• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Kinda silly question, how do you enter T6-9? I beat T5, and my journal says I did the quest "Another turn in the coil", but 2nd Coil not listed in DF or anything. I don't know that I'll ever try it, but I'd like to know that I'm attuned at least. Do I need to attune to a crystal or something?

you can't duty finder t6-9 yet so it won't show up there. i can't remember the specifics but one of the objectives during the quest chain is in fallgourd float (the entrance of coil2 is there). you might have to do something at waking sands and urianger too but I can't remember for sure.

Artorias

Banned
you can't duty finder t6-9 yet so it won't show up there. i can't remember the specifics but one of the objectives during the quest chain is in fallgourd float (the entrance of coil2 is there). you might have to do something at waking sands and urianger too but I can't remember for sure.

Well you can't DF Thornmarch or Levi EX either, but they are listed in DF still, so I figured T6 would be shown at least. If you don't enter from DF, then how does one enter the party into T6? That's all I'm really asking about.

I've done the stuff at Fallgourd and Waking sands so I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I'm attuned actually, I just don't understand how you enter T6. Anyone know?

Semper88

i am absolutely disgusted by the ATMA and Myth grind. There for i am not even going to start it.

If you got a job and a busy life grinding that stuff up is nearly impossible or you got to set a frame of 6 months on it.

I've got a better chance getting a weapon by doing coil i guess.

Honestly prefer the atma grind over the myth grind. It was bad enough doing WP and AK all the time but that grind was nowhere near as bad as this...

Number45

I got all my ATMAs in a week and have been farming myth for way more than that.
All I have to say, that even with the terrible RNG, farming fates was way more entertaining for me - there was an active FATE almost all the time, plus each one could've given me the item I'm looking for. Farming myths is waiting for 20-40 minutes for a party and running the same corridors for 20 minutes, while knowing you'll have to do it X more times.
I've found it bearable in zones that are quite compact. But in others where you have to run from one end of the zone to another it's REALLY irritating.

I've been soloing them mainly, perhaps I'll look to join a party instead. Might break up the monotony.

Honestly prefer the atma grind over the myth grind. It was bad enough doing WP and AK all the time but that grind was nowhere near as bad as this...
I appreciate that the grind for myth is worse, because it's pretty much never ending, but I find that I enjoy running Brayflox itself more entertaining than the FATEs. I've been pretty lucky with my Brayflox (First thing I do as I enter is say hello, and let them know to tell me to move faster/slower as I go along - I try to move along fairly quickly without pulling too much (only ilvl 69), which perhaps helps.

As I say above, perhaps being in a party will help though.

Ken

Well you can't DF Thornmarch or Levi EX either, but they are listed in DF still, so I figured T6 would be shown at least. If you don't enter from DF, then how does one enter the party into T6? That's all I'm really asking about.

I've done the stuff at Fallgourd and Waking sands so I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure I'm attuned actually, I just don't understand how you enter T6. Anyone know?

... at the glowy entrance?

iySjpVjiqBnhf.png

i am absolutely disgusted by the ATMA and Myth grind. There for i am not even going to start it.

If you got a job and a busy life grinding that stuff up is nearly impossible or you got to set a frame of 6 months on it.

i just got my last atma one week ago. didn't grind fates more than 30-60 minutes every miserable session. only one time i decided to do 120 min. took me 500-600 fates. it's only palatable over a larger time span, imo.

i have more fun doing the books now. i try to farm myth with daily roulettes and capping soldiery, so i can be 100% efficient and not lose extra time on these things. it's not that bad as a long term goal. i could have done without the fates though.

looks like I'll be watching a video of Navel Extreme. That expanded landslide during phase two....holy crap lol

And I just found out that I can't possess two of the same blue gear (tried getting a 2nd pair of striking earrings, but I was shut down :p) Guess I'll have to settle for two different weathered rings

Number45

i just got my last atma one week ago. didn't grind fates more than 30-60 minutes every miserable session. only one time i decided to do 120 min. took me 500-600 fates. it's only palatable over a larger time span, imo.
Yeah, I'm not going at it hammer and tongs for fear of my sanity. Currently working on the Sahagin dailies so I hang around there and do a few when I do those (helps that a couple of them award the tokens for the dailies as well, having a store of those in advance is nice), other than that I just pick a zone when I have nothing to do and don't fancy running a dungeon.

I also don't stick to one zone for too long.

IMBored

Honestly, I find the idea of myth grind a lot better than the time I'm having with atma grind. Mainly because I don't need to grind for myth, I'll get it naturally running dungeons, and I'll actually have something to spend it on. Meanwhile I bought myth accessories for my retainers, saurian skins for the mb and I'm thinking about buying gear for my non-existant paladin. That because I don't have all atmas yet, and can spend 4 hours a day doing fate grinds and get no process at all.

On an unrelated note, I thought no one had a problem with Ifrit Hm, but last night we failed two times the dps check. The second time I survived, used the brd lb, half the party has dead within seconds, and in the end was just me and one tank that manage to kill him.

dcye

If you don't have the time to spend grinding for the animus weapon you don't have the time to raid for a T9 clear at the moment either. By the time you get a High Allagan Weapon you'll be done with Animus probably and onto Novus anyways.

Are you still on Phoenix, btw?

draw4wild

I think to help with the myth grind all they should do 2 things:
1. make it so once you cap soldiery, you get myth tomes. Even if its 1-1, they need to give people a reason to finish the dungeon after you cap soldiery, which for me is usually around Friday. As it is now, I never do expert roulette during the weekend
2. add more myth to the low level roulette. I shouldnt have to spend 30min in a dungeon, that I wont want a single drop from and get 60myth when I can get 50 in 6 min in brayflox and gear up all my alts to ilvl 70 in the process. Add myth to the bosses at 15 for mid bosses and 30 for final to make the ll worth 100. That way I can stop doing the mindless main story roulette everyday

Ken

I shouldnt have to spend 30min in a dungeon, that I wont want a single drop from and get 60myth when I can get 50 in 6 min in brayflox and gear up all my alts to ilvl 70 in the process.

Don't run LLDR then? You should just stick to the other roulettes with higher myth to time payouts; LLDR is really for people who don't mind helping out slower/newer players through dungeons while getting some myth along the way. At least, that's how I see it.

I mean, if you're serious about grinding a lot of myth in a short period of time, there's really very little that can top Bray HM SR for efficiency. You could argue that it gets monotonous but it's a lot better than gambling and getting a bot tank in LLDR or cutscene viewers in Main Scenario.

Semper88

If you don't have the time to spend grinding for the animus weapon you don't have the time to raid for a T9 clear at the moment either. By the time you get a High Allagan Weapon you'll be done with Animus probably and onto Novus anyways.

Are you still on Phoenix, btw?

I rather spend the time i have raiding then farming the darn weapon.. i might pull it off but then i don't have time to do coil or any EX.

Yeah i am :) got an i94 warrior.. trying to find a static to down EX titan and Coil 5 + coil 6-9.

my FC can't pull it off and im mostly helping gearing people up that leave anyway.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Books shouldn't have cost myth to begin with.
Well, maybe a lot less myth.
Unlock grind to unlock grind to unlock grind to unlock gri

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
hit 50 yesterday, but none of this endgame farming / grinding really appeals to me. the dungeons are a bit more interesting but running it a bunch of times and not getting any i55 gear reminds me of how i feel about RNG stuff.

started the hildebrand quests, and they seem like they'll be a fun little story to get into.

exploration log should breathe new life into the game for me, can't wait.

Number45

hit 50 yesterday, but none of this endgame farming / grinding really appeals to me. the dungeons are a bit more interesting but running it a bunch of times and not getting any i55 gear reminds me of how i feel about RNG stuff.
While you're not getting gear for your main class you'll be picking it up for an alternate job/class, while gathering tomes that will give you ilvl 90/100 gear. That's a benefit at least. :)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is this... accurate? Maybe I'll just bail now. D:

Looks like in the ballpark.

maybe? the first animus (JP mnk fists) came pretty quickly but someone's estimate of "6 days of nonstop play" to complete an objective meant to span over a month or more really shouldn't scare you away.
It's all artificial. Run the same place hundreds of time over. Bored? Well of course, you aren't meant to do it right away! Wait for absolutely RNG drops to happen. Bored? Unfair? Well of course, it isn't meant to happen right away!
That kind of logic is what led to this braindead excuse for content.

Ken

It's all artificial. Run the same place hundreds of time over. Bored? Well of course, you aren't meant to do it right away! Wait for absolutely RNG drops to happen. Bored? Unfair? Well of course, it isn't meant to happen right away!
That kind of logic is what led to this braindead excuse for content.

well yeah, square's here to make money through retention. what's your point?

plake

Is this... accurate? Maybe I'll just bail now. D:

It's based on the worst possible scenario and time's are imo greatly exaggerated. But sure, that's a possibility. I just avoid grinding and let the myth and atmas come to me through natural playing so in that sense the Animus quest i just a (slow-moving) side-part of my play time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
well yeah, square's here to make money through retention. what's your point?

It's a fine line between retention and boring your players out of their mind.
Unfortunately for them!
I just don't get people who go "Oh, FF11 was even worse! I miss when SE would punish me even more! Hnnnggg!"

jon bones

While you're not getting gear for your main class you'll be picking it up for an alternate job/class, while gathering tomes that will give you ilvl 90/100 gear. That's a benefit at least. :)

Can I buy i90 gear straight up if I have enough tomes?

I've been junking all of it at the GC, and using the seals to rank up.

Ken

It's a fine line between retention and boring your players out of their mind.
Unfortunately for them!
I just don't get people who go "Oh, FF11 was even worse! I miss when SE would punish me even more! Hnnnggg!"

is it though? past the atma collecting stage, I could see this happening with players who rush for the weapon ASAP but I don't think it's as painful for people who spread it out over a long period of time.

believe me, I'm not a fan at all of the whole animus quest but given that it's not going to change any time soon, I might as well accept it and do it in the least painful way possible.

Number45

Yup, soon as you hit 50 you can equip anything in the game (at least that doesn't have other requirements like quest progress). Anything that I don't have already I greed for, it's sitting on my retainer waiting for the job to catch up.

I'm already max rank at the GC, and I have nothing to spend those seals on really. Will probably start buying the crafting materials, as apparently they sell pretty well.

Semper88

Yeah, if you have enough books you can go to the vendor in Mor Dhona.

She sells mythology(i90) gear and Soldiery(i100) gear.

Myth books are not capped weekly but soldiery is 450 a week.

chest and pants give the biggest stat upgrades so focus on them first.

jon bones

anyone know how many hildebrand quests are out so far? want to complete them before my sub runs out.

Yeah, if you have enough books you can go to the vendor in Mor Dhona.

She sells mythology(i90) gear and Soldiery(i100) gear.

Myth books are not capped weekly but soldiery is 450 a week.

chest and pants give the biggest stat upgrades so focus on them first.

thanks, i assume it takes a shitton of tomes to buy either of those pieces?

Number45

The chest is 825 soldiery tomes, which is two weeks of capping (or as near as makes little difference). Not sure on the cost of the pants, but I guess the same. Smaller items are around 400.

EDIT: I've just seen that soldiery chest piece. Guess I'll be using the glamour system sooner rather than later! :x

Did not realize there was a main quest (I came back to this on the PS4) so I've been playing catch up, felt like such a noob.

On the plus side, 1 more level until I'm a Dragoon :) Is that when the bitches flock?

Semper88

I've found it to be pretty easy and fast actually.

But i'm a tank and have instant dungeon que's and i can set the pace of the dungeon mostly.

farming myth and soldiery can be very easy because as soon as you unlock all the dungeons you can do the daily high lvl roulette and expert.

hope this helps : http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette

Semper88

The chest is 825 soldiery tomes, which is two weeks of capping (or as near as makes little difference). Not sure on the cost of the pants, but I guess the same. Smaller items are around 400.

EDIT: I've just seen that soldiery chest piece. Guess I'll be using the glamour system sooner rather than later! :x

I Love the Soldiery chest piece, digging the samurai style that it has.

Requiem

My MNK hit 50 today (YAY first 50!) and I am about to finish up the story.

Is there a guide for end game content? I have no idea where to start or what I should be doing

My MNK hit 50 today (YAY first 50!) and I am about to finish up the story.

Is there a guide for end game content? I have no idea where to start or what I should be doing

Finish off main quest if you haven't already.
Run Ifrit HM for iLvl 60 weapon (he is easy)
Do daily beast quests to get tomes, and run low level and main story duty roulette to build up your tomes quickly to get iLvl 90 gear from the NPC in Mor Dhona.

That's what I've been doing anyway. I personally wanna have decent gear before I challenge any harder Primals or dungeons.

Requiem

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/21x998/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_22/

Enjoy, story mode, rest of the dungeons, Hildebrand side missions, and the relic.
Keep switching between these until you complete them.

Finish off main quest if you haven't already.
Run Ifrit HM for iLvl 60 weapon (he is easy)
Do daily beast quests to get tomes, and run low level and main story duty roulette to build up your tomes quickly to get iLvl 90 gear from the NPC in Mor Dhona.

That's what I've been doing anyway. I personally wanna have decent gear before I challenge any harder Primals or dungeons.

Wonderful!

Thanks fellas

Number45

Is there a better model viewer than xivmodels? Because that site is really unwieldy, and whenever I look at a model of the item it's tiny with no way of zooming in (Firefox).

They also say it's not being updated.

don't recommend doing like that. It will make you hate the game and get bored really quick. Take your time. Animus weapon right now is not that huge of a jump stat-wise anyway.
Yeah, I wouldn't have done that anyway. Still, that amount of myth seems insane.

If you're a tank, you can get away with being OT at a pretty low level I've found for those primals. The only one of those fights that even needs an OT is Garuda, and that's only to keep one of the adds busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom