• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Leves need some overhaul,I will post in the official forums but I dont like them and I think,at least I hope,that they will not be the only way at level 14 to reach 15...this is another thing I dont like so far but I am pretty sure its a beta thing,the lack of quest when you reach level 9 and 14,forcing you to do hunting logs and leves....

Jinko

Leves need some overhaul,I will post in the official forums but I dont like them and I think,at least I hope,that they will not be the only way at level 14 to reach 15...this is another thing I dont like so far but I am pretty sure its a beta thing,the lack of quest when you reach level 9 and 14,forcing you to do hunting logs and leves....

Well in release there will be 2 other cities and obviously they haven't added all the quests in yet, I think they said there will be enough quests to level to 50 at launch at least on your first character.

The only problem I have with leves are they don't seem to give as much XP as quests so you have to do loads to get the same effect and they are pretty boring after a while.

The other thing is the monster placement on some of them are terrible for melee who have to run in and aggro 3-4 mobs at once.

Ricker

Well in release there will be 2 other cities and obviously they haven't added all the quests in yet, I think they said there will be enough quests to level to 50 at launch at least on your first character.

The only problem I have with leves are they don't seem to give as much XP as quests so you have to do loads to get the same effect and they are pretty boring after a while.

The other thing is the monster placement on some of them are terrible for melee who have to run in and aggro 3-4 mobs at once.

Yep and playing a conjurer,if I have 2 mobs on me,with all the interrupts,it's almost certain death...this is something they need to tone down maybe on conjurers,or give them a passive or buff that decreases the chance of getting interrupted...

zulfate

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

1.0 characters / ps3 / Limsa Lominsa and Ul’dah leveling paths / Additional sidequests / Additional class quests / Additional Full Active Time Events / Additional dungeons / Free companies (formation and management) / Free company points / Linkshells / Limit Break / Materia crafting / Other

thanks for the info! all of that sounds awesome
Arcanist <3
i looked it up and its a new class so of course for the 1.0 players it must be nice to have something new.

Phase 3 will be the real fun of testing. That materia stuff I want try out.

how does the materia system work in this game?

im trying to read as much about the game as i can but i dont understand the point of the job system. it sounds a bit convoluted and unnecessary but i dont know how it works in-game. or maybe i am bitter because i want to be a bard right from the start and not play a archer.

Jinko

how does the materia system work in this game?

In 1.0 you would meld a piece of materia to a piece of crafted gear and the stats would be affixed to it, so say +12 strength, you could then get another +12 strength and meld that for a double meld but the chance of failure would increase, if it failed you would lose everything. (you could meld up to 5 piece to one piece of gear but after 3 it was almost impossible)

I really didn't like the materia system in 1.0, they have said in ARR the materia system will be different and the chance of failure will be less but to what extent nobody knows.

zulfate

Hmmm if fail rate goes down then maybe the materials will triple to make it. Seems like that is how the balancing works in mmos lol.

Lucis

With limited play yesterday I got to 18 first to start the quest chain that eventually allow you to turn into 25. While trying to finish page 3 of hunting log, I could not get into one english speaking parties for toto rak. It's probably because it was late. Finally around midnight PST I got into a Japanese speaking party. It was GLD GLD(me) CNJ CNJ... while every other party is shouting for a CNJ and why we have two.... I don't know. But they gladly took me while I told them my japanese might not be as fluent as it can be. It wasn't easy since we were all level 25-26, I ding'ed 26 in the dungeon. We kill our way slowly through out the dungeon. A shield dropped and the other GLD passed. I mindlessly rolled need and won the item. Then I realized it was a mage shield, I tried to trade it to one of the CNJ that rolled highest, but realized I can't do that. Appoligized and he just laughed and said "it's ok, don't worry about it." We went on finishing the dungeon with only 2 min left on clock. Great run, best I had so far in game. I am not sure if i can get to level 30 today to try the last dungeon though.

But I have to say ARR so far is a blast, best time I had in an MMO for a while.

Jinko

Hmmm if fail rate goes down then maybe the materials will triple to make it. Seems like that is how the balancing works in mmos lol.

I'm hoping it to be so that if you fail you only lose the materia, such a kick to the balls to lose the item as well.

Just did 2 runs as a noob tank in Tam Tara and its pretty fun tanking now, easy too :D

LowParry

I'm hoping it to be so that if you fail you only lose the materia, such a kick to the balls to lose the item as well.

Just did 2 runs as a noob tank in Tam Tara and its pretty fun tanking now, easy too :D

Nothing like a shield to lob to start your pull :D

DrDogg

I am excited for phase 2 due to controller support, but I won't really start putting a lot of time in until phase 4. The "new" areas, 1.0 characters and PS3 support in phase 3 will be nice, but your progress will still get wiped I believe. If I understand correctly, your progress won't carry over until phase 4, which is basically open beta.

I am excited for phase 2 due to controller support, but I won't really start putting a lot of time in until phase 4. The "new" areas, 1.0 characters and PS3 support in phase 3 will be nice, but your progress will still get wiped I believe. If I understand correctly, your progress won't carry over until phase 4, which is basically open beta.

You're right. You will be able to import 1.0 characters in phase 3 but all progress will be deleted.

I guess I'l play Phase 3 to mostly see the cities and new enviroments.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ran the benchmark and watched some of the recent videos, and damn, this game looks fantastic. Really wish I could get into the beta.

In 1.0 you would meld a piece of materia to a piece of crafted gear and the stats would be affixed to it, so say +12 strength, you could then get another +12 strength and meld that for a double meld but the chance of failure would increase, if it failed you would lose everything. (you could meld up to 5 piece to one piece of gear but after 3 it was almost impossible)

I really didn't like the materia system in 1.0, they have said in ARR the materia system will be different and the chance of failure will be less but to what extent nobody knows.

Really hope it isn't like that. Hate that gamble style of upgrading that a lot of mmorpgs do.

Just chilling at 33 now, getting tired of running the last instance. It's much faster and simpler then the previous one so was easier to get a bunch of gear from it. Been doing the place with another lancer along with me as dps and haven't had any trouble from lack of range dps.

shinjijai

been trying out the beta, but coming from ffxi using a controller on a pc, and playing some 1.0 with a controller, I find it quite difficult to play with just the keyboard. I can't wait for phase 2 to start so I can check out now the new controller scheme works. but other than that, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

Jinko

Just did Toto-rak with a bunch of noobs, I'm having WoW flash backs and content finder ain't even in yet.

Last boss was interesting, poison on the floors and miteling adds, too bad the lancer thought he was a tank.

Just did Toto-rak with a bunch of noobs, I'm having WoW flash backs and content finder ain't even in yet.

Last boss was interesting, poison on the floors and miteling adds, too bad the lancer thought he was a tank.

The amount of people that just need on everything they can, even in a beta, give me little hope as well.

Lucis

I have not had problem with party at all. Haven't even seen a wipe yet. Those dungeons are way too easy to have problem I think. Maybe later ones will be different. (only did the first 2)

Jarnet87

Yep and playing a conjurer,if I have 2 mobs on me,with all the interrupts,it's almost certain death...this is something they need to tone down maybe on conjurers,or give them a passive or buff that decreases the chance of getting interrupted...

Yeah, some of the leves will spawn 2 or 3 mobs that auto aggro. Theres one in East Shroud lvl 15 leve that three mobs spawn and attack, was 17 and couldnt do it on 0 bonus.

I read somewhere that
they're gonna limit the number of need lots people can make per dungeon per week.

I remember reading that somewhere too. Not sure how I feel about it though. Just means that I know my needs are gonna be up when a lance drops, and I'll get out greeded. Life of a pug though I guess.

Lv 35 now with nothing left to really do. Explored everywhere you can go and ran into some dead ends. Guess now I do it all over next phase.

NinjaJesus

The amount of people that just need on everything they can, even in a beta, give me little hope as well.

Ugh, I just had to deal with this myself. That, and a CNJ that was nuke crazy and kept nuking EVERYTHING making tanking a tad difficult.

EDIT: OH, and people that don't want to focus on 1 mob at a time when I pull and each want to pick one to attack. Kept having to tell them to focus fire...lol

suzu

Ugh, I just had to deal with this myself. That, and a CNJ that was nuke crazy and kept nuking EVERYTHING making tanking a tad difficult.

EDIT: OH, and people that don't want to focus on 1 mob at a time when I pull and each want to pick one to attack. Kept having to tell them to focus fire...lol

They could make the dungeon enemies more difficult.. or maybe they will be, as you level higher?

So there will be less noobs targeting everything instead of whatever the tank is fighting.. because they will eventually end up dying or killing the rest of group with their stupidity. lol

Is there a way to mark targets so everyone in the party can see? I haven't fooled around with grouping much.

NinjaJesus

They could make the dungeon enemies more difficult.. or maybe they will be, as you level higher?

So there will be less noobs targeting everything instead of whatever the tank is fighting.. because they will eventually end up dying or killing the rest of group with their stupidity. lol

Is there a way to mark targets so everyone in the party can see? I haven't fooled around with grouping much.

I mean it's pretty clear who the tank is targeting. There's a giant line that shoots out of your head and to the target. Also, unless you attack the other mobs, their health bars don't show. So, if you don't hit them, it's pretty obvious they shouldn't be attacked.

suzu

I mean it's pretty clear who the tank is targeting. There's a giant line that shoots out of your head and to the target. Also, unless you attack the other mobs, their health bars don't show. So, if you don't hit them, it's pretty obvious they shouldn't be attacked.

I was thinking more like a giant arrow pointing down above the enemy's head. lol.

But yeah. I guess they just need to make mobs hit harder on squishy/non-tanks to deter the dummies.

Edit: As a healer/tank in other games, I used to let the dps die/get beat up a lot before they got the idea. lol

Xux

Yeah, the top right option on the mini-menu is enemy marking options.

Also, I like how the Journal has a few details that they edited out of the cutscenes for the Beta like
the Echo

Jijidasu

Starting to see some truths in what these people are crying about on the forums.

I fear that without the need to party a lot of the joy in mid-level content will vanish. We don't have old-system NM's which pretty much eliminates small, fun activities you could do with a couple of friends. The EXP gain is so small from 'trash' monsters that partying for EXP will never happen, either.

I don't want to go post feedback on it because I imagine people have already but here's to hoping they consider the impact not implementing these mid level systems will have. I certainly don't want the game to follow WoW where people play from patch-to-patch with a single goal of getting gear. There needs to be more content.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Starting to see some truths in what these people are crying about on the forums.

I fear that without the need to party a lot of the joy in mid-level content will vanish. We don't have old-system NM's which pretty much eliminates small, fun activities you could do with a couple of friends. The EXP gain is so small from 'trash' monsters that partying for EXP will never happen, either.

I don't want to go post feedback on it because I imagine people have already but here's to hoping they consider the impact not implementing these mid level systems will have. I certainly don't want the game to follow WoW where people play from patch-to-patch with a single goal of getting gear. There needs to be more content.

Well there is the fact everyone will have to level all their jobs, and you only have 3 regions to quest to level in. After that it's the same ol same ol. Even questing I prefer doing it in a party just for the speed of it and doing Leve's in a party is nice for the exp and gil bonus.

Lucis

You are right, to a certain extend.

Do I want this to be a FF themed wow clone? No. Do I want it to be FF11? No.

No matter what kind of nostalgia I have for FF11, I think about it for a while. And tell myself that there's NO WAY I will really be-able to play and like that game now.

MMO are all about end games now. It doesn't have to be, but it is. Mid levels are no longer about anything but teach you some basics of how to play the class/job you play.

I have mixed feeling about this. I quit FF11 to play WOW (well not really, I quit FF11 for mainly other reasons, but WOW is where I went). And 8 years later... I left wow again thinking I can start on ARR to get back some of the stuff I "missed" about FF11.

I got Gladiator to level 30 2 hours ago and did Hakkuen once before logging off saying goodbye to the phase 1 character (assume it really is ending). So I have done most of what the beta has to offer this time.

Aside from the server problem/lag/ministral crash. I really liked what I saw. But here's a few things I think I would like to see improve.

I am not going to go into detail bout some of it now since I am not sure what the NDA covers or not...

I have had only 1 wipe in the process of getting to 30, and that's in Hakkuen during the last boss. It was 1 English speaker, 2 Japanese speaker and me. The Japanese thought of doing boss one way and the English speaker thought it was meant to be done in another way. Eventually I mediated and translated for both sides and we got the boss down. This moment kinda made me feel like I am playing FF11 again... (in my own way and how I experienced 11) with a newer and "better" game. However the eventual segregation of the server when they will be located in separate geological locations might mean this kind of experience will no longer be had =(

ZenaxPure

Eh that's not really true for WoW anymore in the least, but I agree 100% fully that it's one of the things I am worried about for FF14. I enjoyed my time with the end of 14, got a job to max level and all that so I am looking forward to playing again but if Pandaria has taught me anything for WoW it's that I enjoy all the stuff unrelated to the end game raiding more than I do the raiding itself. I don't even raid on my main character in WoW (outside of LFR, the matchmaking easy mode stuff) but I can still spend hours and hours a night doing random crap (too much stuff for me to list in this post). It's something I am hoping for in FF14 a lot, I don't want to get to max level with the only thing to look forward to is a bunch of bosses to kill and get loot from, I have moved wayyyyyy past that in terms of what I want from a MMO.

Xux

Looks like Phase 1 continues Friday at 8PM PST. Hopefully they'll actually get around to testing stuff they wanna test.

Jinko

Yea I had a CNJ last night who was not only nuke crazy but heal bombing as well, linkshells can't be implemented fast enough.

This too lol.

Don't miss XP parties at all, hated it in FFXIV (although didn't mind it in FFXI, wouldn't want that again though) gear grind is a good model to follow IMO and something other MMO's besides WoW have failed to do properly, hopefully SE get it right.

1.0 had an interesting (ish) story but most the reason people played (besides the community) was centred around gear, either making it, selling it or grinding it in dungeons, hope this continues in ARR.

I had the same problem. Every single Tam Tara run, I had to ask party members to attack the same mobs, preferably the one that I am attacking. Aside from the clunky marking system, there is a "Focus Target" command. It only allows you to mark one target at a time but it marks it for everyone in the party. Rebinding this to an easily accessible key like Q, E, or F works well.

I did a few runs through Tam Tara on my Gladiator and have come to the conclusion that hate management still needs a lot of work on Gladiator or possibly in general (at these early levels at least). I feel like either my abilities don't build enough enmity or enmity doesn't build or stack properly. Single targets are not much of a problem but tanking multiple targets is incredibly stressful and burns through your MP pool quickly with the amount of Flashing you have to do in order to maintain hate. Conjurer heals draw enormous amounts of hate and DPS can pull hate at the drop of a dime. It's even worse when group members decide to attack different targets.

While fighting a single mob once, an Archer pulled hate and I couldn't get it back after a Flash, Savage Blade, Shield Lob, and another Flash.

NinjaJesus

I had the same problem. Every single Tam Tara run, I had to ask party members to attack the same mobs, preferably the one that I am attacking. Aside from the clunky marking system, there is a "Focus Target" command. It only allows you to mark one target at a time but it marks it for everyone in the party. Rebinding this to an easily accessible key like Q, E, or F works well.

I did a few runs through Tam Tara on my Gladiator and have come to the conclusion that hate management still needs a lot of work on Gladiator or possibly in general (at these early levels at least). I feel like either my abilities don't build enough enmity or enmity doesn't build or stack properly. Single targets are not much of a problem but tanking multiple targets is incredibly stressful and burns through your MP pool quickly with the amount of Flashing you have to do in order to maintain hate. Conjurer heals draw enormous amounts of hate and DPS can pull hate at the drop of a dime. It's even worse when group members decide to attack different targets.

While fighting a single mob once, an Archer pulled hate and I couldn't get it back after a Flash, Savage Blade, Shield Lob, and another Flash.

Yeah, the hate management DEFINITELY needs work. Got to the boss in TTR, started with a voke, flash, shield and the ARC instantly grabs hate from me.

It feels like I'm not building hate at all. It seems like the higher I get in level the harder it's getting to keep aggro. They need to work on the enmity scaling or something.

Maybe I'm just that bad. Did anyone else have this problem? I plan on leaving feedback.

EDIT: Also, now I miss THF so much. lol SATA was needed for sure.

Ala Alba

My experience was different than yours. After the first half of my first run, I rarely ever lost hate again. Most fights against groups never needed more than a single Flash, provided I got all the mobs in Flash's (very short) range. Against single targets, the Fast->Savage combo alone was enough to keep hate.

Either your DDs were doing far more damage than mine, or I don't know, mine knew how to not pull hate?

I have to say I did like tanking, and if I have some time this weekend, I'll probably be back for more.

Yeah, the hate management DEFINITELY needs work. Got to the boss in TTR, started with a voke, flash, shield and the ARC instantly grabs hate from me.

It feels like I'm not building hate at all. It seems like the higher I get in level the harder it's getting to keep aggro. They need to work on the enmity scaling or something.

Maybe I'm just that bad. Did anyone else have this problem? I plan on leaving feedback.

EDIT: Also, now I miss THF so much. lol SATA was needed for sure.

I was able to keep hate in bosses and single enemies most of the time. First I never used voke as starter hate skill, somehow it dosn't seems to add much enmity initially. Seems much more effectively to use it when you lose aggro on an enemy, actually it will always came back to me without problem, much better than shiled lob.

The problem comes when I try to use other abilities instead of focusing on the enmity+ combo. Seems that this could be a problem when you become PLD and need to use cure skills and others.

Jinko

Flash should only be used on groups IMO, although in your case it was probably the archers fault for not giving you enough time to get aggro, this is a big issue with all DD though, that lancer last night cost us our TMT run because he went in full blazing and wouldn't letme get hate back.

I didn't really see any hate issues until TMT, but a lot of the time I think it comes down to who you are playing with, I would sooner let someone die if they don't know how to play, its the only way they will learn.

I think part the problem is also that gear can have a massive effect to how much damage DD do, also if they are 2-3 levels higher than you I can see then having no issue in pulling hate off a tank, so agree that hate mechanics do need some fine tuning.

Edit:- Another thing I didn't know if I should be focusing on Vit or Str, I imagine that hate mechanics are centred around str so maybe that might be part the issue ?

Enmity seems to be a constant - flash has the highest threat yield while lob and enmity combo strike appear to be similar in yield. Provoke interests me - I think that it may also be matching your enmity to that of the highest current aggro engaged on the target. I can't wait to see some data :)

ebil

I don't know, I've been playing GLA and LNC to lv30 and I've not had many probelms with hate management, unless I was partying with my Curebomb-happy CNJ friend (guy loves using Medica at every opportunity, even on single-target heals) as GLA. As a LNC, I was constantly watching my hate list on multiple mobs and I would switch mobs when my hate would get too high. It worked out well and was pretty efficient. Hate management seems to mostly be a team effort this time around.
First I never used voke as starter hate skill, somehow it dosn't seems to add much enmity initially. Seems much more effectively to use it when you lose aggro on an enemy, actually it will always came back to me without problem, much better than shiled lob.
You're right. To my understanding, Provoke is a taunt-like move in ARR, meaning it forces the enemy unto you for a set (short-ish) period of time but doesn't build any lasting hate. As a LNC, I was able to grab hate right away when my GLA would pull with Provoke. So I feel like it's not an efficient move to include in your rotation so much as a reaction-type of move.
Edit:- Another thing I didn't know if I should be focusing on Vit or Str, I imagine that hate mechanics are centred around str so maybe that might be part the issue ?
The best enmity-generating move so far seems to be Fast Blade > Savage Blade, so every bit of damage helps, I think. I pretty much focused on STR only since I have a crapton of HP with gear as a GLA.

omlet

The light burns :(

Well there is the fact everyone will have to level all their jobs, and you only have 3 regions to quest to level in. After that it's the same ol same ol.
"Have to" in quotation marks. Cross-class skills are all learned at midlevel. Players will not need everything at 50 to have a good tool set to do events with.

MMO are all about end games now. It doesn't have to be, but it is. Mid levels are no longer about anything but teach you some basics of how to play the class/job you play.
Well, the thing is... First, yeah, unfortunately most MMOs focus heavily on endgame. This shouldn't be the case, but it is.

But secondly, here is the real question that I have, and I think is one question that lots of that crying on the forums is really getting at (just not expressing in a very good way): if low-mid levels are just to teach you how to play, why make it take so long to get to endgame, when you can't even practice a lot of the things relevant to playing that part of the game until you are there?

Why design a new game from the ground up with so much padding if the ultimate focus is endgame (in general)? Why have 50 levels of fluff before the game demands anything of you (in 1.x)? Why spend all that development time on it (in general)? If leveling is "content," then why does it feel vapid like so much like cotton candy? If leveling is a way to tell the game's story, why is there so much irrelevant "kill 6 x because I'm too lazy to" and "pick up these flowers I dropped" bullshit in the mix (hi2u WoW, TERA questing)? If leveling is just a tutorial for levelcap content, then why is the level cap 50 instead of like... 5? Does it take 50 levels to learn how to cast a cure or use a weaponskill combo? Didn't take me that long in 1.x. And at the same time, does the leveling experience in an MMO ever really prepare you (the player, not your character) for levelcap content?

In a case like WoW, it is unfair to complain about the leveling speed being so short now because that game is so old; the leveling speed now is an evolution of the game and its content over the years. Even XI now with abyssea is in the same boat kind of.

That's well and good. But these are old games. ARR is not an old game so since levels aren't going anywhere from what has been said, I hope the leveling experience is more substantial, especially for newcomers.

Edit:
The best enmity-generating move so far seems to be Fast Blade > Savage Blade, so every bit of damage helps, I think. I pretty much focused on STR only since I have a crapton of HP with gear as a GLA.
Considering tanking in 1.x as PLD was heavily reliant on being able to land your melee combos for consistent damage, this is no surprise to hear. I was STR/MND PLD in 1.x (the two stats that were mods for PLD WS) and it worked well.

Lucis

Wow waking up and finding out P1 will last a bit more. I am very ok with that actually. I can get my GLD a big higher and probably level arc/lnc a bit so i have sub ability to mess around. This way I can pass P2 completely other than trying controller out lol.

As for all the GLD hate management talk, I had no major problem with this at all. Even running dungeon as level 25/30 newly qualified tank with 3-4+ level DPS, I hardly ever lose agro. some times if they attack different target than I am I will lose agro, but nothing a provoke + shield lob can't fix. Also agro is never a problem on boss, with boss that spawn adds, simply lob them and then flash.

As for mid game, well the first thing need to consider is that, if you want a mass market MMO. You will need to be able to take in mind the majority of people don't have hours at a time to spend on it. Most days I have time to sit down to play, I will likely only have 1-2 hours to do something. Old style FF11 xp party would never work out again for me. What ARR have now seems about right, do some leves, run into some fate, run a dungeon. That's the mid level stuff that you can do in short time span.

The leveling speed is actually plenty fast. During this beta I really only played 2 nights + yesterday. I got to level 30. I am just hoping at end game there are stuff that can be done in short time span also.

I found that a friendly mention that the default "target of target" button is T, and that if you use it at the start of a fight when targeting the tank, you will be attacking his direct target helped when other DD kept attacking other things. If the mob was still targeting the tank when it died, you can just press it again to go back to the tank, then again for the new mob that the tank is targeting.

Of course I was one of the 2 DD in any party so there couldn't be that big of a problem.

I have had only 1 wipe in the process of getting to 30, and that's in Hakkuen during the last boss. It was 1 English speaker, 2 Japanese speaker and me. The Japanese thought of doing boss one way and the English speaker thought it was meant to be done in another way. Eventually I mediated and translated for both sides and we got the boss down. This moment kinda made me feel like I am playing FF11 again... (in my own way and how I experienced 11) with a newer and "better" game. However the eventual segregation of the server when they will be located in separate geological locations might mean this kind of experience will no longer be had =(

Even with a level 30 healer and tank the only way I ever did that boss was straight up burn the boss. Only adds I might kill were the bombs, but by the end I wouldn't even bother with that. Couldn't believe how simple that fight was, but also could have been because of how good all my tanks were at rounding up all the other adds. Is there another way to do the fight? I assumed there was something that could be done with the candles around the edge, but never tried.

By the by, anyone else get mad at how cool the gladiator gear looked from that instance compared to all the other gear?

Something else I noticed was how relatively weak or how long of a cool down any of the class buff skills are or have. Blood for blood giving 10% damage for 15 seconds but with a 90 second cool down for one. Life surge just being a guaranteed crit with small heal on 90 seconds for another. This seems like the downside of the cross class skill thing as both of those things seem to not justify their cool down time. Same with keen flurry only giving 20% more parry, but could see why that would be op if a tank got it and it did more. Going to bet all these things have non sharable traits that make them more worth it or something.

Jarnet87

Kind of sucks were not at P2 yet, but at least we know they are trying to get the kinks out before they move. I may play some this upcoming weekend. Got to 17 on my Archer and did TTD once. I'll probably try out a Lancer or Conjurer for P2. Is it in P3 that we will be able to start out as more disciples of war/magic?

P3 will have the bulk of things available.. more character customization options, limsa lominsa and ul'dah leveling paths available, limit breaks, free companies, 1.0 character imports, and the start of PS3 beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom