• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeN

nataku said:
I haven't really logged in in since the weekend and I feel like I've wasted so much time because I've lost several cycles of levequests. The only way to really make up that lost SP if you don't do the levequest cycle every 36 hours is to grind, and with the random mob placement and lack of good spots to camp makes it a chore to do.

I don't think I'll be canceling, but I may limit my play time mostly to weekends, even if I progress at a snails pace. Honestly, the whole 8 levequests every cycle feels more punishing to casual players than anything.

If you're a "casual player" do you really care if your missing exp from not doing leve's? I don't see how the leve system is punishing anyone at all.

I'm amazed at how awesome crafting leve's are, receiving all the items and all I have do is the synthesis for skill ups. God, they are amazing for leveling up crafts without doing all the crap of searching for materials/shards.

Do we have a leatherworker near 20?

I know Dental is weaver in the 20s.

I'm looking to get:
-Cotton Slops (Weaver 11)
-Leather Tool Belt (Leather 21).

Jinko

RocketDarkness said:
Yep. I feel compelled to at LEAST do my 8 crafting quests every timeslice. I really wish they'd bump it up to 48 hours, that way you could at least do a simple 1 city/day, 2 cities / timeslice sort of thing.

When it was 48 hours everyone complained.

Ideally the leves would have no timer, so you could just go about your business as you normally would.

Of course with no end game content they aren't allowing this, plus crafters would all be at level 50 by now.

I can see them reducing the timer even more when PS3 users come along, just to give them an advantage in catching up.

JudgeN said:
If you're a "casual player" do you really care if your missing exp from not doing leve's? I don't see how the leve system is punishing anyone at all.

I'm amazed at how awesome crafting leve's are, receiving all the items and all I have do is the synthesis for skill ups. God, they are amazing for leveling up crafts without doing all the crap of searching for materials/shards.

It's punishing for casual players if they can't play every day, but can play for several hours when they do play. For example, let's say I can only play on Saturdays, but I can play for 3 hours. In that case, I would only be able to to 8 leves, even though I have time to do dozens (the equivalent of a weeks worth, even). That's punishing me for not having time to play everyday.

Jinko said:
When it was 48 hours everyone complained.

Ideally the leves would have no timer, so you could just go about your business as you normally would.

Of course with no end game content they aren't allowing this, plus crafters would all be at level 50 by now.

I can see them reducing the timer even more when PS3 users come along, just to give them an advantage in catching up.

I don't think it should be unlimited for the reason alone that it's free sp for crafters and free gil. However they need to make it easier to work in the system. Give me 8 battle/field and 8 craft every 36 hours but let me do all of them. Hopefully we'll see Chocobos sooner rather than later.

Clever Pun said:
It's punishing for casual players if they can't play every day, but can play for several hours when they do play. For example, let's say I can only play on Saturdays, but I can play for 3 hours. In that case, I would only be able to to 8 leves, even though I have time to do dozens (the equivalent of a weeks worth, even). That's punishing me for not having time to play everyday.

I doubt you could do 8 crafting leves and 8 battle leves in 3 hours. Hell I bet you couldn't do 8 battle OR 8 crafting leves in 3 hours.

nataku

demosthenes said:
I doubt you could do 8 crafting leves and 8 battle leves in 3 hours. Hell I bet you couldn't do 8 battle OR 8 crafting leves in 3 hours.

You could if you didn't have to spend 75% of your play time running your ass all over the place.

Salaadin

AT the very least, they could improve anima regen to the point where we arent all bone dry by the end of the week OR add more leves to the game for each rank and type so that we can do all 8 in one city without having to travel.

I only played the Open Beta, but it didn't take very long to finish the 8 battle and 8 crafting leves that were available to me (I did teleport everywhere, though). I think the point is still valid that it could be punishing to casuals who can't play everyday.

Decay24

Neo Member
demosthenes said:
Do we have a leatherworker near 20?

I know Dental is weaver in the 20s.

I'm looking to get:
-Cotton Slops (Weaver 11)
-Leather Tool Belt (Leather 21).

If you are on now and haven't gotten your slops yet, I can hook you up with a pair.

Jinko

Salaadin said:
AT the very least, they could improve anima regen to the point where we arent all bone dry by the end of the week OR add more leves to the game for each rank and type so that we can do all 8 in one city without having to travel.

I really wish they would do this, 8 leves per rank/per city.

And split the local leves up into rank menus like the battle/field leves too.

Being offered rank 1 locals at rank 25 is ridiculous.

Clever Pun said:
I only played the Open Beta, but it didn't take very long to finish the 8 battle and 8 crafting leves that were available to me (I did teleport everywhere, though). I think the point is still valid that it could be punishing to casuals who can't play everyday.

A casual WOULD be able to do all 8 faster. However, for the rest of us that play everyday, we use our Anima up very fast and we're all out of Anima, so we get like 1 tele a day. However a casual player would be able to tele all over on Saturday-Sunday and get done very fast b/c it would've increase while he didn't play Mon-Fri.

Decay24 said:
If you are on now and haven't gotten your slops yet, I can hook you up with a pair.

I won't be on until later tonight, would you be on then, after work I'm running to Wegmans w/ the gf and then making dinner, will be on after that. I can provide gil for materials / shards for the process so you don't use any of yours.

Decay24

Neo Member
demosthenes said:
I won't be on until later tonight, would you be on then, after work I'm running to Wegmans w/ the gf and then making dinner, will be on after that. I can provide gil for materials / shards for the process so you don't use any of yours.

Don't worry about the materials. I'm skilling up on cotton cloths atm so I have a ton. I'll whip up a pair of pants when I hit 22 (Should be soon, im like 2k tnl). Could I get a pearl as well? It's kinda lonely when Sal isn't on in our little LS :p

Decay24

Neo Member
I was able to harvest some orge pumpkins on Botanist north of Camp Horizon at a grade 3 point. Only got one there though. Seem rare

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
nataku said:
I haven't really logged in in since the weekend and I feel like I've wasted so much time because I've lost several cycles of levequests. The only way to really make up that lost SP if you don't do the levequest cycle every 36 hours is to grind, and with the random mob placement and lack of good spots to camp makes it a chore to do.
5 star leves + guardian aspect on particular ones. You should have lots of favor now.

Decay24 said:
Don't worry about the materials. I'm skilling up on cotton cloths atm so I have a ton. I'll whip up a pair of pants when I hit 22 (Should be soon, im like 2k tnl). Could I get a pearl as well? It's kinda lonely when Sal isn't on in our little LS :p

GET THIS MAN A PEARL!

Will you be on in like 4 hours?

Salaadin

demosthenes said:
GET THIS MAN A PEARL!

Will you be on in like 4 hours?

I offered him one many times but he kept saying "Not until that Oisin Flon guy quits!"
I wont tell him that you guys are the same person.

Decay24

Neo Member
Yeah I'll probably be on til the maint starts at midnight PST.

I might be afk and such, I typically play NHL 11 and have this minimized.

I can make white or red. Which do you want?

Salaadin said:
I offered him one many times but he kept saying "Not until that Oisin Flon guy quits!"
I wont tell him that you guys are the same person.

:lol

Decay24 said:
Yeah I'll probably be on til the maint starts at midnight PST.

I might be afk and such, I typically play NHL 11 and have this minimized.

I can make white or red. Which do you want?

I get a color?! My first color piece! I'll take red!

Coldsnap

Decay24 said:
I was able to harvest some orge pumpkins on Botanist north of Camp Horizon at a grade 3 point. Only got one there though. Seem rare

No shit, I gotta make more Botanist friends. They seem to get all the ingredients I need. Save them, I will turn them into Jack-O-Laturns for you which give you +gathering for 30mins, so you can get more heheh

Torquill

Clever Pun said:
This is a foolish argument. if there were no restriction you would still be able to do less than someone who can play more. You can do less because you have less time. This is true no matter what the restriction is unless the restriction was 8 a week or more.

It sounds like you're saying it's unfair as long as the restriction isn't severe enough to fit your limited play schedule.

Or I'm misunderstanding something.

Londa

Banned
Coldsnap said:
No shit, I gotta make more Botanist friends. They seem to get all the ingredients I need. Save them, I will turn them into Jack-O-Laturns for you which give you +gathering for 30mins, so you can get more heheh

cool I'm going to start eatting food more often. :D

Coldsnap

Torquill said:
This is a foolish argument. if there were no restriction you would still be able to do less than someone who can play more. You can do less because you have less time. This is true no matter what the restriction is unless the restriction was 8 a week or more.

It sounds like you're saying it's unfair as long as the restriction isn't severe enough to fit your limited play schedule.

Or I'm misunderstanding something.

What this argument comes down to is that there is really no "casual" play to this game at the moment. Rested exp is a great idea, SE could have implemented something better than guardians favor. Fuck guardians favor, its just an extra screen I have to click through when questing.

jiggle

Clever Pun said:

if i understand how leve works correctly
if you log in for 5minutes during the week
warp to all 3 cities and flag all the leves
you can do them all, in addition to the 8 new ones on weekends

Jinko

SE forgot this little fella's hair piece.

58409977.png

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
demosthenes said:

Can do this easily by doing leves in your level range in the area you're in. If you're so set on jumping from place to place across the game's country, then yes, it'll take you forever. As it stands, I can hop on, do 8 battle and 8 crafting leves well within 2 hours at camps proper for my skill level.

This is probably why I have never noticed any SP problems.

Anyways, to be quite honest, the negativity in the LS has caused me not to bother logging on. If you want to quit, quit. Bitching gets old and drags the fun down.

Then again, everyone could all go to WoW (admittedly the best MMO on the market by a long, long shot) and still find tons of shit to bitch about so...whatever.

Jinko

Kintaro said:
Anyways, to be quite honest, the negativity in the LS has caused me not to bother logging on. If you want to quit, quit. Bitching gets old and drags the fun down.

And yet most us will admit that the LS is the best part about this game so far, so it can't be all that bad.

People bitch and whine all the time, me more than most I suspect, just the way it is, especially with a game that has so many problems.

You are still fairly low level aswell so the leve's you get aren't very far out, if you want to maximize your SP gains at higher levels you have to go to every city and pick up 8 leves optimal to your rank.

Same goes for crafting otherwise you are wasting an oppertunity for the best SP gains.

Thoraxes

For some reason, starting today i've been getting error code 11021 and can't even play the game anymore :(
I may just cancel my sub till it works again. I've tried all the fixes out there, but nothing works, and i've never had a Norton Product installed.
Ugh.

jiggle

i thought sp gain would improve once i graduate to rank30 leves
but feels like it's gotten worse
hitting for 90s and getting 30-40sp rarely randomly =.=

Unknown Soldier said:
everyone is wondering if Squenix is going to nerf Punishing Barbs. I guess we'll see.

is it that good?
even if used by another job like conj?

i'm crossing my fingers they to nerf the regen exploit
it's the only decent method left for me to get any sp now :/

zlatko said:
So what's everyone hoping for in this matinence?

want list:
auction house :)lol :lol :lol)
a better SP distribution
chocobo
item sort
delivery box
increase inventory
weapon/armors get their own inventory tabs
faster item transfer
highland hyur with visible earrings

zlatko

Banned

I think my biggest would be SP fix.

I'd also like to see inventory sort function considering that can't be hard to put in a patch like this.

jiggle said:
i'm crossing my fingers they to nerf the regen exploit
it's the only decent method left for me to get any sp now :/
What's the regen exploit?

I'm a Conjurer and am having a hell of a time gaining SP at all, even in parties, even when I'm buffing and healing almost nonstop. It's insane.

Kyoufu

Mistwalker said:
What's the regen exploit?

I'm a Conjurer and am having a hell of a time gaining SP at all, even in parties, even when I'm buffing and healing almost nonstop. It's insane.

Leash a mob at 20% or so, let it regen to full then wack it til 20% again. When you have gained 500 SP you can kill it.

Ravidrath

zlatko said:

I think my biggest would be SP fix.

I'd also like to see inventory sort function considering that can't be hard to put in a patch like this.

I think the market wards changes will go a lot farther than people think... it'll make it possible to actually find weapons and tools, and the prices will likely go down a bit, too.

A search feature for the wards would be amazing, too, but I'm not hopeful.

Inventory sorting would be awesome, but... I'm not hopeful for that, either.

I'd love to see pooled SP for parties, and the ability to use the player search feature for exp. parties, too.

I don't think I've ever seen the SP bug, but I would like to see it fixed for those that it has affected.

Kyoufu said:
Where can those Quartz Coblyn be found? I could use some silver ores.

There's a bunch of them out by camp Broken Water. After I turned in a local leve I was going to death warp back and I decided to see if I could take any of them with me. If I let them hit me with barbs on and I'm not casting they one shot themselves :lol

Ravidrath

SuperLurker said:
There's a bunch of them out by camp Broken Water. After I turned in a local leve I was going to death warp back and I decided to see if I could take any of them with me. If I let them hit me with barbs on and I'm not casting they one shot themselves :lol

Around what rank are those Quartz Doblyns soloable?

BTW, regarding the "missing hairpiece," I believe that's likely a result of the bodypart damage? Their only bodypart is the "ore cluster."

Awntawn

Mistwalker said:
When you cast AoE buff/heal, are you targetting yourself or someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom