• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc07

I think I'm done. Phase 4 pls. :/

ffxiv_20130629_210128y0e7j.png

Eh, the weapons still fulfill the same role as far as I can see: better than crafted weapons but not as good as primal weapons.

I'm sure they were better than most primal weapons except Garuda ones. They had better DPS at least.

Edit: Yeah, they had better DPS and a worthwhile bonus effect. Right now Primal weapons are much much better.

Ravidrath

What are these primal weapons you speak of and how does one acquire them?

Primals are what the big summons are called - Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, etc. There are endgame boss battles against them, which drop great weapons for every class.

It looks, BTW, that all the Primal weapons now are more or less the same tier, just with different stat focuses.

Caerith

Primals are what the big summons are called - Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, etc. There are endgame boss battles against them, which drop great weapons for every class.

It looks, BTW, that all the Primal weapons now are more or less the same tier, just with different stat focuses.
So these are additional fights that come after the story mission? Because I'd really love to have an Ifrit Bow at level 20.

Teknoman

After running around Thanalan, La Noscea looks really nice now. Surprising how different it looks compared to Thanalan and the Shroud. Also since when did Mamool'ja buy sausages?

I'll post some shots later.

I see what they were going for with FATE NMs. Kinda cool to wander across some people fighting a giant monster, and then join in. Only normal party sized groups though...no crazy horde of people unless its a full scale battle of sorts.

Ravidrath

Nice. The story battle was pretty fun. I imagine at some point they let you go in with more than 4 people?

Yeah, pretty much all endgame stuff is 8 people.

And, from the looks of it, you're going to need Primal weapons to have a shot at higher-end content.

Right now it looks like the weapon order would be...

Crafted -> Grand Company -> Primal -> Relic -> Crystal Tower -> Bahamut

Ravidrath

Did they say if you can load in Phase 4 a character design created in Phase 3? (just the appareance)

I don't think they've specifically confirmed this, but the files are kept in your Documents/My Games folder for later use.

So unless they arbitrarily decide to change the file format weeks before launch, I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Ferr986

I don't think they've specifically confirmed this, but the files are kept in your Documents/My Games folder for later use.

So unless they arbitrarily decide to change the file format weeks before launch, I think it's a pretty safe bet.

Thanks. Didnt know it was saved on your pc.

Jinko

So level 80 crafted weapons will be as good as Primal Weapons, lol.

Yea stats are based on item level not equipped level.

Not sure if there is or if they plan crafted weapons above item level 50 though ? (I haven't seen the pre relic weapons in game yet)

Caerith

So, what's the roadmap from 20 to 50 look like? I mean, for the stuff in the beta at least, we had:

1 - tutorial
10 - job change
15 - airship pass, first dungeons, dye
20 - first primal, grand company, chocobo

Is there more stuff along the way, or is it just grinding all the way to 50?

Jinko

A lot of items Item Level is the same as their equip level, though, including my level 47 crafted weapons. Seems kinda random according to the datamined/in game stuff.
It was mostly a joke, though.

Only items above lvl 50 have a higher item level such as Primals weapon, I guess they will still have some use even when they increase the level cap.

Unfinished Bravura is item lvl 50 which is crafted, Bravura is 95 which is Relic, I assume the highest class weapon in the game at the moment.

Xux

Only items above lvl 50 have a higher item level
AF is higher, too. As is the level 1 ring you get from the intro. I believe the pre-order/CE items are, as well.
So, what's the roadmap from 20 to 50 look like? I mean, for the stuff in the beta at least, we had:

1 - tutorial
10 - job change

There's five more Primals, more story, and more dungeons, at least.

Munba

The lv15 story cutscene is awesome.. very FF4-esque. And that 'red-armored villain' is really cool.

Like much Guildhest as well.

Riposte

I recall hearing that gear stats are incomplete. I really hope so, because gear and (overall) stats in this game is on the dull side. They seemingly removed stat mods and the utility of secondary stats (unless you use shield?) and simplified the extended stat list. Each piece of gear basically covers what you want by the different one or two points from your last piece (materia only adding a little more on top of that). I think crit rate up vs skill speed was the only semi-interesting choice I saw. With stats like these, I would hope for a lot of "enhance specific action" stuff on gear.

If I'm correct STR is the only important base stat for Dragoon.

Caerith

Mmmh terrible?
Terrible.

I recall hearing that gear stats are incomplete. I really hope so, because gear and (overall) stats in this game is on the dull side. They seemingly removed stat mods and the utility of secondary stats (unless you use shield?) and simplified the extended stat list. Each piece of gear basically covers what you want by the different one or two points from your last piece (materia only adding a little more on top of that). I think crit rate up vs skill speed was the only semi-interesting choice I saw. With stats like these, I would hope for a lot of "enhance specific action" stuff on gear.

If I'm correct STR is the only important base stat for Dragoon.
I'm underwhelmed with the stat descriptions in the manual. DEX is the only stat an Archer needs? You'd think STR would be used for damage (bows with high draw weights) and DEX for accuracy.

But I suspect those stat descriptions aren't complete. My main is an Archer, and I was convinced that the Accuracy stat didn't do anything because I never, ever missed. Then I switched to Gladiator and was whiffing like crazy. Maybe DEX is a 2:1 on Accuracy like it was in FFXI?

LowParry

Hmm. Been looking over my character's gear. I've gone with single piece items (legs and chest piece) that don't allow me to use feet and head types of gear. In the long run is it better to fill in all slots with gear? Obviously the materia thing can add much more with the gear I have (which I plan on heavily working on as I level).

http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3187958/

And the lodestone doesn't show the real gear graphics. Booo.

Ravidrath

Yea stats are based on item level not equipped level.

Not sure if there is or if they plan crafted weapons above item level 50 though ? (I haven't seen the pre relic weapons in game yet)

I don't think crafting is just going to stop dead at level 50. I would just imagine at that point we get into the business of getting mats from bosses which must be crafted into something good.

Also, the pre-Relic item levels are 80, which I guess puts them on-par with Primal weapons. Probably the intended difference is that you can customize them with materia to get the stats you want, or risk getting even better stuff with more risk.

Ravidrath

1 - tutorial
10 - job change

Class quests give you abilities, and then there's job quests which give you abilities and your artifact armor.

There will be at least two more primal battles in the main storyline, too: Titan and Garuda. And I'd imagine that Ramuh and any others will be put in there eventually, as well.

For new people about to play the game I would not try a Gladiator as your first class, its a boring class early on, just pressing two buttons for the most part. Almost fell asleep trying to level it up.

zeitgeist

Class quests give you abilities, and then there's job quests which give you abilities and your artifact armor.

There will be at least two more primal battles in the main storyline, too: Titan and Garuda. And I'd imagine that Ramuh and any others will be put in there eventually, as well.

They mention Leviathan which the Sahagin worship in a cut scene too. The don't mention the 2nd Primal for the Ul Dah beastmen though :(

Ravidrath

They mention Leviathan which the Sahagin worship in a cut scene too. The don't mention the 2nd Primal for the Ul Dah beastmen though :(

Yeah, I'm sure Leviathan will show up at some point, too.

The only one we know of that doesn't have a beast tribe yet is Shiva.

Also curious to see if they integrate Good King Moggle Mog into the storyline this time around. He was a side mission only in 1.x.

Does Uldah even have a second beast tribe? I can't recall any besides the Amalja.

Just the Amal'jaa.

Since Coerthas is apparently now frozen over, I expect we'll see a new beast tribe move in there to bring Shiva in.

Hopefully Shiva's beast tribe makes more sense than the Sylphs and Ramuh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom