• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Haha, I'm definitely normally on the side of thinking that I should do it for the fight itself and not for the reward, but Ultima's just so tedious, especially now that i90 and i100 accessories are so relatively easy to get. I'm hoping that Gilgamesh Hard won't end up in the same situation, though at least that fight's mechanics seem to be immediately more "fun" than Ultima's.

Edit: The move back to gaming and title change made me think I was posting in the PS4 beta thread, haha.

Yeah honestly i'm more in it for the fight itself / making myself a better tank. Sure there are better items now and much easier ways to get them...but I like a challenge.

Noi

Yeah honestly i'm more in it for the fight itself / making myself a better tank. Sure there are better items now and much easier ways to get them...but I like a challenge.

I agree! I just got personally burnt out from doing the fight so often and wiping for reasons completely unrelated to how well I was tanking. I'm running into the same issue with Thornmarch (Hard) were I'm getting tired of having to explain the whole fight, tanks keeping the King in the same area as the Bard (and then complaining that the healers aren't good enough) plus wiping because people insist on doing a kill order that ends with half the party getting charmed into moogle go round. I'll just get all the Moogle weapons from ventures instead.

Teknoman

5345d307a068d618872ba0f1.jpg

5345d2c7a068d618872ba0ec.jpg

5345d2e3a068d618872ba0ef.jpg

5345d336a068d618861cb261.jpg

5345d376a068d618861cb26e.jpg

5345d3b0a068d618872ba10a.jpg

5345d408a068d618872ba140.jpg

5345d420a068d618872ba144.jpg

5345d43ba068d618872ba145.jpg

meanwhile, for tanks...

Well at least I see we're useful in Ultima HM. Seems like Healers and Tanks will always only be really situational for limit breaks.

Honestly I wish each DPS job had a different specific LB though, especially since it just looks strange to see Monks and Dragoons with aetheric buster swords.

I agree! I just got personally burnt out from doing the fight so often and wiping for reasons completely unrelated to me. I'm running into the same issue with Thornmarch (Hard) were I'm getting tired of having to explain the whole fight, tanks keeping the King in the same area as the Bard (and then complaining that the healers aren't good enough) plus wiping because people insist on doing a kill order that ends with half the party getting charmed into moogle go round. I'll just get all the Moogle weapons from ventures instead.

What server are you on?

Akuosa

It showed season gear that I didn't obtain.

From the patch notes:
* Only items a player has previously obtained from the respective quests will be available.
* Items sold by seasonal event vendors will be available for purchase regardless of previous quest completion.

So no, they can't buy now the FFXIII weapons if they didn't do the quests. You can always buy the items that were for sale at seasonal NPCs, but not the items that were rewards for the seasonal quests if you didn't get them at the time... what makes sense to me, otherwise, what would be the point?

Mesharey

So when can we play for early access users? (time).

Can I change my server (for a fee) to another server even though I'm using the free trial?

The beta was really good, after the beta I activated my PS3 version to continue playing.

ahuffman

Banned
I'm crossing my fingers that it will be available by the time I hit the bed Friday morning. I am working 2nd shift right now, so I have a fighting chance.

Hazanko

Banned
Still don't understand the early access thing, amazon doesn't seem to know it exists. I was in beta 2 PS4, I read I can get early access from that but I'm sceptical. Just want to play :(

Mesharey

Still don't understand the early access thing, amazon doesn't seem to know it exists. I was in beta 2 PS4, I read I can get early access from that but I'm sceptical. Just want to play :(
I'm sure that if you played beta 2 then you'll have early access.

Korezo

Is ps4 version playable now? Also I applied to FC but stuck on Excalibur for 30 days before I can transfer.I bought the ps3 game and redeemed the one month trail, so I can't request a transfer of server if I'm on a trial.. need to be on a paid subscription. That sucks.

Noi

What server are you on?

Hyperion. It was the only option really available to me in order to play with my other online friends (who are my main static), plus I'm the leader of our FC and we own a house so transferring isn't an option anymore.

I could easily just make a new character on another server, but I ain't about that double life (yet). I dump way too many hours into my own character to duplicate that for two.

And yeah, I'm hoping for more Job specific limit breaks down the line, even if they have the same effect. Seeing Monks pull out swords is just weird, they should be doing stuff like Sabin's Blitzes as their LB1 and 2. Final Heaven as LB3 is fine.

Is ps4 version playable now?

Early access starts on the 11th, game comes out proper on the 14th.

D23

My withdrawals from the beta made get the ps3 version so I can upgrade on Friday.

Played the ps3 version... My god my eyes. It's Sooo bad.. but it will do until Friday. God I can't wait. I'm hoooked

system11

I hope they add a feature so you can wear one type of armour but have the skin from another. Also since I'm buying from Amazon UK I won't get the early access code, I'm still not sure whether to cancel my LE and just get the normal one. I was really only getting the LE for the security key. On the other hand my password is good and I'm never likely to have enough riches to be worth hijacking - burned out on the 'must have the best everything' approach in PSU.

K.Sabot

Was gonna make a joke about party finder and mentally disabled people, but that would be selling the mentally disabled people short.

So I went back to eb games and they printed a second d copy of my pre-order receipt but with a psn code on the bottom. Just one though.

Is this right? Will putting this into the psn store unlocked early access and the pre-order bonuses?

NysGAF

I'll be getting this for PS4 on Friday so I appreciate being able to see what it's really like. The action is way more intense that I expected when I hear Final Fantasy. How the heck do you keep track of everything that's going on? Your screen looks like the cockpit of a jet for goodness sakes. I've never played an MMO before. Does it all become second nature pretty quickly once you put in the hours?

Mairu

I'll be getting this for PS4 on Friday so I appreciate being able to see what it's really like. The action is way more intense that I expected when I hear Final Fantasy. How the heck do you keep track of everything that's going on? Your screen looks like the cockpit of a jet for goodness sakes. I've never played an MMO before. Does it all become second nature pretty quickly once you put in the hours?

I suppose D:

Depending on your role you probably don't really need to see everything but I like concentrating stuff towards the middle. That took us much less time than I expected. Time to wipe to T8!

ShinMaruku

Ok I havea few queries before I start up on my shiny new character, where does the lightining hair style drop (OK tme for the serious one) How viable in endgame are black mages? I love the MP burn and regen mechanic (Reminded my of my fave class spec in wow Arcane Mage)

Teknoman

Ok I havea few queries before I start up on my shiny new character, where does the lightining hair style drop (OK tme for the serious one) How viable in endgame are black mages? I love the MP burn and regen mechanic (Reminded my of my fave class spec in wow Arcane Mage)

Everyone needs some ranged damage at some point, and of course their limit break is great for aoe situations.

EDIT: Alright tomorrow i'm committing to it. I WILL beat Garuda EX.

Zomba13

why would anyone want to increase their electricity bill just so they can manderville 24/7

you're paying enough for the game as it is

that's it? other than that, its the same as hard mode?

Need to tank swap at 2 stacks of the debuff and pick up and tank the ads on one side of the arena, the more stacked they are when they die the better, because when they die they drop an AoE heavy debuff which makes dodging stuff extremely hard.

Other than that it's more of the same as HM but amped up. More directions on landslide, plumes hit harder, jails 2 people (and does an AoE repel stomp after. Just get behind Titan), bombs hit harder with a bigger AoE and a new pattern and Super bombs at the end of the last phase (Bombs everywhere, DPS down one bomb and stand there for safety).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This fucking Mirror drop rate from Levi Ex is goddamn Salvage territory in drops....

I almost have half the weapon set, done 45 Levi Ex clears, 0 Mirrors....

Seriously in about a week everyone and their mother will have the whole set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom