• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Maybe they did. I mean Amon's speech showed up before any one had even reached his floor, not to mention a bunch of locked/unlocked rooms messages.

First run I had aggro on Amon as soon as we cleared trash, somehow. Second run we had to watch a member of our party get locked into the Red Dragon trash room and die a fiery death alone and forgotten on the other side of the purple wall. Seems like it's par for the course, no?

They're a total joke and they're much better than normal dailies by virtue of being doable regardless of crafting level.

I did all of them. And I hate dailies. With a passion.

Eh. They were super boring for me. Just click Careful Synth once and it's over. Maybe they should have taken into account the level of your crafters, but I don't know if it's gonna hold my interest much longer. At least you get credit much faster than other beast tribe quests and some shards for your trouble (though 10 is not enough dammit!)

I think the new dailies are much, much worse since in order to get full points you need to deliver some items by either crafting them or buying them from the MB.

At least I could do Kobolds semi-afk while Eos healed me.

Sylph still the worst because fuck Sylphland, seriously

That's only if you wanna do the 50 point extra quest. Honestly the most annoying part about that quest is that I no longer carry a lot of those low level items. Luckily I had some stuff to make that hempen cloth rag thing, so I could turn in those 3 things. You should get more progress if they're HQ though, not just exp. Maybe it'll get a little harder later. At least I got 95 progress, so I should get them done pretty fast.

It's been forever since I've play this game (I think it was March). But now I added another month after hearing about the Shantotto event.

I hope to rejoin you guys soon.

Where the hell are those FATEs supposed to spawn? And how long does this event last?

scy

ibjWfFLpNi7s2m.jpg

this explains so much

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Further Ixali dailies require higher level deliveries and HQ for quests.
So not totally brainless. Of course I doubt it will require anything but sub-40 level crafting but yeah

omlet

This explains why GAF CT always seems to turn out so incredible

The incompetence in CT runs these days is staggering. It's hard to tell who is trolling and who is just terrible, but it's mostly just people being terrible. At least I don't really need anything there so I don't do it much any more.

wow got dc'd now im queue'd to enter Ultros? What is this 2013

1 year anniversary!

Edit: beaten

Kyzer

Banned
It is part of the anniversary event. Please enjoy this nostalgic moment as a memory of how the game was a year ago.

The incompetence in CT runs these days is staggering. It's hard to tell who is trolling and who is just terrible, but it's mostly just people being terrible. At least I don't really need anything there so I don't do it much any more.

1 year anniversary!

Edit: beaten

ROFL

omlet

I like ST more than CT, too.

It's also a lot more idiot-proof when it comes to tanking. I mean, that's sad in a way because tanking CT is kinda fun and tanking ST is rather bland in comparison, but I see a lot more wipes due to half the tanks being idiots in CT than I see in ST.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Having the Full GAF CT2 run pulling Scylla super early without half of the alliance making it in in time or the person rushing into the trashmobs alone and getting annihilated wasn't the most shameful part.

During Allagan Krillin, one of the teams robots still had more than 1/2 of his health right as the instant wipe mechanic triggered.

Zareka

So...whenever mogstation stops being down for maintenance, I'm very close to considering realm switching over to Ultros, since $18 = ~£11 according to google, which is a pretty reasonable price, and at the moment I'm essentially playing the game solo. Only problem is, I can't actually find this out for sure anywhere. Can anyone who's transferred in the UK confirm or deny this price?

docbon

so i heard there will be free game time from the 22nd to September 1st.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i think i'll stick with keyboard controls this time.

aceface

Having the Full GAF CT2 run pulling Scylla super early without half of the alliance making it in in time or the person rushing into the trashmobs alone and getting annihilated wasn't the most shameful part.

During Allagan Krillin, one of the teams robots still had more than 1/2 of his health right as the instant wipe mechanic triggered.

There's robots in that fight?

WolvenOne

Guess I'll be using the Ixali dailies to finally get my crafting up a bit. Darn you Square, you finally forced me to pay attention to crafting! D:

Ken

guys... can I show-off? :D
Here's a cool picture of me at GamesCom FFXIV party:

:eek:

Did you end up cosplaying? Or was that for Fanfest.

You should just cosplay a creepy Eorzean nurse.

I wonder what an Atma challenge actually entails?

Optimistically they buff up the server-side drop rate for Atma during the entire event.

Realistically they just have some no-name on the side try to get a set of atma during the stream, find that atma is a miserable pile of RNG, and do nothing to change it.

Frazley

How often does the Burgeoning Dead FATE spawn? I am trying to get on and don't know if I can before next week. Is it a pretty quick event?

I don't want to miss it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've never looked into it, but we're just limited to 2 retainers, right? Can't go and get a third one, or 15 of them, right?

Storage War. The Eternal War.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Doh, guess I missed a GAF Alliance run, from playing Xillia 2.

Is there a set day for CT/CT2 runs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom