• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch

Creepy dude.
ffxiv2013-07-1414-41-15-47.png

Anyone had extreme latency problems in the past few days? I had perfect connection to the server at the start of phase 3 so I started to think it was just the increase in people however when playing with a friend he said he had no lag at all. I'm talking received packets hitting up to 5k kind of lag. Was impossible to participate in the dungeon at all.

Couldn't find much on the forums, though it's a bit hard to find anything on there now.

Mine hasn't been that bad.. but I've definitely spent a lot of time in the R 3k range during the last couple of weeks. I figured it was my ISP because I was getting the error 90000 non-stop last weekend and tethering to my ipad (verizon) offered a more stable connection...

dwix

Anyone had extreme latency problems in the past few days? I had perfect connection to the server at the start of phase 3 so I started to think it was just the increase in people however when playing with a friend he said he had no lag at all. I'm talking received packets hitting up to 5k kind of lag. Was impossible to participate in the dungeon at all.

Couldn't find much on the forums, though it's a bit hard to find anything on there now.

When I've lagged during this test, it has been far more noticeable than usual. But overall I haven't experienced it too much.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've used this time to really explore crafting and gathering. In doing so, I'm now concerned about starting fresh on a legacy server. Veteran players controlling the markets from the get go is something I'm not too hot on to be honest. =/

Xux

I've used this time to really explore crafting and gathering. In doing so, I'm now concerned about starting fresh on a legacy server. Veteran players controlling the markets from the get go is something I'm not too hot on to be honest. =/
Yeah, it'll probably take effort to compete.

I didn't even realize that regular mobs didn't drop shards/crystals anymore. Thousands, upon thousands of shards/crystal/clusters are about to be locked away from me until transfers open up for my legacy character. Saddens me...

If you're going to be a crafter and you are starting fresh you really should be on Ultros with us.

Kintaro

If you're going to be a crafter you really should be on Ultros with us.

At the very least, I will have an alt on Ultros. My girlfriend would really like to play with some of our old friends which have legacy 50s though. So... yeah. At the worst, I just play two characters and become a pure gatherer on the legacy one.

Azrael

That's why I'm going to start fresh on Ultros.

omlet

The thing to keep in mind is that legacy players with most classes at 50 aren't really going to be competing with you for low-mid level market share when there is a more profitable market at level cap.

Kintaro

The thing to keep in mind is that legacy players with most classes at 50 aren't really going to be competing with you for low-mid level market share when there is a more profitable market at level cap.

This could be true, I'm sure. Always profit to be made at all levels though. Still wary. =/

Who knows. Is why it's odd that we are avoiding the server with the other online gaming communities on it, but whatever.

Because they are all at level cap and have infinite money. It's Squenix's fault we are being split up like this to begin with. There should have been a better solution than just copy and pasting people's character from 1.0 to 2.0.

omlet

This could be true, I'm sure. Always profit to be made at all levels though. Still wary. =/

True, but you tell me... If you were max level on a server where the average player probably has at least a few hundred thousand gil and little to no need to spend it on leveling, would you be spending your time trying to scalp new players who don't have much money or would you be selling high level material and gear to the people with money to spend?

all [...] have infinite money

lol

erawsd

Because they are all at level cap and have infinite money. It's Squenix's fault we are being split up like this to begin with. There should have been a better solution than just copy and pasting people's character from 1.0 to 2.0.

I think he means going to the same new server as Reddit or Blue Gartr communities.

Jijidasu

Goddamnit, I posted in the other thread. I intended to post about the details from niconico last night. By the way, I think I seen someone refer to higeoyaji and Hiroyuki as devs, Hiroyuki is one of the founders of 2ch and niconico douga. Higeoyaji is kind of PR/自宅警備員

There's a higher setting for visual quality now, basically the maximum setting in P3 will be something like high settings in P4/release, or so it seems.

The new water being an example of this.

zxtv2H3.jpg

Hiroyuki also asked whether or not they'd be announcing the start of P4 during the next live letter, answer is yes and most people speculate the 9th (JST) start.

I think he means going to the same new server as Reddit or Blue Gartr communities.

I would want to be as far away as possible from the server that had Reddit on it. I'm not sure why you would want to be around Blue Gartr either. They won't let you play with them anyways.

I wonder what server 4chan will be on, or if there will even be a 4chan guild for this game.

Smokey

I forgot I signed up for this and randomly checked my secondary email account and had a code. Downloaded the benchmark in the mean time. Fully expected my system to be able to handle it with ease and it did. I got an average of 55 fps, 2560x1600, and max settings,. Going to start the client download now.

I've never really played a MMORPG before...where do things stand now with this beta? If I create a character will it transfer to the final game? Is there a tutorial section of any kind for new beginners like me?

omlet

I don't really keep up with either--where are they going server-wise for ARR?

I forgot I signed up for this and randomly checked my secondary email account and had a code. Downloaded the benchmark in the mean time. Fully expected my system to be able to handle it with ease and it did. I got an average of 55 fps, 2560x1600, and max settings,. Going to start the client download now.

I've never really played a MMORPG before...where do things stand now with this beta? If I create a character will it transfer to the final game? Is there a tutorial section of any kind for new beginners like me?

There's an in-game tutorial as well as informative posts by the reps on the beta forums. Please read the stuff there for testing schedules, getting started, game manual, etc.

This is phase 3 of beta so any characters you make will be wiped after this phase (which ends tonight).

Smokey

I don't really keep up with either--where are they going server-wise for ARR?

There's an in-game tutorial as well as informative posts by the reps on the beta forums. Please read the stuff there for testing schedules, getting started, game manual, etc.

This is phase 3 of beta so any characters you make will be wiped after this phase (which ends tonight).

Hm, thanks for the info. Guess I might as well wait until P4 before starting then?

Riposte

There is already a 4chan linkshell for FFXIV and they are on the same server as NeoGAF's - Sargatanas. Don't know if there will also be a new server linkshell from there.

Riposte

I'm pretty sure there are multiple Blue Gartr communities at this point, including the old school who splintered from the group back when WoW came out.

Welp, that's it for phase 3. Hasn't hit me yet but I will be in withdrawal for sure next week.

I didn't take a whole lot of pics this time but I got some good ones in the last couple days as I was getting sentimental about everything ending.
TltRFp0.jpg

uv8tSIo.jpg

E28fJFZ.jpg

nOQ8PTe.jpg

Carby! {found it!}

c4DP1zC.jpg

As everyone mentioned, The Sanctum of the Twelve is really beautiful.

BFpW9eE.jpg

But I think my favourite location I came across in my beta adventures was The Floating City of Nym. Absolutely breathtaking.

JL5ER5g.jpg

dJdFAtC.jpg

And, having fun, doing one last Cancer fight, and saying goodbye to everyone over at Cosa Del Sol. :)

7Mo1Lk0.jpg

NLvWdya.jpg

See you in Phase 4 everyone!

Ravidrath

I think mats and crystals are going to be a lot cheaper for a while on Legacy servers, though, which means it'll be easier and cheaper to level. And I think that means prices of crafted items will be lower for a while, too.

With Crystals only coming from Gathering classes, I think they're going to be expensive and in short supply on the new servers. Meanwhile, I have a few thousand of each element on me, like most legacy players. And with that glut of crystals in the market, that means Gatherers can spend their time collecting other materials.

Norua

Banned
Phase 3 was awesome. P4 can't come soon enough. At least in two weeks we'll be able to dick around with the new benchmark.

I'm going to miss my Milky Way.

8jcnboH.jpg

ZiZ

I'm willing to bet that in one month, a serious player starting from scratch can overtake most legacy players in both level and gil.

the players that have maxed everything are a very small minority. and I'm willing to wager most legacy players won't even have enough to buy a decent house when housing hits.

why is an established market such a turn off? there is nothing preventing you from entering the market. it's not like the high level players have a monopoly.
I didn't level any crafters in 1.0 but I intend to max out a few in ARR, and all I see is people with more money to spend on my wares.

Kintaro

I think mats and crystals are going to be a lot cheaper for a while on Legacy servers, though, which means it'll be easier and cheaper to level. And I think that means prices of crafted items will be lower for a while, too.

With Crystals only coming from Gathering classes, I think they're going to be expensive and in short supply on the new servers. Meanwhile, I have a few thousand of each element on me, like most legacy players. And with that glut of crystals in the market, that means Gatherers can spend their time collecting other materials.

Hmmm, you raise good points. Either way, I'm just going to horde everything I gather.

why is an established market such a turn off? there is nothing preventing you from entering the market. it's not like the high level players have a monopoly.
I didn't level any crafters in 1.0 but I intend to max out a few in ARR, and all I see is people with more money to spend on my wares.

In XI, the JP players controlled damn near everything for a good two years (or more on some servers). On paper, I'm not a fan.

I would want to be as far away as possible from the server that had Reddit on it. I'm not sure why you would want to be around Blue Gartr either. They won't let you play with them anyways.

I wonder what server 4chan will be on, or if there will even be a 4chan guild for this game.

After looking around for a bit looks like;

NeoGAF (New) - Ultros
NeoGAF (Legacy) - Sargatanas (NA) Durandal (JP)

BG (New) - Gilgamesh
BG (Legacy) - ??? (I looked and looked but couldn't find anything)

Reddit (New) - Gilgamesh
Reddit (Legacy) - Excalibur

4chan/VG/ (New) - Ultros or Cactuar (NA) (Poll currently going on) Moogle (EU)
4chan/VG/ (Legacy) - Excalibur (NA) and Ragnarok (EU) (Poll currently going on)

Allakhazam (New) - Ultros
Allakhazam (Legacy) - Hyperion (PST) Balmung (EST) Ragnarok (EU)
^ I didn't even know that site was still up and running

And Going off of this: http://www.giantbomb.com/final-fant...n-official-giant-bomb-company-1441708/?page=1
Giantbomb (New) - Ultros
Giantbomb (Legacy) - Sargatanas

A lot of this is just from surface reading main threads on forums of each of those sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom