• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they make Duty, Honor, and Country easier? I just beat it as a PUG and it was completely easy. Nothing even used poison, and while I had the mage and the gargoyle out the mage just sat there and literally did nothing while I killed the Gargoyle

Jijidasu

Had some fun poking around today:

Highlight was Brayflox's Longstop instance in La Noscea (Lv32). It's quite hard, we didn't wipe but we had a couple deaths and then it was just luck to finish the job.

YoXRoOA.jpg

I like the GSM artefact.

fcVD7NX.jpg

Refined my settings for beauty-mode. (Locked at 30FPS with 1440p, 4X SGSSAA and SweetFX with 39 levels of FXAA)

sA8S2Ei.jpg

JOJwBBd.jpg

eF3i2iU.jpg

Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer
The Copyright Material is provided ‘as is.’ Square Enix does not make any representations or warranties regarding the Copyright Material. Any use by you shall be at your own risk.

Xux

Black Mage AF looks so cool. Once you notice the stripes it just comes right together.

I'd be one if I didn't suck at it; that level 10 quest against those Efts was crazy.

I tried everything I could to play yesterday, but no success. After changing my DNS to Google, I can now login, but disconnect with error 90000 after one or two minutes :(

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I tried everything I could to play yesterday, but no success. After changing my DNS to Google, I can now login, but disconnect with error 90000 after one or two minutes :(

That's your ISP blocking the game.

That's your ISP blocking the game.
This is weird. It worked fine last week.

Now the weirdest part: if I alt-tab from the game in fullscreen, spend some time elsewhere and then go back to the game, it looks like it worked fine while I was away: everyone moved, new messages appear in the chat box and the Received status has a high number. As soon as I'm back in the game, it stops receiving.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
On what day can I create a character on this game that does not get deleted?

I logged in a few days ago to run around and see how everything runs. I don't want to actually play until my character is permanent.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
On what day can I create a character on this game that does not get deleted?

I logged in a few days ago to run around and see how everything runs. I don't want to actually play until my character is permanent.

During phase 4, which is going to be sometime in August. There isn't a set date yet.

I do agree it is a bit depressing knowing that our characters will be wiped, but this is still a very good chance to preview the game and get used to the mechanics nice and early which will save you a bit of time once you start your "real" character.

On that note I am done with quests and leveling for this phase, I'll probably have a little play around tomorrow and then again next week to test out the duty finder but... bring on phase 4!!

Azzurri

Question about gear diversity.

Does everyone look the exact same at end game? Just like vanilla wow everyone who raided all had the same gear and I hated that. At least armor dye would help a bit.

Jinko

Did they make Duty, Honor, and Country easier? I just beat it as a PUG and it was completely easy. Nothing even used poison, and while I had the mage and the gargoyle out the mage just sat there and literally did nothing while I killed the Gargoyle

Nah seemed the same, its chance that you get hit by poison or not, sometimes you dodge it, mage doesn't do anything unless you attack him.

If you do attack him you won't survive anyway.

Ifrit defeated!

Damn those floor textures ><

Riposte

Still deciding if I start a new char or continue with my old one.

Also, I hate the fact that they downgraded the marauders from pirates to oranges growers ;.;

Yeah... Marauders got robbed. Their guild was on a fucking pirate ship. Why do you do this yoshi-p? But seriously: I don't like how they stripped the away the class's unique identity and turned it into Wood Wailers-2 (which makes Wood Wailers less unique too).

Apparently what happened in the setting is that Limsa doesn't tolerate pirates anymore.

ZiZ

So how it with Legacy players? You able to find things to do? Making new characters? Just curious.

I went through the Beta story quest. lots of missions to do, lots of dungeons to try. currently exploring the new world, still using my old character.
I can't wait for launch.

Jinko

If you want an invite to GatheredAgianstFate (Sargatanas)

Message Eight Corova, I won't be on much today and tomorrow.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I made this thread about actual Legacy server population compared to fresh servers, might be a bit soon to talk about this matter, but it seemed to me more relevant that talking for the 1000007 time about the battle system.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/55461-Legacy-vs-Fresh-server-population-a-problem

Ignore it if you think it's a silly concern.;)

I'm wondering about this issue myself but until we can get new people in the old servers it's kinda hard to tell.

LowParry

I'm wondering about this issue myself but until we can get new people in the old servers it's kinda hard to tell.

I don't think we'll really know till Phase 4 starts. By the time they do let people on Legacy in Phase 3, people are not going to care. And that is a bit concerning. Decisions decisions.

LowParry

Well it's been an extremely fun journey so far. Though I think I'm at the point of where and what I need to do with things. So it's best I stop putting work into what I know will be erased and wait for Phase 4. The puddings always crack me up though.

So long Dark Elf. You were an awesome caster and I wish you the best! However...

The new star of the show is about to start :D

Jinko

I don't think we'll really know till Phase 4 starts. By the time they do let people on Legacy in Phase 3, people are not going to care. And that is a bit concerning. Decisions decisions.

Don't think it matters for phase 3 as we are being reset anyway, as long as the restriction isn't in place at the start of phase 4 I don't see a problem.

Plus content finder will help a lot if you find yourself short on players. (I hope)

ZeroEdge

OK GAF this is bad..I've spent my whole day going between a couple Characters on this game and I'm scared....between this and New Leaf I've wasted 90% of my day with out realizing it lol. I want to play more but I know I shouldn't as the characters are wiped until Phase 4....I may just have to get this come August...

Munba

Jijidasu, about Coerthas and Mordhona, seeing the Achievements there are 19 aetherythe for Coerthas and 4 for Mordhona. So i presume Coerthas is composed by 4-5 areas as well and Mordhona 1 or 2.

Oh and i noticed fishes swimming in the ocean finally lol. Hope they'll add other fauna life as well.

Teknoman

OK GAF this is bad..I've spent my whole day going between a couple Characters on this game and I'm scared....between this and New Leaf I've wasted 90% of my day with out realizing it lol. I want to play more but I know I shouldn't as the characters are wiped until Phase 4....I may just have to get this come August...

Embrace it :p lol its the weekend.

EDIT: I guess they could always do a server merge or allow legacy character transfers if it came down to that. Right now i'm just exploring and getting used to Paladin again. I like Pugilist/Monk much more than any other class aside from Paladin (still not too thrilled with great axes).

LowParry

One of us :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Between last week and this week: I'm almost 15 on Pugulist, I messed around with goldsmithing, mining, fates, guildleves, actually reading all quest text, and a spell class. Thuramaeter or whatever, lol. I went exploring a bit too.

I still have to test the other classes to pick a main class. And the level 15 dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom