• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

maybe he unlocked the gladiator, which in this beta makes you level 10 gladiator instantly
and then he did the level 10-15 for that job, so he instantly reaches level 15?

There is instant 1-15 for ARC LNC CNJ, i forgot where they are, each of them are in a different map in the black shroud, not sure if you have to be 15 at least once on a class to use them though.

Qvoth

There is instant 1-15 for ARC LNC CNJ, i forgot where they are, each of them are in a different map in the black shroud, not sure if you have to be 15 at least once on a class to use them though.

:O
i'll try to find out

edit: ok, hope i'm not breaking nda too much with this...
Speak to one of the following NPCs after completing the quest "Spirithold Broken." Please note that your character must be a Disciple of War or Magic and below level 15.
Gladiator: Miriela (Buscarron's Druthers, South Shroud)
Lancer: Herluin (Hyrstmill, North Shroud)
Archer: Wlfric (Quarrymill, South Shroud)
Conjurer: Marinterre (Little Solace, East Shroud)
Please speak to the NPC corresponding to the class you wish to level.

Chairhome

Chair Home on Tonberry (I wasn't very creative with the name). I enjoyed it a lot more than the V1 beta. I'm level 8 or 9 now, Lancer. Will try to play more tomorrow.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I loved GW2's event system, so I'm glad FFXIV has the fate system. Enjoy running into those.

Jinko

I just dont want to land in a server with a fucked up economy, plus starting from scratch on an MMO "launch" is always fun :D.

Can't see it being messed up like some are expecting, the economy is going to messy for the first few days on either servers until people get a feel for what everything is worth again.

Ala Alba

Isn't this beta supposed to include controller support? I can't seem to get my 360 one working.

If your computer has multiple controller-like devices, it arbitrarily(?) picks one to be your controller and maps all buttons based on it. The solution (atm) seems to be uninstalling all other controller devices and deleting your FFXIV.cfg file (it will create a new one with the correct button mapping).

At least, that's what happened for me.

BlackJace

Anybody know what my problem is?

I'm trying to update, but I keep getting:

A problem occurred while updating, please restart the program.

Zozobra

I'm installing this right now, hopefully give it a go this evening.

Is it fairly clear where to go for the new player, or is it super ambiguous like FFXI was?

Seems like a lot of the things being discussed in this thread fall under the NDA. Not sure why people are talking about gameplay stuff in a public thread @.@

BlackJace

Belch, this is ridiculous. How am I supposed to help beta test, when I can't update the game? Come on Square, I really want to have a reason to pick up the full game :p

EDIT: After 3 hours of resetting, I've gotten the full shabang to complete.

Belch, this is ridiculous. How am I supposed to help beta test, when I can't update the game? Come on Square, I really want to have a reason to pick up the full game :p

EDIT: After 3 hours of resetting, I've gotten the full shabang to complete.

How'd you fix it? It just randomly started working after resetting? The only thing I could think of was turning off any antivirus programs.

Well using the token app proven to be an error. I can't either play the beta or enter my SE account since the codes the app give me are "wrong". It was working fine until today which started giving me errors.

Not support until monday so no more beta testing for me. Fuck you SE and your shitty app...

BlackJace

How'd you fix it? It just randomly started working after resetting? The only thing I could think of was turning off any antivirus programs.

Each time the error occurs, exit the launcher, go to the game's files and delete the PATCH file.

Restart the update, and it should progress further than it did the last time.

Rinse and repeat until it finally finishes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm so confused. How are people becoming Gladiators?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out but have no idea where the thing I need to do is.

Chairhome

I gave a good 5 or 6 hours to the beta, and I like what I've played so far. Pretty sure I'm down to get this day 1 now. I was in the original beta and this felt way better.

Hopefully I can get some friends to play, too, or find some people who play this more casually on GAF. I think I'm gonna stop till next phase though.

Foffy

Banned
Does anything from this beta carry over to the final? I did all of the main quests on offer, and I feel I missed a lot of it did. Also, are there any incentives for Beta users regarding the final version? I'm not sure if I'm ready to plow down a monthly fee just yet on XIV; I think my money may better be spent on FFXI if I want a Final Fantasy MMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom