• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried recording yourself attacking a training dummy with your rotation or maybe PoV video of you during a normal endgame encounter? Then you have something that people can give feedback on. Given the dps number discrepancies you've talked about in the past I'm guessing there's something someone will notice.

No, I haven't tried that yet, I may have to give it a shot, when I can get streaming to work on my computer. Thanks for the suggestion!

N.A

Banned
Patch notes: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/9753331c749eae572419f556afdd5a87a3210a8c

Event
The Binding Coil of Bahamut has been adjusted as follows:
Players can now queue for the Binding Coil of Bahamut solo via the Duty Finder.
Damage reflected by clockwork knights in Turn 4 has been reduced.
Players will now receive the power of the Echo.
The Echo will take effect upon entering the Binding Coil of Bahamut, increasing players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing potency by 10%.
* Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase in the event all party members are incapacitated.
* The Echo will not be applied in Turn 3.
* The strength of the Echo is scheduled to be increased two weeks after the release of patch 2.21.

Countermeasures to prevent exploits in the Second Coil of Bahamut have been implemented.
* Please be advised that we will be strengthening measures to monitor and counteract illicit activity. Any player found to be in violation of the Terms of Service will be subject to the confiscation of illegitimately obtained items, as well as the temporary suspension or banning of their account.

To reduce system load caused by character rendering in the North Shroud, several NPCs have been removed from Fallgourd Floats.

Resolved Issues
Resolved Issues
An issue wherein the bomb queen did not spawn during the guildleve Long Live the Queen.
An issue wherein Good King Moggle Mog XII became invulnerable during the trial Thornmarch (Extreme).
An issue wherein Good King Moggle Mog XII did not use Memento Moogle during the trial Thornmarch (Extreme)
An issue wherein the Add Members window did not appear when party members left during the trial Battle on the Big Bridge.
An issue wherein the effects of Absolute Bind persisted after the battle with Mumuepo the Beholden and Narasimha during the trial Halatali (Hard).
An issue wherein a party containing two ranged DPS could queue for the Wolves' Den.
An issue wherein the main ingredient for Giantsgall War Axe and Giantsgall Claws recipes were reversed.
An issue wherein players could not trade for certain items from Aelina in Revenant's Toll.
An issue where in players were unable to purchase the Stardust Rod or Artemis Bow from the calamity salvager despite meeting purchase requirements.
An issue wherein the camera direction would change when inactive windows were made active.
An issue wherein retainer venture-related actions would occasionally become inaccessible.
An issue wherein pressing Enter while using the auto-translation dictionary would send unfinished text to the chat window.
An issue wherein the position of the Sort option in the item subcommand menu was incorrect.
An issue wherein characters and backgrounds did not display properly. (PlayStation®4)
An issue wherein the game would forcibly close with an application error. (PlayStation®4).
An issue wherein the game client did not behave properly when PlayStation®4 users with no prior PlayStation®3 save data selected the Transfer Character Data "PS3"→"PS4" Option.
An issue wherein Japanese text was erroneously displayed in certain instances.
An issue wherein the Atma of the Maiden and the Atma of the Ram were erroneously listed as being obtainable in central Thanalan and central La Noscea respectively.

Known Issues
An issue wherein users with 17 or more save entries present on the PlayStation®4 cannot transfer save data from the PlayStation®3.

Noi

LBs are fine as they are now, but I do hope to see some expansion of them in future. Having specific jobs be further individualized (and valued) by giving them different limit breaks would be nice as a further incentive to not stacking multiples of the same job in a party. Also, giving ranged melee DPS a different limit break than the healer's, which is ok now with bard being a support job but will look silly if they ever add in musketeer.

Teknoman

I guess there is going to eventually be some big story event to explain why the power of the echo would get stronger and stronger as time goes by.

I wonder why they actually turn it off for one area though?

Because there's nothing to actually fight in Turn 3 except trash, and there's no reason to go into Turn 3 except if your whole party wants to spiritbond stuff.

Xux

I guess there is going to eventually be some big story event to explain why the power of the echo would get stronger and stronger as time goes by.

I wonder why they actually turn it off for one area though?
The Echo getting stronger over time is mentioned quite a bit. The double Echo at the end of the 1.0 city-state stories, the name "Path of the Twelve" came from them handling the Echo together 'cause eventually it got to the point where Echo users eventually lost it and distanced themselves from everyone else for unknown reasons, the end of 2.1's story has the Ascian discussing it etc.

Rektash

servers up..i think

qhonuxun4.png

What did I ever do to you D:?

IMBored

Glad to see some PS4 fixes already. I never had NPC and backgrounds not displayed properly but has booted from the game a couple of time.

Btw, I read there's something called optimal gear rank, and if you equip an item with optimal rank above your level the stats are lower. Is that the same as the ilvl? Because the only other lvl I see on gear is the required level.

Better!

Question regarding the tomes - do bosses in CT and Coil drop them? Or are they limited to "normal" instances?

Every instance at level 50 awards myth tomes, including Coil. And some of them award tomes of soldiery. You have a limit of 450 soldiery in a week but you can earn all the myth tomes you want, though you can only carry 2k at a time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Every instance at level 50 awards myth tomes, including Coil. And some of them award tomes of soldiery. You have a limit of 450 soldiery in a week but you can earn all the myth tomes you want, though you can only carry 2k at a time.
Great, will try CT/Coil, because I'm already bored of the Extreme Roulette.

Number45

Registered my pre-order code yesterday but there's no sign of the Cait Sith doll or Moogle cap on my account. :(
Answering my own question here, but apparently these come with the launch of the game itself. Only the early access code is delivered early.

Xux

Easter event's up! With eggs hidden around random fields...hopefully I can stumble across some while running around like a jackass for these last two atma. :D :/

Caelestis

Countermeasures to prevent exploits in the Second Coil of Bahamut have been implemented.
* Please be advised that we will be strengthening measures to monitor and counteract illicit activity. Any player found to be in violation of the Terms of Service will be subject to the confiscation of illegitimately obtained items, as well as the temporary suspension or banning of their account.

Are they talking about enrage method here?

Semper88

Quick question, i'm buying the game on the PS4.

I've played the BETA 2 and had alot of fun with my warrior but i'm a bit blanc on the crafting system.

should i level this after i hit 50 or during my class leveling?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
you pull a lot and aoe them?

nothing like locking out tons of enemies like in WP speed runs so I don't think it's a big issue or one at all.
Ah, okay. I thought it was something else like in WP etc.

creid

Btw, I read there's something called optimal gear rank, and if you equip an item with optimal rank above your level the stats are lower. Is that the same as the ilvl? Because the only other lvl I see on gear is the required level.
This was a feature of 1.x, it's gone in the current version of the game.

I like the auto-Echo for Coil. I got a bit fed up of joining Party Finder groups to farm Coil T1 for some last bits of tank gear I wanted, as the groups invariably lasted two runs tops and ended up being a lot of effort and tears. Now I can use Duty Finder, get a group of randoms in seconds and stand a good chance of completing even with people who've never done it before and are learning on the fly. Also, it helps cover what a massive scrub I am. All in the name of completionism. I will have my choker, armour and flanchard.

Stuart444

T5? Watch people fumble to beat T2 without enraging lol

What? People will still do T2 enrage.

It was already possible with 2 healers (though uncommon because 3 healers gives you a better chance of not messing up in random groups), with the echo buff giving higher potency healing/attack power/hp, doing enrage via DF won't be tough at all with randoms.

edit: infact, barring High Voltage issues, T2 will probably have the highest success rate out of all the turns. If you don't have two people who can silence high voltage, you probably won't beat it anyway. The nerf helps but being hit or being unable to heal due to paralysis against ADS usually kill parties/cause wipes in normal PF enrage groups so yeah.

It was already possible with 2 healers (though uncommon because 3 healers gives you a better chance of not messing up in random groups), with the echo buff giving higher potency healing/attack power/hp, doing enrage via DF won't be tough at all with randoms.
I'm not saying it'll be impossible to enrage, but it'll get a lot harder since you can't control the jobs that will be on the queue.

Hell, might as well do one of the normal routes if you get matched with stuff like 2 of the same healer job and no BRD.

Stuart444

I'm not saying it'll be impossible to enrage, but it'll get a lot harder since you can't control the jobs that will be on the queue.

Hell, might as well do one of the normal routes if you get matched with stuff like 2 of the same healer job and no BRD.

Yeah, I just added an edit to the post above. Not being able to control the classes you get is the biggest obstacle for it (and for most turns honestly)

Wilsongt

The echo buff won't help some groups. I did a random DF of Ifrit HM a few days ago to help with my 3rd relic. Um... It wasn't pretty. The other healer insisted on staying in Cleric Stance the whole time and DPSing, and whoever was on the LB button had no idea what the hell they were doing.

You can buff characters, but you can't make the person controlling the character smarter or more skillful.

The echo buff won't help some groups. I did a random DF of Ifrit HM a few days ago to help with my 3rd relic. Um... It wasn't pretty. The other healer insisted on staying in Cleric Stance the whole time and DPSing, and whoever was on the LB button had no idea what the hell they were doing.

You can buff characters, but you can't make the person controlling the character smarter or more skillful.
My 2.2 relic Titan HM run consisted of a party full of people with Allagan stuff, some of them with their Zenith relics and we still needed the 50% buff to very barely beat him with 3 people alive lol

edit: infact, barring High Voltage issues, T2 will probably have the highest success rate out of all the turns. If you don't have two people who can silence high voltage, you probably won't beat it anyway. The nerf helps but being hit or being unable to heal due to paralysis against ADS usually kill parties/cause wipes in normal PF enrage groups so yeah.
you can esuna the paralyze now.

Stuart444

you can esuna the paralyze now.

Doesn't help if it happens right before enrage goes off. Even worse if you're the only healer that bothers to leech/esuna it off.

In a T2 enrage before, I did help us survive it once. Leech'd every healer asap just as enrage went off and we topped everyone off. It usually doesn't go that well though but maybe with the slightly higher hp, it will go better even with HV going off? Who knows.

Mairu

Looks like I'm going to continue playing for the time being. I found a group that needed a paladin and did T6 for the first time last night along with getting pretty close to downing T7. Hopefully we'll get it tonight.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh yeah, body from soldiery tomes which was an upgrade to my AF. +45 item levels on the body.
No atma drops today was a bummer, but at least I've reached avg. ilvl 75 and the soldiery tomes cap for this week.

I don't know why my character looks so angry on this screenshot, he should be happy. :(

Doesn't help if it happens right before enrage goes off. Even worse if you're the only healer that bothers to leech/esuna it off.

In a T2 enrage before, I did help us survive it once. Leech'd every healer asap just as enrage went off and we topped everyone off. It usually doesn't go that well though but maybe with the slightly higher hp, it will go better even with HV going off? Who knows.

You can use the paralyze removal potion now.

MogCakes

I got a full set of Crimson gear. With that I think I'm done with CT for a while. Bought all my i90 accessories and belt, now I need to farm myth for the AF2 set and upgrade my relic to its final form.

Now's a good time to do the EX primals and Ultima HM right? I'm at i81.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom