• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
Have these new screenshots been discussed? They were only released today as far as I'm aware.

Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-6.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-14.jpg

Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-15.jpg

Rest here:
http://gamingbolt.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-screenshots-a-closer-look-at-environments

Lucent

I'm hoping to get in on the PS3 beta. Unfortunately, I didn't get a code with my copy of FFXIII so I don't get any special treatment. =/

Jijidasu

Having a quick glance at the picture I can see some interesting names for dungeons.
They're mostly cut off so I can't see them all so some of this is guess work.

Natural stronghold, Corroded Den Sashtasha (something to do with Sahagin)
Tamtara
Blocked mine shaft Copperbell
Beastmen territory Halatali
Totorak
Haunted mansion of Haukke
Recapture of Breif..something
Wanderer's Palace
Buried temple of Karun
Aurum Vale.

ebil

So a chance for phase 3 to start 31st May?

Yup, i think so too.
I never really paid attention to it but what's the policy for Betas on PSN? Can they come out any day of the week or are there restrictions depending on Store updates?
If that's the case, it should make the starting day easier to predict. I think Crysis 3 and GoW:A betas came with regular updates (then again, the Beta client could/should be available before it starts).

N.A

Banned
I never really paid attention to it but what's the policy for Betas on PSN? Can they come out any day of the week or are there restrictions depending on Store updates?
If that's the case, it should make the starting day easier to predict. I think Crysis 3 and GoW:A betas came with regular updates (then again, the Beta client could/should be available before it starts).

I would imagine the client will go up before the servers are active so I doubt Sony's PSN schedule will affect things. The last two live letters have been followed by the beta starting the next day.

ebil

I would imagine the client will go up before the servers are active so I doubt Sony's PSN schedule will affect things. The last two live letters have been followed by the beta starting the next day.
Well, if the client does comes out on PSN before the Live Letter, we'll be settled with a date, then! May 31st would be awesome.

OMG black ppl hair.... megaton

Hype x 1000

Yeah, this was my reaction, too. I'm so glad I'm no longer forced to make a Japanese guy with dark chocolate skin. XD

And long hair on girls is greatly appreciated. A lot of the armors look odd with the original bowl cuts.

Hype x 1000

Yeah, this was my reaction, too. I'm so glad I'm no longer forced to make a Japanese guy with dark chocolate skin. XD

And long hair on girls is greatly appreciated. A lot of the armors look odd with the original bowl cuts.

Lol! Just a few more options make a world of difference no? As long as it isn't the cornrows, bald and afro options only.

Riposte

Damn, looks real good.

Glad the game is going to push diversity. Is it the only current MMO where you can make legit looking African American themed characters?

Looks like we're getting a lot more hairstyles too, so hyped.

You can't make any African Americans in Eorzea, no.

Teknoman

Hype x 1000

lol my reaction exactly. I'm still going to keep my crazy design close cut if anything though. Maybe if they have a smaller afro or curly hair type...

We're going to get a chance to edit our 1.0 characters right? Also I really REALLY hope the team reconsiders about selling those Meteor survivor shirts.

Jijidasu

I doubt phase 3 will start on the 31st, seems like far too much of a rush given they'll want to roll out all of the invites and give people time to download the client, right?

I doubt phase 3 will start on the 31st, seems like far too much of a rush given they'll want to roll out all of the invites and give people time to download the client, right?

yeah, that is doubtful.

I think it will start on the 6th or 7th

Phase 2 started on april 12th.. approx. 7 days after Live Letter Part VI

Yoshi has been saying "end of the month" for the release date reveal as well.. whereas the 20th was thrown around at the nico nico event.. I wonder if we'll get a release date announced before the 30th... and they were supposedly doing internal testing of the ARR Lodestone site this past week at SE... that's probably coming pretty soon, too.

Akuosa

The paladin wallpaper is out, so we have all the 1.0 jobs already.

I guess there will be another one with that summoner image we've already seen, but now I'm wondering if we'll have a little surprise with the scholar too... although that sounds more like something to be anounced at an event, like the Live letter or even E3.

Fox the Sly

Damn, looks real good.

Glad the game is going to push diversity. Is it the only current MMO where you can make legit looking African American themed characters?

Looks like we're getting a lot more hairstyles too, so hyped.

Nope, EVE Online does a great job with allowing you to create convincing black people.

http://abload.de/gallery.php?key=pN2xXkGx

There's a thread on the ARR beta forum about black hairstyles and someone posted this picture of Usher as an example. It would seem like SE paid attention. :p

tumblr_m70es4OkxL1r0zmt5o1_500.jpg

Teknoman

Oh right. Have they revealed the other known jobs limit breaks yet? I've been out of the news loop since the last beta phase before gamepad.

Jinko

Limit break conversation in parties will go like.

Monk "Ok lets use my limit break"
Black Mage "No mine does more damage"
Warrior "Mine looks the best though"
White Mage "Use mine"
Everyone "No yours is shit"

Jijidasu

So if the niconico event is anything to go by we should be getting several new videos this week, even Odin should be making an appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom