• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Yeah it gets posted about about a week afterwards. How hard is it to get someone into their office who can type out a realtime translation.

Huh? It's being posted right now. They start doing it after every live letter....

I can't believe I'm getting hyped for CT again. Even though last time I was hyped and it ended up draining my soul. It's gonna happen again!

Just wait until the next King Behemoth style boss wipes everyone over and over, then you'll regret your hype!

chrono01

I actually wonder if you realize just how elitist you sound right now.

"Only people who are super elite and can farm the hardest content are entitled to gear. Everyone else can just quit and go play Guild Wars 2."
Haha, when I posted that I kind of expected it to come across like that. I honestly didn't mean it that way and if it came across as such, then I apologize. It wasn't my intent.

And yeah, CT looks great. Have they mentioned whether it will be three groups of 8 again? To be completely honest, I think I'd prefer it if they just made it a standard 8-person dungeon. It's a lot less..."random" that way.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, is SE setting themselves up for a shitstorm if they don't change their stance on same sex marriage in the game?

Yeah it gets posted about about a week afterwards. How hard is it to get someone into their office who can type out a realtime translation.

Depends on what kind of translation you're wanting. If you want answers to all the q&a along with the random pictures/slides they show then that it done soon after it is shown on the stream(minutes). If what you want is a translation for the random bullshitting then yes that won't be till weeks later, which I would say is fine for most of it but he actually does let things slip during it.

Hystzen

So, is SE setting themselves up for a shitstorm if they don't change their stance on same sex marriage in the game?

I think some websites already prepped and wrote a article condemning no same sex marriage just waiting for be confirmed and publish it

Frumix

Suffering From Success
0BxR8ISo47rgMkfyQE3PyUIuGzkrs68FtKoDNOlmeUTd3KtZMyKpor4-DVYo0nL8JPurNrgXn1w_Ot87Mq3Es_CTZW2mxchTtl-N6VJyHX6Kk7qMH2ZeqLfBfUpcerZqcA=s600
Now I want to be a waifu.

It will only be a shitstorm if they do anything but shrug it off like Nintendo pretty much did with their game. It is guaranteed to only be male/female off the bat, what the states want doesn't matter when this is a Japanese developer. Will things potentially change later do to outcry? maybe, but do not count on it for months.

Aeana

It will only be a shitstorm if they do anything but shrug it off like Nintendo pretty much did with their game. It is guaranteed to only be male/female off the bat, what the states want doesn't matter when this is a Japanese developer. Will things potentially change later do to outcry? maybe, but do not count on it for months.
If there is a wide enough base of people who want it, they'll be pressured to do it eventually. Thankfully.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I can feel my dignity dying.
Lol. Meh I posted pages back on my character selections in MMOs. FFXIV is basically limited to male lala and female cat for models I find interesting. For now at least. Although Rog as a tank has been more appealing to me recently.

Speaking of which are fantasia up now or coming with 2.28?

aceface

I don't really think it makes a lot of sense not to allow same sex marriage since in the context of the fantasy world, a lala marring a roe or something would probably be a lot stranger yet you know that will be allowed.

I actually wonder if you realize just how elitist you sound right now.

"Only people who are super elite and can farm the hardest content are entitled to gear. Everyone else can just quit and go play Guild Wars 2."

Guess I'm elitist since I think that should be true. There should always be a good reward for being able to beat the harder content. No one is entitled to gear, they have to go and get it. Think this is a separate discussion though since I don't really mind the tome gear system that is in the game though. High allagan will continue to be exclusive to the "super elite that can farm the hardest content" until the next tier comes out

Anyone get pictures of new ct gear?

Still mum on the Alliance system that was supposedly supposed to be here in 2.2 I take it?

Last they said anything about it was a dev note about 2 months ago where they confirmed it for 2.3. There was no reason to do anything with it in 2.2 when they knew full well that it would be wasted development when CT died in 2.2.

Also think it's safe to assume that 2.3 will be 1-2 weeks after the live letter at e3 if they follow their plan again of a trailer to go with the 2nd half of the letter and the patch a week later. Kind of surprised though that it still seems to be on schedule when 2.28 clearly wasn't when they had to delay it a week.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Man id need five 60 days cards right now for that goblin hat.

Willing to spend $150 just to have it... MADNESS!

Also think it's safe to assume that 2.3 will be 1-2 weeks after the live letter at e3 if they follow their plan again of a trailer to go with the 2nd half of the letter and the patch a week later. Kind of surprised though that it still seems to be on schedule when 2.28 clearly wasn't when they had to delay it a week.

Most likely 2.26 will be June 3rd and 2.3 will be July 15/22

Aeana

I think that even if 2.3 got moved back, they wouldn't change the live letter dates since they're attached to E3.

Zetta

Repairing with Crafters will now be worth it.... this intrigues me greatly, as well as the autoskip CS feature. This is shaping up to be a great update as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom