• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Yeah I meant KB with no mouse. Sorry for the confusion.

I played 11 and 14 1.0 with controller and keyboard and may do that for ARR but most MMOs are best suited for kb/m now.

At this point, having gone back to play FF XI recently... FF XI isn't even FF XI anymore. Some things are the same... but people don't even level the same way they used to anymore.

back when FF XIV initially released, I wanted it to be FF XI HD, but I don't want ARR to be like FF 11.. or even like the original FF XIV that I quit playing after a few months.

I'm happy to see where ARR is going and the differences between Alpha and beta have been significant in ways I hadn't even expected.

Xux

Hey guys, I'm using my launch authenticator key, should I stop since it's more than 2 years old? How do we get a replacement key? Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you have to buy a new one on the SE account page under "SE Account Management" and then "One-Time Password" if your current one needs replacing. The token'll say if it's battery is low so you can disable it on your account page so you don't just get locked out of your account.

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a new one on the SE account page under "SE Account Management" and then "One-Time Password" if your current one needs replacing. The token'll say if it's battery is low so you can disable it on your account page so you don't just get locked out of your account.

It'll tell me when the battery is low? Ok, nice, I'll be on the lookout. That said, I think that they should offer an app for smartphones like WoW.

Hell, make it like the Vanadiel world clock + Auth key + Auction House app :)

Xux

Yeah, they've been talking about the App for months. It'll be tied to the revamped and merged Lodestone and finalfantasyxiv.com which'll apparently have a wiki-esque database about everything in the game.

Allard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=at44LK3vGEw#!

Another video interview with Yoshida. Yoship looks super shy on camera lol.

Also confirms summer release. Seems accurate with a lot of speculation. June~July would be good. Though as Legacy testers our data is implemented and save data resumes from phase 3, right?

No phase 4, phase 3 is implementation testing, he has stated in other interviews he is treating phase 4 as the 'trial offering' to play the game before it goes towards paying. But since its still technically beta i'm sure there will still be plenty of content getting tested like housing and PvP while its in open beta form. Even if we don't see those at launch he wants to stress test those services. Not to mention it seems phase 4 will 'still' be level capped at lvl 35 unless you are already above that level range. We won't see all the games launch is supposed to offer till the trial is done for open beta, lvl 50 stuff etc.

Teknoman

JP20130208_1.jpg

What in the world is this thing?

N.A

Banned
The date for the test after this weekend's has been announced:

March 8, 2013 (Friday), 7:00 p.m. to March 11, 2013 (Monday), 1:00 a.m. (PST)
March 9, 2013 (Saturday), 3:00 a.m. to March 11, 2013 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

The date for the test after this weekend's has been announced:

March 8, 2013 (Friday), 7:00 p.m. to March 11, 2013 (Monday), 1:00 a.m. (PST)
March 9, 2013 (Saturday), 3:00 a.m. to March 11, 2013 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

Seems they are not even listing the best timezone anymore, EST. So another 30 hour test in a week? Glad they are putting it up before the current one, should stop a lot of people from asking why they servers are down. Well not really since I guess those people didn't read the forum anyway.

Thought this might be a good comparison for what has changed. We're currently missing Crimson Bark region.

Found a site with a bunch of the old maps listed, as well as some things on new maps that can be used as well

http://ffxivmaps.com/

Don't know how accurate or updated it is though since I didn't play 1.0.

Also since we are linking beta threads
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/11986-Animation-Lock
Getting real tired of arguing against animation lock. Guess I may just be on the wrong side of it, but I just can't see liking it in a game that implemented it that wasn't balanced around it.

Yeah i guess :p

Btw, the 'NM (out of FATE)' topic got 976 likes lol.

I like that his reasoning for it is how much he liked being able to beat RMT people and bots. Yeah, that is something that I love fighting against, and to have game systems that encourage the use of.

Teknoman

Well at least I know what i'm doing upcoming schedule. Polishing off lancer level 10, moving on to gladiator, and then getting high enough to do some party testing/dungeon diving.

Xux

Seems they are not even listing the best timezone anymore, EST. So another 30 hour test in a week? Glad they are putting it up before the current one, should stop a lot of people from asking why they servers are down. Well not really since I guess those people didn't read the forum anyway.

Found a site with a bunch of the old maps listed, as well as some things on new maps that can be used as well

http://ffxivmaps.com/

Don't know how accurate or updated it is though since I didn't play 1.0.
Damn, their 2.0 section's pretty neat. I also like how we had access to exactly 5/10 regions and 3/6 cities in Eorzea by the end of 1.0.

Also since we are linking beta threads
http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/11986-Animation-Lock
Getting real tired of arguing against animation lock. Guess I may just be on the wrong side of it, but I just can't see liking it in a game that implemented it that wasn't balanced around it.

I like that his reasoning for it is how much he liked being able to beat RMT people and bots. Yeah, that is something that I love fighting against, and to have game systems that encourage the use of.
Ugh, I'd definitely rather not have those kinds of NMs in the game that follow bad design decisions like competing for a stupid low chance of something.

Jinko

It'll tell me when the battery is low? Ok, nice, I'll be on the lookout. That said, I think that they should offer an app for smartphones like WoW.

Hell, make it like the Vanadiel world clock + Auth key + Auction House app :)

Agree, but tbh there is more chance of a phone getting lost or broken, so you are taking bigger risk in theory, probably more convenient though.

If the lag isn't too bad we could try setting up a party to get to the dungeon run.

I didn't even bother Monday because I was waiting to hit a squirrel at the time.

Munba

You know, this thing about server transfer (available on the release) makes me a bit sad. Surely a lot of japanese and american people will go to servers near their location... and i'll be forced to decide where to go. So i can't play with everyone from every country anymore :(

I know the server thing will improve the game and stuff but..

You know, this thing about server transfer (available on the release) makes me a bit sad. Surely a lot of japanese and american people will go to servers near their location... and i'll be forced to decide where to go. So i can't play with everyone from every country anymore :(

I think is a necessary...evil. Even more important now that we have PvP. I also thinking of choosing a EU server but I want to see how "bad" could be lag on a US server. I'd rather play with GAF but there's also timezone problem and more...

Jinko

Yea I guess you can make a second character for that, something I am considering doing, might be nice to start from scratch.

The latency to Japan isn't bad when the servers are acting properly, this weekend should give you a better idea what to expect and US servers should be better again. (I think GAF should pick an east coast server if thats a choice)

[POLL] Will you be moving to a regional server closer to you?

Lucis

So free server transfer for all coming release?
Is GAF gonna choose a new server? I never got to 50 in 1.x, I think the highest i got was like 32-33... If the server tranfer is true then I might keep my character =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom