• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are they nerfing content like the hard mode primals and Amdapor Keep? They're easy already and will become easier over time anyway as tomes are easier to farm and better gear is available. Pharos Sirius needed an adjustment but I would have rather they improved the loot from it than make it easier. It was my favorite dungeon because it was fun and challenging and even the trash mobs had stuff to watch out for, but the rewards weren't good enough.

It would be cool if that 16-bit Titan fight became a Gold Saucer mini-game.

You must have been fortunate but I get Amdapor Keep in High level DR all the time and a lot of people cannot get past Demon Wall.

BadRNG

You must have been fortunate but I get Amdapor Keep in High level DR all the time and a lot of people cannot get past Demon Wall.
Woah, seriously? I get AK more than any other in roulette, but we almost never even bother with the bees. Just burn boss.

What's next I wonder, 2.3 they put invisible walls so you can't fall/get knocked off?

Teknoman

Woah, seriously? I get AK more than any other in roulette, but we almost never even bother with the bees. Just burn boss.

What's next I wonder, 2.3 they put invisible walls so you can't fall/get knocked off?

They arent bees! x_x

lol but seriously, I dont see why they had to remove them. Wasnt really that hard to take care of them in the first place. Just discuss the game play beforehand if people have never done it, and then put that into rotation.

Players may now proceed directly to any turn of the Binding Coil of Bahamut.

So whats this about? People can just jump straight to the last turn of the first section? I must be missing something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

No more falling off on Titan!

BadRNG

Players may now proceed directly to any turn of the Binding Coil of Bahamut.

So whats this about? People can just jump straight to the last turn of the first section? I must be missing something.
Currently you start at turn 1 and after each victory you get taken to a hold zone that has a portal to next turn. You can't, say, skip turn 1 and go straight to turn 2, you have to clear turn 1 every week to move on to next.

Now you can start at any turn you want.

WolvenOne

Currently you start at turn 1 and after each victory you get taken to a hold zone that has a portal to next turn. You can't, say, skip turn 1 and go straight to turn 2, you have to clear turn 1 every week to move on to next.

Once you pass a turn and unlock the second, of course. I'm suspecting that even people whom have T5 on farm, are going to need to clear it one last time to unlock T6.

BadRNG

In other words, Turn 3 will potentially cease to exist in 1 week.
If the time attack rewards are good then there may be some life there. Could be fun going for record regardless.

Wonder if there will be any rules, like role composition. 8tanks would be hard to beat.

Not with me leading the group. Every week we do a Turn 3 death run, first person to die pays for everyones food for the week.

In other words, Yennaiv's wallet will potentially cease to exist in 1 week.

If the time attack rewards are good then there may be some life there. Could be fun going for record regardless.

Wonder if there will be any rules, like role composition. 8tanks would be hard to beat.

That's the second time i've seen someone mention Time Attack, I think I missed something, I haven't seen any talk of such a thing...

Educate me!

Yup. If we avoid the bees, the other players die or get distracted and get knocked off by repel. If we try to kill the bees, same thing.

Teknoman

Well yeah thats what I mean, now that you can start at any turn, what, besides item level, is there to prevent new people from just jumping right to turn 5?

Once you pass a turn and unlock the second, of course. I'm suspecting that even people whom have T5 on farm, are going to need to clear it one last time to unlock T6.

Oh so you still have to have passed the turn before.

Pretty sure the time attack on turn 3 comment was a joke.

I know it was a joke in that regard, but I mean a feature in general that works like a Time Attack type thing. That's why I said it wasn't the first time I seen it mentioned.

Edit-- Unless your talking about the comment as a whole from Yoshida or something?

BadRNG

That's the second time i've seen someone mention Time Attack, I think I missed something, I haven't seen any talk of such a thing...
It's mentioned in the Reddit recap of the live letter that they said something about being able to do time attacks to see how fast you can complete it. I didn't start watching till near the end so I don't know how accurate that is.

Pretty sure the time attack on turn 3 comment was a joke.
Awwww. :(

Nngh I don't know if this'll bring me back right away.

I mean from reading the notes, it looks hype as hell. Loving all the stuff they're putting in.
But I'm having my hands full with D3/PoE and class so T.T

Hopefully if I'm kicked I can get back into the FC when I do indeed come back.

Btw: No class changes at all in the patch? Are they just not posting them yet or did they really make no changes?

Ken

I know it was a joke in that regard, but I mean a feature in general that works like a Time Attack type thing. That's why I said it wasn't the first time I seen it mentioned.

Edit-- Unless your talking about the comment as a whole from Yoshida or something?

from yoshida

it was something like, "coil weekly lockouts is removed so now you guys can do time attacks through turn 3 to see who's the fastest yeah *laughs*!!"

BadRNG

Btw: No class changes at all in the patch? Are they just not posting them yet or did they really make no changes?
These aren't full notes, those won't hit till day of patch. I'm hoping there will be some class stuff in there.

A use for cover for example would be nice.

BLCKATK

These aren't full notes, those won't hit till day of patch. I'm hoping there will be some class stuff in there.

A use for cover for example would be nice.

Letter from the Producer LIVE XIII Q & A said:
Q27: Will there be any class/job adjustments in patch 2.2?

A27: There will be no large changes to classes or jobs.

Looks like nothing is coming this patch.

I use cover all the time, especially when I feel like my melee DPS buddies are about to get smacked.

Teknoman

Anyone have a preorder link for the OST? The SE store is being strange with my email, and I remember reading about ordering from Play Asia, but I dont see a page for it.

Looks like nothing is coming this patch.

I use cover all the time, especially when I feel like my melee DPS buddies are about to get smacked.

Do you have to be infront or just near the person?

aceface

The AK nerf is the only one that makes me kinda sad. Demon wall was actually somewhat of a skill check back In the early days and now they are taking away the bees?? That's what made it actually challenging.

On the other hand, I'm gonna echo the hell out of the ex primals.

BadRNG

Disappointing.

I can't think of any important fights right now where it's useful. The damage you take is based on the targets mitigation, so if you are tanking doing it on anyone could end up doing a huge amount of burst to you. If you are OT I guess you could use it, but it has a short duration and kind of assumes the melee is bad and is going to get hit by something. Anything that hits everyone will be easily healed up as normal, so using it accomplishes nothing. Not sure what other situations there are.

Can you give any examples of when you use it? I'd love to have a reason to, right now it feels like one of the worst skills in the game with little to no relevance (in PvE at least, in PvP it is pretty nice) Kind of like pre-2.1 Holmgang.

Near, really near.

BLCKATK

Any direction just needs to be within 6 Yalms of you.

Can you give any examples of when you use it? I'd love to have a reason to, right now it feels like one of the worst skills in the game with little to no relevance (in PvE at least, in PvP it is pretty nice) Kind of like pre-2.1 Holmgang.

I actually had some of my best uses very recently. Two examples.

This week I was Off-Tanking Turn 1 with my static, we split the DPS on the two snakes, a monk comes with me. When the panels lit up and I had to move to another panel, I covered the Monk and and popped Sentinel. The caduceus ending up hood swinging and I got hit with both strikes, but I survived thanks to Sentinel. Got healed back up, and I saved that our monks life cause he would gotten smacked dead.

Second example was on Turn 2, our Dragoon was using the melee limit break, his HP wasn't looking so hot as he had just gotten hit by something due to some tank swapping accident, I covered him, and repelling cannons went off, he got hit by it and I took the damage for him, and he was able to get the LB3 off and survive no problem.

Basically I just use it whenever I feel damage is incoming that might endanger a melee dps, and pop a cooldown with it. My damage is mitigated but I take the brunt of theirs, but I'm usually fine to survive. Puts more stress on the healers but its better that they are healing me than changing target or resurrecting the melee dps. Cover is extremely situational and not incredible but it definitely has its uses, for me atleast.

chrono01

So I finally took the time to read over the patch notes. I'm excited as a whole, although I'm interested as to whether there will be many class changes or not [I know the patch are somewhat "incomplete", at the moment].

I'm not especially happy over the dungeon reset being moved to Tuesday instead of Monday. I'm not entirely sure why they're doing that, since it will really only switch the day and not alleviate the problem. Since a lot of statics have become used to raiding on Mondays, like mine has, this will take some getting used to. At least we'll still have Coil Turns 1-5.

Not being able to use Return while in-battle will anger a lot of people [*cough* Alena/Kagari *cough*]. That .gif that BadRNG posted earlier was priceless. I was see why they're doing it, though.

Removing the item restriction from CT is a great idea, maybe having myself run it a few more times [to complete my set] won't be as difficult as I thought. I still don't enjoy the place, though, but at least it gives me something more to do, even if I don't particularly "love" it.

I kind of wish Square-Enix went into more depth in-regards to the weapons/armor sets, such as AF+2. I mean, I think I see what looks to be the BLM AF+2 and, if so, I'll be very thankful for the Glamours feature.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So I finally took the time to read over the patch notes. I'm excited as a whole, although I'm interested as to whether there will be many class changes or not [I know the patch are somewhat "incomplete", at the moment].

I'm not especially happy over the dungeon reset being moved to Tuesday instead of Monday. I'm not entirely sure why they're doing that, since it will really only switch the day and not alleviate the problem. Since a lot of statics have become used to raiding on Mondays, like mine has, this will take some getting used to. At least we'll still have Coil Turns 1-5.

Not being able to use Return while in-battle will anger a lot of people [*cough* Alena/Kagari *cough*]. That .gif that BadRNG posted earlier was priceless. I was see why they're doing it, though.

Removing the item restriction from CT is a great idea, maybe having myself run it a few more times [to complete my set] won't be as difficult as I thought. I still don't enjoy the place, though, but at least it gives me something more to do, even if I don't particularly "love" it.

I kind of wish Square-Enix went into more depth in-regards to the weapons/armor sets, such as AF+2. I mean, I think I see what looks to be the BLM AF+2 and, if so, I'll be very thankful for the Glamours feature.

BLM gets a tutu, #4 in the picture there:

c4dq4BG.jpg

Kenai

SMN DPS is supposedly on par with mnk for highest dps, but i've only seen this with 1 SMN on ultros and they aren't in gaf

Sumie in our Coil group does amazing DPS, we probably have a lot easier time with our weekly clears than we otherwise would cause he's there.

From what I can tell between Sumie and most other SMNs I see is the three biggest things are pet micromanagement (especially making the pet use abilities, cause most just seem to let em do whatever, line up a Contagion+Bane on adds and woooooooooo), spreading DoTs to adds properly and at the right time (maximizing DoT uptime on multiple targets is so important and I almost never see it), and maximizing Ruin/Ruin 2 usage in between dot reapplication (yea sure one Ruin isn't much but when you cast dozens of them over a fight it adds up). I almost said DoT clipping too but I'm not sure.

From what I've seen over the past month, more pug groups can handle the EM Primals successfully than Turn 4. I believe Coil is meant to be the hardest content and meant only for a small population to enjoy and overcome when first introduced. So I also have to believe Second Coil will be the same way (well, at least Turn 8 and 9). I'm going to wager Leviathan Extreme will be easier for most than the later turns of Second Coil.

I always saw the i95 Allagan Weapon drops in T5 as a badge of honor. You absolutely did not need it for anything in 2.0 or 2.1. Made things easier, but not required. Glad they are offering superior options to Allagan i95 weapon to give everyone who is at a spot in the game where they can down anything a fair chance to attempt all the new stuff right off the bat. Plus, the i115 weapon drop is likely from T9, right? So there you go, another badge of honor reserved for only the most skilled and organized teams. Not to mention, i95 weapons will make Leviathan (and getting i100 weapon) a bit easier I imagine - so they're not obsolete immediately by any means. Though, maybe they could have offered i95 weapon holders some bonus.

As for nerfing the game - a lot of players still have a hard time on Level 50 content. It's why you still can hop into DF for Titan HM for a relic and be 100% sure you'll get it (maybe after 1, maximum two wipes due to stupid mistakes). There have been AK groups I've been in that have low DPS and struggle on Demon Wall (though we always cleared it). So, they're just letting more people enjoy these duties/instances since they couldn't before. There's plenty of new hard stuff for the rest of us to try tackling. Though, I kind of wish if they nerfed a dungeon or instance, there could be a "Hard" version of it that was just the original version with maybe a slightly increased reward.

Glad they're trying something to encourage more tanks. 7x EXP for LLDR (that's what the stream translation said last night, not sure if it still is right) and Class mount is cool. Still wish they would either add a new tank class or maybe allow an existing DPS class (Dragoon...) to have a stance switch to make them effective tanks or something.

I might have missed this, but how do players get DL gear now with Phil going away? Also, CT is not worthless. New players or players who can't tackle content requiring a higher ilvl will still need CT to get i80 gear which will allow them to tackle First Coil and EM Primals better, which in turn will get them to i90 gear to take on 2.2 end content. Sure there are other alternatives now, but we're not sure how fast or effective they will be compared to just farming CT, Coil, and Primals for what you need with new nerfs in place.

I think they need a better way to recruit static groups in-game other than making a mock PF advertising your static or are looking to join one. Perhaps a new Social Option or a Party Finder option specifically for Statics to recruit.

Finally, I'm not happy the reset is on Tuesday now, but SO glad it is at 1am. That is during my prime time playing hours, so hopefully people will stay up for reset to get in stuff right away and increase the likelihood I can find pug groups for EM Primals or Coil if I can't find a static.

On an unrelated note, last night I was in a GDLK Ifrit EM farming party. However, after clearing the third nails on our second to last run...Ifrit went to do his Hellfire like normal, but instead of Hellfire coming out, ANOTHER SET OF NAILS APPEARED in same formation as THIRD SET. We actually almost downed this fourth set, but we were thrown off by this oddity and lost a few DPS in the confusion and ultimately succumbed to the hellfire after failing to kill all the nails on the "fourth" set. Anyone seen that before?

Is there an easier dps job to do on controller? I have tried keyboard controls but I absolutely despise them and am much more comfortable on the controller.

Aeana

Is there an easier dps job to do on controller? I have tried keyboard controls but I absolutely despise them and am much more comfortable on the controller.

I find DRG and MNK super easy on controller. I haven't played much of bard yet but I heard they don't have a ton of buttons.

I find DRG and MNK super easy on controller. I haven't played much of bard yet but I heard they don't have a ton of buttons.

Gonna agree with DRG and MNK being easy on controller. With the way those two jobs play, the controller is a pretty natural fit for them.

chrono01

You're gonna wear it when no GAF members are around.
I would never think of doing such a thing! Never!

Hmm, I wonder if the male characters get the strange fishnet stockings, as well. If so...

*begins to vomit*

Listen, if we survived the AF1 hat, we can make it through this!
As much as I hated the AF/AF1 hat [it probably would have been fine, if not for the eyepatch...], I consider this considerably worse. There's nothing less intimidating than a mage tossing spells whilst wearing a frilled-skirt. :(

At least with AF/AF1 I could choose not the show the head, which I've done. Thankfully, Glamours are coming around at a most opportune time!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

How do you get all the DRG moves onto a controller?

I could see the GCD moves, but how could you burn jumps and stuff between GCDs?

I think BRD is by far the most controller friendly.

Aeana

How do you get all the DRG moves onto a controller?

I could see the GCD moves, but how could you burn jumps and stuff between GCDs?

I think BRD is by far the most controller friendly.

In 2.1, they added the ability to pull up two additional palettes by pressing L2 and then R2, and R2 and then L2. So you get 16 extra slots that are just as quick to access as the regular L2 and R2 palettes. There's plenty of room.

I get bored of BLM but I did like MNK so I may try that out. I like SMN but I as of late, I feel like I chose the wrong job for SMN, especially since I play on pad.

Sophia

In 2.1, they added the ability to pull up two additional palettes by pressing L2 and then R2, and R2 and then L2. So you get 16 extra slots that are just as quick to access as the regular L2 and R2 palettes. There's plenty of room.

With the Patch 2.1 changes, you have 32 slots. Slightly more than three hotbars.So you actually have more room on controller then most people have with multiple hotbars.

Aeana

With the Patch 2.1 changes, you have 32 slots. Slightly more than three hotbars.So you actually have more room on controller then most people have with multiple hotbars.

And on top of that I'm super used to using R1+face buttons to quickly switch between hotbars. I don't feel disadvantaged even a little bit using a controller in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom