• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Titan Extreme isn't what I think of when I think of luck or randomness, unless he's referring to the unpredictability that eight players will all play perfectly to get a win. :p

Stuart444

iS1JLY8umR9uO.png

Patch 2.3 overview

"Q18: Are there any plans to make it easier for us to obtain the sands/oil of time?

A18: You will be able obtain them in the new Crystal Tower dungeon in patch 2.3. Instead of increasing the drop rate, we want to increase the location of where the item can be obtained from."

I called someone crazy for suggesting the possibility of that a week ago...

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What's random about Titan Ex?
Basically what they meant that if it was random it would be too much up to luck because you'd be able to get really inconvenient combinations and such and they don't want to design it like that. But they also said that one of the dungeon bosses in 2.3 is going to be fairly random.

Hystzen

Chocobo raising and more hildibrand is that matters.

Looking forward to Ramuh but means probably have to deal with Sylphs again :(

Aeana

So it's official? That's a terrible idea, in my opinion. They should have just increased the number that drops, not made it more accessible to those that don't do Coil.
How come? It makes it more like myth gear pre-2.2. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I called someone crazy for suggesting the possibility of that a week ago...

I wonder if they will limit you to 1 Oil and 1 Sands per week. Or better yet, maybe you'll only be allowed 1 drop a week from CT period and you have to choose of you want a piece of gear, an Oil, or a Sands! Yoshi is such a genius!

BadRNG

Sands/oils from CT2. So you really only need T7 to get i110 weapons in 2.3, don't even need to bother with Novus. This will make gearing alternate jobs so much easier. I wish they'd give us some numbers for the myth drop increase they talked about, but I guess that is hoping too much from live letter. (Ditto on hard details for class balance changes.)

The parser talk being rehashed again gives me a headache. Don't ask don't tell is a stupid policy that doesn't accomplish anything.

aceface

Sure they will drop in CT...at the rate that levi mirrors do.

Or more likely they will limit it to one drop per week in CT again.

So it's official? That's a terrible idea, in my opinion. They should have just increased the number that drops, not made it more accessible to those that don't do Coil.

But but according to the official forum thread that has 50+ pages, people need 110+ gear when they have no intention of stepping foot in coil. Need it to take off 30secs with their "speedruns" that for them somehow take 15+mins. I'd argue for alternative methods of obtaining sand/oil if this game actually had challenging content beyond coil and the best of the best gear was needed for it, however that is far from the case here.

chrono01

How come? It makes it more like myth gear pre-2.2. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Well, for BLM's it essentially means everyone can run around in near BiS gear [since the majority of our BiS pieces come from Soldiery]. It won't be this way for other classes, since I understand most [such as Bard's] require drops for a lot of theirs from Coil.

I know, it doesn't really impact my gameplay anyway, but it is somewhat distressing if they make it so easy for some [such as BLM] to get BiS pieces without ever setting foot in Coil. Of course they'll never get some, such as the High Allagan Weapon and a few accessories [Necklace, Ring, etc.], but I know the Soldiery Head, Chest, Gloves, Belt, and Gloves are all BiS for us [when upgraded].

Aeana

Well, for BLM's it essentially means everyone can run around in near BiS gear [since the majority of our BiS pieces come from Soldiery]. It won't be this way for other classes, since I understand most [such as Bard's] require drops for a lot of theirs from Coil.

I know, it doesn't really impact my gameplay anyway, but it is somewhat distressing if they make it so easy for some [such as BLM] to get BiS pieces without ever setting foot in Coil. Of course they'll never get some, such as the High Allagan Weapon and a few accessories [Necklace, Ring, etc.], but I know the Soldiery Head, Chest, Gloves, Belt, and Gloves are all BiS for us [when upgraded].
It's another source to get one thing per week. It's not like people will suddenly be geared up. By the time people get everything, we'd be nearing the next patch, most likely. Don't forget that CT has a weekly item limitation.

Also, most of scholar's best in slot is soldiery gear.

Eh, the way I see it, they already let people buy the Soldiery gear outside of coil, might as well let them upgrade it outside of coil also. Coil will always have it's separate set also, this way it's just like Coil1 was in terms of having two accessible/viable sets in a raid tier.

I wonder if they will limit you to 1 Oil and 1 Sands per week. Or better yet, maybe you'll only be allowed 1 drop a week from CT period and you have to choose of you want a piece of gear, an Oil, or a Sands! Yoshi is such a genius!

I can definitely see them making it count as your one item per week. They did it for the Housing item they added to the first CT (I still think that particular idea was bad).

chrono01

It's another source to get one thing per week. It's not like people will suddenly be geared up. By the time people get everything, we'd be nearing the next patch, most likely. Don't forget that CT has a weekly item limitation.

Also, most of scholar's best in slot is soldiery gear.
True, I might be blowing things out of proportion. I guess there's really no way to know how things will end up until the patch hits.

I will remain positive, as is my usual method in doing things. >:)

dcye

Wouldn't it be great if the weapon customization they've talked about with Novus is just picking the colour your weapon glows XD

aceface

You know you would think the community team in NA could do the official translation log. Sucks that such a huge part of the userbase has to rely on random translators for these things. Especially since YoshiP thinks this communication with the fans is vital.

Aeana

You know you would think the community team in NA could do the official translation log. Sucks that such a huge part of the userbase has to rely on random translators for these things. Especially since YoshiP thinks this communication with the fans is vital.
They do an official translation on the forums, it just isn't real time.

I actually wonder if you realize just how elitist you sound right now.

"Only people who are super elite and can farm the hardest content are entitled to gear. Everyone else can just quit and go play Guild Wars 2."

Aeana

I can't believe I'm getting hyped for CT again. Even though last time I was hyped and it ended up draining my soul. It's gonna happen again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom