• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

Oh two questions I keep forgetting to ask:

1) Has there been any more information on whether or not you'll be able to change names on ARR's launch? I'm going to change Boss Riposte into an appropriate setting name.

2) Do we keep characters from Beta 3 to 4 to launch?

Also I'm in strong favor of having a setting appropriate name for our linkshell and/or free clan (more about the latter than the former if it matters). As you might realize, that's something more to my taste. I remember there being some good suggestions for a G A F name, but that must have been months ago.

EDIT:

Just playing around:

G - Grand, Great, Guild (of), Gang, ?
A - Age (heh), Adventure, Advanced, Association, Alliance,
F - Formation, Federation, Force, Family, Flight, Fellowship, Fraternity, Fighters

Also words like Wayfinders, Pathfinders, Trailblazers, Hunters, Mercenaries, Company, etc.

desu

1) Has there been any more information on whether or not you'll be able to change names on ARR's launch? I'm going to change Boss Riposte into an appropriate setting name.

1) Afaik yes.

2) Phase 4 characters are meant to stay (they always might potentially scrap this).

omlet

You can change names once. Was confirmed on lodestone several weeks ago.

From 3 to 4, no. From 4 to launch, yes UNLESS there are bugs or exploits found and abused that SE deems serious enough to roll back phase 4 before launch.

Also I'm in strong favor of having a setting appropriate name for our linkshell and/or free clan (more about the latter than the former if it matters). As you might realize, that's something more to my taste. I remember there being some good suggestions for a G A F name, but that must have been months ago.

If you're talking about Red Dot, we'll probably be discussing a name change on the site when we get closer to launch. If you're not, the NEorzea idea is pretty good unless you're looking for something even less immersion-breaking.

notworksafe

You can change your race/look at ARR launch too, right?

I'll probably keep my name. Tacoface Delicioso is pretty setting appropriate imo.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Yeah we had a few suggestions in the old thread when thinking of names for Red Dot. I think I'll look for those.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's still not as bad as the lie you told me about the extreme slipperiness of raspberry jam allowing me to stick anything, anywhere.

...At least it was tasty.

Teknoman

You better come back a little while Renta. At least for the trial. I wonder if some of the other XI Stars of Destiny crew will pop in (Pancakes, Pai Pai, etc.) that havent shown up in this thread yet. I forget Bloodberry's GAF name, but it was always funny seeing him bark out orders mid fight when things looked like they were going south.

Just playing around:

G - Grand, Great, Guild (of), Gang, ?
A - Age (heh), Adventure, Advanced, Association, Alliance,
F - Formation, Federation, Force, Family, Flight, Fellowship, Fraternity, Fighters

Also words like Wayfinders, Pathfinders, Trailblazers, Hunters, Mercenaries, Company, etc.

Greater Aldenard Formation?

Aldernard is the main landmass. La Noscea is located on Vylbrand. So the downside to that is it technically leaves out limsa in the definition but no matter. LL is loved.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So what happened? You guys changed the name again?

And to think that I stayed up all night thinking of 23 dirty names and one serious name!

:p

omlet

Gathering Against Fate?

Struggling with the G.

Edit: Gathered Against Fate?

Giggling At Farts.

So what happened? You guys changed the name again?

And to think that I stayed up all night thinking of 23 dirty names and one serious name!

:p

Red Dot remained Red Dot until servers went down. Red Dot may still be Red Dot in ARR. Gonna be up for discussion on the site. The new LS that Dega is talking about forming is the neo-NeoBelieve (or Red Dot Zero as it was also called for a time) which will have some member overlap with Red Dot but is not really the same thing.

It sounds like most of the original FFXIV GAF are sticking to their current Legacy World shells and future FCs.

I've mentioned this before but I'm willing to start a new GAF Free Company on a fresh server, for those that want to start anew, if enough people are interested in joining. Due to regional servers, this will be a NA server.

I'm totally interested!

Was server latency an issue for EU players before? I'd love to join GAF in the game but I'm based in the UK. Hopefully enough people in a similar timezone will be playing.

Kandinsky

You better come back a little while Renta. At least for the trial. I wonder if some of the other XI Stars of Destiny crew will pop in (Pancakes, Pai Pai, etc.) that havent shown up in this thread yet. I forget Bloodberry's GAF name, but it was always funny seeing him bark out orders mid fight when things looked like they were going south.
demigod!

Wait...wut?

lol

Y'see it is like this, the neo-NeoBelieve (or Red Dot Zero as it was also called for a time) which has some member overlap with Red Dot but is not really the same thing was formed after the creation of the original Red Dot but before the formation of Red Dot II but is a mere shadow of the Gunsmith Cats and the Stars of Destiny which when the members met at intersecting points in time Vis-à-vis , it will create a paradox that will surely destroy us all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Y'see it is like this, the neo-NeoBelieve (or Red Dot Zero as it was also called for a time) which has some member overlap with Red Dot but is not really the same thing was formed after the creation of the original Red Dot but before the formation of Red Dot II but is a mere shadow of the Gunsmith Cats and the Stars of Destiny which when the members met at intersecting points in time Vis-à-vis , it will create a paradox that will surely destroy us all.

lmao, okay Colonel Sanders ;)

omlet

lmao, okay Colonel Sanders ;)

Basically it's like this.

Last year, after you quit, we saw more and more members joining Red Dot that weren't from neogaf. Our active membership was primarily not gaf members.

Somewhere along the way, Red Dot ceased to be the gaf LS and that role was given to a second LS (that had a few different names because it had to be recreated so many times to dump inactive people; Red Dot Zero, NeoBelieve, NeoBELIEVE).

This second LS was a casual, easy-come, easy-go LS, but since its leadership was also Red Dot members, it was also used as a place for RD to find aspiring new members, but only if those people wanted to. We didn't force people into or out of either LS and we didn't stop people from joining other linkshells.

Red Dot reformed a time or two, I think, but we kept the name.

Our active-at-the-end-of-1.x membership being what it was, we don't want to advertise Red Dot as "the gaf LS." Mainly because I think the expectation of "the gaf LS" is open door and Red Dot operated as application/invite-only for most of last year and plans to continue operating like that in ARR.

We were planning to have a similar setup as in 1.x where some gaf people (who might or mightn't be active members of Red Dot) would be in charge of a LS specifically for gaf members to have a place to hop into the game.

Due to the way new/old servers are going to be set up for launch, I think it would also be good for a similar casual LS be established on a new server for new players, but that is something Red Dot won't be involved in.

A chunk of the group of players comprising Red Dot at the end of 1.x is planning to get back together in ARR and form a Free Company, possibly with the name Red Dot, possibly with some other name, we haven't decided yet.

Hope that helps.

ZiZ

Alright, for those of you who are new players (and old) and don't mind playing on legacy servers (Sargatanas) we will have a new casual LS. NeoBelieve members will be "absorbed" (we're really just changing the name and leadership) in this LS.

We should start thinking of a new name now though while we have time. Something that fits the game this time too. lol

Garlean Attack Force

Garlean Annihilation Force

Credo

This is the only name I recognize and the only one that existed when I stopped about 4-5 months into it. I'm very out of touch.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
This is the only name I recognize and the only one that existed when I stopped about 4-5 months into it. I'm very out of touch.

You were probably in Gunsmith Cats. I don't think we were in SoD very long?

Btw, I am writing all the LS names suggested so far down. Even the awesome Dinosaur Adventures.

edit: oh wait, no you weren't in that LS, Credo. lol

LowParry

How does one (and many other my other friends) apply for Red Dot? That sounds right up our ally of how we want to play. We want the end game content but not like the hardcore daily grinds (although I'm sure I could pull that off, lol). We've been through the grind of guild progression so it's nothing new in our profile.

omlet

How does one (and many other my other friends) apply for Red Dot? That sounds right up our ally of how we want to play. We want the end game content but not like the hardcore daily grinds (although I'm sure I could pull that off, lol). We've been through the grind of guild progression so it's nothing new in our profile.

You can apply at the site once we have it ready for ARR. It's kinda been neglected in this downtime while we are all playing other games and stuff.

You can apply at the site once we have it ready for ARR. It's kinda been neglected in this downtime while we are all playing other games and stuff.

Are you still using the Guildworks site that I made, or something different now?

http://reddot.guildwork.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom