• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished a panel at FanimeCon (why I'm not playing today through Sunday), and one of the last questions was about XIV and when we'd hear about the new classes. They said it would be an obscure question before asking, so I expected something completely else. So happy somebody asked about XIV.

FYI, if any of you XIV GAFers are at Fanime, let me know! We should meet up and you can help me figure out if this one poster in Artist Alley is of a BLM in AF2 gear or another series completely. Just PM me on here and I can let you know how to get in touch if you want. Or just come to the other two panels I'm doing, What's Wrong with Nintendo on Saturday or the GameTrailers panels on Sunday.

Teknoman

I think someone explaining the fight in game works MUCH better than watching a video. Even if you watch the video, you're still going to have to put in nearly the same amount of time to win, unless you get a really good party flow right off the bat.

Its like watching a fighting game combo video, or someone doing a perfect lap in a racing game, or even...someone doing a job irl. You wont have the experience unless you put in the time yourself you know? You WILL have to put in work so to speak, unless you get lucky, and somehow get carried...which isnt a bad thing for some. Progression barrier outta the way, now you're free to go back a learn without as much personal pressure. At any rate, you could just ask them at the start of the fight if you're fresh. In the time it takes to watch a video of a battle, that might not even be from a point of view that you would see, someone that has gotten a decent length in the fight or even won, can give you a quick cliff notes tip run down.

And maybe i'm just paranoid about people waiting on trying to do content, until others put out video guides and strategies.

That being said...so closer and closer to Titan EX dying :p Glad people are still willing to join learning groups / have an FC where people are willing to help ('_')b

For those who are saying to look at guides/videos before dungeons/trials, at what point would you start doing that? I am still very early in the game, but I had no problem with the first 3 dungeons, but I did suffer very badly against Ifrit. Is it necessary to watch videos as a dps this early in the game? Just looking for suggestions.

Always ask your party members before the fight starts, especially if you are new. Foster communication and all that.

chrono01

Can't sleep, Live Letter.
Can't sleep, Live Letter.
Can't sleep...

ioij8HLcA6kaJ.gif

chrono01

Yea too bad I'm going to bed soon idk why I am still up I've been watching this mugen tournament for 3 hours.
Haha, I'm actually watching a Turn 9 stream right now [on NicoNico] while I wait for the Live Letter. At the very least, I'm seeing more of the post Ghosts of Meracydia phase.

MogCakes

Stone vigil has quite the wait time...

I'll read the live letter tomorrow. For now I just want to level until my caffeine high runs out.

Sophia

Well, I am a nerd. I loaded up the twitch stream on my PS4 to stream it to my Vita through Remote Play to watch it in bed. >_>;

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Crack staying up till 4AM and posting anime gifs. FFXIV GAF has ruined him.

"Can't say everything but you can do something with something and sphere scrolls are a part of it".

You really can't say anything about the main focus of the patch coming next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom