• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
I'm finally In! Gonna gear myself up just like i did in FFXI

Username: Shidosha
Character Name: Shidosha LeFlyguy
Server: Ultros

Zee-Row

Banned
I see that I can use my FFXIV 1.0 character in this beta with all my original weapons and items , does that mean that anything I do here is gonna carry over to the final game?

I see that I can use my FFXIV 1.0 character in this beta with all my original weapons and items , does that mean that anything I do here is gonna carry over to the final game?

It will all be erased at the end of phase 3.

When you access your 1.0 character in phase 4, the things you do will stay, as they are not planning on wiping during phase 4.

I might be mistaken, but the current phase of the beta is only to test the data import from 1.0 into ARR, nothing will be permanent. At the beginning of phase 4, your character will be re-imported from 1.0 again, and that will carry on to the release.

Whogie

Did they offer the ability to change Legacy character appearance during this beta?

I just logged in with my Legacy character and it never prompted me to change appearance. So I logged out and deleted my character hoping it would let me re-import or something. It did not.

I'm hopeful my character will become available again in Beta 4.

Ravidrath

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06...her-koji-fox-discusses-localization-and-lore/

Michael-Christopher Koji a.k.a. Fernehalwes interview. I think he is one of SE's best people and is a significant reason I played and play FFXI and FFXIV respectively.

I've gotten to know him a bit through all the XI and XIV interviews I've done over the years, and he's also just a super-awesome dude.

And apparently he has a big fanbase in Japan for just being white and ridiculous?

Loving how my badass came out.

9162570796_7627c0c5b7_o.png

9162567828_ba65cffbbb_o.png

9160343531_c57f83012f_o.png

Reached level 15 with my Lancer.

Name: Maximilien Shimada
Server: Ultros

The lack of area attacks and not so worthy range kills me! But I'm loving it.

Anybody know how to adjust the screen size on the PS3 version? Overscan terrible on all sides on my TV. Can't seem to find display settings that will fix this... anybody?

Miche

Neo Member
Anybody know how to adjust the screen size on the PS3 version? Overscan terrible on all sides on my TV. Can't seem to find display settings that will fix this... anybody?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/53069-For-Users-Participating-in-the-PlayStation-3-Beta-Test?p=775320&viewfull=1#post775320

That's really all they have about fixing it right now, but I'm not sure if that would help or not. You can also go to the Menus screen and under System there's the HUD layout that you can play around moving things, but even when I did that it felt a bit scrunched together =/

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/53069-For-Users-Participating-in-the-PlayStation-3-Beta-Test?p=775320&viewfull=1#post775320

That's really all they have about fixing it right now, but I'm not sure if that would help or not. You can also go to the Menus screen and under System there's the HUD layout that you can play around moving things, but even when I did that it felt a bit scrunched together =/

Yeah, I just saw that page, and some other suggestions about moving hud elements manually. Bit scary because I was really looking forward to this game, but if they don't even have simple solution for overscan... (like almost every other modern game's screen adjustments & options.) Not a good sign.

Looks like a lot of people have the same problem on the beta forums. Hope they add an overall screen adjustment option, or at least pipe up on the forums saying they're "on it."

Jinko

Yeah, I just saw that page, and some other suggestions about moving hud elements manually. Bit scary because I was really looking forward to this game, but if they don't even have simple solution for overscan... (like almost every other modern game's screen adjustments & options.) Not a good sign.

Looks like a lot of people have the same problem on the beta forums. Hope they add an overall screen adjustment option, or at least pipe up on the forums saying they're "on it."

Isn't overscan the TV's fault though, do you not have settings like fit to screen / 1:1 pixel mapping etc on your TV/monitor.

I am sure by phase 4 there will be something there as many people are having this issue.

Riposte

Some of the NM fates with less than 6-8 are alright, but I doubt people will go after them much if there is no real difference between fates.

Where are the level 50 fates? Want to do some.

Jinko

Some of the NM fates with less than 6-8 are alright, but I doubt people will go after them much if there is no real difference between fates.

I think the best way for SE to do NM's in this game is through guildhest, anyone who hasn't tried it yet should give it a go, the later ones are really cool.

It's small scale Skirmish battles similar to 1.0.

Xux

Probably in Coerthas and Mor Dhona. I haven't even seen any level 50 monsters but I just went to the O'Ghomoro Mines to explore.

Isn't overscan the TV's fault though, do you not have settings like fit to screen / 1:1 pixel mapping etc on your TV/monitor.

I am sure by phase 4 there will be something there as many people are having this issue.

Every other PS3 game I'm currently playing, and have ever played, fits the TV fine. Many games have a "screen adjust" where you can scale the game to the screen if slightly overscan is a problem.

FFXIV's way over all sides to the point where you're missing information - the problem lies with them and they'll need a fix stat. Finger's crossed.

Ravidrath

What is going on there?

I don't go in there, but here are the highlights I've gotten from a friend:

- Everyone is a homophobic asshole
- Everyone is complaining that they spam skills, but simultaneously complaining that you can't do this because you'll run out of TP

Mature

I'm not at all surprised at getting a headache, I just momentarily forgot that the official forums were the way they were.

Ravidrath

I'm not at all surprised at getting a headache, I just momentarily forgot that the official forums were the way they were.

I had the same problem in 1.x.

I'd be like "Oh, hey, I have a thing I should say on the official forums!" I'd go post it, be appalled by the rampant and virulent stupidity, and then leave vowing never to return.

A short while later, I'd forget how bad it was and try again.

I did this 3-4 times before it finally sunk in that one should never, ever go there under any circumstance.

Jijidasu

Image time!

Representing the FC at the "usual spot".
rnsCUf1.jpg

0wNrpC8.jpg

These Lalafell, lol.

Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer
The Copyright Material is provided ‘as is.’ Square Enix does not make any representations or warranties regarding the Copyright Material. Any use by you shall be at your own risk.

meep!

Neo Member
Hey guys, been very much out of the loop regarding the betas of this game. I played the original 1.0 game as some of you know. Was in like the first ARR beta I think, or maybe it was alpha, can't remember.

Anyway, when I try to login to the beta forum it gives me the following message "You could not log in because that service account has been cancelled."

I'm not quite sure what they mean with this. Do I have to re-apply to the beta? (I did that just incase a week back or so) but I thought 1.0 players got into this automaticly?

Jijidasu

Haha, why do you post the copyright info on every image post? :p

The JP reps made a big deal about it, they didn't say you'll get banned or whatever but they insinuated trouble, that's Foxclon for you though. I know a couple reps use this forum, too. Just being cautious lol.

That and I don't want to lose my Curtana :(

Ravidrath

The JP reps made a big deal about it, they didn't say you'll get banned or whatever but they insinuated trouble, that's Foxclon for you though. I know a couple reps use this forum, too. Just being cautious lol.

That and I don't want to lose my Curtana :(

...Man, how very Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom