• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

I wasn't in AA. My character was Owen.

Paladin right? I remember you lol. You tanked a few times for us! ( and crafted if i remember correctly ).

Man i miss the days with req/red, camping that crab and that bird... before all the NA drama started.

Jijidasu

Paladin right? I remember you lol. You tanked a few times for us! ( and crafted if i remember correctly ).

Man i miss the days with req/red, camping that crab and that bird... before all the NA drama started.

PLD. Never tanked for your LS; I had my own. Juventus/Real Madrid. We didn't like gaijin LS's.

Xux

Well, Yoshi and Foxclon made a bunch of posts on the JP side of the Beta forums and now there's maintenance.

And now it's suspended indefinitely.

burgerdog

LOL
so who are you? and who is Jijidasu in AA?

I had a spy in zenmetsu, they surely talked a lot of shit about AA

No reason for us(AA / TC)to talk shit, we had all the NA server firsts and first LS to kill Vrtra without teaming up with another LS(MM partnered up with PoS for their kill.) I got AA's first Ridill, if you don't remember that then I guess you were long gone with the gil? lol

Lucis

No reason for us(AA / TC)to talk shit, we had all the NA server firsts and first LS to kill Vrtra without teaming up with another LS(MM partnered up with PoS for their kill.) I got AA's first Ridill, if you don't remember that then I guess you were long gone with the gil? lol

It's funny how the story about me goes out, and apparently are still live today, almost 8 years after it happened. Gone with the gil? Sounds like I left the LS and went some where to use that gil. I never used one gil for my own. but...

Whatever though. No use talk about that anymore. I am not sure if I ever saw a rid drop, I think I might have, and your name is kinda familiar... You were a DRK... if i remember correctly.

AA was good because we picked the best that was available... I remember spending hours coding that site with duckie ;/

Arg, finally got home and suspended indefinitely. Ohwell

Xux

Take this with a few dump trucks full of salt as it's probably nothing at all but one of Yoshi-P's last couple posts has 15:00 JST in it which is 10PM PST (an hour from now). Don't have any clue what the context is. Maybe Reinhart'll get on to give us a translation or we'll get the official translation by that time.

burgerdog

It's funny how the story about me goes out, and apparently are still live today, almost 8 years after it happened. Gone with the gil? Sounds like I left the LS and went some where to use that gil. I never used one gil for my own. but...

Whatever though. No use talk about that anymore. I am not sure if I ever saw a rid drop, I think I might have, and your name is kinda familiar... You were a DRK... if i remember correctly.

AA was good because we picked the best that was available... I remember spending hours coding that site with duckie ;/

Arg, finally got home and suspended indefinitely. Ohwell

I was kidding about the gil, anyway, yea I was a DRK and joined AA shortly before our first Fafnir kill. You held my Balmung hostage for a day, or maybe a few hours!

Xux

Ooh, someone Google Translated the post and it might be back up at 10PM PST. It also says the issue was people flooding the auto-level to 15 function or just plain too many logins.

Xux

lol, the thread with the translation got closed. I'm sure it takes an amount of time to translate and get this stuff approved to be posted but it's still pretty disappointing how long it takes for these posts to make it officially outside the JP forums.

Xux

I did a TTD run last night. 3x LNC and a CNJ...I don't think I did too bad for my first time healing in an MMO, lol. Managed to get 2 orbs destroyed and score three piece of Aether Gear so it was pretty neat.

TTD looks so darn cool, too. Shoot, I'm still surprised the game looks so good on my crappy computer. Love SE's turn around from decent PC ports to an absolute mastery of the platform.

Lucis

It takes a while to get to level 20 though.

Say each full TTD run is half a level, even from 17-20 would require 4-5 hours at least (ok that's not that bad lol).

Can't wait to get to 20 so I can instantly jump to 25 for another dungeon

ebil

You can resume questing at level 18 next to the Adder's Nest.
That quest line will level you to 19 and eventually to 25 when you complete it. I'd recommend doing that.

jae

LOL the 60 million gil question.

I bought a few things for some people I liked, Gatsu had my account info and took a lot of it and refused to give back, there was a lot of drama at the end. Ya community lol. The NA infighting, AA vs Zenmetsu, OH SHIT REMEMBER FUTAKOI?

So you guys went to req instead of the calm? Awntawn was telling me about the calm a while back.

There are some people that probably really hated me after my departure. And then there's a group of the same old guard that see me the same way

People hated you before your departure, too.

Caelestis

Can't seem to find the answer for this anywhere, but have they ever mentioned if we will be able to change the names of our 1.0 characters when we start them in ARR?

vissione

Banned
Can't seem to find the answer for this anywhere, but have they ever mentioned if we will be able to change the names of our 1.0 characters when we start them in ARR?

I haven't heard the answer to this confirmed anywhere either. However, I'm willing to bet it will work like server transfers did back in XI. All you have to do is create a new character on the server you intend to migrate to with your old name first (if it doesn't already exist) forcing you to change your name during the migration process of your 1.0 character.

Atrophis

Bunch of level 25s just took my 15 lancer through Tam Tara and let me take all drops :D Was pretty fun. Didn't get any xp though?

desu

Well hopefully we will be able to change our name, switching from male to female Roegadyn won't work otherwise :s. Can't wait to have my capped character back in beta phase #3.

Caelestis

I haven't heard the answer to this confirmed anywhere either. However, I'm willing to bet it will work like server transfers did back in XI. All you have to do is create a new character on the server you intend to migrate to with your old name first (if it doesn't already exist) forcing you to change your name during the migration process of your 1.0 character.
Oh, this is good to know since I never played 11. Hopefully it will work in 14 as well.

Jinko

Haven't had much time to play today can't say it bothered me either, don't think I will be that interested until phase 3 now.

zulfate

damn all you guys are down on it, watching all these videos really had my hopes up. now of course i will come to my decision when i actually get to play it but everyone seems down on it, SE seems to really be putting there all on this game and yoshida has been very entertaining to listen to and in a long time a developer actually isnt just shooting pure PR bullshit all the time.

Jinko

I'm not down on it, just don't see the point of putting much time into the beta when its guna get wiped, would have liked to try TMT and HM but thats not guna happen.

Jarnet87

I think most people (besides the I wish this was FF11 2.0 crowd) have been positive about ARR 2.0 in the beta. A lot more grumbling early on I saw when it first started, but most people are enjoying it I would say.

zulfate

i guess i am mixing people complaining about the combat alot compared to the rest of the game. this game looks fucking gorgeous and it is very easy on the eyes. i just love and i mean love the scale of the game that was my biggest complaint about gw2, a fucking tree will be the same size of my character.

i dont like that i have to be a archer to be a bard :(

I think most people (besides the I wish this was FF11 2.0 crowd) have been positive about ARR 2.0 in the beta. A lot more grumbling early on I saw when it first started, but most people are enjoying it I would say.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit... but I want to see something besides Gridania..

Release just seems so far away..

LowParry

Managed to get my Glad to lvl 17. I'm not sure if I want to play more so that I can have a more fresh approach with the launch of the game. However I'm still looking forward to each phase they do. There are some things I hope they will change (which I tossed in their feedback) in the end but as it stands, I really enjoy it.

damn all you guys are down on it, watching all these videos really had my hopes up. now of course i will come to my decision when i actually get to play it but everyone seems down on it, SE seems to really be putting there all on this game and yoshida has been very entertaining to listen to and in a long time a developer actually isnt just shooting pure PR bullshit all the time.

I love the game but it is a Beta and content is limited, plus your character will get wiped for the next phase.

I'm looking forward to next phase because of gamepad support but the real fun doesn't start until Phase 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom