• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

ce.png

OHMYGAWD.

Sin

New Letter!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61957-Letter-from-the-Producer-XLVI-%2805-23-2013%29

Letter from the Producer, XLVI (05/23/2013)
Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. We're now in the homestretch of our preparations for phase 3 of the beta test. Today is a special day, and I wanted to share my excitement with you all by way of my forty-sixth Letter from the Producer!

After keeping fans on edge for what must have felt like an eternity, today we finally announced the release date for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! To coincide with this, we’ve also begun accepting preorders!

I hope you're all ready, because the adventure begins August 27, 2013! You're probably all curious about the timing of the release, but taking into account everyone's feedback from the beta test along with our goals for the start of A Realm Reborn, this is the date we've decided on. This will be a simultaneous worldwide release for both the PC and PlayStation 3.

Today’s announcement is accompanied by a slew of information. We have samples of the box art, brand-new illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano, the contents of the collector’s edition, and info on pricing as well as preorder bonuses.

We wanted to make sure everyone has the opportunity to explore Eorzea, and so we've done our best to make the game as affordable as possible. Having said that, a lot of work went into the collector's edition, so if you enjoy memorabilia, you won't be disappointed (but even this will be offered at barely cost price). Those of you who played Version 1.0 or are planning to play on PlayStation 3, make sure to read the Lodestone for more details(US/EU) before preordering.

We've also released a new video today - FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn - A Tour of Eorzea, Part 2(US/EU).

Optimization of the PlayStation 3 version is coming along nicely, and you'll be able to see we're really pushing it to the limit. Those planning to play on the PlayStation 3 will want to check it out!

There's a lot to be excited about, but there's still a mountain of work to do before release. As always, in order to bring you all the best game possible, I'm prepared for more sleepless nights in the office.

Well, I better get back to preparing for beta 3, but I'll see you all soon in my seventh LIVE letter. Until next time!

Jinko

Heh my prediction for late August was right, what do I win >.>

I want the pre-order items :O

Edit:- It says before pre-ordering 1.0 players should read the lodestone and in SE fashion I am still confused.

I assume if you are a 1.0 player and own the CE you still need to pre-order the game to get the pre-order special items ... :S

Are you looking at the SE store? There should be a bunch of "also available" links near the top.

I think the EU SE-Store not working (maybe it's my office PC blocking something). Did find it on the US store.... just unsure if it is safe to buy ps3 us version.... wouldn't want to mess up with region for later downloads and things.

Animekatt

That CE is too beautiful. It's so nice to finally have a release date. We are close to the finish line...

I'm hoping either Gamestop or Amazon gets the PS3 CE. I really don't want to deal with DR.

Jarnet87

This CE is so much nicer then the 1.0 version. At least we (people who bought the original CE) are getting the in game items. I haven't played since the beginning of Phase 2, may jump in a little during P3 or open beta. I've played enough that I don't really want to experiment anymore and will be giving it at least a couple months at launch.

Jinko

I spotted a heavy female japanese moan!

(around 3:10)

also those bikinis took me right out of the immersion :(

my reaction "oh man everything looks fantas-bikinis? why?" then i thought "japan"

Yea I had a similar moment with the trio of cat girls dancing in bakini's.

creid

I'm hoping either Gamestop or Amazon gets the PS3 CE. I really don't want to deal with DR.
Sounds like they will. Someone asked on the PS Blog and SE responded that they'd be "working with their retail partners" to offer the PS3 CE. Doesn't sound too good for anyone shooting for the PC CE, though.

Jinko

Can't find a place to buy the EU physical CE online :(

Check Game or Amazon tomorrow, Kagari reckons the CE is only being distributed via Digital River, although I doubt that would apply to EU.

There is no physical copy on the SE site so its all a bit strange.

Check Game or Amazon tomorrow, Kagari reckons the CE is only being distributed via Digital River, although I doubt that would apply to EU.

There is no physical copy on the SE site so its all a bit strange.

They're fixing that -

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...ugust-27-2013!?p=995172&viewfull=1#post995172

Bayohne said:
The Square Enix Europe store will continue to add new options for FFXIV: ARR in the coming days (including the physical versions!) so please stay tuned! Alternatively, there are retailers that are currently taking pre-orders for those as well! :D

Jinko

If anyone needs me I'll be at thundersticks.

(probably only a few of you will get that)

Part of Dalamud landed on Thundersticks >.>

This is worrying.

Part of me thinks I should just not bother with the pre-order stuff, we know shits guna hit the fan what with PC and PS3 versions being different, different regions, existing characters etc.

Jijidasu

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to wait for an online physical place to pop up before I can order.

I wonder what they'll have to show in the live letter now they've shown practically everything in the walk-through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom