• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaaire

Neo Member
One of my biggest gripes with this game is the loading screen time/frequency (ps3). Anyone playing the PC beta using an SSD? If so, how fast are your loading screens?

omlet

One of my biggest gripes with this game is the loading screen time/frequency (ps3). Anyone playing the PC beta using an SSD? If so, how fast are your loading screens?

Some were quick, some weren't. First log-in load screen actually takes a while but after that zoning is pretty quick for me on an SSD. I can post some non-scientific test numbers tomorrow if you like. Rather than seconds, I may measure in MDL units: Moogle Dropped Letters.

solaaire

Neo Member
Haha sweet! I don't think I'll be picking it up for PS3 after all then... Don't think I could go back to those load times after experiencing the quick loads on an SSD.

On an unrelated note, do 1.0 non-legacy owners automatically get early access?

Xux

I wonder why the menus aren't blue.
Haha sweet! I don't think I'll be picking it up for PS3 after all then... Don't think I could go back to those load times after experiencing the quick loads on an SSD.

On an unrelated note, do 1.0 non-legacy owners automatically get early access?
Nope. Just legacy and pre-orders do.

Has it been confirmed yet that we will be able to resize UI elements when the game is released? Would be awesome if I didn't have to play in 720p just to see the UI on my tv. D;

Jijidasu

Has it been confirmed yet that we will be able to resize UI elements when the game is released? Would be awesome if I didn't have to play in 720p just to see the UI on my tv. D;

Yes it's been confirmed. I think phase 4 will introduce the ability to resize all UI widgets.

Riposte

I'm getting an error trying to patch stuff:

[11005] [20879]

Some guy on "gamebreaker tv" who hated the 1.0 so much he smashed the disc was saying how much he loved the beta. Too bad he assumes 1.0 never got better and more or less calls people who were still playing it idiots lol. Anyway I see this winning over the press, at least the ones who can get over the fact is a very standard MMO.

ZiZ

I probably won't be able to play much this week.
I hope I at least get to try some of the higher level dungeons and guildhests.

Napophis

Since 1.0 accounts will be getting 2 free weeks to play at launch, does anyone know if buying the game adds the free month on top of that for a total of 6 weeks?

Xux

Since 1.0 accounts will be getting 2 free weeks to play at launch, does anyone know if buying the game adds the free month on top of that for a total of 6 weeks?
Buying the PS3 version will give you the 30 days of a new account but I dunno if it'll stack with the Welcome Back two weeks.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I just made a photo!

aTYUkLF.jpg

GAMERG0D

I'm downloading the PS3 beta for this and I have never played XI or XIV before, so I have no idea what to expect. Hoping it's good... why they made another online FF I'll never know.

frequency

I'm downloading the PS3 beta for this and I have never played XI or XIV before, so I have no idea what to expect. Hoping it's good... why they made another online FF I'll never know.

Because FFXI is the best Final Fantasy game and one of the best games ever.
But it's pretty old now.

Manu

Anyone else got download issues?

I went to bed last night and left the game downloading, hoping to install it this morning.

When I woke up there was an error message saying "unable to download patch files", and it had only downloaded 900 MB.

BadWolf

Got a PS3 code to my surprise (it went to freaking junk mail too, which I checked because i was bored). My first MMO hehe.

That character creation is so nice compared to other games, the female character I created looks so pretty. Went with an archer.

Went through the set up and played about 15 min, very nice looking game but the whole time i couldn't help but feel how much I wanted this to be a single player FF (especially since it looks so similar to FF12).

Can't say I'm a fan of the UI filled screen.

Just doing the 2nd basic quest in town so far, will delve deeper when I get home today.

The game/subscription is a little to pricey for me so don't think I'll get the full product but this should be a nice taste of things.

mackaveli

No,we now have a linkshell and a free Company going on there...about new stuff,didn't they ad the Fate synch thing now so if you are highere you can lower your level to still get exp out of it...?

That's always been in the beta 3 phase 1.

I don't think they added anything new in phase 3. Duty finder was suppose to be in this weekend but won't be until phase 4.

Windam

Scaley member
Finally got into the beta. It's much improved over Legacy, or at least Legacy's beta. Still looks stunning, though. Here's hoping it's
really
good!
Name's Harvey Specter on Ultros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom