• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

In that case, I'll probably end up joining that group. I don't have Legacy status.

Not sure what legacy account status has to do with it? If you had a character in 1.x and you want to keep playing that character you can do so and rejoin NeoBelieve (or not) because by default your character from 1.x is going to land on the same server it was on in 1.x (the servers may be renamed but it will still be the same player base, thus the same server, that it was in 1.x).

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
That's a good question! I don't know for sure so I can't answer for him but he still hangs out on mumble with us and seems to be still showing interest in ARR. He was playing PSO2 even before 1.x went offline, though, so maybe he'll be juggling both. If he doesn't post a reply here by tonight maybe I'll try to pry an answers out of him. :p

Ease up a bit, how so?

Edit:

Hmm? :?

He was the LS owner in 1.x, but the Red Dot leaders (Ravi and I) and a couple other people were all sackholders. He'll probably be the one primarily managing it in ARR, too, assuming he is able to get the PSO2 claws out of his soul.

lol

Feels weird talking about RD like this. I know its changed a lot since I first made it. Who are you on 14 again? I forgot. lol

Honestly I think just making a fresh new casual LS for the start of ARR would be best. I've told a few people I wasn't interested in leading again but for a casual LS for new players I would take up that responsibility again if that's okay with others. Just a suggestion, I don't mean to start any drama or step on someones toes over it. Whatever is decided will be cool.

It sounds like most of the original FFXIV GAF are sticking to their current Legacy World shells and future FCs.

I've mentioned this before but I'm willing to start a new GAF Free Company on a fresh server, for those that want to start anew, if enough people are interested in joining. Due to regional servers, this will be a NA server.

dwix

Not sure what legacy account status has to do with it? If you had a character in 1.x and you want to keep playing that character you can do so and rejoin NeoBelieve (or not) because by default your character from 1.x is going to land on the same server it was on in 1.x (the servers may be renamed but it will still be the same player base, thus the same server, that it was in 1.x).

Oh! Well, clearly I misunderstood how the legacy servers were going to work. Either way, I'll probably still hop on a new server and start a new character. Thanks for the info.

It sounds like most of the original FFXIV GAF are sticking to their current Legacy World shells and future FCs.

I've mentioned this before but I'm willing to start a new GAF Free Company on a fresh server, for those that want to start anew, if enough people are interested in joining. Due to regional servers, this will be a NA server.

I'd be interested as long as there is room for casual players.

omlet

Honestly I think just making a fresh new casual LS for the start of ARR would be best.

I agree, that's probably best for new neogaf players and for returning players who didn't really get invested in an endgame group in 1.x.

On our legacy server, that will probably be NeoBelieve like it was in 1.x.

On a new server, that will be whatever someone who takes the initiative comes up with.

I've told a few people I wasn't interested in leading again but for a casual LS for new players I would take up that responsibility again if that's okay with others. Just a suggestion, I don't mean to start any drama or step on someones toes over it. Whatever is decided will be cool.

Are you planning on staying with the Lindblum/Sargatanas established community? If so maybe you can handle the NeoBelieve side of things. If not, there's a chance to start up a fresh new casual LS on a fresh new server.

Oh! Well, clearly I misunderstood how the legacy servers were going to work. Either way, I'll probably still hop on a new server and start a new character. Thanks for the info.
np, the "legacy" term means 2 different things in regards to ARR so it can be a little confusing. Crossposting from thread in gaming forum:

Legacy character - Character that was created in 1.x
Legacy server/world - Server/world that existed at the end of 1.x
Legacy account - Account that qualified for the discounted subscription by subbing to 1.x for long enough

All legacy characters will remain on legacy worlds. By default you'll be on the same server (well, it may get renamed) you were on in 1.x. You can server transfer a legacy character but only to legacy worlds. Legacy account players are not getting moved anywhere. Anyone can create a new character on any server (that isn't full).

BLCKATK

I'd really love to play with GAF. I currently don't know where my commitment lies, I have a LS back on my old server with friends I would want to start a Free Company with, but I don't know how many of them are returning to the game. I'll just have to wait it out and see. If all goes bad I'll probably transfer over to you guys.

Jinko

lol

Feels weird talking about RD like this. I know its changed a lot since I first made it. Who are you on 14 again? I forgot. lol

Honestly I think just making a fresh new casual LS for the start of ARR would be best. I've told a few people I wasn't interested in leading again but for a casual LS for new players I would take up that responsibility again if that's okay with others. Just a suggestion, I don't mean to start any drama or step on someones toes over it. Whatever is decided will be cool.

Agree, I think when I come back I will be looking to take it a bit less serious this time, the drama and constant raiding really burnt me out after I took over from you.

Plus it will give me chance to freshen up on the new battle changes and level Arcanist etc.

Allard

Is Fishing supposed to be in Phase 3 ? I am curious to see how much different it is now.

Think all old classes are in due to the test on porting the old characters. The only launch stuff that won't be in regarding classes is Arcanist and its accompanying job(s).

Its nice to see the CSE for all the hand and land classes finally get put on display, the alchemist lab coat makes me want to level that more than I already was previously. With the change to how potions work in ARR alchemy should be a LOT more valuable both leveling and for raids through the course of the game. And since food is now a prime place to get some more specialized stats across the board (especially for crafters) that too should get quite a bit more use and become a necessity.

I just hope fishing doesn't turn into an idling activity of equip rod, set bait, sit and wait. The only fishing I can remember that I had a lot of fun with in a game was the fishing in the Breath of Fire series. Maybe something like that but with deeper mechanics and a good payout would be nice.

desu

DOL/DOH yeah! I wonder how the requirements for Luminary tools will be in ARR.

What if it's like fishing in NIER, complete with misleading instructions, and drives people insane.

Sounds like XIV 1.x fishing felt to me (often).

I agree, that's probably best for new neogaf players and for returning players who didn't really get invested in an endgame group in 1.x.

On our legacy server, that will probably be NeoBelieve like it was in 1.x.

On a new server, that will be whatever someone who takes the initiative comes up with.

Are you planning on staying with the Lindblum/Sargatanas established community? If so maybe you can handle the NeoBelieve side of things. If not, there's a chance to start up a fresh new casual LS on a fresh new server.

It is apparent so far people want something new so they can feel apart of the formation and growth in ARR. I agree that a new LS should be created for ARR and for things to be revisited for legacy players once the details of groupings and companies are laid out. A clean slate.

Munba

Hmm 11's was ok but they could do better.

Agree. Hope there is a more deep system and some sort of funny mini-game.

Yoshi-p hinted time ago, one of the thing you'll have to check is the water temperature according to the weather.

Mature

I just hope fishing doesn't turn into an idling activity of equip rod, set bait, sit and wait.
Unfortunately, from what they said, it sounds like that's what they had in mind for it. How you fish will all be determined by different factors (according to the site: season, time, place, tools, and bait) , but the actual fishing doesn't have a mini game.

I wonder what will happen to my melded fishing gear since all the stuff the materia helped with don't actually seem to be in the game, haha.

omlet

DOL/DOH yeah! I wonder how the requirements for Luminary tools will be in ARR.
Probably too easy D: I only managed to get my GSM hammer, but I was closing in on ARM/BSM as well.

Also, man I can't wait to get my metalworking aprons and alchemist CSE. I was working on gathering mats for the headgears in 1.x but never actually made them because I was tight on inventory space

Sounds like XIV 1.x fishing felt to me (often).
:D

:D :D

It is apparent so far people want something new so they can feel apart of the formation and growth in ARR. I agree that a new LS should be created for ARR and for things to be revisited for legacy players once the details of groupings and companies are laid out. A clean slate.

Sure, if neogaf members want to start fresh (either completely fresh, or start over from 1.x), by all means go for it. It would be great to have someone take the initiative on setting up a gaf group on a new server (once we know more about them) so that people have options.

Wanna play on new server and have a fresh start? Go with whatever gets put together for that.

Wanna play on an old server, whether you're new or you were on Lindblum/Sargatanas in 1.x and want to continue playing your existing character there? We will have the NeoBelieve linkshell for those people.

Not sure what you mean by revisiting for legacy players.

creid

Hmm. I'm a returning player who is definitely going to be sticking with the game but will never be a "raiding every night" player. Hoping there will be a FC for gaffers like me.

ZiZ

I never got into the DoH classes during 1.0 but in ARR I intend to max a couple of them as soon as I can. Not sure which ones to level though, probably depends on whatever the FC needs.

Ala Alba

Hmm. I'm a returning player who is definitely going to be sticking with the game but will never be a "raiding every night" player. Hoping there will be a FC for gaffers like me.

Red Dot was lucky to get an organized dungeon/primal run event going once a week, from what I remember (Hamlet Defense aside, anyway).

omlet

It is unlikely that Red Dot becomes a hardcore "raiding every night" FC. That's just not where we really want to be. That said, we do plan on doing endgame, probably in a structured manner as in with defined rules and regular schedule. However, this largely depends on how many and what kind of active members we have and what kind of endgame content is available in ARR.

Just to give you an idea with a little diagram I threw together just now, here is around where Red Dot was in the last, hm, 4-6 months, I guess, of 1.x.
rd1xb.jpg

From talking with members who have stayed in touch during this downtime between 1.x and ARR, I have no reason to believe that we're going to move very far in either direction on that sliding scale when it comes to what the FC is aiming to be and do.

Credo

I'd join this. I don't doubt that I'll do some endgame events someday, but joining an endgame guild in FFXI is what ultimately ruined the game for me, so I'm a bit skittish. I'm fine with doing leves with small groups of people, but I'm not ready to commit to a regular endgame schedule for a very long time.

Exact same situation I'm in.

Teknoman

I know i'll definitely want to tackle end game stuff at a point, but like with XI i'm more in it for the story. Dunno how involved end game will be or what we'll have to do to unlock (tier progression as Yoshi said, so I guess we'll have to progress through various pre-reqs?) but i'll definitely be there.

Just maybe not as much as I like since i'm a little busier than before.

EDIT: Mining and Botany better not be boring again lol. I mean I know its just mining and botany...but i'd like to do something more involved...like having to platform jump to get to a rare vein or discover a valuable plant.

omlet

I'd join this. I don't doubt that I'll do some endgame events someday, but joining an endgame guild in FFXI is what ultimately ruined the game for me, so I'm a bit skittish. I'm fine with doing leves with small groups of people, but I'm not ready to commit to a regular endgame schedule for a very long time.

We still had a lot of members who were mostly just casual players, or were pretty devoted players but didn't have much interest in endgame battle content. It's not like we don't want those people around; they add a healthy contrast of player types. However, a lot of us want to do endgame content and to do that we will need a group of people who share that goal.

We had Garuda on speedkill farm to the point where we could (and did) sell kills or (mostly) carry LS members through the fight for achievements. Some of us had completed relic weapons. Some of us beat Darnus hard mode.

Those of us that enjoyed doing that are going to want to keep doing similar things in ARR. That doesn't mean we have to give up all our free time every night of the week to do it, but it does mean a certain amount of organization will be needed to make those things happen. For us, ARR is not a new game really, just more like a really really long maintenance downtime. If you are like Teknoman and may not feel like jumping in right away but know you'll want to when you get there, you'd probably fit in Red Dot pretty well.

You just used a blue dot to represent Red Dot.
Why?
Don't mess with my brain.

What are you talking about. That is Red Dot's emblem. It's a Red Dot.

DrDogg

I have a lot of friends that did not play 1.x and will be starting fresh, but I haven't talked to them about Legacy servers or new servers. While I'd like to use my Legacy character, since most of my classes are around level 20, I'm not against starting fresh.

If my friends and I decide to start fresh, I'd love to see an "official fresh server" GAF LS. I'd actually like to take it one step farther and have one LS for the casual crowd, that graduates into a more hardcore LS. Something similar to NeoBelieve graduating into Red Dot. Thoughts?

I would like to head up the more hardcore LS, but I need to play more during phase 3 to determine how hardcore I"ll be in the game, and of course figure out if I'm going to a fresh server or Legacy server.

Teknoman

Well the hardcore side of things will most likely be the Free Company (FFXIV guild), not an LS.

EDIT: Putting my 2 cents in and saying it would be cool if the majority went legacy, that way everyone has a sorta familiar group to get them started socially. Also glad that XIV ARR community now seems to be more vocal in game than XIV 1.0

Mature

Hmm, maybe I'll stick to NeoBelieve, at least initially. I know I'm just going to want to run around and do stupid things.

creid

It is unlikely that Red Dot becomes a hardcore "raiding every night" FC. That's just not where we really want to be. That said, we do plan on doing endgame, probably in a structured manner as in with defined rules and regular schedule. However, this largely depends on how many and what kind of active members we have and what kind of endgame content is available in ARR.

Just to give you an idea with a little diagram I threw together just now, here is around where Red Dot was in the last, hm, 4-6 months, I guess, of 1.x.
rd1xb.jpg

From talking with members who have stayed in touch during this downtime between 1.x and ARR, I have no reason to believe that we're going to move very far in either direction on that sliding scale when it comes to what the FC is aiming to be and do.
Ah, ok. I was going off of this comment:
Agree, I think when I come back I will be looking to take it a bit less serious this time, the drama and constant raiding really burnt me out after I took over from you.
My impression of RD from the last days of 1.0 was that you were all off doing Hamlet defense (etc.) every night of the week, but admittedly this was just an assumption based on whatever chat spilled over into NeoBELIEVE.

p.s. Who/what's BG?

Hello, what happened to you anyway? I think I read something you posted on here before and you couldn't play anymore?

I took my own break from the game b/c it didn't live up to what I wanted. Came back when changes were happening, I think I got my MRD up to 45 or so? Was just leveling really as I didn't recognize a lot of people in the guild anymore. Then at some point I had my busy seasons (I'm a CPA) that make it near impossible to play any games at all for like 2.5 months lol. Hopefully that won't be a factor in the future. But I'm really excited about getting back in. I thought it was a fresh start for everyone, I would have played more if I knew my character was going to transfer over lol.

edit: I think the post you're talking about was during the first busy season when I was still playing. I came back after busy season and took my break then I think. Moral of the story: work sucks.

Lucis

I there a server decision?
I barely played 1.x briefly (still got legacy though) and don't remember if it was neoblieve that I was in. I was in an LS with lots of gaffers though.

Allard

I there a server decision?
I barely played 1.x briefly (still got legacy though) and don't remember if it was neoblieve that I was in. I was in an LS with lots of gaffers though.

Can't speak for the Neogaf server but if nothing is done, everyone is getting dropped on their old server using the old server name (they confirmed that this week, it WILL be the old server name). The region the servers will be physically placed in is another matter that hasn't been elaborated on yet which might make or break the decision to move. I am not at the server where Red Dot is at (I am on Aegis), I think everyone was on... Sargatanas?

omlet

My impression of RD from the last days of 1.0 was that you were all off doing Hamlet defense (etc.) every night of the week, but admittedly this was just an assumption based on whatever chat spilled over into NeoBELIEVE.

We really only did Hamlet Defense marathons on the weekends.

Some people did extra runs during the week, especially in the last few weeks of server uptime as people who were almost done with their 9 seals went into overdrive to finish. Other weeknight group activities included primals (mostly Garuda in the last month or two), fighting Darnus, relic-related dungeon or Ifrit Extreme runs, last-minute achievement hunting, or sitting around in town chatting or staring at dalamud and the lightning storms.

Ah, ok. I was going off of this comment:

We all know Jinko quit because of one too many exploded Vanya double melds.

Can't speak for the Neogaf server but if nothing is done, everyone is getting dropped on their old server using the old server name (they confirmed that this week, it WILL be the old server name). The region the servers will be physically placed in is another matter that hasn't been elaborated on yet which might make or break the decision to move. I am not at the server where Red Dot is at (I am on Aegis), I think everyone was on... Sargatanas?

Red Dot and NeoBelieve were on Sargatanas, yep.

desu

I really think people shouldn't worry too much, the only decision you have to make is if it will bother you to play on a server with people that might have archieved quite some stuff in 1.x already or not ...

If it bothers you, some people will get together and probably do a new guild on a new server.
If it's not a problem then you will have Red Dot / NeoBelieve, there will be tons of people with different ideas of what they want to get out of the game. You want to learn the hardest boss of the game (and you have some time), well there most likely will be a dedicated group of people trying to do just that, like omlet and some others did with Nael Van Darnus Hard at the end of 1.x! You only play on weekends and might just want to spend most of your time idling, talking, doing silly stuff ... most likely there will be enough people for that as well.

Also people usually always helped out new people with stuff (crafting, getting job quests done or doing GC quests).

Biggest gripe for me personally in 1.x was that Red Dot mostly had people from America which didn't align well with European times if you were planning on doing content. But that might be totally different in ARR.

notworksafe

I had fun in NeoBelieve and there were super helpful people that were all really nice. If you'll have me back I'd be happy to play with everyone again (as if anyone actually remembers me). :)

I'm way past my days where I can do nightly raids but on weekends it's fun to do an event or two, so I'll probably never rise above to another LS.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Alright, for those of you who are new players (and old) and don't mind playing on legacy servers (Sargatanas) we will have a new casual LS. NeoBelieve members will be "absorbed" (we're really just changing the name and leadership) in this LS.

We should start thinking of a new name now though while we have time. Something that fits the game this time too. lol

Riposte

To be honest, I'm not really into endgame stuff, I just want to beat everyone once or twice and forget about gear. However I realize to get that opportunity (and, with this game I need to it seems like, to keep up with gear) I'll have to dedicate myself to it. Which I have in the past. But I'll just saying where I stand.

That used to be my favorite site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom