• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Am I missing something? Why does there appear to be a lot of people who assume the 'Kraken FF players are familiar with' is Ultros and not, y'know, Kraken?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Repairing with Crafters will now be worth it.... this intrigues me greatly, as well as the autoskip CS feature. This is shaping up to be a great update as always.
This way is so much better than NPCs not being able to repair your gear to 100% in 1.0. Which was still a step up on having to rely on other players in the beginning of 1.0...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
oops, dropped my spear

gNcjqfG.jpg

I guess Bravura is staying in the chest until myth is easier to come by (or when it's simply not better invested in another one of my classes/jobs).

That Novus customization is going to have to be pretty enticing to make me take it back out.

WolvenOne

I guess Bravura is staying in the chest until myth is easier to come by (or when it's simply not better invested in another one of my classes/jobs).

That Novus customization is going to have to be pretty enticing to make me take it back out.

Well, tanks are pretty far in line for getting thier soldiery weapons. So depending how far you are on second coil, Animus or Novus can be quite enticing to us Tanks.

Ditto with healers, really.

Mupod

Titles displaying next to nameplates - cool. Another week delay - not cool.

Also sounds like we're just getting the absolute bare minimum of PVP changes again, only the change to how skills are acquired is happening. I was hoping for some sweeping changes to revitalize the playerbase like easing up on the grind. No idea how I'm gonna make it to 38 before 2.3 if queues keep getting worse.

Well, tanks are pretty far in line for getting thier soldiery weapons. So depending how far you are on second coil, Animus or Novus can be quite enticing to us Tanks.

pff, just pug it

but yeah at this rate I might have to wait for 2.3 to get a sands of time. I think this is a decent compromise between the pre-2.2 'everyone has 90 gear' and post-2.2 'only coil can get 110' system.

That depends on who you're running Coil with, though I'm more content farming Leviathan for mirrors than I am with running Brayflox 200+ times if I want the 42 VIT(which I don't even need to do that if that's all I'm after). Myth still has more use to me elsewhere.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Unless you are actively doing Coil. One of our tanks got his this week.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So are we still expecting new classes/jobs in 2.3 to be announced at the live letter at e3? The patch overview is only preliminary I figure, well hopefully.

Welp, with no further changes to Atma in 2.28, the rational helping keep me away from finishing off my 2nd Atma (only 5 to go) quest is gone.

Please look forward to my mood shifts, friends :(

I'm kidding... I think... I hope

Teknoman

Slide 2 of patch 2.28 stuff.

Yay for entering duty roulette as a party! Will be trying that out as soon as the patch is out.

High level and expert as a party! Nice.

Best news EVER! Now that should be a cool challenge and worthwhile at the same time!

So glad we're getting another outside "organic" dungeon with Hullbreaker, and the boss might not be Ultros, it could be Octomammoth :p

Amano_IV_Octomammoth.jpg

Who i'd rather see honestly... the "having to kill tentacles" aspect alone would see like a nice variation.

Or it could actually just be Kraken himself from FFI:

Alucrid

Banned
Welp, with no further changes to Atma in 2.28, the rational helping keep me away from finishing off my 2nd Atma (only 5 to go) quest is gone.

Please look forward to my mood shifts, friends :(

I'm kidding... I think... I hope

i dont get whats taking you so long i finished my second one in llike a week

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Saw this in the comments section of another website.

Funny. So they are going to re balance them based on a Buncha cry babies who refuse to put in any effort? Perhaps they should just give them away?

I have all my atma for every job and my animus on one. I don't think they need anything changed. What pisses me off is I sacrificed a lot of time I could have spent in 2nd coil to do such and now they're going to dumb it down for the people who don't think they should have to choose/work for shit .

I hate mmos post wow. You xbox live kiddies destroyed the genre, your too ignorant and stupid to understand it. The way they implemented atma was brilliant and done in a way to throw a bone at you guys in the first place.

Maybe I will move on to wildstar. After the introduction of the echo buff I saw where this mmo was going. Even mighty square Enix crumples to the kids and the almighty dollar. They can't even try to make an mmo challenging anymore, it bites them in the ass because kids whine and instead of releasing a real mmo where you play THEIR game the way THEY designed it, they foolishly let the kids control the content so they don't lose the self entitled; instant gratification requiring, rude, single player mindset wow kids from this generation.

So sick of it. Appalled.

lol

Teknoman

A discussion in the FC occurred last night and led to this:

Should we bring back weekly FC Primal EX /progression runs?

I know we randomly go on EX battles here and there, but I mean something primarily to get FC people past the set of three (there were alot that were on Garuda EX last night). Honestly weekly progression runs (maybe on Saturdays?) would be nice, and they could also help to bring the FC even closer together than it already is?

I dont mean a static or anything, just something for FC members to do as a group...event of sorts.

Aeana

It's not like it's some hidden agenda. Yoshida has directly stated, time and time again, that older content will be made easier as new content is introduced.

Aeana

I know we randomly go on EX battles here and there, but I mean something primarily to get FC people past the set of three (there were alot that were on Garuda EX last night). Honestly weekly progression runs (maybe on Saturdays?) would be nice, and they could also help to bring the FC even closer together than it already is?

I dont mean a static or anything, just something for FC members to do as a group...event of sorts.

I kinda tried to do something with my catchup Fridays idea, but it wasn't very successful. Then again, we have many more new people now thanks to the PS4 launch than we did back then. I personally think it's something we should have always been doing in the FC, and it's sad that it stopped so early on. The most important thing though is that anybody can schedule stuff. And you can add your event to the calendar on the Guildwork site, and advertise it in-game. Once people get used to the idea of it happening, it won't have to be advertised as much.

Teknoman

I kinda tried to do something with my catchup Fridays idea, but it wasn't very successful. Then again, we have many more new people now thanks to the PS4 launch than we did back then. I personally think it's something we should have always been doing in the FC, and it's sad that it stopped so early on. The most important thing though is that anybody can schedule stuff. And you can add your event to the calendar on the Guildwork site, and advertise it in-game. Once people get used to the idea of it happening, it won't have to be advertised as much.

Yeah I was saying that you had it going back in the day, but everyone was pretty much on an even progression track. But thats a good idea about scheduling it. I think i'll try to post something unless someone beats me to it. At any rate, we should bring it back, full force. All those Praetorium punks that rush people and so forth, we should be helping FC people stay as far away from that as possible.

An FC intro message or quick message might help too?

Should we keep it to Fridays? Or do Friday and Saturday?

Taruranto

Looks like I complete missed the letter. Is there a summary?

Nvm, found it.

Ramuh is coming. He will drop Accessories, but will also drop weapons.

Inb4 all spell speed AGAIN!
You will need to be level 30 on a craft to begin desynthesising.
Monster Hunts will be introduced, very much akin to Monster Hunts in FFXII.
There will be different ranks of Monster Hunts for various difficulty levels.

Cool. Hopefully it requires a party and it's not time gated.

Chocobo Raising is now official.

Cool. Curious to see how it will work, since all mounts have the same speed.
The new iteration of Crystal Tower will drop oils of time and sands of time so people will be prompted to participate.

I'm gonna guess the drop rate will be low or hard to get, but ok. Less reasons to do coil, it's good for me.

2.28 seems pretty close, dunno if I'll resub immediately though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

My static was helping people clear Turn 5 the other day and it's something we'd like to continue for those who have been frustrated/not able to find groups.

Soi-Fong

My static was helping people clear Turn 5 the other day and it's something we'd like to continue for those who have been frustrated/not able to find groups.

Is the GAF FC open to doing Turns 1 - 5 with non FC members? I have my own FC, but we don't have a stable static yet, but I'd like to do some Coil runs.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is the GAF FC open to doing Turns 1 - 5 with non FC members? I have my own FC, but we don't have a stable static yet, but I'd like to do some Coil runs.
Of course. There are a lot of people including myself who still enjoy doing that content and teaching others as well.

Soi-Fong

Of course. There are a lot of people including myself who still enjoy doing that content and teaching others as well.

Awesome! Is there a set schedule when you guys do the runs? I'll make sure to watch videos and such beforehand as well as to not bog down the group.

Um I've been thinking about this awhile now, but would people be interested if GAF had PvP nights?

The idea is that right now PvP has long queues, most likely than not if you're new you'll queue in and people with gear will faceroll you instantly unless you're willing to bust yourself down to being level 30 again, and generally if you're not crazy hardcore about the grind where it takes about 3,700 WINS to reach Rank 40 it's a waste of time.

The goal then is to make PvP queues instant, remove the gear-based facerolls new PvPers face, and also make it fun to beat each other up. We're a huge FC at the member cap and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only person who would be interested in PvP if it were actually for fun and you could get in there to kill and be killed and talk some trash and have a good time with friends.

So what if a bunch of GAF gathered together, separated into teams of 4, purposely put on only PvE gear, and queued together to beat the shit out of each other for fun? You could actually learn how to PvP in an environment where everyone else is learning too and doing it for the enjoyment. Assuming that people like Mupod, Pel, Felix, and Rai actually turned up for this sort of thing because it sure beats waiting 30+ minutes in PvP queues solo, they would be dispersed among the various teams to keep fights balanced.

And yeah, Frontlines is coming people, and I know nobody wants to start at Rank 1 when Frontlines drops and the R40s all go in there and get all Dynasty Warriors on the whole other team with their i100 gear. This would serve to help gear up everybody with some kind of baseline gear for PvP so that won't happen in a month or so when 2.3 drops.

I got this idea from this guy's really long thread about "Friendlies" here:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/165106-Friendlies

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Awesome! Is there a set schedule when you guys do the runs? I'll make sure to watch videos and such beforehand as well as to not bog down the group.

A lot of us tend to be on in evenings/weekends with not much to do so those would probably be the best times.

WolvenOne

pff, just pug it

but yeah at this rate I might have to wait for 2.3 to get a sands of time. I think this is a decent compromise between the pre-2.2 'everyone has 90 gear' and post-2.2 'only coil can get 110' system.

Pugging Coil 2 can be a hugely frustrating experience man.

But, yeah, I approve of being able to get a Sand/Oil from CT2 once a week. It gives good players an incentive to run CT, but it'll still take players a long time to upgrade most their gear to ilvl110.

That depends on who you're running Coil with, though I'm more content farming Leviathan for mirrors than I am with running Brayflox 200+ times if I want the 42 VIT(which I don't even need to do that if that's all I'm after). Myth still has more use to me elsewhere.

Well, first, the Wave Axe isn't all that great for survivability, which is kinda important when you're first starting out. Second, the Animus is ilvl100, so it actually does more damage than the Wave Axe. Not more damage then the Tidal Wave Axe, but you can clear Leviathan a hundred times and still not see a mirror drop, let alone roll the highest for the drop. Leviathan with a static, which is the most efficient way to mirror farm it, DPS are still going to have first priority on those mirrors man. The later turns of Coil are huge DPS checks. So if there are any chances to dramatically increase your parties DPS output, you pretty much have to take it as a practical manner.

You may not like the Book Grind for the Animus, but it's something you can largely do on your own time, that isn't going to be competing against the rest of your groups drops. As such, if you've yet to start Second Coil, or your party is taking it's time on the first two turns, it is a viable path to take for a Tank weapon upgrade.

Besides, what else do you actually need Myth for? You can get most the ilvl90 gear you could possibly want in Coil 1 Turns 1-4. Sure it's nice to make Gil off Myth Tome Mats, but even after I went through the Animus line, I still managed to grab enough of those to earn 3.5 Million Gil.

Unless you are actively doing Coil. One of our tanks got his this week.

You guys started earlier than most groups, so it doesn't really make sense for you guys to go after Animus, except as a Time Sink activity. This is more for the people who don't yet have groups, or are still working on getting past Twintania, or whatnot.

Mupod

Um I've been thinking about this awhile now, but would people be interested if GAF had PvP nights?

The idea is that right now PvP has long queues, most likely than not if you're new you'll queue in and people with gear will faceroll you instantly unless you're willing to bust yourself down to being level 30 again, and generally if you're not crazy hardcore about the grind where it takes about 3,700 WINS to reach Rank 40 it's a waste of time.

The goal then is to make PvP queues instant, remove the gear-based facerolls new PvPers face, and also make it fun to beat each other up. We're a huge FC at the member cap and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only person who would be interested in PvP if it were actually for fun and you could get in there to kill and be killed and talk some trash and have a good time with friends.

So what if a bunch of GAF gathered together, separated into teams of 4, purposely put on only PvE gear, and queued together to beat the shit out of each other for fun? You could actually learn how to PvP in an environment where everyone else is learning too and doing it for the enjoyment. Assuming that people like Mupod, Pel, Felix, and Rai actually turned up for this sort of thing because it sure beats waiting 30+ minutes in PvP queues solo, they would be dispersed among the various teams to keep fights balanced.

And yeah, Frontlines is coming people, and I know nobody wants to start at Rank 1 when Frontlines drops and the R40s all go in there and get all Dynasty Warriors on the whole other team with their i100 gear. This would serve to help gear up everybody with some kind of baseline gear for PvP so that won't happen in a month or so when 2.3 drops.

I'm always down for real matches and we did something like this before. You need to balance out the ranks or else the matchmaker doesn't work properly, so just wearing pve gear isn't enough. But since abilities are a pretty big deal it's best not to put all the high ranks on one team anyways.

Zomba13

Sounds fun I'd be up for that probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom