• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

kiryogi said:
Lindblum

Also super great job today guys. That was awesome teamwork on the crabs leve :D

Yup, that crab fight was amazing! When them 3 crabs spawned everyone just jumped into action. So much fun. :D

Teknoman

Sorry about being trigger happy last night guys, I tend to get that way when it's really late at night. Had no idea it was like 3 something am when we ere fighting :lol

jiggle

WonkyPanda said:
Me and a few others ran a leve and I barely got a half bar of conj experience.

1 leve is not gonna get u much
and doing it in group will get u even less
and doing it in a group as a conj will get u even lesser than less

solo leves
u get 8 every 36 hours

first 8 leves will bump you to rank 7-8
at this point you can graduate onto lv10 leves
the next set ought to bump u to rank10

Kyoufu said:
It is a bug when during a fight you gain something like 200 skill points but at the end receive either 0 or 15 at the most. It doesn't add up. If S-E doesn't fix this soon there will be casualties!
I don't get it - how is that a bug? You gain your 200 skill points, and then at the end you only gain 0 or 15 additional skill points - who cares, you got your 200.

Teknoman

Did you guys read about that path companion thing? Its like they're trying to turn the main story quest into...something similar to FFXII. Wonder if you eventually get a whole npc party :lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teknoman said:
Sorry about being trigger happy last night guys, I tend to get that way when it's really late at night. Had no idea it was like 3 something am when we ere fighting :lol
Nah dude, it's all good. We all had a great time.

Teknoman said:
Did you guys read about that path companion thing? Its like they're trying to turn the main story quest into...something similar to FFXII. Wonder if you eventually get a whole npc party :lol
I loved XII and had a lot more fun with it compared to XIV so far, so I can't complain.

Kronotech

What are you guys doing to gather materials for the item you're crafting? After doing leves and learning a recipe or two, I'd like to start crafting equipment but I have no idea where to find the items needed. Just search Bazaar's and Retainers? I'm at work so can't check the lodestone but can you look up drop location for items?

Also, I never knew there was an equipment limit. I bought and tried to equip an earring but the system told me I had reached my limit. Does this "limit" increase as rank increases?

Overall, this game is beautiful and fun. Once they add a search for items within retainers/bazaars, the economy should settle. Right now, I never know if I'm overpaying for equipment or not :/

Teknoman

Kronotech said:
What are you guys doing to gather materials for the item you're crafting? After doing leves and learning a recipe or two, I'd like to start crafting equipment but I have no idea where to find the items needed. Just search Bazaar's and Retainers? I'm at work so can't check the lodestone but can you look up drop location for items?

Also, I never knew there was an equipment limit. I bought and tried to equip an earring but the system told me I had reached my limit. Does this "limit" increase as rank increases?

Overall, this game is beautiful and fun. Once they add a search for items within retainers/bazaars, the economy should settle. Right now, I never know if I'm overpaying for equipment or not :/

Earrings/accessories have a certain slot amount. Basically its like having action points for accessories. Dunno if the limit ever increases.

Kyoufu

Dreamwriter said:
I don't get it - how is that a bug? You gain your 200 skill points, and then at the end you only gain 0 or 15 additional skill points - who cares, you got your 200.

Except, it doesn't add up to the total. The sp bar doesn't grow at all. ITS A BUG BECAUSE YOU RECEIVE NOTHING IN THE END.

Coldsnap

My friend is getting crazy bad lag in the game. When he goes into a quest leve area it takes like a minute for the mobs to load, like he can run into the middle of the quest leve area and the monsters will be attacking him but he wont see them. Is this a video card thing? His video card is a HD 4550

Grampasso

Suikoguy said:
Did you just make him?
I made him yesterday night (local time 1 AM, maybe 8-9 PM in US). Name is... I don't remember :lol Maybe Edain Haradril, or Elenion Haradril :p I decided to start in the forest, I have met the 2 NPCs and have been saved by the group of forest folks. When I reached the first village (I think) and saw there were other characters stopped playing (framerate was killing my PC).

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Grampasso said:
I made him yesterday night (local time 1 AM, maybe 8-9 PM in US). Name is... I don't remember :lol Maybe Edain Haradril, or Elenion Haradril :p I decided to start in the forest, I have met the 2 NPCs and have been saved by the group of forest folks. When I reached the first village (I think) and saw there were other characters stopped playing (framerate was killing my PC).

Ah, been trying to make mine for the last couple of hours, no luck. I thought I missed a window or something.

Jinko

Did a faction leve today consisted of a group of us running round limsa looking for boxes :lol

I got a pair on Onion Gaskins.

oniongaskins.jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Coldsnap said:
My friend is getting crazy bad lag in the game. When he goes into a quest leve area it takes like a minute for the mobs to load, like he can run into the middle of the quest leve area and the monsters will be attacking him but he wont see them. Is this a video card thing? His video card is a HD 4550

I have the same problem with my setup. But my setup is super old (new parts on monday, RAWR).

The 4550 is not a good card whatsoever, technically speaking I don't think it even meets the listed 'minimum requirements' - But I don't want to say it's just the GPU, as FFXIV is apparently a very CPU heavy game as well - what's his processor?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jinko said:
Did a faction leve today consisted of a group of us running round limsa looking for boxes :lol

I got a pair on Onion Gaskins you can check what they look like here
Noooo, you did a faction leve without meeee! Hehehe, oh well.

I'm sitting on 98 points for two factions right now, so after this next reset I'll be able to do some too.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Grampasso said:
Uh... as soon as the update ends on this pc as well I'll check if my character is still there o_O

I think you are good as long as you made the character.
I just did not have a chance to get logged in until this evening.

Ravidrath

Kinitari said:
I have the same problem with my setup. But my setup is super old (new parts on monday, RAWR).

The 4550 is not a good card whatsoever, technically speaking I don't think it even meets the listed 'minimum requirements' - But I don't want to say it's just the GPU, as FFXIV is apparently a very CPU heavy game as well - what's his processor?

Video card number schemes make no sense to me, but isn't that likely more powerful than the 8800 GS in my 2-year-old iMac?

I run the game fine with the following settings:

1920x1200
Three Quarters Buffer
Ambient Occlusion Off
Depth of Field Off
Standard Textures
Lowest Detail Shadows​

Coldsnap

Kinitari said:

He has a 2.8 quard core, I'm running a 2.2ghz OC to 2.8 duo core and I don't have that problem. Im guessing its his graphics card then.

Jinko

Rentahamster said:
Noooo, you did a faction leve without meeee! Hehehe, oh well.

I'm sitting on 98 points for two factions right now, so after this next reset I'll be able to do some too.

You can also look forward to your level 1 legs then :lol

jiggle

is that faction leve solo friendly?
don't wanna waste 100 points and have it failed :X

edit: is it the same no matter where you flag it?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Ravidrath said:
Video card number schemes make no sense to me, but isn't that likely more powerful than the 8800 GS in my 2-year-old iMac?

I run the game fine with the following settings:

1920x1200
Three Quarters Buffer
Ambient Occlusion Off
Depth of Field Off
Standard Textures
Lowest Detail Shadows​

Video card number schemes are confusing as heck, but your card is probably substantially better. Here is a comparasion between a 4550 512mb vs an 8800gt 256mb:

http://www.hwcompare.com/graphics/compare.php?c=Radeon-HD-4550-512MB-vs-GeForce-8800-GT-256MB

Zomba13

Jinko said:

I got a pair on Onion Gaskins.

oniongaskins.jpg
:eek: Onion stuff from faction leves? Awesome I guess. Is there a set bonus thing or what because aren't they rank 1 kinda rubbish stuff?

I haven't done a faction leve yet. Are there minimum requirements on faction standing to start one?

I actually haven't even done any story missions yet. I need to do that this weekend to get caught up on the story, as it were.

Ravidrath

So has anyone messed around with macros much?

Like... to do them right, I think I need about 52 lines... will it accept that?

Also, I don't see any text commands for equipping traits or crafting/gathering abilities. Are those not implemented, or is there just another command they forgot to list?

asdad123 said:
It takes me a while to load the NPCs in the area Im in. Does this happen to anyone else?

It happens to everyone else.

Haint

Dreamwriter said:

You're not awarded the SP until the fight ends, ergo, you only actually get the 0 or 15 points in that example, not the 200.

Sins*

Neo Member
FrostuTheNinja said:
Installed and I'm manually patching it as the patching system provided just... Stopped.

So, uhhh, yeah. I'll be on later.

yeah in the open beta, it was just better to torrent the patches and drag them into the folder. not sure if it works for the retail (haven't got it yet)

Suikoguy

Sins* said:
yeah in the open beta, it was just better to torrent the patches and drag them into the folder. not sure if it works for the retail (haven't got it yet)

The patch downloaded for me just fine, I had some problems in beta.

Sins*

Neo Member
Suikoguy said:
The patch downloaded for me just fine, I had some problems in beta.
hmmm, lots of people seem to be complaining about it though, is the downloader still a disguised torrent? Because in open beta, it wouldn't even download, yet if you used the torrent through Azure, it downloaded in second.

Ravidrath

OK, messing around with macros now, and of course the system is woefully inadequate.

It takes 72 lines to do everything right, and they give you 10...

Firehead

Haven't been able to play much lately; GPU's just about out the door - it artifacts when aero's on. If all goes well, I should be back to playing sometime between Saturday and Monday. :D
What's the average level in the LS now?

Ravidrath said:
OK, messing around with macros now, and of course the system is woefully inadequate.

It takes 72 lines to do everything right, and they give you 10...
I know, right? What are the chances they improve the macro system?

So, I'm guessing that Lindblum is very, very full?

Doesn't even show up on my list of servers.

Edit:

Alternative or should I just wait about twenty minutes?

I'm so ready to monk... Err... I mean, "pugilist" it up.

Ravidrath

LaneDS said:
What macro are you attempting that needs 72 lines?

That's just for a full gear/action swap. 22 equipment slots, 30 actions, 10 traits and 10 abilities.

Because EVERY action does gear damage, you want to clear out equipment that isn't beneficial to your class, at the very least. But I'd also like to clear out abilities I'm not using, too.

Because you can't swap gear in battles, there is literally no reason to limit macros like this, either.

Firehead said:
I know, right? What are the chances they improve the macro system?

I expect they never will, but if they do, it'll be long after a 3rd party utility does it first and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom