• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeeeeaaah, but at the same time, Tanks are, "so," blasted vital for a parties survival that, indeed, the armor needs to be one of the more easily acquired items. Usually, in most fights, parties can deal with the DPS being a little fragile or their damage being a little lower then it should, but a Tank not being able to survive attacks is essentially a brick wall for progression.

Well they put a ton of DRG loot early on too. Could have swapped some of that out.

I totally understand having the tank items drop. the problems was the loot tables as a whole are/were fucked. Things are/were to heavily weighted in certain turns or certain chest.

I think they way they did it they should have had 3 chest and smaller tables per chest.

BLCKATK

I totally understand having the tank items drop. the problems was the loot tables as a whole are/were fucked. Things are/were to heavily weighted in certain turns or certain chest.

I think they way they did it they should have had 3 chest and smaller tables per chest.

Those are the things that irked me too. The loot tables are huge. It's an 11% drop rate for each piece.. which is pretty low. Not to mention, depending on the class/job, could only be 2-4 pieces drop per Turn, and they might even drop from the same chest. It's pretty damn rough.

I'd love to see 3 chests and smaller loot tables. I think that'd be great. Will they do it? Probably not...

Smaller loot tables would help, it's insane how many items could be got from a single turn and you can go months and months without ever seeing it.

WolvenOne

I would agree that a third chest would probably be warranted, given the sheer NUMBER of items. Granted, that'd make endgame progression slightly easier, which is something that scares a lot of MMO developers. Still, it's probably warranted.

PS: I'm really hoping that upon moving Coil 1 to DF, they move some of the drops into Turn 3. I'm not sure why anyone would rerun Turn 3 otherwise. Except for maybe Spirit Binding.

Clipse

Is there any point in having two different sets of accessories for DRG's and MNK's? Would ease up on bloated loot tables if they just had one set for melee.

Surecast has a use in Twintania at least. Popping Surecast and starting up your heal just as the Fireball hits during Conflaguration phase stops the interruption it would usually cause. Small use, and only buys you 1.5s or so, but hey it's something!

Take turn 2 and an example. In one chest you have Gloves, Boots, and Bracelets of casting. Then in the same chest you have 1 of each, healing, tanking, aiming, striking, maiming. Then they throw another casting piece in the other chest...the fuck

Then 3 tanking The other chest...2 healing...and again 1 of the other ones.

It's just bad a table.

Thats why I say they should put 3 chest with smaller tables.They would be able to do 6, 6, 5 or something; Sure you would have doubles on some but the % should increase for the other gear to drop.

Since mid sept last year I have been running coil with basically the same people every week only missed a few weeks during holidays. just last month one member finally got the last item he needed. (tank neck) that's just silly lol

WolvenOne

Okay, thinking it over for a few minutes, what I'd do for Coil 2 loot is.

Two Chests for Turns 6 and 7, Three Chests for 8 and 9, as these turns are going to be such a high difficulty level that they'll warrant the reward. Also, DRG and MNK accessories should be fused into a single set of drops to slightly reduce the loot tables. Between these two actions, I'm certain Coil drops would be far less frustrating for many players.

Granted, I rather doubt Square will handle it this way. XD

WolvenOne

More chests or let the accessories be mob drops/chests or something.

*nods* Something. Heck, if they have any Turns with Multiple Bosses, like T1's ADS, It'd totally support there being a set of drops there. Just, make them all accessory drops or something, leave the body pieces for the real bosses.

Or SOMETHING. XD

Paprikka

Is there any point in having two different sets of accessories for DRG's and MNK's? Would ease up on bloated loot tables if they just had one set for melee.

They might be doing this going forward, since for the extreme primals they only had striking.

Like that chest in Turn 1 that has a potion in it lol. Or ooo make turn 3 useful with accessory chest. Something.

Turn 2 idk make the security nodes drop chest with accessories in it. Hell they could even make them smaller just by giving t5 is own 3 dedicated chest for weapons since thats all one is anyways and put another chest with items.

So many better options then how they did it.

Meh I'm sorry I'm just bitching now. still bitter I don't got my bow from turn 5 yet. or pants. got ring though =/...let belt drop to ground lol

Jinko

Would make perfect sense to make accessories a drop item and have the armour and weapons as a chest item.

It's never going to happen though.

At the end of the day the devs want to make this content last as long as possible until they are closer to 2.3.

I would rather be burnt out on content than pissed off.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Would make perfect sense to make accessories a drop item and have the armour and weapons as a chest item.

Logic?

Get the fuck out of here!

SE will go forth and do such convoluted systems that even you have to bask at the majesty of it all

*Praise Tanaka & Sage Sundi*

I don't think it was ever stated we would get AF2 in this next patch; all they did was show it to us.

Well they way it was presented it was going to be

AF2 + Coil 2 as Myth and Coil 1 are right now from the pics and speculation

There was no GF gear shown

BLCKATK

It'd be nice if the new jump puzzle before The Avatar in the new Coil turns had a reward for completing it correctly or exploring it.

If you asked me, the turn that is best executed as a raid in the current set of Turns that we have is Turn 1.

Start with a mini-Boss, which is a coordination check and feels good when you beat it for the first time (and incredible easy and fast to defeat on runs afterwords, because your team are more experienced and well geared), then move on to fighting more normal enemies in an interesting environment, end with a raid boss. All the they need to do is add more incentive to killing the normal enemies, maybe a bonus chest that is actually worth it, akin to how the Wanderers Palace chests were before (Allagan fragments for making crafted sets maybe? Or minions?) or gil drop. Then at the end you get the real meat of the reward, the gear for defeating the raid boss.

Instead everyone tries their hardest to skip the miniboss and the 'trash' because there is no reason to do it.

If you want people to not come out salty as hell, or not skip the content you create, you gotta add good and fair incentive to do it. Turns 1-5 can be ran in under an hour, where if Turn 3 had incentive and the explorable area in Turn 1 had something to find that was worth it, everyone would never leave an area undiscovered in there, and the experience and hopefully the fun would last longer. And the satisfaction could last if the loot tables weren't as messed up. It'd be much more fun to be hopeful about the drops instead of waiting for the game to just disappoint you again with the 7th Allagan Cuirass of Aiming in a row. It's absolutely ridiculous that we have people that have never seen drops. Hell it took me from early October, my first Turn 2 win, to mid February for me to see the Allagan Visor of Aiming drop.

I do have faith that the encounter design team and the dungeon design team have learned a lot from the original five turns and the other dungeons they have created. Maybe they'll surprise us with some good stuff.

Jinko

I do have faith that the encounter design team and the dungeon design team have learned a lot from the original five turns and the other dungeons they have created. Maybe they'll surprise us with some good stuff.

Really ?

It seems like they are going backwards to me, CC and AV in 1.0 probably had better loot distribution and the drop rates were shockingly bad.

Dynamis is probably better as well.

SE seems to have proven that they ignore a lot of their lessons and still go for the most awkward and convoluted design choice.

BLCKATK

Logic?

Get the fuck out of here!

SE will go forth and do such convoluted systems that even you have to bask at the majesty of it all

*Praise Tanaka & Sage Sundi*

Well they way it was presented it was going to be

AF2 + Coil 2 as Myth and Coil 1 are right now from the pics and speculation

There was no GF gear shown

I know for sure that during one of the live letters, I think even the same one that they showed AF2, they showed a set that was called "Gerolt_DPS". It was for Dragoon and it looks just like the gear the Dragoon is wearing during the King Moogle Extreme footage.

Really ?

It seems like they going backwards to me, CC and AV in 1.0 probably had better loot distribution and the drop rates were shockingly bad.

Dynamis is probably better as well.

SE seems to have proven that they ignore a lot of their lessons and still go for the most awkward and convoluted design choice.

The team is smarter since back then, I know it because this game has come a long way. The CC/AV drop rates in 1.0 were horrible and I don't think anyone could convince me that those drop rates are any better. The groups I did it with back then never saw shit. Not to mention, that was back during the age of Hamlet drop rates, which were stupid as well. Hell, the primal drop rates back then were abysmal too. 125 Ifrit runs and I never saw a bow, and only received 5 of the weapons and 8 Totems.

For me the system is already better since back then but not by much. There is absolutely room for improvement but I believe they can do it.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Hey, somewhat of a lurker of this thread, but I saw this on my guildwork feed and I thought I would share.

Met Yoshi after his excellent #ffxiv GDC talk and got to ask him some questions. One of my questions was regarding the challenges facing the lack of content that motivates Free Company's to do stuff together as a large group and he told me he'd give me an exclusive not yet announced. With 2.2 and 2.3 they are planning to implement features, bonuses and incentives for FC members to do stuff together.

It's good to see things like this so that we have more incentive to play with FC members instead of random PF or DF pugs.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know for sure that during one of the live letters, I think even the same one that they showed AF2, they showed a set that was called "Gerolt_DPS". It was for Dragoon and it looks just like the gear the Dragoon is wearing during the King Moogle Extreme footage.

Really?

Damn I must have missed it

Some of these crafting leves ask for some the simplest things, yet sometimes they ask for the most material intensive items, shits not fair I tells ya!

LWR was literally Leathers from 1-50, I just farm the skins, mine the alumen and earth shards, then just go HAM making and turning them in Triple Turn In style and just rake in XP + money, burning my 100 leves in the process

Come to WVR, motherfuckers never give you the basic item to turn in, always some ridiculous 3:2:1 ratio or 2:2:1:1 ratio... GRRR!

BLCKATK

Really?

Damn I must have missed it

Just found it again, here it is. This is from Live Letter 8. I think Wada was there when they showed AF2, so it must not have been the same one.

YB39fFt.jpg

Number45

I don't know why you're in a FC if you don't want to play with the FC members.
I'm assuming the sigh is that he thinks you shouldn't need an extra incentive to play with the FC, other than to play with people from the FC.

I need to be a bit more active in the FC, but what with being busy studying (amazing that I still hate this after so many years without doing much of it) and deciding to start a new character with the PS4 launch I haven't done a great deal. Still planning on levelling a gladiator though, so I can hopefully help others with their queue times
if not their chances of successfully completing the dungeon

WolvenOne

oh hey, someone using their brain.

Well I love playing with people from the same FC. I mean there are some people outside of the FC that I'm happy to see joining my party, but, I usually know the FC members quite a bit better.

The only reason I set up PF's and such, is because it's hard to find a full party of GAFers doing the same thing sometimes.

Azrael

If they keep up the trend of iconic Final Fantasy enemies for patch dungeons like Siren and Diabolos, which ones could they add? Typhoon is extremely likely, since there's concept art for it. I would think Fenrir will be a primal, but I would have thought the same of Diabolos too. Ultros and Phantom Train are others I can think of.

If they keep up the trend of iconic Final Fantasy enemies for patch dungeons like Siren and Diabolos, which ones could they add? Typhoon is extremely likely, since there's concept art for it. I would think Fenrir will be a primal, but I would have thought the same of Diabolos too. Ultros and Phantom Train are likely too.
Diabolos is the boss of the new 2.2 dungeon.

I really wish they'd add Shiva already though that will most likely be a primal fight.

gryvan

If they keep up the trend of iconic Final Fantasy enemies for patch dungeons like Siren and Diabolos, which ones could they add? Typhoon is extremely likely, since there's concept art for it. I would think Fenrir will be a primal, but I would have thought the same of Diabolos too. Ultros and Phantom Train are others I can think of.

They should do Ozma

WolvenOne

FF4PSP_Enemy_Ability_Glare.png

I wanna see a Calcobrena boss. *shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom