• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

Apparently there's a virulently homophobic thread on the beta forums, so I just advertised RD and GAF as a safe, open-minded LS on there.

Riposte

I made a thread complaining about some of the weird differences between male and female armor sets, namely Dragoon. It was a lot of patient arguing from my side and nothing too crazy going on on either side and it reached 7 or 8 pages. However now it is a completely gone from my history and I can't find it on search. I think a mod deleted it, which is awkward...

Alex

It's pretty eye-opening that a lot of those people still exist in the world..

By the truckload, sadly.

The best guild/group/whatever I've ever had in a game was this LBGT friendly one back in WoW a few years ago. Such an amazing bunch. Kind, super considerate and hilarious. Very much miss that group.

Occasional stories they'd tell and random harassment they'd get though, I'll never understand some people.

Jinko

Why are the new thread counts for the beta forum limited to 750 characters? =/

You can make a small post and then edit it to have as many characters as you like.

Is there anything for Radeon which can force AA or downsampling ?

I made a thread complaining about some of the weird differences between male and female armor sets, namely Dragoon. It was a lot of patient arguing from my side and nothing too crazy going on on either side and it reached 7 or 8 pages. However now it is a completely gone from my history and I can't find it on search. I think a mod deleted it, which is awkward...

Haha yea I have had a few threads up and vanish like that too, mods change their jobs to Ninja on a regular basis.

Bento

Don't think there's a begging thread for this so I'll ask here; Does anyone have a PS3 beta key to spare? Won't be back at my student room where my computer is until late August :(

A question while I'm at it, will we be able to change the appearence and name of our legacy characters? Would like to play as a Roegadyn but don't want to lose my Gobbue horn :I

ebil

A question while I'm at it, will we be able to change the appearence and name of our legacy characters? Would like to play as a Roegadyn but don't want to lose my Gobbue horn :I
Yes, you will be able to change your appearance, race, and name when the game is released.

mojo2

Neo Member
Hmph. Why do they send me Beta email even though I never got beta key :S "Click here to read beta forums" etc.

Oh I'd like to, I would.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gearing up for launch. Been digging the Beta so much that I'm totally sold on sticking with this mmo for a good year or so... elder scrolls online may steal me away when that's available, but we'll see.

But my current keyboad and mouse just doesn't cut it... Decided on a Corsair K70 and Logitech G700s. Not sure what i'll do with all these mouse buttons... but it should be more intuitive than my previous gaming keyboard with all of its Gkeys I never used

Anway is Ultros confirmed for post-Beta server of choice for all non-legacy players? Or is that still undecided until Beta ends?

Gearing up for launch. Been digging the Beta so much that I'm totally sold on sticking with this mmo for a good year or so... elder scrolls online may steal me away when that's available, but we'll see.

But my current keyboad and mouse just doesn't cut it... Decided on a Corsair K70 and Logitech G700s. Not sure what i'll do with all these mouse buttons... but it should be more intuitive than my previous gaming keyboard with all of its Gkeys I never used

Anway is Ultros confirmed for post-Beta server of choice for all non-legacy players? Or is that still undecided until Beta ends?

Ultros will continue to be our server of choice at launch. It's important to make the distinction that non-legacy players can also join legacy servers like Sargatanas. Check the OP for the difference between the two.

scotcheggz

Does anyone want to trade an NA Phase 3 BETA code for an EU one? Well, possibly I might not have to, what do you guys think of this situation: I have an NA BETA key, but my friend who will use it will buy the game in the EU, so will need to make another EU account then right? Do you think this is going to cause any trouble? I can't see any problem but I'm not 100%

NinjaJesus

Does anyone want to trade an NA Phase 3 BETA code for an EU one? Well, possibly I might not have to, what do you guys think of this situation: I have an NA BETA key, but my friend who will use it will buy the game in the EU, so will need to make another EU account then right? Do you think this is going to cause any trouble? I can't see any problem but I'm not 100%

Sent you a PM.

Jinko

You don't think the subject material had anything to do with it, do you?

Well depends on what was said, mods will delete a thread sometimes if people are overly disruptive or abusive, other times they will just lock it.

@ Zee-Row the majority of English speaking Legacy GAF will be on Sargatanas.

Riposte

Maybe we should adjust the title to include a small notice that legacy players should switch to Sargatanas (NA/EU) or Durandal (JP) to join legacy GAF.

I'm quite excited for the OT... ebil and I have something quite special cooking up.

Jijidasu

Maybe we should adjust the title to include a small notice that legacy players should switch to Sargatanas (NA/EU) or Durandal (JP) to join legacy GAF.

I'm quite excited for the OT... ebil and I have something quite special cooking up.

Yeah, maybe something like "World transfers open now: see OP for details"

[Edit] Meanwhile in Gustaberg:
uX2IyU2.jpg

Nexas

Got a PS3 key, but at the rate things are going my PS3 will probably burst into flames before it finishes downloading.

Alex

If anyone still needs a PS3 code, you can PM me, I have a spare. Only one though, so if anyone does need it, it is first come first serve.

Ultimatum

Banned
Shit do I need a new key for this beta? I played phase 3, do I not get access to this new one?

edit: didn't realise servers don't open for another 9 hours.

Playing on Ultros again?

theta11

Shit do I need a new key for this beta? I played phase 3, do I not get access to this new one?

edit: didn't realise servers don't open for another 9 hours.

Playing on Ultros again?

It's all Phase 3, It happens over the course of several weekends. I'm not sure though what weekend will be the last.

A lot of people are still playing on Ultros but some Legacy players are playing with their 1.0 characters on Sargatanas.

Looks like Duty Finder which was supposed to be available this weekend has been postponed.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Was probably the only thing I was looking forward to testing this weekend.

Zee-Row

Banned
So I finally downloaded the beta on PS3 since I finally got a code and after downloading everything I get the message , "Please wait until next beta test" :(

Xux

Just set your pc version to 576p+fullscreen(to get that nice sub hd feeling,) along with all settings at low, maybe limit your fps to 20-30 and voila.
Hey, that's about what I run the PC version at! Maybe I should upgrade to the PS3 version!
So I finally downloaded the beta on PS3 since I finally got a code and after downloading everything I get the message , "Please wait until next beta test" :(
Ooh, nice that they finally changed it from "undefined"!

Teknoman

For some reason, I feel like I should go with a less traditional hair color this time around. Honestly, probably wouldnt be anything but white, but then i'd probably just look old lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom