• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moogle Mog is mainly about keeping your head in the chaos. Once you realize that, it's cake.

The true test is EM Titan. If you thought you were good at HM Titan, throw that out the window.

Stuart444

Moogle Mog is mainly about keeping your head in the chaos. Once you realize that, it's cake.

The true test is EM Titan. If you thought you were good at HM Titan, throw that out the window.

I don't think I'm good at HM Titan, I know I'm goo... hahaha, yeah I couldn't say it. I'm pretty bad at HM Titan. Though I did survive the longest I have ever survived yet today. Last 2% or so of his health before I got hit by a bullshit LS to the ground below.

Sophia

I start making mistakes on Titan (HM or EM) after about the tenth try because I'm bored of waiting for everyone else to do it right. Unless I'm tanking, then I'm just bored and irritated. :\

CLBridges

Unlocked Titan X and mother of god! This...is...Sparta! That's what I thought as I fell to the bottom of the stage after the three way Landslide lol. Once I get it down, it seems to be a simple mechanics fight of dodging and knowing what phase comes next. Oh and dodging bombs. I might go extra hard in this game this week to try and finish all the Extreme Primals. I'm probably in the minority but I don't have a lot of interest in the Coil. I attempted Turn 1 a couple times and thought it was tedious and boring. I know, loot and more loot.

I much more enjoy the Trials and fighting the Primals, so I'm excited for Leviathan and Thornmarch X. Maybe once the 2nd Coil releases I'll work my way through with some FC people.

I don't think I'm good at HM Titan, I know I'm goo... hahaha, yeah I couldn't say it. I'm pretty bad at HM Titan. Though I did survive the longest I have ever survived yet today. Last 2% or so of his health before I got hit by a bullshit LS to the ground below.

Eventually everything will click. I remember being awful at HM Titan but then everything clicked for me and now HM Titan is cake. I usually heal for those FC relic trains.

EM Titan...ugh. That bomb radius is a killer.

Oh and for EM Garuda, whatever you do, leave the spiny plume alone.

Dunan

Seriously easier than DPS?

I started as a THM and am 26 now... and I feel as though this has been the easiest class to play in any MMO ever. I have about 4 buttons to worry about and that is if I care to help out and put an add to sleep.

See, we're coming at this from different angles. "In any MMO ever" implies that you've played others; for those of us who are standard-RPG veterans but have never touched an MMO, the Thaumaturge/Black Mage is so wildly different from the way this class would be expected to operate that the frustration starts to pile up, whereas the Conjurer class, and particularly the Healer role when in parties, functions just about exactly like you would expect it to.

Not only does white magic basically do what it says on the tin; targeting is also straight out of old-school RPGs, with you being able to use the directional arrows to move up and down the list of allies rather than having to awkwardly try to select them based on their positions on the field.

The solo part of Conjurer wasn't much fun -- throwing stones at the enemies and then healing myself gets boring -- but party play is a joy. It's going to get harder, I know, but the learning curve is just right, so when the difficulty increases, I'll be ready. The other classes I've attempted have too many non-intuitive MMO-specific elements and would, for newcomers, be better as secondary classes.

scosher

Just read through the patch notes. Seems a bit light on content, and no job tweaks even?

Still, looking forward to the new tier of gear.

I'm hoping that when they release the 1st floor of CT in 2.3, it's at least on par with Coil 6-9 in terms of difficulty and gear (or at least create a hard mode version of CT). I really don't see 4 new turns of Coil lasting 6 months.

nubbe

I'd rather farm tomes of philosophy then have items drop randomly
One might go 20-30 times and never see an item one needs

aceface

I'd rather farm tomes of philosophy then have items drop randomly
One might go 20-30 times and never see an item one needs

But now you'll be able to farm myth like you could farm philosophy before.

Everyone is ilevel 90!!

I still have a hard time believing this will happen.

aceface

How come? That's what happens when new loot sets are introduced.

Well, I've been playing since October and I just reached ilevel 80 on my main job last night. Granted that's only being on 2-3 hours a night for a few nights a week. But if myth is as plentiful as philosophy was before, playing at the rate I do I would have been ilevel 90 a week after reaching endgame. I realize this is the nature of MMO's but it's just hard to comprehend at this point.

Sorian

Banned
Well, I've been playing since October and I just reached ilevel 80 on my main job last night. Granted that's only being on 2-3 hours a night for a few nights a week. But if myth is as plentiful as philosophy was before, playing at the rate I do I would have been ilevel 90 a week after reaching endgame. I realize this is the nature of MMO's but it's just hard to comprehend at this point.

Just think of it this way, in a few weeks (2-3) there will be people turning their noses up at our ilvl 90 and they won't even be willing to play with us.

Pachimari

Is the Google Spreadsheet of players from the OT still getting updated? Because there's only like 4 members after me on the list and I wrote myself up at the PS3 beta.

Anyway, I have changed to a high end PC instead of PS3, so I'm looking to get back into the game.

Who do I talk to, to join the guild? And can you remember at which level I'm able to join?

Sorian

Banned
Is the Google Spreadsheet of players from the OT still getting updated? Because there's only like 4 members after me on the list and I wrote myself up at the PS3 beta.

Anyway, I have changed to a high end PC instead of PS3, so I'm looking to get back into the game.

Who do I talk to, to join the guild? And can you remember at which level I'm able to join?

Are you talking about the ultros guild? If so, no level needed to join. If you signed up on the website in the past then you just need to either contact an officer in the game (I don't remember everyone's name, sorry) or just find a GAF member and get into the guild page by examining them and there is a button that says something along the lines of request to join. The request is automatically sent to the officer's guild page and they can just invite you from there.

Stuart444

Eventually everything will click. I remember being awful at HM Titan but then everything clicked for me and now HM Titan is cake. I usually heal for those FC relic trains.

EM Titan...ugh. That bomb radius is a killer.

Oh and for EM Garuda, whatever you do, leave the spiny plume alone.

I've not beaten Garuda EX yet but having seen the whole fight, it is pretty easy. Just need a good group to beat it. (also need to remember not to head into the spiney shield right away, I sometimes forget that and get hit by its explosion)

Sorian

Banned
I've not beaten Garuda EX yet but having seen the whole fight, it is pretty easy. Just need a good group to beat it. (also need to remember not to head into the spiney shield right away, I sometimes forget that and get hit by its explosion)

Garuda really only ends up being hard on the tanks. It's a fairly basic level fight for the dps and healers.

Stuart444

Garuda really only ends up being hard on the tanks. It's a fairly basic level fight for the dps and healers.

True though some DPS you find in DF seem to have trouble putting out enough DPS to deal with the plumes let alone the sisters/Garuda. Only ever gotten past stage one twice in a DF group.

On the bright side, Garudas Music is awesome so I don't mind doing it so much <3

Anyway on a separate note: Is there a way to get rid of the text "Focus Target" when you are focus targeting someone? The skill name is hidden under the focus target text making focus target slightly useless for me outside of using it to keep an eye on the pots in CT.

Anyway on a separate note: Is there a way to get rid of the text "Focus Target" when you are focus targeting someone? The skill name is hidden under the focus target text making focus target slightly useless for me outside of using it to keep an eye on the pots in CT.

You can adjust GUI elements size/position from the menu ;)

nubbe

Is that real?

Only those whom are awesome deserves it

3LtdMk5.jpg

I adjusted the Focus Target window in the HUD layout (it's at 120% since it's hard to read any smaller than that) but the Focus Target text is still there blocking the names of the skills the enemies use...

You can also move it around, I have mine right under the minimap.

These aren't full notes, those won't hit till day of patch. I'm hoping there will be some class stuff in there.

A use for cover for example would be nice.

I know it's an older post I'm quoting, but cover has a huge use in Titan EX. You can cover on the main tank to steal a stack, and thus dropping the main tanks stacks. If you do it right the main tank can tank the whole fight without doing tank swaps, leaving the offtank to stay in dps stance the whole fight.

Ken

Maybe I'm not making it obvious enough.

See this picture, the focus target text is exactly where skill names usually appear

Example:

One of the more easier to read but for longer skill names, it can be an issue with the overlapping text.

uh yeah I made the same complaint like week 1 because of coincounter but I don't think anything is going to be done about it lol.

it's not a huge deal after awhile but it's a really weird oversight.

Stuart444

uh yeah I made the same complaint like week 1 because of coincounter but I don't think anything is going to be done about it lol.

Ah, so no way to deal with it. Great :/ oh well, hopefully having made the focus target window bigger, it should be enough to deal with it but it is bothersome. (and like you said a weird oversight)

Aeana

I can't find the post, but a little while back they posted on the forum about making the focus target window easier to read. It may have been with the PS4 UI complaints responses. I presume it's still upcoming though.

aceface

Well for the first few months ps3 couldn't even do focus target. So maybe once that patched in that functionality they called it a day.

Sorian

Banned
Tell me about it.

I appreciate everything tanks have to put up with in this game. It's like when the devs have to decide on the job for the tanks in each fight, they only have the choice of mind-numbingly boring or anything less than precision use of CDs will lead to a OHKO.

Basically this, but DPS also need to be able to kill both sisters quickly. I've been through groups that couldn't do it. Also, some people just don't pay attention to their team. For example, I'm a BRD and if I know my team DPS is undergeared but we have BLM, I would play Foe Requiem when we DPS sisters. I've been through so many groups that have BRD who did nothing but kept shooting arrows.

Alex

Basically this, but DPS also need to be able to kill both sisters quickly. I've been through groups that couldn't do it. Also, some people just don't pay attention to their team. For example, I'm a BRD and if I know my team DPS is undergeared but we have BLM, I would play Foe Requiem when we DPS sisters. I've been through so many groups that have BRD who did nothing but kept shooting arrows.

My favorite is when I see a Bard use Requiem on the whirlwinds phase and it never touches either sister the entire duration. The range makes it a smidge obnoxious there, but you'd figure you'd notice the big, purple music note that appears first on your debuff priority missing.

I just use mine on the middle Garuda phases to speed it along. Traditionally I've never seen DPS cause a problem on this fight outside of double melee using the traditional range-favored strategy, though.

Garuda really only ends up being hard on the tanks

Tank, one tank does any work on that fight, the other reads the internet on their iPad! I always get a chuckle when going into a PUG group and OT dibs is called and/or fought over immediately once inside.

Stuart444

So just did Moggle Mog fight...

It's a fun fight. No real issues thanks to one of the DPS having done it before and quickly explaining it and marking things for us. Also got the SCH book from it. :D

Music is pretty nice though it's hard not to think of Halloween Town from Kingdom Hearts during the fight lol.

Teknoman

My favorite is when I see a Bard use Requiem on the whirlwinds phase and it never touches either sister the entire duration. The range makes it a smidge obnoxious there, but you'd figure you'd notice the big, purple music note that appears first on your debuff priority missing.

I just use mine on the middle Garuda phases to speed it along. Traditionally I've never seen DPS cause a problem on this fight outside of double melee using the traditional range-favored strategy, though.

Tank, one tank does any work on that fight, the other reads the internet on their iPad! I always get a chuckle when going into a PUG group and OT dibs is called and/or fought over immediately once inside.

Garuda EX? Both tanks need to be on point from what i've seen, even more so OT.

Teknoman

Q50: Are there any plans to implement a library so we can learn more about the lore?

A50: We have received numerous requests from the community. While we have seen proposal from the lore team, it’s being delayed because we had to prioritize the release of the patches.

Ah yeah! I've always wanted something like this in an FF game, and bing able to find a library, then just pour over whatever stuff in my downtime would be great.

Ala Alba

Well, finally got a Titan Extreme win, thanks to the FC on Sargatanas. The hardest part of that fight is getting a group that can dodge everything (and won't kick you for not having beaten it already).

Wilsongt

I haven't even stepped foot into the Titan EX fight... Especially not when on PF everything is "Will que for Ifrit. Will kick bads."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom