• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa

Banned
Salaadin said:
How is this bad? This is awesome.

seems lazy on the players part to expect everything to be selected out of their inventory without having a second thought. But that is just my opinion.

zlatko

Banned
Londa said:
crap, don't like this one. @_@ bound to happen thanks to a certain MMO

Yeah how in God's freaking name is that bad? You crafted an item or learned its recipe, so instead of manually putting in all the items again one by one over and over, you can just pick it from a list, and boom you're doing the craft to pick standard, rapid, bold, wait to try and make it again.

This saves you tons of time.

Zalasta

Londa said:
seems lazy on the players part to expect everything to be selected out of their inventory without having a second thought. But that is just my opinion.

Nah, even I have to agree that increasing the user's ease does not always mean laziness on player's part.

Londa said:

Excuse me? Do you like it when SE slaps slow and clunky interfaces to you? I know you're the Captain SE of this game but come on!

Doing a leve with 7 recipes and having to go through the 6 or so menus everytime is not lazy it's a waste and not needed. I want to do this leve SE, stop making me select it EVERY time. It's lazy on the devs to make a system this obtuse.

Jinko

Kintaro said:
Can any SoDers answer me this? Why didn't we get into WoW? Is that MMO perfect for us? Can easily do smaller scale dungeons. Plenty of crafting and stuff to do. Easy to get in and level, variety of classes and specs. Can quest together. Etc.

I never understood why. Couldn't pick a side? Who gives a shit? Too ugly for us? Explain this to me.

I've played WoW on and off since it was realeased, I'm am completely bored of the world and game at the moment, I will no doubt go back for Cata.

Regional servers would screw the EU crowd over aswell.

Effect

The news of an additional 30 days is great to read. I wish the UI updates weren't being released in late-November however. I just hope that means mid November and not the last week. Patched in on the day or right around when the additional 30 days ends. If they can clean up the UI which is my main source of contention with the game (I've played enough MMOs to be able to deal with other things if, especially if I'm interested in the game to some degree. As long as they are addresses in a reasonable amount of time) and address the leve/kill task system then perhaps I might sign back up if the desire to play WoW:Cataclysm doesn't take hold.

I have noticed some of the lag being better when I logged in for a few minutes last night. However I'm not sure if that was due to them making it better simply because there was a noticeable absence of players on Karnak.

Azrael

Kintaro said:
Can any SoDers answer me this? Why didn't we get into WoW? Is that MMO perfect for us? Can easily do smaller scale dungeons. Plenty of crafting and stuff to do. Easy to get in and level, variety of classes and specs. Can quest together. Etc.

I never understood why. Couldn't pick a side? Who gives a shit? Too ugly for us? Explain this to me.

There's a couple reasons I haven't played WoW.

- I absolutely hate, hate, HATE the Saturday morning cartoon look of the game. It's a huge turnoff for me. FFXI and FFXIV have lots of flaws but art direction is not one of them.

- Don't really want to jump in to an MMO that's been out for several years as a noob and the game and its userbase is in a very mature state.

If I was to migrate from FFXIV to another MMO I think I would wait for Guild Wars 2 instead of becoming a WoW player.

zlatko

Banned
Londa said:
off to school, later!

Professional trolling at its finest.
:lol How do you go unbanned by mods or even warned for that matter?

I wish I had a vagina so I could get away with this kinda stupid crap on Gaf. :lol

nataku

Londa said:

What the fuck? What is wrong with you? Do you honestly like having to open separate websites to look up recipes? Do you like having to go through over 12 steps to do a single synth for 4 ingredient items, every time?

Londa, you're fucking crazy. Goddamn.

nataku said:
What the fuck? What is wrong with you? Do you honestly like having to open separate websites to look up recipes? Do you like having to go through over 12 steps to do a single synth for 4 ingredient items, every time?

Londa, you're fucking crazy. Goddamn.

Stop being so lazy!

Please tell you read that as sarcasm, PLEASE!

edit: I STILL WANT MY EGG RAT!

Jinko

Reactived my subsciption >.>

Really excited for all those upcoming fixes.

The drag and drop interface being very interesting.. (I'm sure Londa will love that one :lol )

Coldsnap

demosthenes said:
edit: I STILL WANT MY EGG RAT!

My guy is afk bazaaring in LL at the BSM guild, 4,000gil an egg :D. I'm testing to see if people will pay that crazy price and maybe the 7,000gil pumpkin wont look so bad next to the 4,000gil egg. I will make more eggs tonight and give you some.

Jinko said:

wooooooooooo!

Ravidrath said:
Ah, damn.

Since you're higher rank than I am... any recs on where I can solo as 18 CON? Not really feeling I've found a good spot yet.

IIRC around this rank I was mostly in bloodshore. There are a few caves and tunnels in the area with moles in them. Since you can run away from their TP attack it makes them pretty easy to solo.

Players will be able to target party members via the party member list
Is it sad that this is my number one most wanted feature? :lol

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Jinko said:

Really excited for all those upcoming fixes.

The drag and drop interface being very interesting.. (I'm sure Londa will love that one :lol )

I TOLD YOU BITCHES IT WOULD HAPPEN. YOU SAID IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN BUT I TOLD YOU. DRAG AND DROP. YES.

Maybe I'll start playing again, gah.

nataku

I'm excited I'll finally be able to rebind 1-0 to something more reasonable, like 1,2,3,4,5,6,t,g,b,v etc.

Oh, and movement to esdf too.

zlatko

Banned
nataku said:
I'm excited I'll finally be able to rebind 1-0 to something more reasonable, like 1,2,3,4,5,6,t,g,b,v etc.

Oh, and movement to esdf too.

Camera I want to strap to the arrow keys so I can play the game with FFXI control methods. :D

Cathcart

Londa said:
What's really lazy is that players don't write their own assembly code to perform the controller commands that select items in their inventory. Lazy jerks.

If it makes you feel better it doesn't sound like it is a complete recipe book, it will just contain recipes that you have used recently so while you're clicking through the inventory for that first item you can still feel a little bit superior to people who expect a user interface more advanced than Darklands.

Looking forward to being able to bind the action bar to my number pad. I hate using the 0-9 on the top of the keyboard. Left hand on PS2 controller, right hand on number pad for combat. Sweet.

Londa said:

I hope a hard working motherfucker like yourself is posting on NeoGAF with Internet Explorer 6.

LowParry

Once again, Londa proving how much of a dumb ass she is. Great news for crafters. You may just appeal this game more for me SE. I'll see you on the PS3 side. :D

Cathcart

Open area NMs are the worst thing ever! We should totally ignore them and not give SE the satisfaction of wasting our time!

I mean, unless one of them drops a cool saw, maybe with like a fancy handle and a design on it. Then we rally the troops to take that sumbitch down, you know what I'm sayin'?

TheExodu5

Banned
Londa said:

You are the worst poster to ever grace NeoGAF.

Cathcart said:
Open area NMs are the worst thing ever! We should totally ignore them and not give SE the satisfaction of wasting our time!

I mean, unless one of them drops a cool saw, maybe with like a fancy handle and a design on it. Then we rally the troops to take that sumbitch down, you know what I'm sayin'?

I'm really excited they are planning instanced NMs. I am way too old for that camping a mob for 12 hours shit.

I'm trying to figure out how many crystals/shards I need to burn through all my ores to convert them into nuggets...I need so much :lol

At least another 150 fire crystals to convert to nuggets and several hundred fire shards...shit :lol

Dental when will you be on today?

XTERC

I've just read all of the version update FAQS and it really seems like the user feedback has affected the dev team (in a good way). I'm pleased they have extended the 'trail' period, because I was having serious doubts on putting down cash for what is perceived by most members of my Linkshell as a PS3 Beta.

Zomba13

Londa said:
Untill this post I could belive that maybe londa was just a very devoted FFXIV fan who could see the potential and still trusted SE. Now I'm convinced Londa is just a troll/joke account. How in the name of all that is holy and good is that addition a bad thing? It doesn't make crafting easier it just cuts the amount of time down because you no longer need to fumble through slow, laggy menus when doing synths.

I feel like my mind has been blow @_@

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Boy SE knows how to string its customers along. Extending free trail is a good thing. However, watch as they plan a late-November update right when the trial is due to end. Then a mid-December update! Tugging at your heart strings with promise and hope. Just like FFXI. :lol

The answers to my WoW question are interesting by the way. :lol

Teknoman

* Bunch of upcoming updates for next month along with today's update*

Kyoufu said:

2j16c5w.jpg

Mandoric

Banned
Patch sounds great. Recipe book that you can "write" in is the best of both worlds. I hate the WoW-style "you've been making grilled bream for 20 levels, but no way can you guess how to make grilled cod without the recipe drop!" thing, but just selecting recipes you've used before like you select leve ones now will be awesome.

If SE is smart they will roll out patch around the 15th and give the CE buyers a week or so of playing with it before their free time runs out.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Zomba13 said:
Untill this post I could belive that maybe londa was just a very devoted FFXIV fan who could see the potential and still trusted SE. Now I'm convinced Londa is just a troll/joke account. How in the name of all that is holy and good is that addition a bad thing? It doesn't make crafting easier it just cuts the amount of time down because you no longer need to fumble through slow, laggy menus when doing synths.

I feel like my mind has been blow @_@

Exactly, it's just removing a pointless timesink.

Anyway, I hope they can manage to make this game a success.

Kintaro said:
You know what s not in the upcoming plans? CHOCOBOS. >=(

While that is unfortunate they are addressing Anima use which will lower my complaints about not having Chocobos.
But not erase them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom