• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In defense of DRG's, and melee DPS in general. Because melee DPS tends to be very dependent on position, and have more involved rotations, it's far easier to tunnel vision on those classes.

That of course, doesn't excuse poor attitudes. Also, well practiced Monks and Dragoons are usually beyond the tunnel vision stage.

ummm if you aren't doing max dps you're playing melee wrong. Idk any good drg/mnks that even care about mechanics

Noi

I wouldn't call it really easy. Had to get a full GAF all star group to beat it and even then it took about three wipes. There's a couple of phases that can wipe you if you don't have good party coordination (thinking the aethereal booms) and then at the end you have to have the tank lb3 ready to go at the right time.

I imagine with full echo it's a good deal easier though.

Well, the pattern is easy enough to learn and is way easier than any of the Extreme fights. Three wipes to clear the fight is still way better than going through PUG after PUG of people who were way overgeared for the fight not being able to keep up with the mechanics of it. Hell, on more than one occasion, I've had one DPS use Lv3 LB to "Try and finish it off" before the final set of Aetheric Booms. The fight really just has a very low tolerance for how many screw-ups can happen before the party wipes, since it technically has a hard "enrage" though thankfully those screw-ups are almost always easy to identify. I know I'm never attempting the fight again unless it's with a group of seven others I know, though I'll admit that I haven't tried to do the fight since 2.2 launched so I couldn't tell you if the echo changes things.

*Puts up GAF signal*

Haha, I'm definitely normally on the side of thinking that I should do it for the fight itself and not for the reward, but Ultima's just so tedious, especially now that i90 and i100 accessories are so relatively easy to get. I'm hoping that Gilgamesh Hard won't end up in the same situation, though at least that fight's mechanics seem to be immediately more "fun" than Ultima's.

Edit: The move back to gaming and title change made me think I was posting in the PS4 beta thread, haha.

Sophia

DPS who make the lives of their healers more awful are the worst.

Titan cares not for the murderers of his children.

Titan's kind of weird as a primal. Where as Ifrit is narcissistic, and Garuda a magic addict, Titan's problems could probably easily be solved if he wasn't as stupid as the rocks he is made out of it. >_>;

K.Sabot

I love doing titan runs where people die early and are like "let's just make it to echo" like it fucking matters at all.

It just ends up with me as the healer:

1.getting ungaoled into landslide
2.popping heart phase during bombs
3.killing heart during bombs

DPS who make the lives of their healers more awful are the worst.
Nah, I love having to waste my Aether stacks to make sure we have all of our DPS members alive for DPS check phases, potentially leaving our tank lower than I'd like, only for them to get hit by shit like Landslide or die twice in a row to avoidable damage, effectively getting us wiped.

Welcome
to hell
PS4 players!

ahuffman

Banned
Looking forward to early-access that's for sure. I have been dying to get back on the last 2 days. Still trying to decide on which DPS I am going to main eventually, but I will certainly be leveling up all of the classes outside of the dungeons at least. I cannot see myself tanking in a dungeon, but healing might work.

Eusis

By the way what are the best guides for what to do with each class? I want to see what I may've been overlooking as a PLD.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just as I typed my post amazon sent me my early access code sweet. Does anyone know if there are any finale fantasy swords like the buster sword or gun blade in the game?

Just as I typed my post amazon sent me my early access code sweet. Does anyone know if there are any finale fantasy swords like the buster sword or gun blade in the game?
Aside from event stuff like the FFXIII weapons, it's mostly armor like Warrior of Light gear and White Mage clothing.

You can get Odin's Zantetsuken, though.

Sophia

None that the player can really wield, except some of the FF13 promotional event weapons (which you can't get anymore...) The antagonists have gunblades, but no class can use them right now. As for Buster Swords, there is no two-handed sword class (Warriors use axes, and Paladins are one-handers) in the game yet.

Oh yeah, guess there's Odin's weapon.

Jomjom

Banned
So for people who are doing the PS3 > PS4 conversion through S-E, do we need an early access code to play on the 11th? If not, I can give someone my code.

So I already have a PC account. What's the easiest/cheapest way to get on the PS4?

buy a regular edition ps4 copy and register it on your square enix account.

Or buy a ps3 copy if you have a ps3 and do the upgrade to the ps4 version.

If you don't own a PS3, just buy the PS4 version.

Console and PC are separate registration codes, so you can't just play on PS4 without buying the game for that system.

Sophia

So for people who are doing the PS3 > PS4 conversion through S-E, do we need an early access code to play on the 11th? If not, I can give someone my code.

Nope, you do not need a code if you're upgrading from PS3 to PS4. The upgrade process will start on the 11th, and you'll be able to play the moment it is finished.

WolvenOne

None that the player can really wield, except some of the FF13 promotional event weapons (which you can't get anymore...) The antagonists have gunblades, but no class can use them right now. As for Buster Swords, there is no two-handed sword class (Warriors use axes, and Paladins are one-handers) in the game yet.

Oh yeah, guess there's Odin's weapon.

Go the the Calamity Savager in Limsa, you can buy the FF13 weapons there.

WolvenOne

You need tokens from the Lightning FATEs for that, no?

Nope, you can just use Gil.

Also you can repurchase event items, artifact armor, or earlier iterations of your Relic weapons.

For example, if I wanted to I could re-purchase my Bravura Zodiac, and do the Atma grinding all over again. XD

Does anyone know about the actual process of upgrading from PS3 to PS4 versions? I have played on the PS3 recently, but they've updated the client and it's taking forever to download on that system. Is it necessary to do the upgrade through the PS3, or can I do it from my PS4?

Sophia

Go the the Calamity Savager in Limsa, you can buy the FF13 weapons there.

But didn't you have to obtain them in the first place to do that? It doesn't show, for example, the seasonal gear I didn't obtain.

Does anyone know about the actual process of upgrading from PS3 to PS4 versions? I have played on the PS3 recently, but they've updated the client and it's taking forever to download on that system. Is it necessary to do the upgrade through the PS3, or can I do it from my PS4?

It'll be handled through the MogStation. As long as you've logged into the PS3 version once and thus have a fully working account, you shouldn't have any issues doing it through the PS4 later.

WolvenOne

But didn't you have to obtain them in the first place to do that? It doesn't show, for example, the seasonal gear I didn't obtain.

It'll be handled through the MogStation. As long as you've logged into the PS3 version once and thus have a fully working account, you shouldn't have any issues doing it through the PS4.

It showed season gear that I didn't obtain.

Sophia

The whole entire first page is blank for me, and the second one only shows the ones I did complete. Pretty sure if you didn't get those FF13 weapons before, you can't get them now.

Actually I don't even see the FFXIII weapons on here. What category are they under?

Noi

That's a bug, I thought, just like being able to see / "buy" relics you hadn't obtained yet from that NPC. You can see them on the list, but the transaction doesn't go through if you try to actually buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom