• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vazel

Banned
or play on PS3 :3
puke.gif

Makki

Upon entering at 10:01 I made a char on the new server Ultros and rushed the hell up to Lvl 6 or so and managed to do a few quests in a lag free zone out from the NW Gate. The combat was really smooth and I liked the playstyle a lot with the faster cool down timers. It is sort of odd that all 3 beginner conjurer skills share the same cooldown and same downtime length though.

Then the game made me go back down to the lagfest right outside the southern gate and now Im just sitting inside a little hut because I cant stand the lag or the 20 people per spawning mob trying to land a skill at the same time.

vazel

Banned
I can't play with this chuggy 10-20fps framerate. I'm quitting FFXIV until I get my CPU upgrade.

Also, the benchmark lied. I got an average 41fps in the benchmark on maximum settings.

Teknoman

I can't play with this chuggy 10-20fps framerate. I'm quitting FFXIV until I get my CPU upgrade.

Also, the benchmark lied. I got an average 41fps in the benchmark on maximum settings.

I think for some dumb reason, its got to do with whatever is causing this extreme lag. They keep investigating the cause, and say its not the large influx of players. Its not the FATE system either this time.

Makki

I think for some dumb reason, its got to do with whatever is causing this extreme lag. They keep investigating the cause, and say its not the large influx of players. Its not the FATE system either this time.

Not so sure, the furthest I was from the 2 zones I've seen FATE happen in the less laggy combat was for me

Teknoman

I think some more new worlds were made, so...hopefully that alleviates things so we can find the actual cause of all this.

I know stress testing for phase 1 and all, but wow.

Jinko

So what happened to the damn queue system, stupid devs.

I can understand that EU thread moaning about the start times now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Had great fun with the game last night, played it for another 2-3 hours! The current archer skills seem a bit lacking right now (level 18), but I'm being positive that it'll change eventually! A couple of tweaks here and there, and FFXIV:ARR might really turn out to be something fantastic.

Arksy

This has become something quite special.

Are the PS3 players going to be playing on the same servers as PC players? If so that's quite worrying, it'll mean that the game is going to be very gimed by the PS3s limited capabilities going forward.

Ricker

Do you guys get a glitch or something where the text in the chat window scrolls the wrong way...? did I accidently hit a key to make it do this and if so anyone know what it is...so annoying,besides that,having fun with my Conjurer but for the beta with one hundred people trying to kill the same mob,it's a pain due to casting times...I liked my Archer better so far anyway...

Edeuinu

Are the PS3 players going to be playing on the same servers as PC players? If so that's quite worrying, it'll mean that the game is going to be very gimed by the PS3s limited capabilities going forward.

Yes, this will operate just like XI did. I'm afraid of this too, "ps2 limitations" was thrown around all the time when XI was still pretty active.

Animekatt

You can add me to the list:
Vulpix Ninetails - Tonberry

I also have another char if anyone is on this server:
Eevee Vaporeon - Coeurl

Vashetti

Banned
I read a rumour on here recently that XI may be coming to Vita.

If XIV is coming to PS3, is it not possible that it could come to Vita?

Edeuinu

I think a game of that scale wouldn't fit at all on a handheld, even the rumor of XI is hard to believe.

Closest you may get is playing remotely on the vita through a ps4 version, which is bound to happen.

Adama

Do you guys get a glitch or something where the text in the chat window scrolls the wrong way...? did I accidently hit a key to make it do this and if so anyone know what it is...so annoying,besides that,having fun with my Conjurer but for the beta with one hundred people trying to kill the same mob,it's a pain due to casting times...I liked my Archer better so far anyway...

Yes, this was driving me crazy last night. Today it seems to be ok tho.

Riposte

I forget when are they going to reset characters for the beta? I recall them letting keep the characters at some point.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I forget when are they going to reset characters for the beta? I recall them letting keep the characters at some point.

They will wipe for phase 2, 3 and 4.

Phase 4 will be considered as trial and progress will carry over to release.

LowParry

At the time the other day, I rolled on another server because Ton was being wonky. Lancer is pretty hella fun all around. Close to lvl 13 but looking forward to that first instance. Guess I'll have to pug it or whatever. Though sucks my time has been limited. By the time Phase 2 hits I'll have more time with the game to play with everyone here.

DrDogg

Created a character. I'll try things out with kb/mouse, but it's very unfamiliar territory for me (not much of a PC gamer and always played XI on 360). I may not play much until phase 2.

Doctor Dogg - Tornberry

Ricker

Will you guys level up characters four times?

That is a little annoying but hey,second time around my Conjurer reached level 8 twice as fast as my Archer because I skipped all the chat and knew what to do and all...I will make a Lancer for phase 2 and try and go even faster but at the same time,maybe I will wait for Phase 3 to reach the first instance...also there is no crafting per say for now,or I didnt even look into that so that's something new I could do after the wipes...

EDIT: Did they mention that even if there is a wipe,are our character names kept...?

Atrophis

Stuck at 13 and a half. No quests left and hunters log pretty much complete. I've ran everywhere but can't find anything else to do.

EDIT: wish I knew about the hunter log earlier, could have leveled so much more efficiently.

Jinko

Stuck at 13 and a half. No quests left and hunters log pretty much complete. I've ran everywhere but can't find anything else to do.

EDIT: wish I knew about the hunter log earlier, could have leveled so much more efficiently.

Yea right now the leves aren't working so its put a damper on most peoples levelling.

Makki

=_= I couldnt figure out why I kept getting stuck halfway through Lvl 9 with no quests to unlock the lvl 10 ones. THANK YOU for mentioning that silly hunters log lol.

LowParry

I think it's safe to say this game will do alright after going through the first instance. With things calmed down, server status was running pretty smoothly. I'm happy with what I've got to test and look forward to Phase 2. A shame our characters will get erased but hopefully we'll see some other classes and play around more with crafting.

Now...about that monthly fee....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom