• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

You mean use the character on another server?

Nope (can I? doesn't seem like it). When it says the server is full does that mean I'll be able to log on the moment there is space or if they go and increase the number of people who can be on that server.

PolishQ

Okay, assuming everybody keeps the same name, so far I've got:

Bastian Marr - Jarnet87

Ghostface Killah - Pinko Marx

Lee Ethereal - Talents

Claire Fading - PolishQ

Jovan Desi - Desi

Mance Rayder - Gromph

Teknoman Blade - Teknoman

Zhu Systrata - Me

Atrophis Masara - Atrophis

Will edit and add as I see them.

Thanks for doing this.

omlet

I was going to say,finally got to make a character ,got in the game and had to stop at the first tutorials but I thought it would be saved by then,but no just tried now and my character is gone...what the hell is going on...

Closed beta phase 1 is going on, genius.

Riposte

Are we allowed to say our names? Not against the NDA then?

Btw, about that recent interview. I feel like asking "Is this game Final Fantasy?" is not really beneficial unless you are making some sort of fan service game. I'm more interested in a game saying "This is Final Fantasy". Needless to say I don't think this game is better for trying to jam pack as many FF references as possible into it. Eorzea has a lot of flavor of its own, just like Vana'diel did if not more so. Give it room to breath.

suzu

I hate that you can't remove or change the markings near the male miqote's eyes. I rather they had markings like the female ones.

Nakazato

Ravi im going to donate to SG i dont even want to bonuses. I just want you to make my gear anytime i need it and no more fussing about it lol.

Ill donate as soon as my fucking check comes >_<

omlet

First rule of closed beta is don't talk about closed beta.

That said, I doubt they are going to take listing character names seriously as NDA breaking when there are bigger fish to fry. Character names don't give anything about the game away. Same with saying things like "I'm in the beta!" As long as you are not discussing details of the game outside of beta forums or, worse, spreading screenshots/video/etc. you are probably close enough to the line that they're not going to crack down on you.

Mastamind

Bastian Marr - Jarnet87

Lee Ethereal - Talents

Claire Fading - PolishQ

Jovan Desi - Desi

Mance Rayder - Gromph

Zhu Systrata - Me

Will edit and add as I see them.

Mastamind Midgard

People are actually being ballsy enough to stream this?

Just plain stupid enough.

Oh it's against the NDA. People just like to live dangerously. Also I guess it is doubtful that SE is gonna come in and start banning people based their names being posted.

Also, can't kill shit now that everyone has started over again. Full lag and can never get even a hit on things. I've been awake too long anyway.

Semaj

Neo Member

Bastian Marr - Jarnet87

Lee Ethereal - Talents

Claire Fading - PolishQ

Jovan Desi - Desi

Mance Rayder - Gromph

Zhu Systrata - Me

Mastamind Midgard - Mastamind

Riripo Ripo - Riposte

Will edit and add as I see them. [Updated 2:52 PM CST]

Layel Ali

Darryl

Banned
Hmmm, I never played GW2 so I'm not sure of this. It triggers when you are in the proximity of the event/mob?

yea it's almost identical to Rifts in Rift. there's huge notifications on the map, you run over and you fight shit. haven't spotted any differences at all yet except they're a bit shorter, but i hope the entire concept grows as you level up and maybe they're just simple because it's the starter zones.

i have no idea how this NDA stuff works, would talking about the game like above be fine? or are we just not allowed to record stuff?

Sophia

i have no idea how this NDA stuff works, would talking about the game like above be fine? or are we just not allowed to record stuff?

Don't stream, don't record stuff, don't make big gigantic post, don't draw attention, if you take screenshots, don't upload them to any public sites or imageboards, etc, etc.

Generally, just keep it to yourself and you've got little to worry about. They're not being anal about it like ArenaNet or EA was, and it seems they're only going after streamers, people uploading videos, and large sources of images.

Forbiden

Well it appears that I can no longer make a character on tonberry after the last wipe :( Hopefully I can make a char there soon

yea it's almost identical to Rifts in Rift. there's huge notifications on the map, you run over and you fight shit. haven't spotted any differences at all yet except they're a bit shorter, but i hope the entire concept grows as you level up and maybe they're just simple because it's the starter zones.

I recall reading in an interview or possibly the live letter that most NMs now will be part of the FATE system. I think that could be a lot more interesting. I'm not sure how that ties into their previous plans of allowing companies to fight for control over various NMs and use them as one-time summons in battle.

Allard

I recall reading in an interview or possibly the live letter that most NMs now will be part of the FATE system. I think that could be a lot more interesting. I'm not sure how that ties into their previous plans of allowing companies to fight for control over various NMs and use them as one-time summons in battle.

The interview in question talks about 'eventually' letting some primal battles be involved in the fate system but only after the story surrounding them has passed. In other words its a year + down the line before that happens and until then it will be other solutions they were working on whatever that might be. And yes it did say all open world NM's will be merged into FATE system and won't just be roaming and/or spawn on a lottery timer. Yoshida said 90% of the FATEs will be EXP/GIL only rewards but later on they want to implement fates that give a possible chance at an item drop.

Things are starting to die down some for me. Lag is starting to dissipate along with the random odd stuff happening due to the stressed server (e.g. music and attacks not queuing up properly). I finally got to log out instead of being actively kicked out.

Hopefully, my character will still be there when I log back in later.

Riposte

If you have an insane rig, it would be helpful later on (after the NDA has been dropped) to take a lot of good screenshots (i.e. ones that are not showcasing your character/name in an obnoxious way) for the OT.

Salaadin

Things are starting to die down some for me. Lag is starting to dissipate along with the random odd stuff happening due to the stressed server (e.g. music and attacks not queuing up properly). I finally got to log out instead of being actively kicked out.

Hopefully, my character will still be there when I log back in later.

Right in time for the east coast to get off work!

If you have an insane rig, it would be helpful later on (after the NDA has been dropped) to take a lot of good screenshots (i.e. ones that are not showcasing your character/name in an obnoxious way) for the OT.

I don't have an uber rig, but my comp will chug along with this at max in 1080, and I intend on taking plenty of screens as I did in 1.0.

I've already got them trickling into a folder now. I really do shudder to think of the size that folder will be by the time the NDA lifts, but they will be uploaded nonetheless.

P.S.: Also, I like how the game automatically keeps your name off your avatar this time (and the HUD button removes everybody else's name). I didn't think to actually look for that toggle in 1.0 for a very long time.

omlet

Need to wait for later phase of beta otherwise all the pics are going to be of the same area and limited class selection lol...

Ricker

Finally got to play a few hours,not bad at all,although no voice overs at all is a little jarring at first,after games like Star Wars but it's looks great,not as good as Tera but still pretty nice...it really crowded though,man and trying to kill some some mobs is hard at times,thank god I took an archer,seems easier that way...

I don't even know what server I am on lol,when i got in I just clicked on everything really fast just to make sure to get in the actual game,I will check later...I saw Queen Lala from GAF...my guy's name is Thaur Laur... :p

Played for a few hours on a different sever, couldn't log onto my Tonberry char cause its constantly full.
I don't wanna say too much for fear of breaking NDA but I will say that the game is beautiful, fun,and based on what I've seen so far I will be subscribing.

If anyone is on Adamantoise my char name is Inspectah Deck

notworksafe

Bastian Marr - Jarnet87

Lee Ethereal - Talents

Claire Fading - PolishQ

Jovan Desi - Desi

Mance Rayder - Gromph

Zhu Systrata - Me

Mastamind Midgard - Mastamind

Riripo Ripo - Riposte

Layel Ali - Semaj

Miyara Dantes - DrForester

Dark Elf - CcrooK

Will edit and add as I see them. [Updated 4:33 PM CST]
Since my character got wiped, just add me as Londa Gaf. I'll probably keep that for all the tests.

Velocity

Sounds like it's been pretty rough trying to play today. I can't play until I get off work (West Coaaaassstt! Nooooo!), but when I do play for the remaining 4 hours I'll have left I'll be playing under the same name I had in FFXIV 1.0 and Alpha, Vel Kriez.

I don't remember if I really played with anyone from here during Alpha.

Credo

Is there any way to refresh the world list from the character creation screen or do I have to keep starting over and losing all progress in order to see if a world has opened up? I'd really like to get on Tonberry, but it's been closed since I started creating a character earlier today.

Is there any way to refresh the world list from the character creation screen or do I have to keep starting over and losing all progress in order to see if a world has opened up? I'd really like to get on Tonberry, but it's been closed since I started creating a character earlier today.

I just said fuck it and started on a diff server. AFAIK theres no way. Its only phase 1 anyway. Anything you do is just gunna get deleted soon enough.

Mastamind

Accept the whatever the default appearance for any race and go check the last item for world. If you see tonberry as open, just hit back and customize your character then. The listed servers seem to only change upon initial creation. Continually exit the creator until it shows as open.

Stark

Banned
Played for a few hours on a different sever, couldn't log onto my Tonberry char cause its constantly full.
I don't wanna say too much for fear of breaking NDA but I will say that the game is beautiful, fun,and based on what I've seen so far I will be subscribing.]

Yeah. With what I've played earlier, even if it was in increments, its a real sight to behold in a variety of aspects.

Well I played for the past five hours with friends and it was great fun! :D The only thing that kills me is that I don't know if we can plan on tomorrow or not :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom