• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

I don't have Raging Strikes, but I'm going to try a rotation like this tomorrow rather than the simpler one that I and a few others here are using. I've had Flare ever since that quest in eastern Thanalan gives it to you and have never tried using it.

You can skate by just fine without quelling; raging is a must.

chrono01

I think not having Quelling Strikes is more of a crime as a BLM
iyf8dyqNHyK7u.gif

I might sound dumb for asking this, but is there anyway of switching accounts on the ps4? for some reason I was able to download the ps4 version but it only showed my old beta account I had on ps3. It let me download the full game and everything.

dcye

If I fail at something, I do check videos or look up guides. But I don't want to give up experiencing things fresh and learning through that experience. When the first players reached and challenged these fights, no one had written any guides for them to follow. So people did learn these fights simply through experience.

I don't really care about this argument either way, but this argument really annoys the hell out of me. Do you know how much time and effort those initial groups put in? How many times they wiped together to learn those strategies? I know people in EX quite well on Phoenix and they put in insane hours to learn those fights, sometimes 12hours straight of wiping a fight to learn it. Are you saying random people you match up with in DF should allow you that much time just because you want a "fresh" experience?

For those who are saying to look at guides/videos before dungeons/trials, at what point would you start doing that? I am still very early in the game, but I had no problem with the first 3 dungeons, but I did suffer very badly against Ifrit. Is it necessary to watch videos as a dps this early in the game? Just looking for suggestions.

For those who are saying to look at guides/videos before dungeons/trials, at what point would you start doing that? I am still very early in the game, but I had no problem with the first 3 dungeons, but I did suffer very badly against Ifrit. Is it necessary to watch videos as a dps this early in the game? Just looking for suggestions.

you don't need to watch any videos until coil/ex primals. most mechanics are simple to figure out. watch and learn from your mates if you're unsure.

dcye

Haha fair enough point, what I was trying to say is that I don't lose sleep over thr video vs. Non-video debate either way. I just get annoyed at that line of defence for not watching videos from people who largely aren't at the front of progression raiding.

IvorB

Because you start in start at lvl 1 Umbral/Astral instead of lvl 3, which means you're doing less damage until you get back up to lvl 3.

Because being in Umbral Ice III will literally refill your mana in a matter of seconds, long enough to cast Thunder II and then Fire III to go back into Astral Fire III. If you used Transpose, the initial Mana regain wouldn't be nearly as fast, and you'd have to wait out the full cast time of Blizzard III to get back up to three stacks of Umbral Ice.

Trust me, going from Astral Fire III directly to Umbral Ice III [via Blizzard III] is the far better option. The same goes with Umbral Ice III to Astral Fire III [via Fire III].

Cuz you will be at full mp, with or without transposing, by the time your recast of fireiii completes*

Yeah I tried it out and the Bliz III cast is so much faster from Astral III and vice versa. I didn't know that. That changes things. Also Firestarter is pretty rad.

Played Darkhold about four times tonight and got some pretty nice loot. So nice to play without being level gimped.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
you don't need to watch any videos until coil/ex primals. most mechanics are simple to figure out. watch and learn from your mates if you're unsure.
I would say even Titan HM. There are things in that fight (progressive stomps, leaving the second gaol alone, bomb patterns, etc) that will cause you to go face down and you won't learn the mechanics in just one fight (because you can be carried)

It doesn't really matter though. You have one side saying "this is how I want to play. If you don't like it don't use duty finder and use PF instead" all while the other side is saying... Well the exact same thing. The difference is one side's POV promotes teamwork, coordination and accountability, while the other side's promotes "I don't give a shit if I'm wasting other people's time. This is how I want to play. Deal with it. Besides even if I fuck it all up I get instant queues."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom