• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorias

Banned
So I'm still playing for free. I'm not too worried but I guess I'll sub before doing a raid or anything, haha.

I'm close to unlocking Crystal Palace, can't wait for that!

In
I'm Agnes Madeleine. Pretty sure I'm friends with u. I remember grouping with u at satasha and u told me to switch my pet to emerald

I remember that dungeon run, was fun. On another note... I'm struggling to find a class to stick with. I went from THM (lvl 19) to ACN (lvl 27) and I've just started a GLD which I'm hoping to stick with until 50. Never used a tank type class before and they seem to be higher in demand compared to the other two classes I've played.

Welp, decided to resub and I updated the PC client just fine. Now I'm trying to install the game on my tablet and a fresh download is taking forever over WiFi (I want to gather/craft on it). Would it work if I transferred the game directory on my PC to an external HDD and upload it to my tablet? Would it at least reduce my patch time? I'm looking at 4 hours here.

Also looks like my security token is dying after 7 years. Still got two from the PC/PS3 CE though.

Welp, decided to resub and I updated the PC client just fine. Now I'm trying to install the game on my tablet and a fresh download is taking forever over WiFi (I want to gather/craft on it). Would it work if I transferred the game directory on my PC to an external HDD and upload it to my tablet? Would it at least reduce my patch time? I'm looking at 4 hours here.

Also looks like my security token is dying after 7 years. Still got two from the PC/PS3 CE though.

Tablet?

I would like to see this running on a tablet.

PikkonX

Hey GAF,

If you are on Ultros and in the GAF FC I made a new linkshell called "GAF Noobs" so we can chat about stupid question and get low level parties a bit easier. Let me (Arya Hodor) know if you'd like an invite.

Hello. Can I get an invite? I'm Malnil Metatron. I started on PS3, but only got to play for about 2 days due to real life. Just upgraded to the PS4 version and the beginning areas are rather barren. Thanks.

leng jai

Considering starting a console MMO. How is the PS4 version of FF14 controller wise? Is it significantly gimped compared to the PC version? Are there Australian servers?

I've never really gotten into an MMO before (haven't really tried one), but this looks kickass. I love FF, and gameplay videos look pretty solid. Do you guys think I should take the plunge?

Ken

Considering starting a console MMO. How is the PS4 version of FF14 controller wise? Is it significantly gimped compared to the PC version? Are there Australian servers?

if it's anything like controller on PC it'll be fine.

no aus servers afaik. i do believe one of the servers has their community based around aus though; tonberry i think?

I've never really gotten into an MMO before (haven't really tried one), but this looks kickass. I love FF, and gameplay videos look pretty solid. Do you guys think I should take the plunge?

yeah i know several people who play this as their first mmo and have really enjoyed it

Frazley

How do I resize windows using the PS4 touchpad? If I tap it clicks, but I can't seem to drag.

Double tap and hold. Got it figured :)

Primeau31

So, Mogstation won't let me use either credit card I have for a subscription, and it's locked me out of my PC account as a result. Really disappointed.

Is my only option to buy a time card now? Also if I purchase one on Amazon do they just send me the code? Thanks all

btkadams

It's my first MMO and I never thought I'd like one. I'm loving it! I say go for it.

Cetra

Just finished the main storyline. Yoshi-P, you glorious bastard... You did it. A Realm Reborn is one hell of an amazing game.

Why is it that I can't finish certain quests? I have two quests that I've done everything for in Gridania and when I go to the person I need to to "turn it in" it only lets me decline finishing it.

Since Ultros is full, is there any alternative or is there no way to join GAF Guild? =/

I started a new game + character just to start playing with other GAF members. I can't seem to get in Ultros, it says the capacity is full. I did submit an application on the GAF Guild website.

suzu

Since Ultros is full, is there any alternative or is there no way to join GAF Guild? =/

I started a new game + character just to start playing with other GAF members. I can't seem to get in Ultros, it says the capacity is full. I did submit an application on the GAF Guild website.

You will have to wait for them to reopen it again for character creation.

Check here for updates --> http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Swuabino

Bought ESO earlier this week, which after a few days inspired me to take this up again instead. Brushing the dust off my level 20 arcanist on Ultros and having a blast so far.

Just curious, are most of you playing with keyboard/mouse or controller? I've got the game on both PC and PS4 and can't decide which to use.

JLeack

Banned
Bought ESO earlier this week, which after a few days inspired me to take this up again instead. Brushing the dust off my level 20 arcanist on Ultros and having a blast so far.

Just curious, are most of you playing with keyboard/mouse or controller? I've got the game on both PC and PS4 and can't decide which to use.

Keyboard and mouse is always better in terms of performance.

I've recently enjoyed using a controller because it makes it feel like more of a Final Fantasy game.

It's probably pretty split. Both are viable. I use keyboard and mouse and haven't ever had a problem, but I've never tried controller. Just use what you are most comfortable with!

Aeana

Wish my group had more than two days per week to raid, but we've made pretty good progress in turn 7 in our limited time. Helps to one-shot turn 6 and get it out of the way, as we did tonight. T7 shouldn't hold out too much longer.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wish my group had more than two days per week to raid, but we've made pretty good progress in turn 7 in our limited time. Helps to one-shot turn 6 and get it out of the way, as we did tonight. T7 shouldn't hold out too much longer.

T7 seems like it will be easier to 1-shot once a group learns the mechanics. I know when we wipe in T6, it is frustrating; but when we wipe in T7 I usually laugh because of the glorious nature of the wipes.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Riiiight. A bit curious. Never got into WoW or anything. Thought it got quite tedious fast when I tried it out nearly a decade ago.

Anyhow, I'm curious about this game even so. I tend to play by myself and I ain't go no PS4-friends at all, really. So there's that. But I do like the feeling of leveling up!

Yay or nay?

madmackem

Riiiight. A bit curious. Never got into WoW or anything. Thought it got quite tedious fast when I tried it out nearly a decade ago.

Anyhow, I'm curious about this game even so. I tend to play by myself and I ain't go no PS4-friends at all, really. So there's that. But I do like the feeling of leveling up!

Yay or nay?

While its better to have friends the raids etc its easy to get in on any of them and i tend to play by myself too doing the normal level grinding so its a yay from me.

I still want to try the new turns...hopefully we beat Twin soon.

Mesharey

Why do you need TP? All you have to do is run in, flash a lot, then go make a sandwich
It seems I don't know how to use my class lol.
I just keep attacking and I don't use flash at all. XD

You're level 21 and don't know your role? You got a lot to learn, homie. Are you in the GAF FC?
There are SO MANY things I don't understand. XD
I'm in Ragnarok, so I think if I want to join in the GAF FC I'll have to be in Ultros. >_>

You can always ask a BRD to sing a song to restore your TP
BRD? What do you mean?:3
Edit: OK that's a class. :p

I want to become a Paladin later, is it good? :3

Teknoman

Keyboard and mouse is always better in terms of performance.

I've recently enjoyed using a controller because it makes it feel like more of a Final Fantasy game.

I dunno, as a Paladin and Monk, im pretty much split second reaction time with the controller. The way the crossbar works is great. Feels like an action rpg a good amount of the time, and everything is at your fingertips.

Bard

BSkDA.gif

system11

Definitely this - a lot of the popup help system is really good, but the game does kind of throw you in at the deep end in some areas, loads of unexplained TLAs. When I see all the many level 50 people talking in the FC log, it's like they're playing an entirely different game.

Why is it that I can't finish certain quests? I have two quests that I've done everything for in Gridania and when I go to the person I need to to "turn it in" it only lets me decline finishing it.

If its what I'm thinking, you need to choose a quest reward. :p You see the icons of the items in that pop up? Click on one of them!

Marv_79

Neo Member
This looks really complicated, is it?

I've never played an MMO or Final Fantasy before, will it be a massive learning curve or is it fairly noob friendly?

I've finished ISS and am itching to play something new.

Ken

This looks really complicated, is it?

I've never played an MMO or Final Fantasy before, will it be a massive learning curve or is it fairly noob friendly?

I've finished ISS and am itching to play something new.

Learning curve isn't too steep and they do throw a ton of reading material at you right from the start. A lot of things are also pretty simplified as well such as things like stat point allocation.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Learning curve isn't too steep and they do throw a ton of reading material at you right from the start. A lot of things are also pretty simplified as well such as things like stat point allocation.

If I have to do a ton of reading to play a game then it's probably not for me.

Thanks for your feed back.

Ken

If I have to do a ton of reading to play a game then it's probably not for me.

Thanks for your feed back.

It's not a huge amount and most of it is pretty simple stuff. A "ton" was hypoerbole I suppose. There's at most a paragraph of text for each topic.

Stuff like this that would be pretty helpful for someone new to MMOs. Gotta read some time, you know!

wapplew

Actually I think FF14 is perfect entry level MMO (so far), very newbie friendly.
Level progression and difficulty curve balance quite well. Only complain is the map is a bit confusing. Luckily GAF FC members are all friendly and willing to help.

One thing I like most is the friendly community. When you go dungeon with stranger, system will tell everyone if someone play that dungeon for the first time.
Everyone seems to have the patient to brief boss encounter.

Artorias

Banned
I just had to tempt fate! I thought I unlocked the super secret free to play version, but I got booted in the middle of a raid, lol. I paid fast enough to stay in the raid though, so its all good.

I'm sure I'll get sick of it, but Crystal Tower is awesome.

jiggle

I just had to tempt fate! I thought I unlocked the super secret free to play version, but I got booted in the middle of a raid, lol. I paid fast enough to stay in the raid though, so its all good.

I'm sure I'll get sick of it, but Crystal Tower is awesome.
I wonder if we were in the same CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom