• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Eithne is one of the few names I recognize from way back. Eithne, Dega, Jinko, Salaadin, Oisin, Teknoman, Renta, Kawaii, and Dental are the main ones that come to mind.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Nah its cool, I kind of broke it when i was messing around so just left it.

Renta and I were talking about that earlier and we pretty much came to the conclusion that you probably just left it like that after messing around with things. lol

Mature

We understand your comments and so we took them back and reconfirmed with the development team and are able to clarify that you cannot change gear while in battle.

Whenever you're on an enemy's hate list (e.g. a paladin that's tanking Ifrit), you won't be able to change your gear. Hopefully that clears everything up, and we apologize for the initial confusion caused.
Great to hear this confirmed.

Teknoman

Anyone use an HDMI cable from their PC for comfy couch XIV? I'm thinking about doing that for PC gaming in general when my main TV is free.

Mature

Anyone use an HDMI cable from their PC for comfy couch XIV? I'm thinking about doing that for PC gaming in general when my main TV is free.
For some reason when I'm playing an MMO I like to have all the compacted information closer together and directly in front of me. I'll put it on the TV sometimes, but not often.

Teknoman

I'll be going from 1440 x 900 to 1920x1080, so hopefully I wont see too big of a performance drop (in most games overall). I'm fine a little worse than before, but nothing drastic.

For some reason when I'm playing an MMO I like to have all the compacted information closer together and directly in front of me. I'll put it on the TV sometimes, but not often.

Well realistically when people are playing on their bigger tv, they aren't actually getting a bigger viewable area. My 50" tv fills up probably less of my vision then my 24" computer screen, what with where I sit in relation to the two screens. Guess it is more of a "comfy" thing, but I'm just as comfortable for long periods on my computer chair.

I'm definitely interested to try this. I'm one of the weirds that typically prefers being at the PC, but sometimes you just wanna chill back, so if it works like that then great.

My PC resolution is 2560x1440 as well, so frames are always easier to get on an HDTV.

Tesseract

Banned
frnxxym.gif.pagespeedxvjnf.gif

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So, since we are thinking up names for the newer legacy server LS I think we should first decide if we want a name with an abbreviation of GAF or something different entirely like Stars Of Destiny/Red Dot/Dinosaur Adventure. Doesn't matter to me personally. I know in GW and other games the guilds usually come up with a name that abbreviates to GAF or just NeoGAF.

If you guys leave it to me I'm just gonna name it Egg (with a yellow dot and white background).

Hrm folks want a separate free company?

What exactly is an FC in ARR? A collection of linkshells?

Gold Armored Farmers

....wait, that dosn't sounds good.

Green Angsty Frogs

Great Amicable Friends

What exactly is an FC in ARR? A collection of linkshells?

FC is a proper modern MMO "guild". They can have housing a place to store items for the use of the FC, etc...

LS will be reduced as some kind of "private" chat channel.

Cetra

From my understanding of it a Linkshell will remain pretty much what it is, a chat channel.

A Free Company will more like a guild in other games. More robust with member ranks, etc.

Ala Alba

Hrm folks want a separate free company?

Well, Free Companies are going to be exclusive (only one membership per character), no?

It makes sense for there to be a general NeoGAF Linkshell for chatting, so those that want to join a particular FC (Like Red Dot) won't have to abandon all the NeoGAF players that decide to join a different FC.

Particularly if I'm not mis-remembering the fact that FCs are only going to have something like 128 spots.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I actually liked "Gathered Against Fate" from Jrpgfanatic. Seems to fit neogaf and the game pretty well. win-win

I don't see why we would need a separate FC then if LS are gonna be sorta like channels.

I actually liked "Gathered Against Fate" from Jrpgfanatic. Seems to fit neogaf and the game pretty well. win-win

I don't see why we would need a separate FC then if LS are gonna be sorta like channels.

That's good.

Someone here ordered from amazon eu has received the pre-order code yet?

There won't be anywhere to put them for a while will there? I thought the head start was a week ahead of launch or something. I suppose that doesn't preclude them from making codes available early though.

Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.20 GHz
4GB ram
Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Most recent stuff runs pretty smooth.

EDIT: Gathered Against Fate works for me.

Same CPU as mine, same RAM and better GPU (mine is a HD 6850). You wont have problems to get 1080p + high quality, but to get stable framerate in all situations you might have to dial back a few options.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, Free Companies are going to be exclusive (only one membership per character), no?

It makes sense for there to be a general NeoGAF Linkshell for chatting, so those that want to join a particular FC (Like Red Dot) won't have to abandon all the NeoGAF players that decide to join a different FC.

Particularly if I'm not mis-remembering the fact that FCs are only going to have something like 128 spots.

Well the idea always has to have NeoBelieve LS for GAF and eventually have them graduate to Red Dot FC. But if there's going to be a 2nd company . . .

Teknoman

Yeah figured. Ill probably turn down shadows or mess with some level of detail/view options.

For other games, not playing anything crazy like metro or crysis 3.

LowParry

Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.20 GHz
4GB ram
Radeon HD 6870 1GB

Most recent stuff runs pretty smooth.

EDIT: Gathered Against Fate works for me.

Hmmm. 1080p shouldn't be an issue but yes, as mentioned before, you'll have to dial back some of your graphic options. The big one of course is going to be shadows. I'd suggest you play around with setting and resolutions with the next phase and see where you sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom