• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper88

Almost almost!!

Can somebody tell me if its wise to level crafting after getting lvl 50? or should i level it during my class leveling?

Bukana

I have a question,
Do I have to buy a copy (PS4) or just buy a subscription since I have the client and played through the beta? Also, I bought it on Steam if it makes any difference.

I just started installing the ps3 version this morning, so what will i need to do after that to eventually get this on the ps4? i dont mind not being able to play this on ps3 as i'd rather play it on ps4.

Mik2121

Do we know when will we be able to login back into the game? I was thinking hopefully as soon as it becomes Friday in Japan (ie, in a bit over 8 hours now), but if the US stuff goes at the same time, I'm worried they might go with the US times and make it Saturday for Japan :(

Installed, updates done, asking me to log into my SE account and what is this one time passwords thing?

ok left that field blank, it let me log in, so why was it there? what's its purpose?

also linked my psn to SE now, and had to create a 'new service account'

laoni

So I installed FFXIV on my new PC from my laptop...

My lordy this is gorgeous @o@ From Laptop Stanard settings at 30fps to Maximum at 60fps. Haven't been able to play for a good 3 months because of my laptop just overheating whenever I start it up

I'm not used to the keyboard yet though >_> I keep pressing the buttons wrong, but this one's an el-cheapo while my real one comes.

Unfortunately while I was gone, my server (Phoenix) seems to have dried up >_< I think I'll shell out for a server transfer to a more populated server, I miss having people to talk to

UrSuLeTzU

This fucking Mirror drop rate from Levi Ex is goddamn Salvage territory in drops....

I almost have half the weapon set, done 45 Levi Ex clears, 0 Mirrors....

Seriously in about a week everyone and their mother will have the whole set

I have 30+ clears and 4 weapons but I've only seen a mirror once.. yeah, that drop rate is pretty brutal...

Teknoman

Since they seem to be digging back to some of the more well liked 1.0 tracks, I wonder if stuff like Holy Consult and Unspoken (old Coerthas theme) will make a return.

EDIT: Ripples in the Sea ( Admiral Bloefhiswyn's theme) still inspires confidence...kinda makes me wish I went with the Maelstrom as a Grand Company.

Then again...I could always switch.

Guys, i saw the price drop for the digital version of FF XIV and was wondering if i can buy it for PS3 to claim the free PS4 upgrade? Is there any time limit on this offer?

I just figured that using the PS3->PS4 upgrade, i will be able to get it for $25. Please confirm this, thanks.

The game is $40 on the PS4, right?

Sorian

Banned
This fucking Mirror drop rate from Levi Ex is goddamn Salvage territory in drops....

I almost have half the weapon set, done 45 Levi Ex clears, 0 Mirrors....

Seriously in about a week everyone and their mother will have the whole set

Hey, that's about when I saw my first one X_X

Teknoman

ok, all set up and ready to go and I cant decide on what server to join :/

I'm biased but...

ultros1.jpg

Teknoman

Ultros? my only concern there, is i'm UK based and thats us server

We have some UK members as well (or at least I believe we do, I know i've seen activity at all hours) but i'm not sure as to how many outside of our free company.

They would probably be better to comment on lag and whatnot.

IMBored

I'm in the UK and on Ultros, zero issues.

If you want to play with GAF, get on Ultros.

Second that. As I understand all NA/EU are based in Canada, so lag wouldn't be better, and the player pop seemed pretty good when I was on (I'm not UK but only one hour off).

Hellers

I have an active PS3 account and I've played it in the past on that platform. Do we have to transfer our characters from inside the PS3 version or can we do it from the PS4? Don't want to have to setup my PS3 again if I don't have to.

Also does anyone know if the fat chocobo can fight alongside you like the GC version?

ok going Ultros, probs wont play it much today as I'm waiting on PS4

gonna create a character and get tutorials etc out the way so i'm eligible for upgrade tomorrow

Qvoth

regarding the 1 time password, i recommend everybody to get the free app on either android or ios
you get an extra free home point with it

remember to start the registration process (for the 1 time password app) from mogstation

regarding the 1 time password, i recommend everybody to get the free app on either android or ios
you get an extra free home point with it

remember to start the registration process (for the 1 time password app) from mogstation

I got that physical token with the CE, is that better than the app?

IMBored

I have an active PS3 account and I've played it in the past on that platform. Do we have to transfer our characters from inside the PS3 version or can we do it from the PS4? Don't want to have to setup my PS3 again if I don't have to.

Also does anyone know if the fat chocobo can fight alongside you like the GC version?

You don't have to. All the servers are shared between platforms, so you can just log in to your character on the PS4. However, macros, hotkeys etc won't transfer unless you log in PS3, use the transfer to PS4 button, log in the PS4 and do the same.
The regular chocobo can fight after a few upgrades, don't know about the fat one.

I got that physical token with the CE, is that better than the app?

I don't think it's better, because you probably have your smartphone at all times, and not the token. For example, I brought my token to work today, hoping the transfer service opens early.

Also, good idea creating a character now, after the early release the server might be full and no creation allowed.

Mesharey

Guys, i saw the price drop for the digital version of FF XIV and was wondering if i can buy it for PS3 to claim the free PS4 upgrade? Is there any time limit on this offer?

I just figured that using the PS3->PS4 upgrade, i will be able to get it for $25. Please confirm this, thanks.

The game is $40 on the PS4, right?
You can.

You don't have to. All the servers are shared between platforms, so you can just log in to your character on the PS4. However, macros, hotkeys etc won't transfer unless you log in PS3, use the transfer to PS4 button, log in the PS4 and do the same.
The regular chocobo can fight after a few upgrades, don't know about the fat one.

I don't think it's better, because you probably have your smartphone at all times, and not the token. For example, I brought my token to work today, hoping the transfer service opens early.

Also, good idea creating a character now, after the early release the server might be full and no creation allowed.

too bad i cant decide on race or clan now XD

is it prime playing time for you right now? because ultros is pretty dead at this hour

not really, I dont have a specifictime, i just wanted to get chracter creastion out the way today asap

Go with the one that seems more appealing for you, the stats for race, clan and god are not important.

I have a habit in rpgs of always going for melee classes on my first playthrough? is this a game were 1 playthrough/character is enough?

Hyur or Roegadyn? I like the bio of the Hellsguard but the stats are lower than the Sea Wolves, yet I like the look of the Hyurs

I have a habit in rpgs of always going for melee classes on my first playthrough? is this a game were 1 playthrough/character is enough?

You will specialize in one class but you can level multiple classes on the same character (you have to in order to unlock your job and important cross class skills).

Good luck!

Sony updated the overview page for the PS4 version that gives a link to info regarding early access

To participate in Early Access you will need a valid pre-order code from a retailer that is participating the in the FINAL FANTASY XIV pre-order campaign. Registering this code will grant you play rights during the Early Access period and will also allow you to download the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn game client for the PlayStation®4.

About the Pre-Order Code:
Retailers that are participating in the FINAL FANTASY XIV pre-order campaign will deliver pre-order promotion codes to eligible customers. These codes are 12 characters long and will be formatted as follows: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Redeeming your Pre-Order Code:
To redeem your pre-order promotion code, please follow these steps on your PlayStation®4:

1. Navigate to PlayStation®Store from the main menu of your PlayStation®4
2. Select “Redeem Codes” from bottom of the Store menu
3. Enter the code you received from the retailer

Once you have successfully entered your pre-order promotion code, your account will be able given Early Access play rights and you will be able to download the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn client.

NOTE: The client will not download automatically, and you will need to take the steps listed in the following section in order to obtain the client.

If you participated in Open Beta phase two, the client you already have installed will be sufficient, and you can skip the following step. If you participated in Open Beta phase two, but have since deleted the game client, you can re-download the game by visiting the “Library” menu on the PlayStation®4 home screen.

Downloading the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn client:
1. On your PlayStation®4, open PlayStation®Store
2. Select “Search” and enter “FINAL FANTASY XIV”
3. Select FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and select the download option to begin downloading the game client.

Early Access Period:
After registering your pre-order code and downloading the client, you will be ready to play during the Early Access period once it begins. You will not be able to play the game until Early Access starts.

Early Access is set to begin on Friday, April 11, 2014 and last until Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 11:59 p.m.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70259

Semper88

Hyur or Roegadyn? I like the bio of the Hellsguard but the stats are lower than the Sea Wolves, yet I like the look of the Hyurs

I've made a warrior in Beta2 because i heard there is a lack of tanks in this game and i'm used to playing tank (WoW)

But i gotta say i highly recommend making a warrior / marauder due the fact that 1 : you can tank 2 : you can actually deal decent dmg and swing a big two handed AXE! what more can you want?

I've made a warrior in Beta2 because i heard there is a lack of tanks in this game and i'm used to playing tank (WoW)

But i gotta say i highly recommend making a warrior / marauder due the fact that 1 : you can tank 2 : you can actually deal decent dmg and swing a big two handed AXE! what more can you want?

1354297651648.jpg

not made my mind up yet but my gut is saying Roegaydn Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom