• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
My fear now is that there will not be high level crafted gear at all but only glamours :/ Hope not.

Just a guess but that Gerolt stuff probably takes the place of current myth gear and people will need to farm tomes for that while they wait to get allagan 2 drops from the new coil.

At least the outfit I will need isn't so bad I guess. BLM gets screwed though with that ugly tutu.
brdnew.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My fear now is that there will not be high level crafted gear at all but only glamours :/ Hope not.

There will be, the master recipes touted by the devs have to have some great stuff in there

3 star crafted items will play a huge role in revitalizing the market
It's just we have to see how the materials for said crafted items are gotten

At least the outfit I will need isn't so bad I guess. BLM gets screwed though with that ugly tutu.

I just looked at the picture again is the BRD wearing designer Clogs, those look painful

I'll take the Tutu goddammit, thank fuck there's glamour to change that shit up at least!

Qvoth

i'm thinking the new gold plated weapons are from soldiery tomestones, while the new red weapons are from the new coil

can't wait for blm stuff!

GraveRobberX

I so hope Turn 6-9 follow the same loot table as 1-5 excluding 3 of course

Tanks need that body ASAP!, I swear to god if they put bodies in Turn 9, I'll be super pissed!

Zomba13

You can apply glamours as long as the target item has equal or less slots than the vanity item.

So you can apply Odin's armor to anything, but you can't apply anything to Odin's armor, get it?

But in the description is says
Glamours cannot be cast said:
Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl (2 slot) on a robe(1 slot), as the head slot of the hooded cowl is not covered by the robe.

Where Healer robe is the base item and darklight cowl is the item projected onto it.
Would be the same as projecting an hurdygurdywhatsit Odin Body (4 slot) onto PLD body (1 slot) or DL tincan (2 Slot).
Really sucks. Glad I went for Zantetsuken to use as a vanity item. If I even gold Odin again I may get the hat if I find some body stuff it goes with or more likely the Choco Barding.

But in the description is says

Where Healer robe is the base item and darklight cowl is the item projected onto it.
It's bad translation it seems. Just look at the images and you'll understand

Darklight robe > WHM robe = OK
WHM robe > Darklight robe = not OK

Casting the glamour of a hooded cowl on another hooded cowl, as both occupy a body and head slot.
Casting the glamour of a robe on a hooded cowl, as the body and head slot of the hooded cowl include the body slot of the robe.
* In this case, you will not appear to be wearing headwear.

EDIT - Ok I don't understand it anymore. I guess Odin will still be useless after all? This whole thing is confusing as shit if you read it again.

GraveRobberX

I don't because bard got super fucked with all that stuff in T4 an T5...

You just keep playing your songs!

Let the people who eat the damage get the first items!

Do you really have a deathwish to be super spoony BRD and try to get yourself killed

Zomba13

It's bad translation it seems. Just look at the images and you'll understand

Darklight robe > WHM robe = OK
WHM robe > Darklight robe = not OK

EDIT - Ok I don't understand it anymore. I guess Odin will still be useless after all? This whole thing is confusing as shit if you read it again.

I think it's a mix of bad translation and bad visual aids. It has the 'base' item on the left but an arrow to the right which implies the base item is going over the right item but that is labelled as the projected item implying that it is the item used as vanity.

We won't know until we can fiddle with it. All we know is 1:1 slots work fine and 2+:1 or 1:2+ work but we don't know which.

On a non vanity-but-still-kinda-vanity tangent, anyone know if Chocobo breeding is planned at all? I loved that in FFXI and loved my Red Chocobo named Black Hayate.

BadRNG

It makes sense to me. An item that takes up multiple slots can be glamoured to show as something else, even with items that only take one, it's just those unused slots will show as empty. However an item that only takes up one can't be glamoured to show something that takes up more.

So yes, Odin is useless. Probably because they are too lazy to hide those other item slots, which would cause really ugly clipping.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
3 months and no boots? Yeouch

I'm so glad most SCH BiS is Myth as well. And I can just use the CT gloves if I can't drop the Allagan ones.

Yeah... just curious how the new gear will work out. Maybe I'll get lucky again and my BIS is all that Gerolt gear.

GraveRobberX

3 months and no boots? Yeouch

I'm so glad most SCH BiS is Myth as well. And I can just use the CT gloves if I can't drop the Allagan ones.

It took me from Mid-October (2013) till last week, to finally see the Heavy Allagan Plate Belt drop and winning it!
I'm missing Head from T5 and that damn fending ring, which I always gets screwed over some way somehow, if I go tank, I lose lot (was a random PUG for most Coil parties in Nov-Dec) or if I went BLM as enrage for Turn 2, I couldn't even roll...

I wish they could put in a system where randomness still plays a part but also loot doesn't fuck over the whole group for weeks/months cause you only get probably 8 items out of the week (it will be only 2-4 for the first few weeks)

I wish Coil was more like CT where you can choose whether to get locked out by getting an item or something. Having one shot a week at RNG is really really annoying.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It took me from Mid-October (2013) till last week, to finally see the Heavy Allagan Plate Belt drop and winning it!
I'm missing Head from T5 and that damn fending ring, which I always gets screwed over some way somehow, if I go tank, I lose lot (was a random PUG for most Coil parties in Nov-Dec) or if I went BLM as enrage for Turn 2, I couldn't even roll...

I wish they could put in a system where randomness still plays a part but also loot doesn't fuck over the whole group for weeks/months cause you only get probably 8 items out of the week (it will be only 2-4 for the first few weeks)

Quite honestly they should move to the CT lockout system for coil. Let people run as much as they want, but only lot on one item a week. Would be more than fair.

GraveRobberX

I wish Coil was more like CT where you can choose whether to get locked out by getting an item or something. Having one shot a week at RNG is really really annoying.

Quite honestly they should move to the CT lockout system for coil. Let people run as much as they want, but only lot on one item a week. Would be more than fair.

Well they want to keep end game raids to be a one time chance scenario

Not repeat as many times necessary till you get it, then Coil would really get farmed out hard and burn out players
Also get only 1 piece guaranteed for the week vs 8 chances, that's the difference

I did Coil last week as a PUG to help them out, out of the 6 drops 5 went to me, felt like I was just looting whoring, they didn't need, I just rolled and won

I just wish there was a mechanic that registered what the game dropped as coffer loot for you
So lets say Turn 6-9 you get 8 items, next week, those 8 items will be placed in the holding table, then you do 6-9 again, those items will not be showing their face again that week, cause you've already seen them
Either give it a 2-3 week grace period, meaning, items by that time start dropping in repeats will be at least a month down the line, this way, at least you get people geared out little by little w/o getting overlapped

If Turn 6-9 has a broken table again like Turn 1 was for awhile or god forbid, some people get Turn 6, 7, 8 down and on farm status, and same gear starts to drop quickly and it's not needed, it will really piss people off
At the start you really will be seeing all new items for weeks to come, but when duplicates start coming into play, that's when the lockout hurts

GraveRobberX

Wait.. Are they actually adding AF2 ?

How would that work without level cap increase for new job quests ?

Looks like AF2 isn't in this patch, the way the gear is looking

Most AF2 gear that was shown through LL is no where to be seen like DRG or WAR

So at the moment it's Crafted, something to do with the Relic Dude that requires the new Soldiery tomes, and finally Allagan 2 from Coil 6-9

Looks like AF2 is being held back for 2.3 to coincide with Crystal Tower Floor 1

CTF1 gear will either be below or equal to Allagan 2 and AF2 will be the new chasing item to surpass Allagan 2 to make said content easier for some to do 6-9

What are the must have cross class skills for SCH to be the best healer possible?
Protect, Stoneskin, Swiftcast, Cleric Stance and Aero.

It's not like you'll have other options, anyways - Cure? Raise? Surecast? Blizzard 2? lol. Swiftcast is of absolute importance though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Protect, Stoneskin, Swiftcast, Cleric Stance and Aero.

It's not like you'll have other options, anyways - Cure? Raise? Surecast? Blizzard 2? lol. Swiftcast is of absolute importance though.

thanks!

why use cleric stance if i'll be a healer, though? just for solo/dps opportunities?

i've heard surecast is a solid option - why do you say otherwise?

GraveRobberX

thanks!

why use cleric stance if i'll be a healer, though? just for solo/dps opportunities?

i've heard surecast is a solid option - why do you say otherwise?

Most of the time you'll be DPS'ing

Your Fairy almost does 75% healing for you, most dungeons you can be afk and no one would be the wiser

You could apply all your ACN DOTs, and switch back and just throw an adlo here and there, maybe a Pysik if you really want to show them you are there

You sure you meant swiftcast and not surecast, sure just means it will land, I think it even overrides paralyze, swiftcast is the one every mage wants, insta-raise is awesome

it's later on in end game where your attention is needed

Yochi-P clearly is working hard to feed us content. I can't imagine how much content it will be in a proper expansion. Please add Ninja!

Paprikka

The way I'm understanding the glamour system is for something like the darklight cowl, you can either make it look like a helm, a chest, or another helm/chest combo. And if you make it look like an item that occupies a single slot, the others will be empty.

So you can wear Odin armor and glamour it to look like a pair of boots, but you'll be running around naked since chest/gloves/pants will all appear to be empty. I suppose you could also make it look like the darklight tanking pants since that's two of the four slots.

Also would mean you can't glamour a one handed weapon to look like a two hander, but you can do it the other way around. Or you can make a two handed weapon look like a shield if you really wanted to.

Jinko

The way I'm understanding the glamour system is for something like the darklight cowl, you can either make it look like a helm, a chest, or another helm/chest combo. And if you make it look like an item that occupies a single slot, the others will be empty.

So you can wear Odin armor and glamour it to look like a pair of boots, but you'll be running around naked since chest/gloves/pants will all appear to be empty. I suppose you could also make it look like the darklight tanking pants since that's two of the four slots.

Also would mean you can't glamour a one handed weapon to look like a two hander, but you can do it the other way around. Or you can make a two handed weapon look like a shield if you really wanted to.

Nope I think its the other way round.

Common sense tells me you can only glamour a robe to a cowl, but not a cowl to a robe because it share 2 slots, but this is SE so common sense doesn't really come into it I guess.

Paprikka

Nope I think its the other way round.

Common sense tells me you can only glamour a robe to a cowl, but not a cowl to a robe because it share 2 slots, but this is SE so common sense doesn't really come into it I guess.

In the lodestone post, the projected item is the appearance/glamour that's being applied to the base item. So your example is the one thing they say is possible and use as an example as well. The rest was just guessing on my part, as they might not let you apply a helm glamour to a cowl since it's technically still just a body piece that doesn't let you equip a helm. I was just basing it off the rules they listed.

WolvenOne

Ah, so we're probably not getting AF2 this time. That's a shame, I rather liked the illustrations of WAR AF2. GF armor looks decent though, and the fact that you can get GF weapons is nice as well. Hopefully they don't cost THAT many Soldiery Tomes. The 900 Myth needed for Relic+1 was painful when we were only getting 300 per week.

Also, the fact that you need an item to remove Glamours from items is a little annoying. It takes an already somewhat obtuse system and makes it even more clumsy. That said, I'm not sure I'll be using the vanity system all that much anyway, and hopefully they make it a little less clumsy in future iterations.

The whole thing with Odin armor is still a huge bummer though.

WolvenOne

Also, because other people mentioned it.

I do hope that they step up the voice acting at some point. Preferably I'd like them to hire a new voice cast starting with the expansion. I'm sure they can find people that sound like the current cast, but can do the roles more justice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Ah, so we're probably not getting AF2 this time. That's a shame, I rather liked the illustrations of WAR AF2. GF armor looks decent though, and the fact that you can get GF weapons is nice as well. Hopefully they don't cost THAT many Soldiery Tomes. The 900 Myth needed for Relic+1 was painful when we were only getting 300 per week.

Also, the fact that you need an item to remove Glamours from items is a little annoying. It takes an already somewhat obtuse system and makes it even more clumsy. That said, I'm not sure I'll be using the vanity system all that much anyway, and hopefully they make it a little less clumsy in future iterations.

The whole thing with Odin armor is still a huge bummer though.

Nope, no AF2 this time.

WolvenOne

Indeed we did. like everything we need is from turn 4 and 5. Boots, Neck, Pants and Bow. Everything else is meh.

Yeeeeaaah, but at the same time, Tanks are, "so," blasted vital for a parties survival that, indeed, the armor needs to be one of the more easily acquired items. Usually, in most fights, parties can deal with the DPS being a little fragile or their damage being a little lower then it should, but a Tank not being able to survive attacks is essentially a brick wall for progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom