• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrael

Anyone know a list of inaccessible dungeons currently on the world map? Only one I'm sure about is Nanawa Mines.

Aeana

Will they keep the theme on a possible second raid, though?

Or just add a Tower of Zot raid.

Of course they will. So far we've only gone through the Labyrinth of the Ancients, which is the area outside of the tower. We haven't even entered the tower itself yet. There's still plenty of Eureka and Crystal Tower bosses from FF3 to go, including the final boss of the game which should hopefully be the final encounter in CT.

ZE6jVl.jpg

Thinking creepy dungeons, something like the Evil Forest from FF9 with petrified people around could be really cool.
Of course they will. So far we've only gone through the Labyrinth of the Ancients, which is the area outside of the tower. We haven't even entered the tower itself yet. There's still plenty of Eureka and Crystal Tower bosses from FF3 to go, including the final boss of the game which should hopefully be the final encounter in CT.
Didn't know that - splitting enemies in the NES version made sure that I would never beat FF3 lol. So we could probably end up seeing a Cloud of Darkness fight eventually? Awesome.

Jinko

If they keep up the trend of iconic Final Fantasy enemies for patch dungeons like Siren and Diabolos, which ones could they add? Typhoon is extremely likely, since there's concept art for it. I would think Fenrir will be a primal, but I would have thought the same of Diabolos too. Ultros and Phantom Train are others I can think of.

Typhoon was planned for CT I think, so expect to see him in 2.3.

As for Primals, we obviously have Ramuh and Shiva, so can't see others taking presidence over those.

Is Gilgamesh supposed to be a Primal btw ?

Teknoman

Will they keep the theme on a possible second raid, though?

Or just add a Tower of Zot raid.

Yes please.

Also Calcobrena would be great to see.

Typhoon was planned for CT I think, so expect to see him in 2.3.

As for Primals, we obviously have Ramuh and Shiva, so can't see others taking presidence over those.

Is Gilgamesh supposed to be a Primal btw ?

Nah he's like Lightning. Void tripper.

Thinking creepy dungeons, something like the Evil Forest from FF9 with petrified people around could be really cool.

Didn't know that - splitting enemies in the NES version made sure that I would never beat FF3 lol. So we could probably end up seeing a Cloud of Darkness fight eventually? Awesome.

Yeah she's in the art for the tower

20130925_1.jpg

FFXIV_ARR_-_Cloud_of_Darkness.png

The question is, will she move around or be stationary?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
CT makes me wish SE would just copy the WoW model completely in regards to raiding. Have two versions of every raid. One that is noticeably lower ilvl and much much easier - and can be queued for via duty finder. Then one that is tuned traditionally, and must be completed by a normal group. Higher ilvl loot and more difficult fights.

Would definitely help the whole "content starved" folks since each group of more casual and more hardcore folks be getting new content every 3-4 months instead of every 6-8 like their current model leaves them with. That and the fights in CT have so much potential but are left as rather piss-easy and mindless. Would love to see them on a coil (or higher) difficulty curve.

That and I'm probably going to be dropping XIV again simply because raiding traditionally just doesn't work well with my schedule most of the time as last week showed for me. Which leaves me with fuck all to do with my time in the game now. WoW's saving grace for me is and has been LFR.

WolvenOne

CT makes me wish SE would just copy the WoW model completely in regards to raiding. Have two versions of every raid. One that is noticeably lower ilvl and much much easier - and can be queued for via duty finder. Then one that is tuned traditionally, and must be completed by a normal group. Higher ilvl loot and more difficult fights.

Would definitely help the whole "content starved" folks since each group of more casual and more hardcore folks be getting new content every 3-4 months instead of every 6-8 like their current model leaves them with. That and the fights in CT have so much potential but are left as rather piss-easy and mindless. Would love to see them on a coil (or higher) difficulty curve.

That and I'm probably going to be dropping XIV again simply because raiding traditionally just doesn't work well with my schedule most of the time as last week showed for me. Which leaves me with fuck all to do with my time in the game now. WoW's saving grace for me was and has been LFR.

I will admit that this would probably work better. That said, first Square would need to update their Duty Finder system to be able to handle 24 man premade groups. Yeah I know you can game the system to do it now, but still. XD

Edit: Actually that might be coming in the latest patch. Guess we'll have to wait and see. <_<

Jinko

That and I'm probably going to be dropping XIV again simply because raiding traditionally just doesn't work well with my schedule most of the time as last week showed for me. Which leaves me with fuck all to do with my time in the game now. WoW's saving grace for me is and has been LFR.

I think wow style LFR content will happen eventually, but won't be until the expansion pack.

scosher

Agree wholeheartedly. If Square expects Coils 6-9 to hold the attention of their raiding playerbase for 6 months, they'll be facing a lot of burnout and cancelled subscriptions pretty rapidly.

There's no harm in copying from other games. Especially when WoW already faced a lot of these same issues and growing pains. We already have a Duty Finder in place, so it's really just up to Square to start designing a hard and normal mode for each new raid instance. They already have this tiered structure with primals anyway, so it's not out of the ballpark.

Speaking of copying WoW, chests that drop tokens that are shared by 3 of the 9 jobs would go a long way in alleviating the loot table RNG issue. Plus they could put certain items like accessories in non-boss related chests, like that optional chest in Turn 1. Or they could have locked chests/doors that are only unlocked after completing puzzles (although something more complicated than the Qarn one, and perhaps even randomized), which is something no other MMO really does I believe. But it would fit with the Final Fantasy genre. I remember people were wondering back in October, if there was some secret chest in Turn 3, and it was such a disappointment when Square confirmed that it was just pointless trash filler.

Azrael

I know Cait Sith is going to be making an appearance in XIV too, but I suspect he'll be tied to Golden Saucer.

Here's hoping for patch notes after the live letter tomorrow.

Jinko

Speaking of copying WoW, chests that drop tokens that are shared by 3 of the 9 jobs would go a long way in alleviating the loot table RNG issue. Plus they could put certain items like accessories in non-boss related chests, like that optional chest in Turn 1. Or they could have locked chests/doors that are only unlocked after completing puzzles (although something more complicated than the Qarn one, and perhaps even randomized), which is something no other MMO really does I believe. But it would fit with the Final Fantasy genre. I remember people were wondering back in October, if there was some secret chest in Turn 3, and it was such a disappointment when Square confirmed that it was just pointless trash filler.

Hmmm I'm thinking optional chests .... which are actually mimics.

Man, EM Titan is such a huge difference from HM. Lost count the amount of times I died to bombs because the radius is huge compared to HM. Ugh, forget that fight

BadRNG

Man, EM Titan is such a huge difference from HM. Lost count the amount of times I died to bombs because the radius is huge compared to HM. Ugh, forget that fight
It will become second nature just like HM did eventually, probably even faster since you are already used to a variation of the song and dance. I think it's pretty fun. Assuming you, or anyone else in your group, isn't lagging. Then it's hardest fight in the game and just an exercise in frustration.

It feels really weird going back to HM after doing EM though. The area feels gigantic, and everyone always gets confused on how far to run for his jumps.

It will become second nature just like HM did eventually, probably even faster since you are already used to a variation of the song and dance. I think it's pretty fun. Assuming you, or anyone else in your group, isn't lagging. Then it's hardest fight in the game and just an exercise in frustration.

It feels really weird going back to HM after doing EM though. The area feels gigantic, and everyone always gets confused on how far to run for his jumps.

My main issue is that the server is kinda dead around the time I usually play and most of the groups have trouble reaching heart phase...ugh.

And I shall be playing some FF XHD/X-2 HD and Tropical Freeze next Wednesday...or maybe I'll do something else with my time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

chrono01

Honestly, as unfortunate as 25 hours sounds, I don't mind it as long as that means little-to-no issues after it goes live. Of course, I'm still expecting a few bugs, and possible disconnects, but if they server can remain up for a decent period of time so I can enjoy some of the new content, I will be pleased.

As with all major patches, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see frequent stretches where I'll be unable to play and/or more maintenance afterwards.

Lots of people are going to come back for 2.2. I'm looking forward to more queues and server crashes. Squenix has been consistently incapable of anticipating the demand for this game, they're unlikely to suddenly figure it out now.

Aeana

Lots of people are going to come back for 2.2. I'm looking forward to more queues and server crashes. Squenix has been consistently incapable of anticipating the demand for this game, they're unlikely to suddenly figure it out now.

Maybe docbon will drop by for 2 days again before he quits again.

chrono01

Yeah.

I'm trying to remain as optimistic as I can, but...this really wouldn't surprise me in the least. :/

WolvenOne

Oddly, save for some issues with mandatory Fates spawning way too slowly, the 2.1 patch was hecka smooth.

Granted, the 2.15 patch wasn't, so it could go either way really. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom