• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

I hope we get some actual "new" hairstyles later on (Has it been confirmed? I have a feeling I read it somewhere). Some of the cross race styles are nice but some don't match very well at all. Need some nice do's for Hyuran males.

Forbiden

I've checked the Beta forums, but nothing seems to have been posted yet. Is there any word as to what the window for testing tomorrow will be? The one today is supposed to end at 1AM CST(11PM PST), so I think I'm going to try and remake my character on tonberry whenever the next test starts, hopefully by then they've lifted the character creating restriction on the server.

So how often will they be sending out invites to the beta? Are they sending them out each phase or bi-weekly? I was watching somebody play it on Twitch when the servers went up and it looks so good.

CaLe

I dont know if you just started but it takes a good 5 to 10 minutes,then your speed should steadily rise close to your speed limit...

I started an hour ago :\... I'm at 0.15 MB/s

This will take forever; is it a torrent or something ?

Well that's the end of that chapter I guess. Woke up and got to get back to the same exact part I was at before the wipe before. Time to wait for info on the next time servers come up.

Fun while it lasted. I may end up changing my old Elezen to a male Miqo'te. I ridiculed the very notion of them back when they were announced, but they're actually pretty cool. Mine was rockin' a beard.

K.Sabot

It's like god hates me.

I get into a beta for a game I want to play for once, and then Blizzard ( literal type ) happens.

Played it for 20 minutes until it went down for the first time, then had no power the rest of the time.

Munba

Very pleased almost all invisible walls are gone. Breathing much more freedom around. The new Return animation is cool.

Xux

Managed to check out the new market search interface yesterday and it's just so...usable now.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see the graphic glitches from the waterfall mist and bloom are gone.

Arksy

This was the only listed time and date so far for this current beta test. Gotta just keep checking the forums to see when they announce the next time frame.

What? Damn. The roadmap said that phase one would last a few weeks. I didn't think the beta would be a day or so :/

Tabris

I haven't kept up on this game, so I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions. All of these questions are using the base of FFXI as my foundation.

I no longer have time for the time sink requirements a game like FFXI had, so my decision to play would be based on this:

1) How solo friendly is this game?
2) How "short play time burst" friendly is this game?

I no longer own a PC, so I would be worried about the following:

1) Any release dates announced for PS3 or PS4?
2) Would I be at a disadvantage on PS3 over PC? With FFXI, players on PS2 and 360 were severely handicapped vs PC players due to equipment swaps / advanced macro'ing / notifications. I wouldn't want to play on PS3/PS4 if that was the same (I'm hoping the built-in GUI and controls are better than FFXI was)

Hey I know everyone is busy playing the beta, but if anyone can expand on the answer I got of "Very" to the first two questions, it would be much appreciated.

N.A

Banned
Hey I know everyone is busy playing the beta, but if anyone can expand on the answer I got of "Very" to the first two questions, it would be much appreciated.

You can level to 50 easy solo, not sure if any of the main scenario quests require a group but none have that I have seen so far. Side quests are designed to take around 8 minutes on average so it's perfect to just do a few. Also FATEs and the Hunting Log are other great ways to level and are very quick and easy to get into.

Qvoth

how many of you guys are non legacy non alpha players but still managed to get the beta keys?
so jealous ; ;

What? Damn. The roadmap said that phase one would last a few weeks. I didn't think the beta would be a day or so :/

Not saying that that was the end of this phase, but the end of the only amount of time they had listed so far. There will be more, just noone knows when yet.

how many of you guys are non legacy non alpha players but still managed to get the beta keys?
so jealous ; ;

Beta testing is something for people that have nothing better to do, so don't be jealous. Unless you like redoing the same quests and leveling 3 times in one day, just to make sure the company making the game got everything right. If that is the case, then be very jealous. (but then if you don't like having to read all the people on the beta forums complain about things like this is the released game, and how offended they are that they had to redo leveling, don't be jealous again)

Qvoth

hopefully you guys can tell me this much without breaking the nda...
how is the battle system? standard MMO skill spam fare?
i remember someone saying positioning is supposedly an important aspect of the new system? how does it work if you're soloing?
if it breaks nda then i guess you can just ignore this ; ;

Nakazato

Great im just happy i could make my avy last night on tonberry. Was supposed to go out of town for work yesterday. Hopefully i get a check today have pc parts here by thurs friday and new rig built on sat

ebil

hopefully you guys can tell me this much without breaking the nda...
how is the battle system? standard MMO skill spam fare?
i remember someone saying positioning is supposedly an important aspect of the new system? how does it work if you're soloing?
if it breaks nda then i guess you can just ignore this ; ;

During the Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event, Yoshida gave a talk about ARR and basically said that constant positioning would be too difficult and punishing in a PVP situation (and soloing, may I add, as it was difficult to pull off combos in a solo situation due to positioning in 1.XX), so only the combo starter will require any kind of positioning now.

About the rest of the battle system, who knows how it will end up? Without saying too much, a few things have been changed significantly from alpha to beta and I expect greater changes down the road, but basically it's close to standard MMOs (Weapon Skills consume TP, Spells consume MP, there is a global cooldown for skills and spells and an individual cooldown for buffs), which you can easily infer from the footage they've shown so far.

LowParry

Honestly, with how the game is now, I really enjoyed what I played. There were a few nacks that I thought that needs to be changed but overall, my experience was great. With the little time I got to play, there were a few bugs I found but nothing game breaking. Should also have my new PC built in the next month so I'm really looking forward to seeing the game at a much higher setting. :D

ebil

By any chance did you all pick an official server?

jIoq1H9pDNkWG.jpg

:D

Jinko

Ahah also i'm a water lover and i'm agree with the beta forum feedback.

Which is what exactly ?

I noticed that stones tend to look like they are floating on the surface at times, especially at night.

I can't believe the amount of negative feedback about the graphics engine and music so far, really sad to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom