• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

Sorry to bother with such a simple question, but at what time do daily/weekly timers reset? I'´m reading contradictory statements.

Tabris

Where can I find pictures of the Weathered gear? I love my new body, but I want to see what the rest of the gear looks like.

Paprikka

How much are the extra retainers?

I find it a bit scummy that they charge for extra storage space. I can understand a limit for what you can have on your character, but limit what you can store in a safe spot? Really annoying.

It's 2 dollars per extra per month and you can have up to two extra.

I'll probably do this temporarily just so I can get everything organized. Don't want to pay for the extra one permanently though.

I assume you mean pay it for one month, stick everything on it you want to keep but don't really use often, then cancel the payment and just pay again if you ever need to get back in? I was tempted to do it like that, but I use it all often enough the few bucks I'd save didn't seem worth it. If we didn't have the armoire though I would do it in a heartbeat.

Taruranto

Man, I'm already tired of Levi. At the end of the day, it's yet another scripted primal fight. And mirror drop rate is like 0%. :/

I can foresee a situation similar to pre 2.1 shaping up with this patch.

Sorian

Banned
Man, I'm already tired of Levi. At the end of the day, it's yet another scripted primal fight. And mirror drop rate is like 0%. :/

I can foresee a situation similar to pre 2.1 shaping up with this patch.

I'm not sure what you were expecting? All PvE content is scripted.

Teknoman

I haven't unlocked any of the EX battles yet, but I'll keep your OT strategy in mind for when I eventually fight Garuda EX. I think attaining victory over the EX primals will be my next goal after unlocking and defeating Leviathan.

Yeah thats pretty much the gist of it from my experience, but i'd appreciate if anyone could chime in and clear up the fuzzy parts for those interested in a quick read.

Korten

Banned
Hey so... I went onto the Playstation store and managed to download FF14 for free on PS4. Now I made sure and I checked, it said FREE but not for the beta version. Currently it's downloading the full game...

Does this mean I'll get a code? Cause I have the game on PC and I pay monthly already.

I haven't been able to find anything about it online about it being free (the PS3 version is not free atm.)

Number45

Hey so... I went onto the Playstation store and managed to download FF14 for free on PS4. Now I made sure and I checked, it said FREE but not for the beta version. Currently it's downloading the full game...

Does this mean I'll get a code? Cause I have the game on PC and I pay monthly already.

I haven't been able to find anything about it online about it being free (the PS3 version is not free atm.)
All you're getting is the client. You won't be able to play it without a valid copy of the game for that platform associated with your SE account.

Korten

Banned
All you're getting is the client. You won't be able to play it without a valid copy of the game for that platform associated with your SE account.

Awwww... :( I got my hopes up for nothing. Was hoping I got lucky and I didn't need to pay for the game again...

At least before we had 3.

No it's 2, and no one does Mog. z-z

People will get to Mog EX once they get tired of farming Levi EX a million times, they have all 8 Wave weapons, and still no damn mirror drop. I'm already kind of bored of Levi EX but I want the goddamned bow and I will get it.

WolvenOne

Welp, I won't ask the FC to drag me through EM Titan. Sorry for wasting everyone's time, I'll just remain stuck there for good.

If you were on at the same time I play, I'd offer to help you out. I don't like carrying many people at once, but I love helping a few people at a time through those fights.

Goddammit. As I listen to the ARR OST I am reminded of how awesome some of the dungeon opening themes are, but they are all about 70 seconds long and then just end. Squenix whyyyyyyyyy

Shamdeo

Welp, I won't ask the FC to drag me through EM Titan. Sorry for wasting everyone's time, I'll just remain stuck there for good.

Hey sorry we couldn't make that work for you (Grimm here). Although I completed it a while ago, I still get a lot of nerves on Titan Extreme so don't sweat it too much - most everyone was like that but won't tell you as much. ;)

The Echo buff kinda changes the rhythm of the fight, especially for tanks, but I think if we keep cracking at it we should eventually get it down.

WolvenOne

Hey sorry we couldn't make that work for you (Grimm here). Although I completed it a while ago, I still get a lot of nerves on Titan Extreme so don't sweat it too much - most everyone was like that but won't tell you as much. ;)

The Echo buff kinda changes the rhythm of the fight, especially for tanks, but I think if we keep cracking at it we should eventually get it down.

I will agree that the echo Buff changes the rhythm of the fight, and it can really throw you off.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Coil mang. And like I said, let more people get their weapons from levi. The PF train for mog is coming.

I doubt a mog PF train will last long at all.

Sure it's a fun fight and I still like to go in there, but once people get their accessories (it has a super small drop table) nobody will go in there much.

Levi will be farmed for a while to get the mirrors.
Players are pretty much limited to Levi and Coil for challenging/rewarding content.
Many will just farm soldiery and leave it at that because they can't do coil.

WolvenOne

Well do keep in mind that the majority of players still haven't cleared T5, and it'll be months before any sizable portion of the servers start regularly clearing the new Coil turns.

Most people haven't even begun second Coil on earnest.

In the mean time we are into the third week if the patch, and new patches hit roughly every three months. Most players arent going to be done with the current content before that patch.

Also, it seems like they are starting to put in smaller bits of content between major patches, if indeed the next stage in Relic progression is coming in the 2.25 patch.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Well do keep in mind that the majority of players still haven't cleared T5, and it'll be months before any sizable portion of the servers start regularly clearing the new Coil turns.

Most people haven't even begun second Coil on earnest.

In the mean time we are into the third week if the patch, and new patches hit roughly every three months. Most players arent going to be done with the current content before that patch.

Also, it seems like they are starting to put in smaller bits of content between major patches, if indeed the next stage in Relic progression is coming in the 2.25 patch.

Where was this mentioned at?
I highly doubt they would include any more relic progression at this point until 2.4 or 3.0. They just dropped the grind bomb hard to keep people busy.

WolvenOne

Where was this mentioned at?
I highly doubt they would include any more relic progression at this point until 2.3 or 3.0. They just dropped the grind bomb hard to keep people busy.

Could have sworn it was mentioned in the live letter.

It makes sense though. Look at all the artificial barriers to prevent people from gearing up past Ilvl100 without going into Coil. If they had included the portion of the quest that upgraded the Relic Weapons to 110 or higher, no matter how grind heavy they made those quests a huge portion of the servers would have those weapons well before the next patch, and the early turns at least would be far easier as a result.

Of course, eventually they have to start easing up on that artificial barrier, and they might as well do that when they're close enough to the next patch to start putting out trailers and such.

Also, on a similar subject.

Early on when they said Leviathan Extreme would be extremely difficult, they were probably being honest. My guess is that the knock out mechanics were originally going to be a lot more strict, but they softened it up during play testing.

I mean, imagine how difficult the fight would be if ANY of the splash-tackles knocked you off, regardless of your position? Considering that even great players will usually get hit at least once in that fight, itd probably make Titan look like a cakewalk.

Ken

iVfiNZAGd2nu6.png

:>

Sorian

Banned
I mean, imagine how difficult the fight would be if ANY of the splash-tackles knocked you off, regardless of your position? Considering that even great players will usually get hit at least once in that fight, itd probably make Titan look like a cakewalk.

Manaward all day.

Artemis Bow Atma obtained...man that Atma grind is annoying...only spent one day actually really grinding for them, rng was being kind to me.

It's okay, I have put a ton of practice into that fight and I still royally suck. I've gotten to the point where I feel guilty for asking people to do that fight now, when I should have been trying to get that fight done back in 2.1, when people actually cared about it. I need to just figure out why I'm so bad at dps and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Either that or just go back to healing full time.

Sorian

Banned
It's okay, I have put a ton of practice into that fight and I still royally suck. I've gotten to the point where I feel guilty for asking people to do that fight now, when I should have been trying to get that fight done back in 2.1, when people actually cared about it. I need to just figure out why I'm so bad at dps and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Either that or just go back to healing full time.

Are you bad at dps or bad at the titan fight? I think I hold a pretty high level of play in this game and I HATE HATE HATE titan ex. Don't beat yourself up to much, it's a shitty fight that is either relying on twitch reflexes or memorization. The first has no place in an MMO and the second is only fun when done right.

Edit: Your avatar changed between me quoting and posting and I thought that somehow your post got deleted.

The only thing that will kill you most often during Titan fight is Weigh of Land. You don't have to remember all Titan's moves but when you see Landslide you need to be aware that WoL will come in any moment.

Jayhawk

lol tigerkiddo changes avatar every other week. keep at it with the Titan EX attempts and don't be so down on yourself!

The only thing that will kill you most often during Titan fight is Weigh of Land. You don't have to remember all Titan's moves but when you see Landslide you need to be aware that WoL will come in any moment.

I've only just started attempting Titan Ex but this is what's killed me every time I've died just about. Doesn't help I'm on PS3 and that's got some latency with animations...

Lain

Popping in to say that I closed my account and for at least a couple months I won't resub. I wasn't playing much, I was just logging on from time to time and getting bored fast.
So, feel free to kick Lea Monde if you need a spot to invite people to the GAF FC.

suzu

I need to get around to doing Titan EX too. The DPS DF for it is also so slooow.

Edit: Blah, these PF groups are no better. :( Barely get up to add phase and then people start dropping. If anybody needs a bard, invite me (Riley) please~

Managed to cap off soldiery tomes last night in time for the reset thankfully by running brayflox over and over.

Been attempting to get good groups to farm leviathan ex but they are hard to come by on Gilgamesh...

Having fun with the fight though and looking forward to getting past the twisters on twintania and finally getting into coil two!

So, the latest beta client and 12gb download is the one for the final release correct? I'm not going to spend the next day downloading this over WiFi on to have to get a new one Friday?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, the latest beta client and 12gb download is the one for the final release correct? I'm not going to spend the next day downloading this over WiFi on to have to get a new one Friday?
Yes, they have confirmed that you'll be able to use the PS4 open beta client for the release.

BadRNG

I need to just figure out why I'm so bad at dps and figure out what I'm doing wrong. Either that or just go back to healing full time.
Have you tried recording yourself attacking a training dummy with your rotation or maybe PoV video of you during a normal endgame encounter? Then you have something that people can give feedback on. Given the dps number discrepancies you've talked about in the past I'm guessing there's something someone will notice.

Mupod

okay guys this is very important

I need armor that is

a) equippable by warriors
b) looks like real armor
c) lets me see neck slot items

it is unacceptable that my cute ribbon is invisible under this allagan crap, or any other armor I have. I'd imagine the soldiery tome abs armor won't let me see it either.

Ken

okay guys this is very important

I need armor that is

a) equippable by warriors
b) looks like real armor
c) lets me see neck slot items

it is unacceptable that my cute ribbon is invisible under this allagan crap, or any other armor I have. I'd imagine the soldiery tome abs armor won't let me see it either.

ask illy

i bet he knows just the armor for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom