• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It seems like Thaumaturges have more chances to proc SP than Conjurers since their spells do damage and inflict a debuff.

Banish - chance to proc damage SP and debuf SP

Sacrifice - chance to proc heal SP and regen buff SP

Absorb - chance to debuff the mob - Initiate chance to buff party member.

Can the other THAs confirm?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
pancakesandsex said:
You have been connected to Agent Matt F..
Agent Matt F.: Hello, Bean Bandit, thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
Bean Bandit : Thanks
Agent Matt F.: You are always welcome to check for updates and news regarding FINAL FANTASY XIV on: www.FINALFANTASYXIV.com. Hopefully the information you need will become available soon enough.
Agent Matt F.: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Jason?
Bean Bandit : So you do not have a solution I take it?
Agent Matt F.: I'm afraid we do not provide live support for FINAL FANTASY XIV.
Bean Bandit : Where CAN I take an issue like this? Is there even a place?
Agent Matt F.: I provided the website above, aside from that I really do not have more information to give you. There is information to be found I am sure, but I can only refer you to our official website.
Agent Matt F.: Are there any other issues I can assist you with right now, Jason?
Bean Bandit : Guess not!
Agent Matt F.: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center, Jason! Take care and hope to see you online!
Thank you for using InstantService. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
:lol

Absolutely pathetic.

Jinko

pancakesandsex said:
The official web site routed me to the general support page which after several faq searches brought me to that chat in the first place.

THANKS MATT

Can't say im surprised, might be worth contacting a GM in game, although I'm guessing you will end up with a similar answer.

Jinko said:
Can't say im surprised, might be worth contacting a GM in game, although I'm guessing you will end up with a similar answer.

Actually that gets me NO answer. Tried last night. GM calls are currently for harassment and getting stuck on the geometry only.

TheFatOne

Jinko said:

I know this is off topic but I heard you quit Jinko. You are now dead to me.

pancakesandsex said:
The official web site routed me to the general support page which after several faq searches brought me to that chat in the first place.

THANKS MATT
And you can't call them? Should be a support number in the instruction manual.

Coldsnap

My real life friend is about to quit the game because he is lonely. He says he doesn't mind the grind but he wants into my linkshell for the social aspect. I wish that linkshell member thing wasn't that way.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Coldsnap said:
My real life friend is about to quit the game because he is lonely. He says he doesn't mind the grind but he wants into my linkshell for the social aspect. I wish that linkshell member thing wasn't that way.

the amount of foresight that went into the game amazes me :lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
What's the best way to rank level a GLA? I'm at Rank 12, and whenever I do the Rank 10 levequests I get very small rank points for killing the monsters, even after invoking the guardian! I even spent a bunch of time doing stuff for other professions to see if that would "empty the bucket" as it were, but it's still worthless.

Help?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
RurouniZel said:
What's the best way to rank level a GLA? I'm at Rank 12, and whenever I do the Rank 10 levequests I get very small rank points for killing the monsters, even after invoking the guardian! I even spent a bunch of time doing stuff for other professions to see if that would "empty the bucket" as it were, but it's still worthless.

Help?
Get two more melees and a mage within your rank range. Do as many stars as you can without it being too hard.

Do behests when they're available. Fight regular mobs when you're out of leves.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Rentahamster said:
Get two more melees and a mage within your rank range. Do as many stars as you can without it being too hard.

Do behests when they're available. Fight regular mobs when you're out of leves.

Okay, I'll try to get some friends for that tomorrow night. Thx.

Teknoman

Unknown Soldier said:
Someone needs to temporarily create a SoD2 linkshell until we can get the full SoD issue resolved. You can have up to 8 LSes at once in this game.

S-E needs to fix that asap (couldnt you do that in XI?) and get companies up and running. I know its supposed to hit in November, but still.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
RurouniZel said:
Okay, I'll try to get some friends for that tomorrow night. Thx.
Each SP proc does more the more ppl you have in party. The more chances mages have to heal, the more SP they get. As long as the melee's dps is about the same, you'll be okay.

Cmagus

I think I am gonna roll another character tonight Fabul is dead no one wants to party, most camps past drybone are dead haha so boring I cant even take on any leves right now.I think I am gonna try PUG looks interesting

Cmagus

Spent some time grinding under the sea tonight lol was waiting for a musical number to break out.

seaot.jpg

bardia

Hit blacksmith 29 tonight, have no idea what I'm going to start grinding on post 30 as recipes are slowly trickling out. Anyone else enjoying crafting and has a high level craft?

Salaadin

Pai Pai Master said:
Wait you can't break someone's linkpearl like in XI? wtf! :lol

You can, you just need to be in the same area as them to do it :lol
It sucks to see so many greyed out names of people that dont even log on anymore or dont even use SoD while we have others who want to to get in.

Itd be nice if SE would start talking about this Company thing. If we end up with SoD1 and SoD2, maybe the two can be companied together at some point or something.

Gahh, seems like for every one thing SE's done right with this game there's like 5 or 6 little things that make no sense whatsoever. :lol

It will forever boggle my mind why some of the most basic shit didn't carry over from XI, like inventory sorting, search/party functions or linkshell management.

I cannot fucking wait until all this crap is resolved. I started playing WoW last night and while I can see it being a nice distraction for a few months (I really want to give it a shot and play Cata before I get deep into FFXIV, so now's the perfect time), there's just so much about it that I prefer in the Final Fantasy Online games. I'm still just as hyped for "Real FFXIV" as I was when the game was first announced. This unfinished bastard of a product needs to go away before the end of the year. :lol

Salaadin

Pai Pai Master said:
Gahh, seems like for every one thing SE's done right with this game there's like 5 or 6 little things that make no sense whatsoever. :lol

It will forever boggle my mind why some of the most basic shit didn't carry over from XI, like inventory sorting, search/party functions or linkshell management.

I cannot fucking wait until all this crap is resolved. I started playing WoW last night and while I can see it being a nice distraction for a few months (I really want to give it a shot and play Cata before I get deep into FFXIV, so now's the perfect time), there's just so much about it that I prefer in the Final Fantasy Online games. I'm still just as hyped for "Real FFXIV" as I was when the game was first announced. This unfinished bastard of a product needs to go away before the end of the year. :lol

Seriously. I wish this late November patch would be broken up into bits or something. I dont mind maintenance once a week if it means this stuff is resolved sooner. I also dont want the game to be fixed and then they start charging us right away before we even have a chance at checking it out.

Jinko

Pai Pai Master said:

+1 this post.

I'm not sure WoW will hold my attention up to the launch of Cata though, the new patch is nice but the game still feels stale to me.

I really hope the november patch sorts FF14 out, I want to love it but right now its so frustrating to play.

Thankfully I haven't played WoW since beta, so while some stuff feels a bit more dated than XIV or even XI, there's a shitload of fresh content for me to experience. There's definitely a ton of stuff I prefer about XI and XIV but I've always been a Warcraft fan since I was a kid and I just didn't have the time to play both XI and WoW...I don't expect to be playing on the paid subscription for XIV until at least March so I think that gives me a decent window in which I can fuck around and see what WoW has to offer.

I'm only on the trial right now (which fucking sucks) and I'm waiting to see if Blizz announces a new Battle Chest at Blizzcon with BC and Lich King included...either way I probably won't play the full game until Cata launches.

If anything I wish SE would go ahead and make the market wards their top priority. It's the weirdest thing for a game but right now the economy feels like the biggest timeskink and it's something I just don't have the patience for. The gameplay feels stunted enough as it is with the myriad of small issues here and there, but every sense of enjoyment and progression comes to a dead stop every time the game's completely broken economic system rears its ugly head.

Kyoufu

Put me in the camp that is playing WoW until they finish FFXIV. Playing WoW again though makes me appreciate things such as being able to target mobs/players easily and an auction house AND a mail system.

Yeah, not touching FFXIV for a while.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
We would like to notify you of the current major issues as of Oct. 20, 2010.

[Current Issues]
- Using the Lancer's "Fleet of Foot" ability has no effect.

:lol

Well that explains that! Good lord, do they even play their own game?

jiggle

anyone know of a good spot with lots of vengeful souls?
i found 1 cave so far near bloodshore but it only has 2 slow pops

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Note to lancers and archers:

Heavy thrust and close shot have a chance to proc bind on the mob. That means you have two opportunities to proc SP. One for the damage, and one for the debuff.

jiggle

Rentahamster said:
You soloing or in a party?

solo

Rentahamster said:
It seems like Thaumaturges have more chances to proc SP than Conjurers since their spells do damage and inflict a debuff.

i just subbed banish on conj and
out of 4 banish casts
i got 32 sp after first
nothing after 2nd
17 after 3rd
and then 50 + 10 on 4th

that's pretty good @.@

edit: ok maybe that was just lucky, nothing from 5th/6th/7th
edit2: fuck, casted it a bunch more, along with scourge, not a single sp. i hate this game

quoting from bottom of last page >.>
jiggle said:
anyone know of a good spot with lots of vengeful souls?
i found 1 cave so far near bloodshore but it only has 2 slow pops

Anyone else get an email about the extra 30 days free trial?

I don't really think I'm going to play any more. I love the actual game mechanics like the crafting and combat system, but the lack of content is too much of a drag. There's nothing to do but grind :(

Rentahamster said:

Sacrifice - chance to proc heal SP and regen buff SP

Absorb - chance to debuff the mob - Initiate chance to buff party member.

This is true, but I haven't found banish/scourge to be a good way to be spending my time in a party if I'm looking for SP. Both take 4 seconds to cast and a considerable amount of stamina. In our parties if I start casting banish when the mob is engaged I consider myself lucky if it goes off before the monster dies. The only good time to use them is if you have a good chance to AoE. The rank 30 behests seem good for this since the mobs don't pose any real threat.

If I was just looking for maximum SP gain I would heal at every opportunity and then just use spirit dart in between.

Forbiden

I have a question, haven't been able to find any solid answer anywhere, so I want to see if anyone knows why this is happening to me.

My Botanist is currently Rank 24, and I am able to get the Rank 20 Botanist leves in Ul'dah. However, I can't get the Rank 20 leves in Limsa or in Gridania. But...my Miner is level 15 and I can get the Rank 20 leves in Ul'dah and Limsa(Haven't checked Gridania yet). Is there any specific reason for this?

jiggle

Rentahamster said:
That's why.

Find 3 other melees in your rank rage, go fight a mob that kicks their ass, heal them, and pray to god that they know how to taunt the mob off your ass.

bad previous experience aside
i'm just waiting for a better interface to pt as mage

but at the current rate i'm going on sp
i may not have any choice

Forbiden said:
I have a question, haven't been able to find any solid answer anywhere, so I want to see if anyone knows why this is happening to me.

My Botanist is currently Rank 24, and I am able to get the Rank 20 Botanist leves in Ul'dah. However, I can't get the Rank 20 leves in Limsa or in Gridania. But...my Miner is level 15 and I can get the Rank 20 leves in Ul'dah and Limsa(Haven't checked Gridania yet). Is there any specific reason for this?

u unlock rank20 fieldcraft leves when you hit rank 15
however
each nation will only assign them for 1 job
Limsa only assigns rank20 fieldcraft leve for miner (check again, you couldn't have gotten these in ul'dah for miner because they don't exist)
Ul'dha only does botanist
Gridannia only does fishing

Forbiden

I'll check it again when I get home, but I could have sworn I saw the level 15 mining ones in Ul'dah.

So if the Rank 20 leves unlock at rank 15, do the rank 30 ones unlock at level 25? And are they also available only in certain cities like the rank 20?

jiggle

Forbiden said:
I'll check it again when I get home, but I could have sworn I saw the level 15 mining ones in Ul'dah.

So if the Rank 20 leves unlock at rank 15, do the rank 30 ones unlock at level 25? And are they also available only in certain cities like the rank 20?

no idea but seems safe to assume so
since battleleves follow a similar pattern @ 13&23

and yeah, for rank 30 and rank 40
they are all exclusive to separate cities
only 6 of each exists, like the rank 20 ones
u can check the list here
http://ffxiv.yg.com/guildleves?c=2

Salaadin

My MIN is at 20 and Ive never seen leves above rank 10 in any city other than Limsa Lominsa. It looks like rank 20 and above Mining leves can only be obtained in Limsa.

Forbiden

Salaadin said:
My MIN is at 20 and Ive never seen leves above rank 10 in any city other than Limsa Lominsa. It looks like rank 20 and above Mining leves can only be obtained in Limsa.

Well, according to the list from the link in the post above yours, it seems to alternate. Rank 20 mining is in Limsa, and Rank 30 is in Ul'dah abd Rank 40 in Gridania.

Jinko

Forbiden said:

I have the same problem with my fisherman, only Gridania will offer me rank 20 even though the Fishing guild is in Limsa.

I'm leaning towards its effected by your starting town perhaps, but who knows, nothing makes sense in this game.

Salaadin

Forbiden said:
Well, according to the list from the link in the post above yours, it seems to alternate. Rank 20 mining is in Limsa, and Rank 30 is in Ul'dah abd Rank 40 in Gridania.

Great, I was hoping Id never have to mine in Gridania again.
"Go mine in that herd of Morbol!"

Forbiden

Salaadin said:
Great, I was hoping Id never have to mine in Gridania again.
"Go mine in that herd of Morbol!"

Never done any mining quests in gridania, but I never liked the fact that the Rank 10 leves for Botanist were in the middle of a bunch of wolves or shit that could easily kill me. Man, that shit was annoying. That's why I decided to go do logging in Ul'dah and Limsa...even though Gridania is my starting city, i haven't been there after the second week the game was out.

Forbiden said:
Never done any mining quests in gridania, but I never liked the fact that the Rank 10 leves for Botanist were in the middle of a bunch of wolves or shit that could easily kill me. Man, that shit was annoying. That's why I decided to go do logging in Ul'dah and Limsa...even though Gridania is my starting city, i haven't been there after the second week the game was out.
I've recently had to do the same. My main classes are Goldsmith 21 and Miner 20. Gridania doesn't offer R20 mining, and the goldsmithing quests are either Brass Himantes (R15) or Tortoiseshell Hora (R25 + requires bonecrafting). Ul'dah offers the most goldsmithing quests, and Limsa offers a ton of R20 GLD as well as the only R20 Mining.

Cmagus

Gridania is the worst I have been doing some stuff there lately as well.Everything is sooo far in Gridania still some of the leves are interesting there though probably the most challenging IMO.

Salaadin

Forbiden said:

Thats how mining was with the points right next to the Anglers. Youd have to literally go up there and pray you didnt die. One time, I kept getting aggro and ended up finishing the leve with 45 seconds left on the clock.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
jiggle said:
bad previous experience aside
i'm just waiting for a better interface to pt as mage

but at the current rate i'm going on sp
i may not have any choice

If one way doesn't work, you just gotta keep trying different ways until you find something that does work. You can't just keep doing the same thing over and over again hoping that it'll be different the next time.

This whole game so far is an daunting exercise in trial n' error and guess n' check because:

#1 - It's new, and nobody knows exactly what does what

#2 - SE is either purposefully or ignorantly not explaining game mechanics

#3 - The game mechanics itself have serious fundamental problems that allow for too few ways to do it right and so many ways to do it wrong.

I can forgive #1. In fact, I welcome it. I enjoy breaking a game down and figuring it out before anyone else has had a chance to "spoil" it with a FAQ or something.

#2 and #3, on the other hand, are unforgivable in the sense that it is the fault of SE for poor game design and poor community relations.

The more I learn about the way this game works, the more "WTF were they thinking??" moments I have.

But there's still enough positive aspects to keep me playing, for what it's worth. I criticize this game a lot, but I still like playing it. If I truly hated it, I wouldn't be. I'm only slightly masochistic.

I'm the same way but I wouldn't pay a subscription for the game in its current state. If they don't issue the major November changes before free time expires, I can't give them the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait a little longer, going by word of mouth regarding the improvements. If they can impress me before free time expires then I'd be more than happy to pay the subscription; this game is going to be excellent but it's a matter of when? Sooner than later, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom