• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Latency is perfectly playable as a UK player on Ultros; Middle east, you start having problems, but anything west of there should be fine on an NA/EU server.

Mik2121

Dang, came home from work thinking maybe I'd be able to play because people here were talking about the PS4 version going up and all that... arrived home, booted up the game and a download started.. WOOOOOOOH!!!

MAINTENANCE :(

The Jason

I have my PS4 version pre-ordered. I have been looking forward to this game for a long time but I wanted to wait for the PS4 version, so I'm excited.

SAMZ

Gaf I need help. How do I get early access on ps4? It won't let me pre order the ps store digital. I have the file downloaded because I played beta phase two. I want to buy it now god dammit! Help please lol.

Xux

Flippin' finally:
ZUlOYHC.png
Now to get back to...everything else, lol.

I've seen people tripped up by a few things on the official FFXIV forums, so just a reminder to new people just getting into the game.

- One-Time Password should be left blank unless you own a security token or have set up the application on your smartphone (Other MMOs that have this feature usually say 'authenticator code' for this box). It just adds more security to your account (always a good thing)

- Unless you have a reason to, you should not tick the 'create new service account' box if you already have a FFXIV account.

- One PSN account to one SE account. Getting it switched can be hard from what I've seen.

misteroms

Banned
- One PSN account to one SE account. Getting it switched can be hard from what I've seen.

For this one and I'm talking from my own experience, it was rather simple, just contact customer service via the square enix website and ask to reach their chat.

Takes 5 minutes and now my PSN account is not linked to my old Square Enix account !

For this one and I'm talking from my own experience, it was rather simple, just contact customer service via the square enix website and ask to reach their chat.

Takes 5 minutes and now my PSN account is not linked to my old Square Enix account !

That's good to hear! I was just basing this on people complaining on the official forums but I guess I shouldn't have assumed.

Also, I just saw this (it's from yesterday but I didn't see anything on it.. unless I missed it haha)

Yes.
If you do the upgrade, you will need to purchase another copy of the PS3 game to add that license back to your account, but it can be done.

just got the first PS3 trophy (didnt know the game supported them) I decided to keep Axegrinder XD. So where would be the best place to leave the game until the PS4 early access tomorrow, which I assume i'm now eligible?

IMBored

just got the first PS3 trophy (didnt know the game supported them) I decided to keep Axegrinder XD. So where would be the best place to leave the game until the PS4 early access tomorrow, which I assume i'm now eligible?

Inside a sanctuary. You'll notice a moon icon next to the exp bar, you starting city is one. You'll want that because it gives you exp bonus depending on the time you stayed there, even if logged out.

orion434

Got a quick question? To play during Early Access do I have to do the PS3 -> PS4 Transfer on the Mogstation? Or do I have to do that before the 14th which is the official release date?

During the beta I was getting Error Code CE-33987-0, I want to make sure this is not a problem before I Transfer my character.

Hedrush

Hmmm when I goto the UK store. It says I've purchased the game but I've not. What gives? Not complaining tho if I get it for free.

Number45

What time does early access start? I need my fix.
01:00 PST I think was the start/finish time for the beta last week so I would assume the same here.

Hmmm when I goto the UK store. It says I've purchased the game but I've not. What gives? Not complaining tho if I get it for free.
This is just for the client download. I assume a separate item will go up on Monday that's the actual licence to play the game.

Sophia

i've named my character now, but theres a few interesting one if i decide to make a new one XD.

Battle gear vs Field gear?

Battle Gear is for the combat disciples. Marauder, Gladiator, Conjurer, Thaumaturge, etc, etc.

Field Gear is for the non-combat disciples. The crafters, and the gatherers.

So which Disciple of the Hand and Land skills are worth leveling up? I'm mainly a healer and sticking to the magic class.
DoH and DoL skills are useless for combat classes. You might want to get them to level up other DoH and DoL classes, but if you don't care about crafting just ignore them completely.

mtodavk

Does anyone know of some large retail chains that sell the subscription cards to this game. Just got my summoner/scholar to 45 and my sub ran out! Not even my local Gamestop has them...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

Anyone can download the client I think but it won't do anything without an active account. There's no buy link for the PS4 version in the EU yet as far as I can tell. I just bought the PS3 version to do the licence transfer. Shame you need to download it though, my PS3 download speed is truly awful...

Hedrush

This is just for the client download. I assume a separate item will go up on Monday that's the actual licence to play the game.

Anyone can download the client I think but it won't do anything without an active account. There's no buy link for the PS4 version in the EU yet as far as I can tell. I just bought the PS3 version to do the licence transfer. Shame you need to download it though, my PS3 download speed is truly awful...

Ok cheers guys.

Soi-Fong

So you can level up different crafting classes to get skills for the other crafting classes and min-max stuff. Same goes for the gathering classes.

None of those skills can be used by combat classes, though.

Is there any in particular I should try to go for? Like I know Culinarians can make special foods, different stuff like that.

orion434

Is there any in particular I should try to go for? Like I know Culinarians can make special foods, different stuff like that.

Take Culinarian to lv 37 for Steady Hand II, then Carpenter to lv 50 for Byregot's Blessing then Weaver to lv 50 for Careful Synthesis II then you can safely make any sub-lv 50 food HQ with lv 55 Culinarian Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom