• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

I'm probably going to buy the new CE even though I already have the original. I'll display them side by side with the NA 1.0 CE facing backwards (It has XIV written there with the Amano logo art, love it) and then the new one forwards. The CE is way too damn nice to pass up.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I will buy another CE.. but because i cant change the region of my SE account now i'm moving to Tokyo.. i will need to buy in EU. (for the pre-order codes)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
When i see "Urth's Gift" something remind me boyanda tree.

LowParry

Hmmmm. Hmmmm. I think I'll just digital it. As much as I'd want that goddamn sweet stuff with the real purchase, I think I'll just hang back with the digital collectors for the convenience.

Allard

PS3 version requires 12gb of HDD space (minimum).

So glad I got a new PS3 recently after my old phat died, 250 GB of space, I should have no problem with the game for a while. Going to use the PS3 as a second PC and dual box my accounts with it XD.

Teknoman

Wtf Square. You give us ARR for free, then release an awesome Collectors edition that actually looks worth the price?

Dat box art, book, soundtrack, everything *_*

Then again, i'll be happy with all the extra DLC for free...I guess. Still want that art book.

I wonder if they could pull an XI (sent beta testers full versions of the PS2 game with HDD), and send all purchasers of 1.0 CE a 2.0 CE?

EDIT: The sounds of Thanalan are awesome. As they should be.

Credo

I was getting the PS3 version anyway, so I just cancelled my order from Digital River and told them to pound sand, then I ordered from Amazon. I'd wait. DR is that bad.

How easy is it to cancel the preorder from Digital River? I want the physical PC Collector's Edition, so I thought about pre-ordering it from them right now in case something weird happens and I can't get it from Amazon or Gamestop.

Mature

How easy is it to cancel the preorder from Digital River? I want the physical PC Collector's Edition, so I thought about pre-ordering it from them right now in case something weird happens and I can't get it from Amazon or Gamestop.
It took 5 minutes. Just followed a link in the confirmation email, input the last 5 digits of my card and plugged in my order number and there was an option to cancel. Put my reason (Not trusting DR) and it was done. Though with them I don't doubt that they'd screw it up, so be careful.

Teknoman

As long as there are constantly things to do/ story to progress/places to actually explore/battles that are pretty fun/rare equipment that isnt too much of a time sink...i'm good.

Honestly from what i've seen in the beta, that shouldnt be too much of a problem. Especially the exploration part. Truly looks like a Final Fantasy game now.

Looking at that video with the hair and cloth physics in play...shouldnt they be able to make actual mantles/capes/scarves visible equipment now?

LowParry

As long as there are constantly things to do/ story to progress/places to actually explore/battles that are pretty fun/rare equipment that isnt too much of a time sink...i'm good.

Honestly from what i've seen in the beta, that shouldnt be too much of a problem. Especially the exploration part. Truly looks like a Final Fantasy game now.

Looking at that video with the hair and cloth physics in play...shouldnt they be able to make actual mantles/capes/scarves visible equipment now?

I think the most I look forward to are your pictures that come into the OT of your character dead :D Bah, be August already, I want to plaaaaaay!

Riposte

Part of Dalamud landed on Thundersticks >.>

This is worrying.

Part of me thinks I should just not bother with the pre-order stuff, we know shits guna hit the fan what with PC and PS3 versions being different, different regions, existing characters etc.

Why is this shit so complicated? Goddamn. I'm petrified of pre-ordering something incorrectly. That's not exactly what they want me to feel.

Thank goodness for this. They should really put something like this on the lodestone/official site.

Still not sure which one to get yet (i.e. PS3 CE or PC CE). If I'm gonna buy the entire game again for the physical items, I'd like to be able to just give the key for the base game to one of my friends, but I'm hearing that the in-game bonuses will be tied to that key...?

Allard

Another update on the lodestone, details broadcasting schedule for FFXIV on the new Square-enix community stream for E3 (but no times or dates are given when they will appear)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=8ca12c6bd54a0d09896600784069d891099022b3

3 events: 1 producer letter live entirely in Japanese, special community battle event and recap with english community managers, and lastly 1 "English" live producer letter with Fernehalwes (Translator), Yoshida and Bayohne.

Riposte

From the looks of it, that explanation is killing my plan and is altogether very restrictive. I can't buy a PS3 CE and then both give myself the items and get my brother a PS3 account as there seems to be just one code. So it is a choice of "paying 80 dollars for a few items and some physical junk I don't want/maybe could resell" or "paying my brother an agreed amount so he can have an account with the items I want". That's also assuming I'll be able to play the PS3 version if the PS3 account is tied to his FFXIV one. This leaves me with the option of just saying "fuck it", having him buy his own cheap standard edition (50 whole dollars cheaper IIRC), and just getting over the pre-order/CE bonus stuff (and maybe the ability to play on PS3). Honestly, it is for the best, because I should know better than to want to gather up those extraneous collectables in a game of a type I don't even like. But admittedly, FF MMOs are a weak spot for me. I've shamelessly bought soundtracks for in-game furniture, although it was awesome furniture so no regrets.

There is the possibility this game will be another obscene bomb, though I hope it isn't, and I can just pick up my own CE for 30 bucks down the line. Alternatively, I could see this being another "WoW" situation where stupid little pets go on eBay for hundreds of dollars.

I think I should be fine on playing the PS3 if he makes his own email-based PS3 account and links his to that. The PS3 account I have now can then be linked to mine. The disc and console can then be shared. Am I right?

dwix

Man that is an awesome CE! Gonna be a tough decision on whether to get it or not. Spending that much on a game I already own is gonna be hard to justify, but maybe having a PS3 version as a back-up would be nice... Yes... That's what I need... A backup copy...

The new footage is awesome too (ODIN!). Looking forward to launch :)

Allard

If only the NDA was up :(

Just a reminder, the NDA will never be up officially for Alpha and phase 1-2 stuff, the reason it says partial NDA removal for phase 3 and 4 is they have explicitly mentioned you are still under NDA for previous beta/alpha phases.

Riposte

Oh, I'm going to need the assistance of someone with killer rig to create a highly quality gif of my character doing the thumbs-up emote. Gifcam should make it easy enough. We'll get together during the next beta or something.

Teknoman

Just a reminder, the NDA will never be up officially for Alpha and phase 1-2 stuff, the reason it says partial NDA removal for phase 3 and 4 is they have explicitly mentioned you are still under NDA for previous beta/alpha phases.

Well that definitely cuts out alot of screenshots.

At any rate, here are two from the old days:

ibuwljUgQueWoD.jpg

ib0oKORvtKo5Lb.jpg

Jinko

Only for the first month. Once the sub kicks in, the population will drop again. :p

Haha yup.

Still not sure which one to get yet (i.e. PS3 CE or PC CE). If I'm gonna buy the entire game again for the physical items, I'd like to be able to just give the key for the base game to one of my friends, but I'm hearing that the in-game bonuses will be tied to that key...?

From what I gather the pre-order items are a seperate code kind of like DLC, which I imagine is separate to the activation code, don't quote me on it tho lol.

I can't see how you can add two activation codes to an existing account, unless they change the account page.

if i buy the PS3 version, do i get access to the PC version as well via client download?

Nope.

N.A

Banned
Scholar confirmed?

Hello all!
Fernehalwes here.

I know a lot of you guys have already seen the new box art (on sale August 27th, pre-order yours today), but thought you might be interested in how else it is being used. First, I found this massive tapestry on display in one of the dev team meeting areas:

JP20130524_1-thumb-300x399-525.jpg

Rumor has it that all of the gear shown here is actually in the game! Which would mean that bookish beauty in the mortar board on the far right is...!!!

Ahem! I also saw these sweet signed posters drying on the desk outside the director's booth:

JP20130521_1.jpg

Now tell me those wouldn't look good in any steakhouse, rumpus room, or dental clinic waiting area.

I would have signed them as well, but they ran out of room and it was either me or Art Director Akihiko Yoshida. I let the poor guy have it....this time. ;)

Fernehalwes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom