• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

The GAF Free Company is setup on Ultros! Send a /tell to the following officers for an invite:

Bubble Gum
Strawberry Shortcake
Xarielle Randgris
Capell Percipere

Will start inviting people from the LS as they appear online.

how do you use the tell function? I try doing /tell *username* and it doesn't work.

creid

how do you use the tell function? I try doing /tell *username* and it doesn't work.
Apparently doesn't work if you're in a dungeon. Double-check that you're using first & last name, and you might need them properly capitalized.

Jinko

Think I'm done with this phase, I did Sastasha and it was fairly decent, but for the most part I'm not going to waste to much time on story and progress when its going to get wiped in a few weeks.

Think I'll play around with gathering, crafting and materia for the remainder of phase 3.

Has anyone else noticed their Reindeer outfit is missing :( ?

Azzurri

I asked this in the other beta thread, but.

Will we be able to change race and gender?

Also, can I use a 360 controller?

I'm still a lv9 Thaumaturge, but I never experienced any of those things yet...
No enemy interrupted my casting as long as I stood still while charging. And about the MP, you're supposed to use Fire magic to deal the most damage, but pay attention to your MP. When you're almost out, swap the Fire aura with an Ice one, and you'll have full MP in less than 5 seconds.

About the enemy interruption that only happened before battle's for me. I would cast my first spell on the enemy and the enemy would usually run past me, or I run too far from me and I end up getting interrupted. I didn't know about the fire magic but I just kept casting spells until I finally saw that one spell did the most damage to a certain enemy. I guess casting random spells made my MP go down fast.

Norua

Banned
About the enemy interruption that only happened before battle's for me. I would cast my first spell on the enemy and the enemy would usually run past me, or I run too far from me and I end up getting interrupted. I didn't know about the fire magic but I just kept casting spells until I finally saw that one spell did the most damage to a certain enemy. I guess casting random spells made my MP go down fast.

You need to learn the Astral / Umbral system and use Transpose. You should never run out of MP. Also, the interruptions were annoying in Phase 2 but I don't see how it can a problem in Phase 3 since they're almost gone. Just don't move when you cast and avoid casted spells from ennemies and you should never be interrupted.

Dunan

Yes to both of those.

Wait; is that after we've created a character, or just one single time before the game goes live?

The Mrs. and were planning to have two separate characters, because we have separate tastes
she wants an effeminate-looking prettyboy Elezen with purple hair
, but if we can have the same character and change race/gender as often as we like, that would be kind of fun. Bizarre in a real world, but fun!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Wait; is that after we've created a character, or just one single time before the game goes live?

The Mrs. and were planning to have two separate characters, because we have separate tastes
she wants an effeminate-looking prettyboy Elezen with purple hair
, but if we can have the same character and change race/gender as often as we like, that would be kind of fun. Bizarre in a real world, but fun!

One time and I think it may only be for 1.x characters.

If anybody wants to rank their favorite races and classes, then by all means go ahead. This is just my personal one.

I find it hard to do so because at High levels it is more about taste and pace. But THM/BLM and LNC/DRG are certainly much more fun endgame because they devastate certain creatures. And the high end BLM spells are always fun to watch.

Legacy servers (or Sargatanas) is kinda sad compared to fresh servers. I mean in the amount of people, let's hope it fills later.

Is there a FC company on Sargatanas?.

Picking a class while importing a 1.0 character, does that just determine your starting city and gear? Do you not get anything from 1.0 during beta?

mackaveli

What's there to do after you beat Ifrit and get a Chocobo?

Is there any instances higher level than Ifrit that you can do in the beta???

Ravidrath

I may be forgetting something, but do we know if Arcanist will be in Phase 4?

Since we have to pick a starting nation and class, it seems like it could be fun to pick Arcanist and start from Level 1.

Qvoth

My Final Class Fun Analysis List:
Archer > Marauder > Gladiator > Lancer > Puglist > Conjurer > Thaumaturge

Archer and marauder have got to be the funnest classes I've used. The archer is so mobile, doesn't get interrupted with attacks, and because they can move around a lot I was killing lvl 12 enemies when i was lvl 6. Black mage I didn't like at all because the spells took too long to cast, I kept getting interrupted while casting spells because of the enemy, and I usually had to pull out all my arsenal to kill an enemy with empty MP half the time in multiple battle's.
dude... as thm you're supposed to use the transpose, if you ran out of mana as thm you're doing it wrong
i was lnc in beta 2 and thm in this beta, thm is definitely more fun

Heysoos

Can someone give me a rundown on how roles actually work? (tank/dps/healers)

I see people announcing for certain roles, but I'm not quite sure how they work or how to become a certain role. Where can I read up on this or can someone explain?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What are the XP options when leveling other war and magic classes? How much harder will it be to level them to cap without the main story XP?

Will our character creation saves be available for Phase 4?
I just found out myself. It's saved on your computer in your documents/my games/FFXIVARR folder. The files look like FFXIV_CHARA_BETA01.dat,FFXIV_CHARA_BETA02.dat, and so on.

BlackJace

Does everyone have a good idea about what class they're going to run during the final version?

I'm stuck between Lancer and Thaumaturge.

dude... as thm you're supposed to use the transpose, if you ran out of mana as thm you're doing it wrong
i was lnc in beta 2 and thm in this beta, thm is definitely more fun

This is my personal list so personally I found it not fun to play. I'm just not a magic person and really dislike standing still casting magic. I tried the class out again because of what ppl told me but still found it not fun. I kept my MP up and I was dealing more damage but just still didn't like it. I still believe personally that white mage is funner only because I like buffing up the other players and healing them, and the spells do enough damage to enemy's that it's bearable.

I'm more of a mobile up close and personal player which is probably why I don't enjoy the class. I like archer because I'm always moving and dishing out damage and putting status effects on the enemies. Gladiator and Marauder both tear the enemy to pieces without barely trying and can be quite tanky with the HP too.

With a game like this with good controller support I just don't like not moving around a lot. It's just my personal pet peeve with the class so to each their own.

So how is PvP going to work in the game?

Something similar to WoW's arena will be available in Phase 4 while something similar to DaoC's RvR will be available in patch 2.3 (YoshiP was a huge fan of that game).

Frankly I'm super excited about the pvp, although I'm not sure how balanced everything will be.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, if we bring back our old character is the world permanent? Everything now goes into the real game when it comes out right?

Also, I thought we were able to redesign our old characters if we wanted to...

Ravidrath

So, if we bring back our old character is the world permanent? Everything now goes into the real game when it comes out right?

Also, I thought we were able to redesign our old characters if we wanted to...

No, no progress is being saved until Phase 4, which won't be until shortly before the retail version of the game launches.

And when the retail game is out you'll be able to redesign your character, yes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
No, no progress is being saved until Phase 4, which won't be until shortly before the retail version of the game launches.

And when the retail game is out you'll be able to redesign your character, yes.

So, no way to take my old character onto the GAF server at this time then?

Either play with my old character or reroll on GAF server?

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to make a new character on the Legacy servers yet? Seems to be restricted still... I have a feeling it might be like that until next week.

Also a shame there doesn't seem to be a way to take screenshots on PS3 yet... or did someone figure something out?

Ravidrath

So, no way to take my old character onto the GAF server at this time then?

Either play with my old character or reroll on GAF server?

Yeah, Legacy characters won't be allowed to migrate off of Legacy servers for like 6 months after launch. But you can transfer to another Legacy server.

If you're on Sargatanas you can always play with us! Or transfer there if not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, Legacy characters won't be allowed to migrate off of Legacy servers for like 6 months after launch. But you can transfer to another Legacy server.

If you're on Sargatanas you can always play with us! Or transfer there if not.

How would I transfer my Legacy character there? I didn't see any option for it.

My character is looking like she just got her outfit straight out of a 90s comic book.

ffxiv_2013_06_22_01_39_03_60_by_silentpixel-d6a3yx2.png

Teknoman

Kinda overwhelming having all your skills at once again, not to mention setting every thing on the cross hotbar. It does help you to memorize what action does what though. Think im going to roll with Paladin for tank and Monk for damage atm, especially since changing forms is pretty fun.

Cross post:

So I ran into this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mirrorknight

ibbAP1i2bdThzv.png

Kinda overwhelming having all your skills at once again, not to mention setting every thing on the cross hotbar. It does help you to memorize what action does what though. Think im going to roll with Paladin for tank and Monk for damage atm, especially since changing forms is pretty fun.

Cross post:

So I ran into this:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mirrorknight

ibbAP1i2bdThzv.png

FF12 enemy, would be nice if we got the Hunts system from FF12 as well.

Teknoman

Found this in the other thread, everyone with characters from before Dalamud, check your necks:

irYH610LtzOod.png

Better not have to complete a focus...

Ravidrath

so open beta starts next weekend? (phase 4) I read that somewhere on here...

No, open beta starts in August.

Next week is Round 3 of Phase 3, which will have stress testing on the Duty Finder.

Found this in the other thread, everyone with characters from before Dalamud, check your necks:

irYH610LtzOod.png

Better not have to complete a focus...

I'm not a fan, so I'm quite happy about /lmark off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom