• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soldiery cap is also going to be 450, huh? Better than 300 I guess.

Chocobo companions have been adjusted as follows:
Players can now ride their chocobo even after it has been summoned as a companion.
When targeting your chocobo companion, the Mount subcommand is now available.
The summoning time for chocobo companions is now 30 minutes regardless of rank.

Better late than never

450 is a good number...I shudder to consider how it would be if it was higher.

And how many of you are buying the extra retainers? I thought about it and decided to just turn in a bunch of junk so I have more room on my retainers instead.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Unless they add it into the final patch notes, I'm supremely disappointed in one thing. Where is my Ultima EX fight?!

I want lasers. So many fucking lasers. I want it to be a damned bullet hell shooter up in that bitch!

Still kind of annoyed they opted for i100 on those. Does this mean Leviathan Extreme is harder than Twintania? idk.

This is just the way this stuff works. Do the instances for fun and enjoyment, not because you think the gear is going to last. Only going to be disappointed on every new addition.

He's not gonna use the :) hat?

!?

Which hat is this?

Oh good, I want to smack it off his head and laugh

So cruel...

But going by Elezen
racist!
logic, you probably won't be able to reach the top of my head to do such a thing, so I'm not even worried :)

Anyone else notice that there is a companion category under Challenge log? Hopefully that leads to less tedious Chocobo leveling.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Unless they add it into the final patch notes, I'm supremely disappointed in one thing. Where is my Ultima EX fight?!

I want lasers. So many fucking lasers. I want it to be a damned bullet hell shooter up in that bitch!

2.3, and introduction of Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Nightmare* Modes!

Tank health < 25% at any time, Insta-cast of Primal LB
Healer dies, 1 stack debuff on everybody for 24 hours for said Primal, up to 5 stacks, each stack = -5% in every stat
DPS dies, they can't roll anything that fight if they win

NIGHTMARE!

Reward: Minion & extra victories give you Gil... a whopping 875!, don't spend it all in one place

!?

Which hat is this?

8NBK8hj.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't know if pallet swapped pony mounts are enough to get me to run the extreme primals anymore. I think we ran those to the ground lol.

chrono01

I don't know if pallet swapped pony mounts are enough to get me to run the extreme primals anymore. I think we ran those to the ground lol.
Only to see not a single Nightmare drop. :(

It makes me wonder what will happen with that mount, and whether each of these new ones will be exclusives to a particular Primal. I'm guessing red for Ifrit, green for Garuda, yellow/orange for Titan, and blue for Leviathan.

We ran the EX Primals until almost everybody in our Coil group has the full set of weapons, a couple members need 2 more completions to finish their sets. We never even saw a Nightmare drop once the whole time. The drop rates for those things are bullshit.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We ran the EX Primals until almost everybody in our Coil group has the full set of weapons, a couple members need 2 more completions to finish their sets. We never even saw a Nightmare drop once the whole time. The drop rates for those things are bullshit.

Same exact thing happened to us - even people with more tokens than they know what to do with at this point. :/

WolvenOne

450 Tomes a week? Sheesh, well I guess I know why they opted for ilvl100 now. It'll still take awhile to gear up for Coil 2 if you have bad luck with RNG, but, most players willing to cap weekly should about be there in six weeks or so, even if they never step into Coil 2 at all.

Granted GF gear may not be ideal for the last few Coil turns, so it may still be awhile before a large number of players are farming it.

Edit: This is assuming of course that GF gear costs roughly the same number of Tomes that Myth gear cost. This of course may be an erroneous assumption.

Noi

Yesss, my FC managed to scrape up enough money to buy a house right in the nick of time. I was afraid all the Ward 1 lots would get scooped up once basements got added to the small houses + more gil made it into circulation via the challenge logs, we made a concentrated effort to raise money.

Small houses are a tad small in room size, but we're only a 7-8 man FC anyway so it's cozy for us, and it'll get better once we have a basement. It's great to have a new goal to work for (get new furniture!).

And how many of you are buying the extra retainers? I thought about it and decided to just turn in a bunch of junk so I have more room on my retainers instead.

Well you know I will... Those green items need somewhere to get stored, since they probably won't ever add it to the armoire.

Teknoman

Yesss, my FC managed to scrape up enough money to buy a house right in the nick of time. I was afraid all the Ward 1 lots would get scooped up once basements got added to the small houses + more gil made it into circulation via the challenge logs, we made a concentrated effort to raise money.

Small houses are a tad small in room size, but we're only a 7-8 man FC anyway so it's cozy for us, and it'll get better once we have a basement. It's great to have a new goal to work for (get new furniture!).

Congrats, thats a pretty decent achievement for such a small FC.

Xux

I wonder how you get the Philosophy minions in 2.2...

Crap, sounds like that'll be what I buy next.

K.Sabot

It's been a while since I've raided with tanks that made mistakes.

Boy do I feel it.

Edit: Well no wonder, the tank had AF1 gear and he was doing Ultima HM. Of course, we had it so he was tanking during orbs because that's smart.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I went a little crazy with self sufficiency >.>; today

I have the shards already due to chasing the 2 Gathering luminaries
Mined up 1200 (200 HQ) Iron Ores, 600 (150 HQ) Bomb Ash
Made Steel Ingots for BSM & ARM (8 hours of pure macro, squeezing out as much quality as possible, to benefit off max XP)
Went from 24 to 30 making ingots on Both ARM & BSM, then traded HQ Ingot for ARM to 36 off 29 leves
DAT Efficiency!
yMLLRL5.jpg

I still have 198 more steel ingots to make for BSM.... >_<

At least they will sell decent on the MB for putting in this much time

Got every class to 30+, now I get Chronicler's Crown
k6WLDAB.jpg

Really been on a farming binge, make gil for 2.2 release
SN3AmoC.jpg

This is my favorite shot so far:
"A Gatherer's Love"
idaS5kM.jpg

dramatis

Congrats on the house.

Teknoman

The worst is when I finally went off on our drunk whm (to be fair he died 3 attempts in a row) and then I promptly got bit in the face on the next attempt. :S

Yeah also I take back what I was saying about coil probably not being that challenging. It definitely makes sure everyone is firing at max. Kinda funny how she seemed to pass out in game and in real life :p

Let that be a lesson though. Dont let people drunk coil.

Raijinken

Congratulations on the house!

Maybe in 2.2 we can go give Titan a shot again. I still haven't cleared it myself! Echo buff ACTIVATE! *cue everyone waiting for 3 minutes before running into Titan to die*

I don't think the patch notes said that the extreme primals would be getting echo but I might have missed that.

WolvenOne

Gonna comment on a few things.

Probably four Coils of Bahamut total. The one in Wine Port, one near Fall gourd, one in southern Coarthas, and one near Camp Dry Bone.

Finally.

The new mount drops will be enough to keep me doing the current Extreme Primals. Hopefully they adjust the drop rate slightly of course. XD

Stuart444

So hopefully in a little bit, me and Alice will have our SCH/SMN Relics+1 (hoarded myth for the last 2 weeks so we can Zenith them asap).

After that, our goal before the patch is to try and get T4 down finally and get Garuda EX down finally. Also cap Myth and Philo before the 25 hour maint.

Should be fun. Timezones suck though for getting groups before 6pm GMT though.

edit: btw, is there an agreed upon kill order for T4 (for pugs at least)? Some groups just go in without discussing it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom