• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Seems like someone ripped it out of the ie10 promotion site. That job is holding a book but the armour itself doesn't look anything like what the previous Arcanist art was shown in, also the forefront illustrations are all jobs, could it be a Scholar?

ebil

It certainly looks like a Scholar.

Edit: Since she looks like that Elezen girl on the official Arcanist artwork by Yoshida (and she's holding a book), could SCH be revealed as the first alternate job for ACN ?
R7vcCUI.png

suzu

what's that job below puglist?
it could be arcanist since it's weapon is a book, but why is it the only class included?

Probably arcanist.

That new artwork reminds me of the promotional art from Tactics Ogre: LUCT. lol

pantsmith

what's that job below puglist?
it could be arcanist since it's weapon is a book, but why is it the only class included?

The hat screams scholar. Thats the traditional "look" for scholar- also, the same hat Yoshida used to designate scholar in Four Heroes of Light.

Wouldn't make sense to be arcanist if everyone is in their AF sets.

LowParry

That.....looks like a Scholar to me. Hmmmm. Either way, some surprise for the game would be welcomed while E3 approaches.

Qvoth

I fixed up the image earlier for my own use. Changed the white to green because white background are uncomfortable on my eyes. Had to hand-draw in some of the details that the logos destroyed.

would you mind doing this again but with white background? please? :p

Jijidasu

would you mind doing this again but with white background? please? :p

Sorry, I'm not at home right now so I can't do it anything but I'm pretty sure I didn't save it as a .psd so it might be a bit annoying to fix it up. I'll see what I can do when I get home.

ebil

Heh, that last one is amazing, I never catched it in KH2, I've always associated that classic pose with Kain only (all of your other pictures and mine are Kain's). :D

omlet

I played the first 2 months.

You should be set, then. As long as you had a registered and activated account at some point during 1.x's lifetime; buying the game wasn't/isn't the requirement. People who got in via friend codes (and didn't buy the actual game but registered a key to their SE account) will get new PC client as well. People who bought the game after new account registration was closed may or may not be able to use those old keys to create an ARR account (probably not, but I don't think it's been confirmed?).

Somebody was complaining how the FFXIV races don't differ as much as FFXI, or how they all look like variations of humans? I think this is a good example. They literally look like humans with cat ears and tail. I kinda miss the more bestial features in the races of FFXI.

Galka (big hulky beasts) > Roedlkvevje (big humans)
Mithra (cat creatures) > Miqote (humans with cat appendages)
Taru > Lalafell (more human and taller)

I think lalafell bug me the most. I don't find them cute at all... mostly creepy. And I mained a taru. I wish they took the chance to revamp the races a bit with ARR.
agree with all of this. It's been bugging me quite a bit. I wish the animations were more "beastly" for the non "human" characters as well.

Jijidasu

Cross posting this from BG forums, thought it was interesting.

From the amazon page of the game: "a flexible 18 choice class system"

1,2: Archer, Bard
3,4: Lancer, Dragoon
5,6: Pugilist, Monk
7,8: Gladiator, Paladin
9,10: Marauder, Warrior
11,12: Thaumaturge, Black Mage
13,14: Conjurer, White Mage
15, 16: Arcanist, Summoner
17,18: ???, Scholar

If you discount jobs and add in disciples of the land and hand the total becomes 19. Could be nothing, could be something...

Link to the amazon page: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SBZD9G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

^ Maybe the Scholar discipline is Geomancer? I heard that bandied about a couple of times last year.

agree with all of this. It's been bugging me quite a bit. I wish the animations were more "beastly" for the non "human" characters as well.

I honestly wish that the beast races were playable, for variety. If Guild Wars can do it, this game certainly can...

Jinko

Shouldn't Hydaelyn have some sort of ring since Dalamud exploded? Or did all the shards vaporize/ hit the planet?

Didn't it enter and explode in the atmosphere ? so nope.

Scholar sounds interesting, glad to see we get another DoM class, hope it has healing capabilities.

Vashetti

Banned
With their recent talk about further breakthroughs in optimisation for the PS3, could we potentially see the game make the jump to 720p?

Or at least a better framerate?

Munba

9468.jpg

We’re proud to announce that FFXIV: A Realm Reborn will be at E3 2013 in Los Angeles on June 11-13! While things are a bit hectic as our E3 preparations are in full swing alongside our Beta Phase 3 planning, the development and operations teams have been working hard to prepare exciting content for E3 attendees. If you’re able to attend, you'll definitely want to stop by the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn area at the Square Enix booth! Just what will the attendees be playing at the show? While we don’t want to ruin the surprise, we can say we're planning to let them try out some exciting battle content!

Since E3 is an industry-only event, many people won't be able to participate -- but don't worry! We're also prepping a lot of new videos (including an awesome new trailer!), assets and even some... hm, how should we say... "live" streamed entertainment? We'll have lots of juicy announcements for those of you watching at home, so be sure to mark your calendars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom