because there will quickly be other breast shaking MMOs out there that do not lack basic, fundamental things that should be required in the year 2010. Let alone 2005.

Id give up FFXIV in a second if I could have Veronica Belmont. And Im sure she would do the same for me!
yeah right :(

Seriously, I agree. I cant stop playing it but when Im not, I cant seem to get away from complaining. But even with my bitching, I think about it a ton. I already have my night planned out in game :D

Effect

Torquill said:
The walk from Freeport to Qeynos in early EQ at a low level was still the most epic adventure ever. Saddens me that no one has beaten it yet. Some of the trips to far corners of FFXI come close. Most of those to get flagged fir teleports. It's a system that works well. 1st trip is an adventure. Subseqent trips aren't they just tedious but you have port now.

Xiv just lacks wild corners yet. Everything is right by s city. Well see what they do with the higher level areas.

That run was fun, scary, and painful at times at the low level. Really wasn't worth it at times too. Going through the Karanas was crazy. I remember trying to follow the water across and hoping to make it the spires hoping someone could port me or at least toss a heal. Trying to make it through High Hold Pass I believe. Then there was the one forest area near Misty Thicket where it was pretty much instant death if you traveled through it at night even in the mid levels I think. If you made it that far you still could get taken out in East Commonlands or Freeport itself if you weren't careful. I both miss it and hate that run.

The run from the Hume city in FFXI to Juno reminded me of that run. Though that was harder since the interface and control of the character felt limiting. Also creatures didn't seem to stop chasing you in FFXI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom